• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Notable! What's your lambo? (What are you working for?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by mrarcher, Jan 29, 2016.

1. mrarcher

mrarcher Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,240
    I've put this in off topic as it is more dreamer than progress but thought it would be fun to know peoples reasons for going into business/wanting to make a decent amount of money. MJ spoke about wanting to be the driver of his own lambo. Some want freedom or time with your kids. Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets. That's what keeps my flame burning bright. How about you?

2. Buickestate

Buickestate any colour as long as it comes with wood Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,022
    I'm after the freedom, peace of mind, and the ability to help.

Tobore, NoRedBMW, William and 13 others like this.
  3. mws87

mws87 talk less, listen more. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,057
    I want to be able to, someday, help a lot of people. I don't mean the obvious ways through building a business. I mean being financially well-off enough to donate huge amounts of money, help kids and good causes. Seeing the world and experiencing all that life has to offer would be nice, too. My biggest fear is only experiencing life through one perspective.

Oh, and to never, ever have to set an alarm clock again. That would be nice too.

TheCj, goldstein, Contrarian and 11 others like this.
  4. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $128,683
    I love what I do already. I'd just like to do more of it, and reach/help more people, and meet more people.

I've an itch I haven't scratched, and I therefore keep putting one foot in front of the other, and love each step.

It doesn't even feel like work. It's just a series of habits, like walking or breathing.

Each problem encountered is another opportunity to learn something new, and take another step in my journey.

TL;DR? I don't really have a destination, I just like moving.

A question to ask yourself: "If money was no object, what would you be doing?"

Then realise that money IS no object.

:)

Greg P., 21elnegocio, TheCj and 21 others like this.
  5. jazb

jazb Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,809

you nailed it.... living in the present

6. germandude

germandude Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,503
    I have ADHD so I have to do something. I tried University and all that sitting was a torture for me. I can't not do anything, it's almost painful. I don't do this for the money, I do this to win. Money is just the reward.

Ubermensch and Ian O'Bryant like this.
  7. JustAskBenWhy

JustAskBenWhy Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,167
    I, for one, appreciate your post a lot. I was fortunate to immigrate with my family when I was a child. I count my lucky stars! And I look around, survey the nonsense that is the political landscape in America today, and don't even know what to freaking think...?!

8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $239,059
    Admin Post
    I think some people here in the US really need to give this a good read, particular young kids who think they have it bad. Now they just want everything free.

Anyhow, this is my *new* Lambo I am working for...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Buying with income already earned is not how I roll either, must be new earnings!

Certg, Greg P., Magneto C and 43 others like this.
  9. Buickestate

Buickestate any colour as long as it comes with wood Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,022
    I also have ADHD, I'm also dyslexic, most universities will help you with a variety of learning helpers. In my case I would get bored during lectures and zone out and my note taking would suffer, the solution the university offered me was to hire me a note taker, that helped a lot. My dyslexia was only an issue with multiple choice tests and exams. the solution there was to have the prof or TA's give me the tests or exams orally. Many successful fast laners have ADHD they have learned to work with it and not use it as an excuse.

Nice, these guys are local to me http://logandtimberworks.com/ and they do build nice homes.

10. germandude

germandude Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,503
    No, I did not mean to use it as an excuse, I just wanted to explain what and how I am doing this. When it comes to University, it was just not for me and quite on the contrary, I think that my adhd has helped me a lot in my ventures. It's not an flaw, it's a superpower.

11. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $119,737
    That looks like it's going to be located in a cold weather state!

12. Duane

Duane Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,341
    It's hard to show you a picture of my lambo, it hasn't been created yet :\ but I can show a condensed version from a lab. I wish to one day build a more efficient version of this into a full scale process with my team. These types of solar processes are what I feel is going to be the future in the energy industry. If you were to look a thousand years into the future, the only way we are going to be able to keep up our energy demands is by switching to solar. But solar panels aren't turning out to be as great as we imagined, so we need something a bit more efficient. So this is why I hustle, for a cleaner future (it isn't cheap doing research).

[​IMG]

tpf, MotiveInMotion, mws87 and 16 others like this.
  13. marklov

marklov It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,393
    [​IMG]

Magneto C, TheCj, Ubermensch and 10 others like this.
  14. TTG SS

TTG SS Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,073
    @MJ DeMarco what state is that house in? Are you getting tired of Phoenix, AZ?

15. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $239,059
    Admin Post
    No not getting tired of my sunshine palace, but a few hours from Phoenix there is a change of seasons. Dare I say, snow.

This particular house was just a picture I grabbed from the web to demonstrate what in my eyes, is my new Lambo. ;)

Supa, TTG SS and Buickestate like this.
  16. Get Right

Get Right Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $20,563
    This is just who I am.

I guess I just want to be "better".

17. ryanbleau

ryanbleau Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,555
    Spent time in flagstaff last week and my work days in Kingman all this week. makes me appreciate the weather we have in Havasu. There are a few really nice spots in the Haulapais if your into snow.

18. Rawr

Rawr Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,068
    ownership, and in particular ownership of my own value and effort. Double edged sword, but I put my confidence in myself.

Fenix and Andy Black like this.
  19. Supa

Supa Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,459
    I have a great overall picture of what I want from life, that could be seen as destination, which is pretty much summed up with the 3 Fs (Family, Fitness, Freedom). But I also set big goals in between, and that next bigger goal is my 'lambo' currently.

I want to be able to quit my job. Being able to get up at 2am put on my dressing gown (hope that word is correct, had to translate it..) and work on my business at a time where our main market (USA) is the most active, respond to user emails and messages as quick as possible, and do all the marketing. In other words, do what the f*ck I want to do and therefore getting closer to fullfilling one of the Fs (freedom).

20. Fenix

Fenix Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $449
    My flame, guys, keeps on burning bright because I need enough money, enough power, and enough influence to defeat aging, and age-related diseases not just for me, but for whoever in the world does not want to be old in their lives and die because of that.

"This fellow is crazy!"

No :) Relax, I am not :) Give me just 3 more lines, so I can show you that I'm not, ok? :)

You must know that organizations in different countries of the world, like Google Calico Labs, Humanity Longevity Inc., and the SENS Foundation, to name but a few, are researching and developing biotechnologies that will free us from the diseases we suffer because of aging; and that will rejuvenate us, so that we can live with a young adult's health, look, and brilliance for hundreds.... even thousands of years, if we want to.

I decided to apply MJ's lessons to have the resources to fund this research, and to give whoever wants it, the freedom from the sentence of old age.

That's why my flame keeps on burning bright, guys :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  21. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,431
    The thought of coming to the end of my life and knowing deep down I could have done 'better'. Helped more people, loved more people, made more amazing memories.

“Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” -Unknown

TheCj, Blaise84, Tobore and 11 others like this.
  22. Fenix

Fenix Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $449
    That's deep. Great quote

TheCj likes this.
  23. Bellini

Bellini Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,576

Love it! I have several log home magazines I have kept over the years because of pictures just like this. Always liked the soaring 2 story living rooms.

Some of my other favorite styles are Mediterranean / Tuscan, oceanside of course.

In response to OP question - FREEDOM.

Freedom to never have to answer to a boss again or ask permission to take a day off of work.

To spend time with people I love, travel, and be able to help others

To own my own home and not worry about being kicked out

Become the best person I can be in every way.

Oh, and the exotic car would be a nice bonus ;)

BradD, Andy Black, Bila and 2 others like this.
  24. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $40,925
    Freedom. Family. Friends.

I want to be in a position where I can meet a person + make their life drastically better with minimal effort.

BradD, Contrarian, Andy Black and 3 others like this.
  25. Fox

Fox Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $44,168