The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

When your back's against the wall...

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
but all in your language is victimisation and excuses.
That''s good advice. So every single word? I do keep asking people to tell me which words.

Your mentality makes you the type of people you never wanna meet.
Then how do you explain people who want to meet me? How do I have friends? The people who matter don't mind my language and the people who mind don't matter. Or do you mean for sales? Note this is an English issue. In German the problem never occurs since Nein is never seen as negative word, (except in the logical sense) it is a simple statement of fact the opposite of Ya(Yes)

You have to use Natter and Yahwhol to get the tone in. This is one of the reasons Germans are sterotyped as rude and blunt, there is no culture against saying No, Not possible or impossible )

It is also why I am learning German.

, you just have to talk about what you're offering and see if they interested.
That sounds like sales to me.

So please, exit the "i can't" "but" " for me it's impossible", because for me this type of people are losers, and no one wants to stay with them, always negative.
Sure what synonyms do you reccomend? For me the kind of people who say things like "can't isn't in my volcabulary" are losers, I want to have nothing to do with.

I'm more upset by people pretending to be honest, than honestly being negative, although I'm diagnosed as struggling to tell the difference(I can show you the medical paperwork, if you like, since I'm unable to say it is impossible) it is really hard to phrase that sentence.

How the F*ck can you complain.
I'm not. How can you think I am?

In military, when they are underwater and are nearly drowning in the buds, they think always of the positive situation
If they think like that then why are their lifeboats on their ships? That's thinking of a pretty bad thing, as are ejector seats. You have to think of the negative situations to be able to put in place the things that help later.

think like that and you gonna attract good people.
I promise you, no more losers in your life

I'm uninterested in attracting good perople, I want to attract paying customers whom will pay me for goods or services I can provide.

I see no losers in my life.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My version of “diesel and coffee” is a Zoom call. To me that phrase means “make the effort to meet them somewhere neutral or where they hang out, and then just have a chat”. AKA don’t have any agenda other than to learn about them and build a relationship.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@LittleWolfie

Maybe this thread might help:

If I recall correctly, I had three posts with three lessons in there (so keep reading).

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
@LittleWolfie

Maybe this thread might help:

If I recall correctly, I had three posts with three lessons in there (so keep reading).
Useful it seems like no, but is closer to nein than no taht's perhaps natter (which encodes the tone better) I had no idea but was such a powerful word. Although it seems to make it hard to disagree with people. if you have to Yes, and all the time.

Me: It has been proven the earth is flat

Your turn.

To me that phrase means “make the effort to meet them somewhere neutral or where they hang out, and then just have a chat”. AKA don’t have any agenda other than to learn about them and build a relationship.
If that was true then why limit yourself to clients? You could hang outside the unemployment office and learn lots about people and have a chat and a realtionship. Do you?How many homeless people do you keep a relationship with and have coffee with? After all since you have no agenda there abilty to help you is immaterial, right? I think you do have an agenda of building groundwork or establishing a relattionship that migt help you in the future.

This is hard for me to work out, because the only people I want are a relationship with are my friends and family, for everyone else there is an agenda ) I want people here to help me and advise me, or I would be doing something I enjoy.

It seems like more of an extrovert thing, why would I want to give up my reading time to go talk with people? I can do it, however it seems dishonest to pretend I have no agenda,I do and I think people can tell that.

Much cleaner just to tell them why I am there, think what they may.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
What if you’re there to help them?
Then that is your agenda.(or part of it) Why that person though? There are millions of people in the world that could use a helping hand. Why did you choose to help them? You could have gone to the food bank or soup kitchen instead.

Your answer forms the rest of the agenda. I want to help people and that's why I volunteer at the homeless shelter(they need help,my agenda is to help them)

There are lots of people there whom would love for you to learn about them and build a relationship with them.

Nobody ever goes "networking" or meeting for a coffee, or to learn about them and build a relationship with them though.

If you stopped meeting up with clients and people you worked with you could build an even bigger network of homeless and unemployed people. I'm betting you won't because you always choose people with a higher chance of helping you in the future. Like the farmer planting huis seed corn, you have an agenda. It may be far from haverst time, and you may only harvest some, however nobody grows crops and never harvests.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Then that is your agenda.(or part of it) Why that person though? There are millions of people in the world that could use a helping hand. Why did you choose to help them? You could have gone to the food bank or soup kitchen instead.

Your answer forms the rest of the agenda. I want to help people and that's why I volunteer at the homeless shelter(they need help,my agenda is to help them)

There are lots of people there whom would love for you to learn about them and build a relationship with them.

Nobody ever goes "networking" or meeting for a coffee, or to learn about them and build a relationship with them though.

If you stopped meeting up with clients and people you worked with you could build an even bigger network of homeless and unemployed people. I'm betting you won't because you always choose people with a higher chance of helping you in the future. Like the farmer planting huis seed corn, you have an agenda. It may be far from haverst time, and you may only harvest some, however nobody grows crops and never harvests.
My favourite business quote:

“Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person closest to you.”

That’s by Mother Theresa of all people.

Something else to bear in mind:

“Put your own oxygen mask on first.”

I’ll be able to help more people if I’m a better businessman.

Anyway... we each have to figure out how to make this work our own way. If my way doesn’t resonate then try another way.

At the end of the day business is quite simple: Add value. Get paid.

broswoodwork

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
@LittleWolfie

Please don't be offended by this, but are you... I probably shouldn't even be asking this... are you on the autism spectrum? My 11 year old son is, so I'm in no way trying to be derogatory, but I'm wondering if folks here may be able to help you better if that info was out there.

Again, sorry if this is too personal or offensive.

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
“Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person closest to you.”

That’s by Mother Theresa of all people.
Mother Theresa did have a system for deciding on the next person to treat though. We call it triage. It starts with the person whom has the best chance of survival and whom is most in need. Since she was running a charity rather than a business it makes sense that she should be ignoring numbers and profit.

Something else to bear in mind:

“Put your own oxygen mask on first.”
Sure okay that's about charity still, no one invoices for helping people with their oxygen mask

I’ll be able to help more people if I’m a better businessman.
OK, so your agenda is too become a better businessman via these chats, which helps you to add more value and to help more people. That I can follow, if you want to lie to yourself, it is none of my business.

Anyway... we each have to figure out how to make this work our own way. If my way doesn’t resonate then try another way.
Being honest about having an agenda seems best to me. There is nothing wrong with having one, that's just business.

At the end of the day business is quite simple: Add value. Get paid.
I like it, no mention of relationships, coffee, diesel 'helping people' and explicitly requires you to think about money and numbers although I prefer exchange rather than add value. Indeed it is the fundamental tenet of our economic system that after each transaction both parties feel that they have more value than they had before.

My agenda is to find people (the starving audience) via the internet who have money and offer them a product or service that leads to a mutually beneficial transaction.

It seems intellectually dishonest to pretend otherwise, I can always donate some profits to a charity if I desire.

It is quite annoying that it is a struggle to find the audience and then find out what their struggles are. See how @MattR82 never posted about how his back was against the wall, even though I asked. I guess there is no interest in me trying to solve the problem being faced. I'm really good at coming up with ways to solve problems, automate repeating time-wasting processes. Of course without a problem there is no for me to build and sell a solution.

@LittleWolfie

Please don't be offended by this,
None taken! In fact this is the kind of response I keep trying to get. You ask a question, regarding my circumstances, I explain and we work out other solutions.

This has worked with driving, once I managed to get people to understand that actually I wasn't making excuses regarding driving issues, it took all of 2 hours to find the solution. I'm making good progress with my driving instructor in a car modified for wheelchair- bound drivers.

I probably shouldn't even be asking this... are you on the autism spectrum?
Of course you should be asking this, it is how advice and conversations work. I'm mystified at why I'd be offended. I'm pretty hard to offend anyway.

At the risk of sounding like Sheldon Cooper, my mother had me tested and I'm not on the autism spectrum. I am on the neurodevelopmental disorder spectrum (which the autism spectrum is inside) and some of the things I have been diagnosed often occur with autism, so I that is a common perception/mistake.

I'm wondering if folks here may be able to help you better if that info was out there.
Every-time I have started to explain about my various diagnoses, the usual reaction is excuse, or stop complaining. Rather than an attempt at actually helping me overcome the issues I have provided. I have absolutely no idea how to discuss these issues and sound positive.

By all means try an autistic approach, just bear in mind it could be the wrong approach for me.

broswoodwork

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
If you've got some stuff going on, there can be some unique challenges you've got to bridge or eliminate. Sales is a social art and science that can be tough even as an introvert, let alone as a person with a brain wired up differently.

I don't want to hijack this awesome thread though, so I'll try to find you in one of your other threads.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
If you've got some stuff going on, there can be some unique challenges you've got to bridge or eliminate. Sales is a social art and science that can be tough even as an introvert, let alone as a person with a brain wired up differently.

I don't want to hijack this awesome thread though, so I'll try to find you in one of your other threads.
Thanks for the help. They probably make most sense read from the top to the bottom , however they sound more positive from the bottom up.

INTRO - Hello, I don't want to be a millionaire (Basic intro)

EXECUTION - My failed poor executions (warning Long,discussion around my problems ,what I have tried and the issues I am facing.)

2 hard disk laptop (product, I have tried to sell)

EXECUTION - Stock Trading software attempt (another product)

WEB SCHOOL - Working out how to add (almost 3 million ) in an afternoon. (attempt to showcase skills, needs work)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
My version of “diesel and coffee” is a Zoom call. To me that phrase means “make the effort to meet them somewhere neutral or where they hang out, and then just have a chat”. AKA don’t have any agenda other than to learn about them and build a relationship.

Diesel and coffee can be many things can't it!

My diesel and coffee tomorrow is a skype meeting, 2 weeks from now its face to face haha.

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Sales is a social art and science that can be tough even as an introvert, let alone as a person with a brain wired up differently.
Funnily enough , I have read of literal, analytical & introverted people who have excelled at cross-sales. (on base & commision)

Since it requires research,interviewing customers, forming hypothesis and testing them, rather than the more social aspect of upsales, and new sales.

The issue for me is working out how to replicate that success without going to London every weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom