The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I've put this in off topic as it is more dreamer than progress but thought it would be fun to know peoples reasons for going into business/wanting to make a decent amount of money. MJ spoke about wanting to be the driver of his own lambo. Some want freedom or time with your kids. Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets. That's what keeps my flame burning bright. How about you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
I want to be able to, someday, help a lot of people. I don't mean the obvious ways through building a business. I mean being financially well-off enough to donate huge amounts of money, help kids and good causes. Seeing the world and experiencing all that life has to offer would be nice, too. My biggest fear is only experiencing life through one perspective.

Oh, and to never, ever have to set an alarm clock again. That would be nice too.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I love what I do already. I'd just like to do more of it, and reach/help more people, and meet more people.

I've an itch I haven't scratched, and I therefore keep putting one foot in front of the other, and love each step.

It doesn't even feel like work. It's just a series of habits, like walking or breathing.

Each problem encountered is another opportunity to learn something new, and take another step in my journey.

In short, I don't really have a destination, I just like moving.

A question to ask yourself: "If money was no object, what would you be doing?"

Then realise that money IS no object.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
I love what I do already. I'd just like to do more of it, and reach/help more people, and meet more people.

I've an itch I haven't scratched, and I therefore keep putting one foot in front of the other, and love each step.

It doesn't even feel like work. It's just a series of habits, like walking or breathing.

Each problem encountered is another opportunity to learn something new, and move another step in my journey.

TL;DR? I don't really have a destination, I just like moving.

A question to ask yourself: "If money was no object, what would you be doing?"

Then realise that money IS no object.

:)

you nailed it.... living in the present

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
I've put this in off topic as it is more dreamer than progress but thought it would be fun to know peoples reasons for going into business/wanting to make a decent amount of money. MJ spoke about wanting to be the driver of his own lambo. Some want freedom or time with your kids. Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets. That's what keeps my flame burning bright. How about you?
I, for one, appreciate your post a lot. I was fortunate to immigrate with my family when I was a child. I count my lucky stars! And I look around, survey the nonsense that is the political landscape in America today, and don't even know what to freaking think...?!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets.

I think some people here in the US really need to give this a good read, particular young kids who think they have it bad. Now they just want everything free.

Anyhow, this is my *new* Lambo I am working for...

luxury_smoky_mountains_cabin1.jpg

Buying with income already earned is not how I roll either, must be new earnings!

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
I have ADHD so I have to do something. I tried University and all that sitting was a torture for me. I can't not do anything, it's almost painful. I don't do this for the money, I do this to win. Money is just the reward.

I also have ADHD, I'm also dyslexic, most universities will help you with a variety of learning helpers. In my case I would get bored during lectures and zone out and my note taking would suffer, the solution the university offered me was to hire me a note taker, that helped a lot. My dyslexia was only an issue with multiple choice tests and exams. the solution there was to have the prof or TA's give me the tests or exams orally. Many successful fast laners have ADHD they have learned to work with it and not use it as an excuse.

Nice, these guys are local to me http://logandtimberworks.com/ and they do build nice homes.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
I also have ADHD, I'm also dyslexic, most universities will help you with a variety of learning helpers. In my case I would get bored during lectures and zone out and my note taking would suffer, the solution the university offered me was to hire me a note taker, that helped a lot. My dyslexia was only an issue with multiple choice tests and exams. the solution there was to have the prof or TA's give me the tests or exams orally. Many successful fast laners have ADHD they have learned to work with it and not use it as an excuse.
No, I did not mean to use it as an excuse, I just wanted to explain what and how I am doing this. When it comes to University, it was just not for me and quite on the contrary, I think that my adhd has helped me a lot in my ventures. It's not an flaw, it's a superpower.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think some people here in the US really need to give this a good read, particular young kids who think they have it bad. Now they just want everything free.

luxury-log-homes-3.jpg

Buying with income already earned is not how I roll either, must be new earnings!

That looks like it's going to be located in a cold weather state!

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
It's hard to show you a picture of my lambo, it hasn't been created yet :\ but I can show a condensed version from a lab. I wish to one day build a more efficient version of this into a full scale process with my team. These types of solar processes are what I feel is going to be the future in the energy industry. If you were to look a thousand years into the future, the only way we are going to be able to keep up our energy demands is by switching to solar. But solar panels aren't turning out to be as great as we imagined, so we need something a bit more efficient. So this is why I hustle, for a cleaner future (it isn't cheap doing research).

DongHyun_fig2.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco what state is that house in? Are you getting tired of Phoenix, AZ?

No not getting tired of my sunshine palace, but a few hours from Phoenix there is a change of seasons. Dare I say, snow.

This particular house was just a picture I grabbed from the web to demonstrate what in my eyes, is my new Lambo. ;)

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
This is just who I am.

I guess I just want to be "better".

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
No not getting tired of my sunshine palace, but a few hours from Phoenix there is a change of seasons. Dare I say, snow.

This particular house was just a picture I grabbed from the web to demonstrate what in my eyes, is my new Lambo. ;)

Spent time in flagstaff last week and my work days in Kingman all this week. makes me appreciate the weather we have in Havasu. There are a few really nice spots in the Haulapais if your into snow.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I have a great overall picture of what I want from life, that could be seen as destination, which is pretty much summed up with the 3 Fs (Family, Fitness, Freedom). But I also set big goals in between, and that next bigger goal is my 'lambo' currently.

I want to be able to quit my job. Being able to get up at 2am put on my dressing gown (hope that word is correct, had to translate it..) and work on my business at a time where our main market (USA) is the most active, respond to user emails and messages as quick as possible, and do all the marketing. In other words, do what the f*ck I want to do and therefore getting closer to fullfilling one of the Fs (freedom).

Fenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 16, 2014

My flame, guys, keeps on burning bright because I need enough money, enough power, and enough influence to defeat aging, and age-related diseases not just for me, but for whoever in the world does not want to be old in their lives and die because of that.

"This fellow is crazy!"

No :) Relax, I am not :) Give me just 3 more lines, so I can show you that I'm not, ok? :)

You must know that organizations in different countries of the world, like Google Calico Labs, Humanity Longevity Inc., and the SENS Foundation, to name but a few, are researching and developing biotechnologies that will free us from the diseases we suffer because of aging; and that will rejuvenate us, so that we can live with a young adult's health, look, and brilliance for hundreds.... even thousands of years, if we want to.

I decided to apply MJ's lessons to have the resources to fund this research, and to give whoever wants it, the freedom from the sentence of old age.

That's why my flame keeps on burning bright, guys :)

Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
The thought of coming to the end of my life and knowing deep down I could have done 'better'. Helped more people, loved more people, made more amazing memories.

“Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” -Unknown

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX

luxury-log-homes-3.jpg

Love it! I have several log home magazines I have kept over the years because of pictures just like this. Always liked the soaring 2 story living rooms.

Some of my other favorite styles are Mediterranean / Tuscan, oceanside of course.

In response to OP question - FREEDOM.

Freedom to never have to answer to a boss again or ask permission to take a day off of work.

To spend time with people I love, travel, and be able to help others

To own my own home and not worry about being kicked out

Become the best person I can be in every way.

Oh, and the exotic car would be a nice bonus ;)

Last edited:

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
It wasn't until I bought a brand new Range Rover last year that I realised that wasn't what my "lambo" was.

Sure I want an Audi R8, or dare say even the real dream McLaren 650S.

But that'll be a byproduct of what I've realised the real dream to be, the real "lambo". And that's quite simple really, financial freedom.

Financial freedom doesn't mean millions, financial freedom isn't "never having to work again" it means enough money coming in each month to pay all the bills and to cover your lifestyle with the ability to do what you want, not what someone else tells you to do. If you have a basic lifestyle then that might not be a lot, if you want a McLaren then it will obviously be a lot more.

I don't want to worry about keeping up the car payments, or credit cards etc. My aim now is to pay everything down, sell the RR and buy a car outright, sure it might not be as nice but I won't have to make re-payments and I can upgrade in the future when I build up more cash. I'll buy another one day when I can afford it outright.

So my lambo is being free from debt and not having to worry if I make enough money to pay for everything each month.

knightsb

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jan 5, 2016
I have you all beat with my lambo dream ;)
Introducing the L-39 Albatros. You can buy one for about 200k USD and they burn about $1,000 an hour in operating costs :) Guess I had better invent the next facebook lol

ShaneZA3.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyChris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 12, 2015
My goal is to make a vlog style youtube channel called BenefitsOfHardWork or something like that. All the content will just be footage from my holidays around the world. I would only upload things like Skiing in the Swiss Alps, Scuba diving, sky diving somewhere exotic etc.

Three main reasons for this goal. Firstly, I'd love to have it all documented somewhere publicly available so I can show mates. Secondly, as a bit of a F*ck you to people who think I'd never make it. Lastly, as a bit of inspiration to those still at the beginning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.