The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2019 Fastlane Summit: Preliminary Speaker Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I'm living in a igloo with a bunch of scouts the week of Feb 17 to Feb 24. Hoping the boss finds it in his heart to not have it that week. :)

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I'll give my talk right now.

This really has to be at least 3 days, with 45-60 min per speaker. Wayyyy too many great posts here to cram into only two days.

I'm done. Thank you. I'm here all week. (That was a lot easier than I expected, even if it was pretty short...)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Feeling a bit small among the giants of the forum and the many amazing people I met last year, but I am going to throw my name into the mix.

Win Your Day, Win Your Life will be a presentation on developing daily routines that fit your immediate needs and the implementation of a metric driven system to reach new levels of greatness and balance in your life.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I was thinking about skipping the Summit, because I’m not active on the forum, and I don’t want to take the spot of someone who deserves to go. I don’t post on social media or forums (it’s all hypereality to me!). I'm just here to keep track of the IRL meetups.

But the “there were no female speakers” comment caught my attention. All of the other women I talked to last year mentioned it.

So, I’ll throw my hat in... I briefly touched on this a few years ago, but I could do an extended version of:

Doing business with China: Tips on communication, attending the Canton Fair, and cultural pitfalls (how NOT to accidentally act like a complete a**hole).”

I’d still come down to hang out for a week in Scottsdale, either way.

Jpeveryday

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 5, 2018
Can't believe how much time has flown by, so much so it's already TIME to put out FEELERS for potential speakers at the 2019 Fastlane Summit.

Granted, this is just a preliminary search and NO DATES have been set, however assuming it goes off, it will be early February, February 8/9 or 15/16.

Again, this thread is NOT an indication of the event, just a reach out to see WHO might be interested in speaking so I can get a grasp of WHO and WHAT and HOW MANY.

Obviously we are looking for people who are DEEP in the trenches of ACTION and RESULTS.

If you might be interested, please post here and let us know what you might speak on. In the past speakers are allotted 25-40 minutes and we don't expect a deviation from it.

Also, chosen speakers are guaranteed a ticket, and minimally, get them half off. (Perks all depends on the costs and budgets!)

This event sells out in a matter of hours and it is not advertised anywhere (but here.)

Occurs in Scottsdale Arizona at the Talking Stick Resort.

Link to last year's event:

MEETUPS - 2018 Fastlane Summit, Ticket Announcement! (Confirmed Attendees)

New around these parts but I did side-launch a biz that was profitable by the end of the first one.

My talk would be about how to maximize your free time to launch and grow your startup while working a demanding full-time job. Specific actionable steps with real-life time diaries.
I launched with a full-time demanding job years ago and am using the same strategies to re-launch and grow with two pre-schoolers in tow, today.

Thanks for the consideration.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Was thinking about the summit earlier this year and how awesome it was to be in Arizona during the winter.

Def going to bring the family this year.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I like @Vigilante's panel concept and I think alot of people can get stuff out of it when done with the right people. Doing one on e-commerce and real estate investing would be awesome too if we could get experienced people onboard with it with proper preparation.

I'd be up to speak on either of them if that was something that were to be implemented and needed people for.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was thinking about skipping the Summit, because I’m not active on the forum, and I don’t want to take the spot of someone who deserves to go. I don’t post on social media or forums (it’s all hypereality to me!). I'm just here to keep track of the IRL meetups.

But the “there were no female speakers” comment caught my attention. All of the other women I talked to last year mentioned it.

So, I’ll throw my hat in... I briefly touched on this a few years ago, but I could do an extended version of:

Doing business with China: Tips on communication, attending the Canton Fair, and cultural pitfalls (how NOT to accidentally act like a complete a**hole).”

I’d still come down to hang out for a week in Scottsdale, either way.

Yes

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Thanks @million$$$smile (and @Raoul Duke).

I’m not sure I’d be taking a trip abroad. We’ll see nearer the time.

I post loads of stories and learnings from the coalface in TFLF. Curious what folks would want me to present on:

Getting started fast and cheap with paid search so you can build a business case of whether to proceed or not?

Getting started fast and cheap by helping people in forums and Facebook groups? (What I semi-jokingly call my Engage Method to Ryan Levesque’s Ask Method.)

Lessons learned managing a team of 35 spending €120k/day, and in a tech startup building 120m keywords and ads?

How I’m trying to help people with content by keeping it a byproduct of the work I do, and not become a content creator per se? (This is a work in progress but people do ask how and why I create so much free content.)

Similar to the above, how I joined TFLF, dropped loads of articles, and had the ban hammer hovering over me. Hmmm... maybe I’m not the best to talk about that. Haha.

Other?

If I don’t make it maybe I can create some more material and drop it in here to help folks anyway?

Or you could just stop being a baby and commit

therealmark

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Dec 27, 2017
Spokane WA
I would be more than happy to speak. I could give a talk on a number of software business related things: Scaling a software business, building remote teams, creating raving clients in service.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
... if there's any chance of it going down still, put me down for a talk on ML/AI. Starting an INSIDERS thread this upcoming week to detail my journey from physicist to ML engineer

Seth G.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 30, 2018
Tri-State Area
@MJ DeMarco

I'd be interested in speaking, depending on when you set the date, you're going to find me at an interesting time that may make for an interesting talk.

In about 1.5 months I'm quitting my "cushy" software developer job and focusing on fastlane full-time for no less than a year (I've set aside a year of living expenses to essentially pay myself to focus on business w/ minimal lifestyle changes).

The gist of the topic title might be something like:
"My fastlane as of 8am this morning"
"What it's really like to quit everything and focus on Fastlane full-time"
"Cutting the Corporate Parachute"

A brief explanation of everything that brought me to that point (the second FTE of my life) and everything after (quitting a 'perfect' six-figure job, building a business, marketing material, products, and client list from zilch, and all the joys of pounding through a homegrown 8K long lead list, selling, logistics, the whole shebang).

If your Summit is in say 3-12 months, I should be full-time and neck deep in growth or failu-I mean learning :rofl:.

Overall, I think it would make for an interesting talk. Hearing about a kid who just 'started' months ago, who's giving it everything, and all of the associated learnings/experiences.

If you're curious, some business info below:
~~
Manufacturing of products focused on [a specific] sporting community and leveraging that community's centers/stores as the sales channels.

Control - I built the website, have numerous vendors for all constituent supplies, and have a lot of flexibility in manipulating my pricing, branding, etc

Entry - Generated a massive list of potential channel partner businesses myself (the list exists nowhere else). The things we sell took months of perfecting at home equivalents I've used (and sold to friends passively) for years. Additionally seeking out and competing manufacturers against each other on pricing. Well designed logos and branding materials homemade and professionally (marketing/brand friends) reviewed and approved. Is it impossible to replicate? No. But it would be a fair bit of work.

Need - Sport equipment smells bad and activities are often rough on the skin. My products are organic, all-natural, and loaded to the gills with all of the benefits you'd expect. Beyond that, channel partner companies can expect 60-80% profit margins on the products of mine they stock. So while I manufacture products for end users, I'm really in the business of making other businesses money.

Time - This is the one point of my business I need to improve on (and I know, it's probably one of the most important). I've created a members only portal on my site so that partner companies can order products whenever they want w/o having to call me. The products can be made in bulk and have exceptionally long shelf life. I need to brainstorm/work out the logistics details and how to fully disconnect. With sufficient profit, hiring a manager would be a possibility. There are outsourced manufacturers who take your directions and make your product... but I haven't dialed in those numbers yet. My gut says I can fulfill the time requirement. My brain just hasn't caught on fully.

Scale - [Redacted re public google indexing] Sports have an incredible growth curve and YUPpies with a lot of money to burn are flocking to them (trust me, I'm one of those YUPpies).
~~

tl;dr: I'd be open to speaking about by imminent successes and/or failures. In a couple of months, I'll be fresh out of the frying pan and right in the middle of the sh*t. Could be a fun thing to talk about.

Last edited:

Aleph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 1, 2018
These all sound good to me!

The OODA Loop
The OODA loop has become an important concept in litigation, business and military strategy. The phrase OODA loop refers to the decision cycle of observe, orient, decide, and act, developed by military strategist and USAF Colonel John Boyd. Boyd applied the concept to the combat operations process, often at the strategic level in military operations. It is now also often applied to understand commercial operations and learning processes. Use it to save your life, but you can also use it to outmaneuver your competitors.

Getting started fast and cheap by helping people in forums and Facebook groups? (What I semi-jokingly call my Engage Method to Ryan Levesque’s Ask Method.)

Lessons learned managing a team of 35 spending €120k/day, and in a tech startup building 120m keywords and ads?

How I’m trying to help people with content by keeping it a byproduct of the work I do, and not become a content creator per se? (This is a work in progress but people do ask how and why I create so much free content.)

Win Your Day, Win Your Life will be a presentation on developing daily routines that fit your immediate needs and the implementation of a metric driven system to reach new levels of greatness and balance in your life.

Most are so beyond my current scope, just laying out the topic sounds scary. Like spending €120k a day... This Summit must be golden.

@MJ DeMarco, will there be -as others have asked as well- a digital way to attend? (Live) streaming or after event download or what not. Paying a fee for the Summit's cool but flying over the big pond would break the bank this year.
Would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads