The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Let's go! A story about my failure.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I'm unsure about entrepreneurship... But this is my year!

I've been on the forum for about two years. I don't have much to show about it. But this is what i got.

I started a marketing business. Hired a coach. My friend let me sell her product. But i crumbled under pressure! I ended up quitting. Far to soon. I'm living with my mom and she would be constantly in my ear telling me the coach was ripping me off. I should not have let that happen. I respect her views, and she should in turn respect mine. This was probably my down fall I'm not entirely weak. But I ended up in this downward spiral.

I didnt produce results... Although, I was a great worker. But i wasn't producing results. My client was constantly impressed by me. I read all the time so i was really smart. But i just couldn't get my shit together. Some days i would spend an hour. Other a couple more hours.

I just didn't have the hustlers mentality. I had some small wins. I was really in love with the whole proccess of getting customers for my client, and talking with the customers. But i got demotivated, and this constant self talk that was detrimental.

I had never done anything like this!

It was soo fun. And I loved every minute of it.

I had told myself i wasnt cut out for entrepreneurship. Because people had questioned if it was the right thing. How do i know? Should i just keep trucking through?

I am on disability and get a check so my survival is ok for now. And I have the opportunity to go back to welding. There wouldn't be much passion there. It's a very tough job. But wouldn't that be my best bet if I wasn't cut out for entrepreneurship. This is glorified on media. I kind of want to go to college and become a ceo. Or go back to welding and become a franchise owner... That wouldn't be much diferent than being an entrepreneur.

It seem's obvious that i want to become an entrepreneur. There is so much doubt that pops up. But I love the passion even though my fear tells me that I don't

I want to come to this forum more often throughout the year.

I've been scared to ask questions and reach out. Geez that's what this forum is for. Otherwise Mj would be out of a job.

Looking forward to the New Year, and all the wonderful opportunitites
Let's make this year count!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lalulu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2019

I've been on the forum for about two years. I don't have much to show about it. But this is what i got.

I started a marketing business. Hired a coach. My friend let me sell her product. But i crumbled under pressure! I ended up quitting. Far to soon. I'm living with my mom and she would be constantly in my ear telling me the coach was ripping me off. I should not have let that happen. I respect her views, and she should in turn respect mine. This was probably my down fall I'm not entirely weak. But I ended up in this downward spiral.

I didnt produce results... Although, I was a great worker. But i wasn't producing results. My client was constantly impressed by me. I read all the time so i was really smart. But i just couldn't get my shit together. Some days i would spend an hour. Other a couple more hours.

I just didn't have the hustlers mentality. I had some small wins. I was really in love with the whole proccess of getting customers for my client, and talking with the customers. But i got demotivated, and this constant self talk that was detrimental.

I had told myself i wasnt cut out for entrepreneurship. Because people had questioned if it was the right thing. How do i know? Should i just keep trucking through?

I am on disability and get a check so my survival is ok for now. And I have the opportunity to go back to welding. There wouldn't be much passion there. It's a very tough job. But wouldn't that be my best bet if I wasn't cut out for entrepreneurship. This is glorified on media. I kind of want to go to college and become a ceo. Or go back to welding and become a franchise owner... That wouldn't be much diferent than being an entrepreneur.

It seem's obvious that i want to become an entrepreneur. There is so much doubt that pops up. But I love the passion even though my fear tells me that I don't

I've been scared to ask questions and reach out. Geez that's what this forum is for. Otherwise Mj would be out of a job.

Amazing step forward Dylan! I am new to this forum and while I am now going into my 5th year of business ownership starting to participate in forums like this is a goal of mine.

I think everybody deep down knows that if business ownership is part of them or not. The drive is not something that can really be trained or teached, it comes from a place within. It sounds like you know what you need to do…. and you just need to “get back on the horse.” This time I think keep your cards close to your chest, just try and start again but do it on the quiet, this way you are preventing the external people around you giving their opinion. The business I'm in now, was my 4th attempt and I know that there were people going "oh here she goes again, why doesn't she just focus on the career/job she has", but that’s the thing, no one knows you deep down and the drive that you have to create something.

Just everyday chip away at something moving towards what you really want to do. Some days you will do lots, some days you won't do much, but be kind to yourself and keep pushing forward. We can grossly overestimate what we can achieve in a year, and severely underestimate what we can achieve in a decade. So the real question is - are you in it for the long haul?

Cheers, Lu

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Amazing step forward Dylan! I am new to this forum and while I am now going into my 5th year of business ownership starting to participate in forums like this is a goal of mine.

I think everybody deep down knows that if business ownership is part of them or not. The drive is not something that can really be trained or teached, it comes from a place within. It sounds like you know what you need to do…. and you just need to “get back on the horse.” This time I think keep your cards close to your chest, just try and start again but do it on the quiet, this way you are preventing the external people around you giving their opinion. The business I'm in now, was my 4th attempt and I know that there were people going "oh here she goes again, why doesn't she just focus on the career/job she has", but that’s the thing, no one knows you deep down and the drive that you have to create something.

Just everyday chip away at something moving towards what you really want to do. Some days you will do lots, some days you won't do much, but be kind to yourself and keep pushing forward. We can grossly overestimate what we can achieve in a year, and severely underestimate what we can achieve in a decade. So the real question is - are you in it for the long haul?

Cheers, Lu
You have found a great place. I have found immense value on this forum. I couldn't tell you how much info is on here! I've gone through the gold/notable threads. And all the tips/tricks have been baffling. I wouldn't mind going back through them and putting them to action.

Now that you have said this. That deep down I know. I do feel it. That i'm an entrepreneur by heart. I love to learn. And grow! You can't get that anywhere else. The drive is very interesting. I've had a rough past so I think that will come in handy. All the trials and tribulations have hardened me.

I started a little business when I was around eight after watching my friends do it. I sold palm trees in the front of my neighborhood. I had sat there, and only got one customer. It was funny, she had just given me money because she had liked me so much. Profit ten dollars.

And Yes, it's time to get back on the horse

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia

keep it up man!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

changelife

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 30, 2019
I really understand your pain because i had the same problem as i introduced my self on this platform from the beginning jumping from program to program,everyone talking about themselves how best their program are,how to make money online,showing cars on instagram pretending what they are not. I thanks those who are doing the right way where my life as changed after seeing,watching those videos,put everything in Action.
Online there is nothing for nothing,you have to put in more effort mainly the beginners to know the basics . Associate with those who have succeeded ,you will also succeed.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018

A good exercise for you to do would be to do a post mortem on this. Think critically and clearly about what didn't work and what did. Sort these two things out so that you see them as distinct from one another. I'm not sure that you see that yet.

From an outsider's perspective, your post is very confusing and full of contradictions.

I didnt produce results...

VS.

My client was constantly impressed by me.

That makes no sense. If you didn't produce results, your client would have been angry with you.

If, instead, your client was impressed with you, maybe you produced more results than you thought.

Although, I was a great worker.

VS.

Some days i would spend an hour. Other a couple more hours.

Careful. Once you have built a business, you can often reduce your workload to a few hours a day. A lot of forum members have achieved this. It's a glorious reward, often after years of hard work. But if you only work one or a couple hours a day while you're BUILDING something, you probably will take a lot longer to achieve success than a person who is putting in at least 40 hours a week.

I just didn't have the hustlers mentality.

VS.

Although, I was a great worker.

Do you see why it's confusing to read your post?

=======

But i got demotivated, and this constant self talk that was detrimental.

VS

=========

I had told myself i wasnt cut out for entrepreneurship.

VS.

It seem's obvious that i want to become an entrepreneur.

=========

Also, this:
I kind of want to go to college and become a ceo.
(????) This is not how someone becomes a CEO.

=======

Dylan, you titled your post, "A Story About My Failure."

I sense that you care about your success and are sad and disappointed over failure.

But it seems to me that you are also holding contradictory ideas in your mind at the same time without realizing it. If you continue to do this, it can become an invisible source of hindrance to the next business you try.

I think it will take you a long way if you do the hard work of identifying contradictions when you see them. Acknowledge it. Pick a side. Refuse to let opposite forces inside you nullify your progress.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
A good exercise for you to do would be to do a post mortem on this. Think critically and clearly about what didn't work and what did. Sort these two things out so that you see them as distinct from one another. I'm not sure that you see that yet.

From an outsider's perspective, your post is very confusing and full of contradictions.

VS.

That makes no sense. If you didn't produce results, your client would have been angry with you.

If, instead, your client was impressed with you, maybe you produced more results than you thought.

VS.

Careful. Once you have built a business, you can often reduce your workload to a few hours a day. A lot of forum members have achieved this. It's a glorious reward, often after years of hard work. But if you only work one or a couple hours a day while you're BUILDING something, you probably will take a lot longer to achieve success than a person who is putting in at least 40 hours a week.

VS.

Do you see why it's confusing to read your post?

=======

VS

=========

VS.

=========

Also, this:

(????) This is not how someone becomes a CEO.

=======

Dylan, you titled your post, "A Story About My Failure."

I sense that you care about your success and are sad and disappointed over failure.

But it seems to me that you are also holding contradictory ideas in your mind at the same time without realizing it. If you continue to do this, it can become an invisible source of hindrance to the next business you try.

I think it will take you a long way if you do the hard work of identifying contradictions when you see them. Acknowledge it. Pick a side. Refuse to let opposite forces inside you nullify your progress.

Thank you Bekit. I have been holding these contradictory terms in my head. At the end of the day I didn't produce results... There's nothing else to it.

Your post was very informative. I expect nothing less from a gold contributor!

I'll get right to the post mortem!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.