The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do I want to be wealthy?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Hey Fastlaners! I joined the site a couple of days ago. A good friend and my current business partner sent me TMF audiobook and it hit me right in the gut. So here I am, ready to get to the fastlane. I'm 27, have a great slow lane career, but it's slow lane. The best thing my former life, USMC, taught me is independence, discipline, problem solving, and most importantly CONFIDENCE! My current career gave me the ability to sell anything! I could sell you a bag of dog crap if I needed to.

My business partner asked me the other day, testing my "millionaire mindset" as he puts it, "why do you want to be rich?"

Simple. I want to fly. I want to buy every cool vintage airplane I can get my hands on and fly the hell out of it. I want to break the bonds of the slow lane, get a lawn chair and sit outside my hanger and watch planes taxi to the runway.

So new friends, why do you want to be wealthy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Welcome to the forum. You'll fit in well around here. Some of our most respected members were in the armed forces. You've got the Fastlane mindset already, plus a do-or-die attitude and enough sales skills to make a career out of it. You'll do fine.

First tip: make a progress thread. Don't reveal your business, but give enough info on it so people can follow the process. Post about your FAILURES as well as successes, because we can all learn from both.

Second tip: use the 'search' function to find progress and info threads that pertain to the business you run. Read through them. Then click 'Watch Thread' to be notified of updates.

Third tip: read the GOLD posts. You may have already done this.

As far as your question... I want to be wealthy so I can live a free life. Free of debts, free of time sucking jobs and job-like businesses. A free life filled with the people I want in it. No alarm clocks or daily commutes by car, bus, or train. Free to do what I want.

Little things, like getting your hair cut at 10:30 am on a Monday, or going down to the lake at 2:30 pm on a Thursday. Big things, like taking a trip on a lark and hanging with people you haven't seen in a while. Even bigger things, like never having to fear when your car breaks down or worrying about being able to pay any upcoming bills. Not having to ask a boss for permission to see a sick relative in the hospital.

I can come up with lots of things, but the verdict is thus: it's better to be free.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum. You'll fit in well around here. Some of our most respected members were in the armed forces. You've got the Fastlane mindset already, plus a do-or-die attitude and enough sales skills to make a career out of it. You'll do fine.

First tip: make a progress thread. Don't reveal your business, but give enough info on it so people can follow the process. Post about your FAILURES as well as successes, because we can all learn from both.

Second tip: use the 'search' function to find progress and info threads that pertain to the business you run. Read through them. Then click 'Watch Thread' to be notified of updates.

Third tip: read the GOLD posts. You may have already done this.

Thanks for the tips! I am planning on starting a progress thread shortly. I'm excited about my new business and I want to share my success and mess ups with everyone.

I completely agree with your reasons for freedom too.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I want to have a room full of geckos.

I want a room full of snakes. Actually, I want a room full of snake. I want to convert a bedroom to a terrarium for a Burmese Python. As for now, I'm happy with my little Hognose.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Jet ski in Miami all day like DJ Khaled
jJR0QNB.png

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
I have a life I want to build, and slowlane money won't cut it. I want enough to afford both a place in the city and a place in country, as well as some reasonable travel for myself and my mom. More importantly, I want the freedom to enjoy it on my own schedule, and the freedom to work on my other ideas and projects without this eight hours psychic vampire in the middle of the day.

bob johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Dec 15, 2015
i want to bask in the glow of my own greatness
delight in all earthly pleasures now denied me

Most important, is to be free from the condescension of the middle classes who heap scorn upon me for my profession(I am a humble house painter)

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
i want to bask in the glow of my own greatness
delight in all earthly pleasures now denied me

Most important, is to be free from the condescension of the middle classes who heap scorn upon me for my profession(I am a humble house painter)

No scorn here! I work part-time as a telemarketer for a local painter. Pretty sure I provide more value to more people that way then I do at my professional gig.

bob johnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Dec 15, 2015
i feel kinda bad for expressing my ambition so nakedly.

The real reason i want to get rich guys is so that I can add value.

original.gif

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I instantly thought of my introduction thread after the events of this weekend. Friday, I'd had a pretty frustrating day. We had a huge wrench thrown into our plans and I'm pretty upset with my partner.

But Friday morning I finally decided to cash in on a gift I'd been given. My wife, got me a gift certificate to fly in my dream airplane, a Boeing Stearman.

So, Friday morning before I had to go to work, I went to the small airstrip on the north side of town and met what could be described as the quintessential pilot. He fired up the old radial engine and we took to the skies. We flew to the gulf, over the water, then back. It was an incredible experience being in an open cockpit going 120 kn.

I felt at peace, happy, and more content than I ever have in my entire life. But most of all, it refocused me. It made me realize that more than anything, this is how I want to spend every single day of my life. And if I want this, I have to work for it.

IMG_6165.JPG
IMG_6178.JPG
IMG_6191.JPG

Last edited:

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Love how that (relatively) simple act has cleared your head and refocused you.

For me, it's freedom.

I am going to do whatever I want, whenever I want. It's my life to live, not my boss's

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for "bumping" your introduction thread. It's always nice to go back and read introductions from months ago to see how things progressed, especially when that person becomes a valued contributor around here.

I felt at peace, happy, and more content than I ever have in my entire life. But most of all, it refocused me. It made me realize that more than anything, this is how I want to spend every single day of my life. And if I want this, I have to work for it.

Sometimes NOT grinding is the best thing we could ever do for our grind. I'm happy you were able to refocus. Maybe schedule the event (or something similar) every six months? Before I could afford the fast cars, I remember I used to rent a Corvette / Porsche a few times a year. At that time in my journey, it really was a nice recharge/refocus.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just going to the gym at 8 in the morning makes me smile.

There's nobody there!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Sometimes NOT grinding is the best thing we could ever do for our grind. I'm happy you were able to refocus. Maybe schedule the event (or something similar) every six months? Before I could afford the fast cars, I remember I used to rent a Corvette / Porsche a few times a year. At that time in my journey, it really was a nice recharge/refocus.

Great advice @MJ DeMarco, you don't have to tell me twice to fly more! But you're right, for my mental health, having a reset period really was priceless. Between my job and working on my business, its been a constant grind for the past 6 months. The little things get you to relax and realign your priorities. I will definitely get some more time in the air.

There's nobody there!

Dare to dream Andy, dare to dream. 5 am is my gym time, but its still busy. I imagine 9am here would be a ghost town.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.

There's nobody there!

Lucky you! Must be a sleepy lot in Ireland. My gym is packed at 8 with pre-work gymers.

I've got to go at 10pm. But it's a great point. I love going after a solid 4-5 hours (after work weekdays) on the fastlane so I can mull it over and clear my head.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
The first 18 years of my life were spent doing what others told me. Just before highschool I've went to my student counselor several times and I was never enthusiastic about any career in particular(I mean I always wanted to be an astronaut because I had an interest in space but it wasn't an option at this point).

However, for the first time I was left to make my own decisions and while I've always had a picture in my head of how the future would look untill that point.

This time it was totally black, I had no idea what the future had in store for me. So one day I sat down and simply thought

We go to school to get an education inorder to get a good job so we can have a nice income and a comfortable life.

So at the end of the day it all comes down to money. "Why not get a bunch of money so I can skip all this shit?"

That was my thought process and I never looked back since.

Last edited:

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Grinding, taking risks, building something that may be successful or may crash and burn, investing time and money into new technology while it's still in the "weird" phase, the thrill of being right when you were supposed to be wrong, the agony of being wrong when you felt you were supposed to be so right and desensitizing yourself to that failure to the point you seek it out because you're a bad motherfcker and you know the end result could've been something incredible, etc.

I don't think sitting on the beach all day or doing all these things people fantasize about can replace the feeling of creating something from nothing and watching it flourish, similar to having kids, I imagine. I've done the whole retired, (insert hobby here) all day thing and it is boring as shit after the 3rd day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...