The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 hard disk laptop

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
So I saw this, as a high and common keyword on keyword io tool. So I figured people must be looking for these. While there aare some, they tend to be higher end biz models. I'm also unsure if people want extra space, speed or reliabilty, or something else. Anyway since fe people use the DVD drive nowaday, I knocked up one to see if there was much interest. You slide the 2nd hard drive in and out where the DVD would be located.

Unsure where the best place is to look for feedback, not had much yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 2hdd laptop.png
    2hdd laptop.png
    326.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
There's already an established market of these inserts on Amazon... but you might be able to skew value somewhere :) It's called an HDD Caddy Case for laptops.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
you might be able to skew value somewhere

That is what I was working on. Maybe the value is in the set-up? none of them look like mine, they are all external. I'm on amazon uk though

Server is unable to support file apparently. Looks like This

Could also be a non removable internal drive, then you would be less likley to forget it.

Last edited:

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I don't know if you saw them, but here's these models: Amazon.com: Unilink (TM SATA 2nd HDD HD Hard Drive Caddy Case for 9.5mm Universal Laptop CD/DVD-ROM Optical Bay: Computers & Accessories

I believe the hard drives should be recognized as a standard internal drives, since they're plugged in a regular SATA connector (although probably just SATA 2 connectors on older laptops)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Huh, that is interesting. They are not on Amazon UK. They are the non swappable version though. Mine can be taken out of the laptop and swapped round without screws.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.