The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Working out how to add (almost 3 million ) in an afternoon.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
(Scroll down for images)​
1) Given that your customer wants sales rather than a website.
2) every 100 Miliseconds of latency costs 1% of revenue.
3) The amount of bloat and slow loading plugins and videos cause.
Companies are literally throwing away large amounts of revenue.

Worked example using www.think-cell.com 2.63 seconds to load. (2.60 seconds = 2630 MS = 26.3 MS =26.3% of estimated 14 Million= 3.68200 million € lost to poor website design.

Basic caching could easily reduce that to a quarter of the load time, there that is
2.7615 million € in revenue added, before we even look at the savings due to churn of adwords spending.
speed test png.png

value.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Show them this post?

Sent an email to the company, yet to find Start conversation the guy's email. (maybe in junk mail)

Would this example work for any company? It is rather expensive to get the data to do an individual example for each company.

Would this add value to you?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't think you are comparing apples to apples. The study was for Amazon and from 10 years ago. Amazon is a retail company selling to consumers surfing around.

This company is not selling B2C. As the CEO of this company, I would ask, am I going to lose a sale of our software due to my website loading .5 seconds slower?

I highly doubt the CEO of the company is going to ask for a redesign based on the logic of this post.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I don't think you are comparing apples to apples
hmm, perhaps this could be my problem with selling?

Are my other things suffering from the same problem?

I from 10 years ago.
Indeed since then the growth of mobile has made loading times and cart abandonment more important.

Amazon is a retail company selling to consumers surfing around.

This company is not selling B2C. As the CEO of this company, I would ask, am I going to lose a sale of our software due to my website loading .5 seconds slower?

Do you think this could work if applied to B2C companies? Would it add value to them? Or am I wasting my time?

I highly doubt the CEO of the company is going to ask for a redesign based on the logic of this post.

Forget redesign, deploy caching proxy in US/Canada central time zone. Boom done.

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
I don't think you are comparing apples to apples.

Agreed. Not a relevant conversation and it seems gimmicky. I am sure this guy has gotten 1,000 emails claiming the same savings. Out of curiosity, what are you planning to charge for this service? A percent of the 'savings' or a flat rate? Or are you looking to take over their web management all together?

Given that this company delivers business intelligence through powerpoint, I am guessing there are a couple pretty analytical people at the top of the ranks. There product is free to try, maybe send them a pitch in powerpoint using their own product? Maybe compare their sight performance to other 'add in' businesses if the results are favorable. Reference this amazon data as a lure that website performance does in fact have some effect on the consumer reaching for their credit card, even though the math probably does not directly apply to their industry.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
It's very difficult to apply a metric like the one you referenced across the board. If I were their CEO, I'd probably laugh your e-mail all the way to the spam folder after reading that you will increase my revenue by over €2.5M just by improving load time by a few milliseconds.

I think you'd be better off if you simply frame the conversation around increasing conversions via a more optimized website and ad campaign. Caching the images would just be a small part of a website re-design. I don't think image caching, in and of itself, is a valuable service.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Agreed. Not a relevant conversation and it seems gimmicky. I am sure this guy has gotten 1,000 emails claiming the same savings.

Hmm gimmickyness never occured to me.
Out of curiosity, what are you planning to charge for this service? A percent of the 'savings' or a flat rate?

No charge planned,this guy has a CTO who could deliver himself.

I'm hoping that spotting that will add value to his company or maybe I will find out why it is irrelevant to his industry,maybe if I'm lucky it will get me some appreciative emails/testimonials from the CEO while showcasing what I can do to help companies.

Any of you who want to do it are free to hire someone to do it for you, just thank me.

I'm unfamilar with % of savings billings,could it seem weird? No idea what a typical % would have been?

Could work as % of savings if I could solve cashflow issue. Otherwise maybe expenses + % of savings.

Perhaps net 90? Borrow from factor and they get results before bill is due.

No plan to take over website, just cache and maybe host video/images.

I did download a copy of their software (and bought MSOffice) when I was trying to get a job there.

Powerpoint presentations are far from my strong suit though,so unsure if it shines through.

Their product runs locally so,it won't be affected it is all about the sales.

I'm unsure how to apply the data as a lure.

I suppose what I could have done was pointed out how much faster their competitor was and how much revenue they are gaining vs how much he is losing.

That's spreadsheet rather than chart though.

If anyone has better ideas of more appropriate companies,let me know. I just need a website address in soke cases (though it helps to know their total revenue if smaller)

Works best on companies targeting a market further from them.

This is a German company and would be worthless for selling to Germans,but works for sellling to USA,because of the transatlantic latency.

Works the other way for US companied selling to Europe too.

Maybe it is yours? Feel free to pm

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
. If I were their CEO, I'd probably laugh your e-mail all the way to the spam.
At least I added laughter to someone's day. Maybe I should try being a comedian again.

I think you'd be better off if you simply frame the conversation around increasing conversions via a more optimized website and ad campaign.
I have no idea how to frame a conversation,nor can I really talk about an ad campaign with authority. In that case I'd probably be better off working on something else.

I think caching(in the order of javascript then video then images) adds $ to the bottom line.

Although perhaps it only applies to b2c,none the less I would spend my biz $ on that before adwords, if I get something going. Perhaps this trick is just part of my USP of something else I offer.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
. I am sure this guy has gotten 1,000 emails claiming the same savings.
huh good, insight. Frequency of emails never occurred to me, someone who gets them less would see rarity value. Who might be interested in cost saving and get emailed less about them?
% of savings is a good keyword has lead me to discover something called cost reduction consultants, they sound very interesting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.