The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH 100 pushups x 1 month challenge

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
While I am not doing the push-up challenge along with you guys, I did go jogging today for the first time in recent memory! My wife went for a jog while I watched the babies, and then I went after! We are both going to try and get some exercise every single day.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Okay you guys, you inspired me. The ONLY reason that I wouldn't be participating in this is due to sheer laziness.

So I just did my 100 push-ups.

Day 1: 100 push-ups

PapaGang

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Agreed. If I get twinges I’ll take a few days off and start lower again. This is very much like media buying to reach growth targets. Work our how to increase a bit at a time. Expect drops as well as increases.
Right. Tim Ferriss explains that often your body's ability to recover is lower than your eagerness to build muscle. In his concept, you do the minimal effective dose to spur muscle growth, then take it up from there.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 2: 100 push-ups. Did half as military push-ups to hit my lats a bit more.
I had to Google “military pushups”. What the heck?! They hurt!!

Day 5

2 x 20 normal pushups.
2 x 10 military pushups.
(60)

My kids love watching this.

I also took all three for a bike ride this afternoon. Except I don’t have a bike so jogged... way faster than I normally would.

I’m beat today. I’ll stick at 60 for a few days to get the hang of these military ones.

Reactions: GPM

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Right. Tim Ferriss explains that often your body's ability to recover is lower than your eagerness to build muscle. In his concept, you do the minimal effective dose to spur muscle growth, then take it up from there.
Exactly. The recovery is just as important.

Also... I remember my athletics coach telling us we have to “Get fit to train.” The body will wonder wtf is going on so I better listen to it and not get injured.

PapaGang

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Hi guys, this challenge must be the easiest ever proposed on the forum, all you have to do is 100 pushups with good form per day for 30 days, no matter how you do them, all in one sitting or spread out during the day.

I just failed my first attempt after 5 days...
So I'm debating wheter to restart today or tomorrow.

How it went: Day 1, fine did them in one session took me nearly an hour(was resting plenty and doing other stuff meanwhile), Day 2 it was brutal I completed it still in one session but most sets where 5 reps(day 1 they were 10), day 3 I spread them out during the day and hardly finished them up before going to bed, day 4 pretty similar to day 3, day 5 I get to 49 and in the last 20 there's something off in my right arm... like I pinched a nerve or something it felt super awkward, not hurting but like it's about to mess up so I stopped.

Weight has a huge role since I feel like my joints would be much happier if I weighted 20 kg less..
Restarting the challenge while keeping my calorie intake lower, debating wheter to count calories or not.

I'll be taking one picture per day and maybe make a small video at the end.

You're all welcome to join and see if physical progress can be made from such a simple exercise.
Ok. I'm down.

For awhile I was doing 3 sets of 25 for 75 total every day, then after a couple of weeks moved to 3 sets of 33 for 100. Recently I was doing 2 sets of 50.

I might be rusty for the first few days, but I'm in, this will be a good morning routine for me.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
The body will wonder wtf is going on so I better listen to it and not get injured.
YES X1000!!!!! Listen to your body!!!!!!

I did p90x a long time ago (10+ years ago, gross) and I remember hurting myself a few times. Did a few weeks of it like 6 months ago and hurt myself again! After this I started looking in to proper ways to work out. Turns out a huge portion of the way they literally tell you is "the right way" in p90x is 100% the wrong way!!!

If I had only listened to my body I wouldn't be as messed up today as I now am. Ugh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Everything you write about is so convincing and so adequate to my expectations that I can't...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I would also like to welcome to the traditional incubator @JustinY I am excited for what we...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
April sucked. You were forced into your homes, into different lifestyles. For some, it was an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock