The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Here is something I've had for over a year now and today I realized that it has provided tremendous value for me:

Behold the Neo 120 bidet. Bolts under your existing toilet seat, taps into your existing water line. Install takes less than 10 minutes. It's silently changed the lives of my family.

After spending time in South Korea and Japan, I wanted to have a bidet. Foreign and strange at first, I found that I would emerge from the bathroom feeling like a newborn baby.

It's less than $40.

Oh, and we had ZERO worries about TP supply during COVID. You use drastically less paper.

And if you have any problems with clogs pertaining to flushable wipes, you can rest easy. You aren't spending dumb bucks on those wipes anymore. You can *wipe* that expense off your monthly budget sheet my friend.

My good friend got curious and tried it. He got one less than a week later. And then one of his friends did the same.

Buy one from Amazon. Like today. You're welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

peterb0yd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 30, 2019
Here is something I've had for over a year now and today I realized that it has provided tremendous value for me:

View attachment 33848

Behold the Neo 120 bidet. Bolts under your existing toilet seat, taps into your existing water line. Install takes less than 10 minutes. It's silently changed the lives of my family.

After spending time in South Korea and Japan, I wanted to have a bidet. Foreign and strange at first, I found that I would emerge from the bathroom feeling like a newborn baby.

It's less than $40.

Oh, and we had ZERO worries about TP supply during COVID. You use drastically less paper.

And if you have any problems with clogs pertaining to flushable wipes, you can rest easy. You aren't spending dumb bucks on those wipes anymore. You can wipe that expense off your monthly budget sheet my friend.

My good friend got curious and tried it. He got one less than a week later. And then one of his friends did the same.

Yes! This thing is awesome. I installed mine a few months ago and I feel like everyone everywhere should have them.

The only downside is the perception of how much worse off toilets are that don't have them. It's such a bummer to have to go back to regular wiping after you get used to it.

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
Was a Kindle Daily Deal for me :)

tmf_price_alert.PNG

Hands down the best $2.40 I ever spent!!

tmf_receipt.PNG

I feel like I'd be obliged to write a "How I turned $2.4 into $2.4 million" when I get there now ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

View attachment 33848

It's less than $40.

And if you have any problems with clogs pertaining to flushable wipes, you can rest easy. You aren't spending dumb bucks on those wipes anymore. You can wipe that expense off your monthly budget sheet my friend.

Yup, these are awesome, had mine for a year now and I'm not sure how I managed without them. :jawdrop:

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
1) Without a doubt the 6 month software developer course I took in 1999. With a job guarantee when getting a grade average of over 85. Launched my career where I have made all my lifelong income.
2) My refrigerator that I have had for 20 years.
3) Old car that I had for 14 years.
4) Desk I have had for 20 years.
5) Books unscripted and the complete enneagram.
6) Book on lowering blood pressure.
7) Current (refurbished) laptop which I have had for 8 years.
8) My own app that I use each day to keep a gratitude journal.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Just recently bought some bluetooth earbuds for $32.99 off Amazon. Makes workouts much more enjoyable with no wires, I've been consuming a lot more podcasts on my bike rides, and doubles as a bluetooth headset for your cellphone. Price is also right!

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Just recently bought some bluetooth earbuds for $32.99 off Amazon. Makes workouts much more enjoyable with no wires, I've been consuming a lot more podcasts on my bike rides, and doubles as a bluetooth headset for your cellphone. Price is also right!
I also got a pair of bluetooth earbuds last year. I got mine from AliExpress for 20 euros. They're great. Normally I'd spent more than 20 euros a year on replacing my headphone cables that keep on breaking.
I was very much sceptical of the whole idea (I would lose them, I would forget to charge them, etc.), but I'm 100% never going back to regular headphones/earbuds.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Yes! This thing is awesome. I installed mine a few months ago and I feel like everyone everywhere should have them.

The only downside is the perception of how much worse off toilets are that don't have them. It's such a bummer to have to go back to regular wiping after you get used to it.
EXACTLY!
Now going somewhere without a bidet is downright barbaric.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Yeah it's really mystical to me how people live without a bidet. Every house has one in Italy, and then you visit France which is right next to us and they are a rare sight (or at least they were 10 years ago).

Best value purchase? Hands down my internet subscription, nothing can top it at the moment. The second best value purchase has to be my old PC which still works after like 6 years of almost daily use, and that earned me my first money.

As for smaller items, I think my best purchase has to be my electric shaver.

Last edited:

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
For me was Kindle. I can read a lot of books that cannot find in Argentina. I can access a lot of knowledge from a tiny device. One of my dream is to have a library in my home some day, with all the walls full of books, but in the meantime I can read and get a lot of value from my e-book reader.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
"Unscripted ", "TMF ", "10X Rule", "Think and Grow Rich" and a home-gym.
Strengthen both your mind and your physique.

Can't think of anything else right now lol

At the end of the day, the value lies in the things that help you reach your goals.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now that I'm hooked and used it for a full year...

Love my Nespresso machine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZCQBY4/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

M-0429-VertuoLine-Evoluo-Deluxe-Graphite-Metal-PDP-Background-TQ.jpg

I can't imagine going back to a coffee maker...

D

Deleted78083

I bought a laptop lenovo (model G50-70) core-i3 full HD 1To in September 2014 for...395€. I have bought countless plane tickets with it, played games, watched probably about 400 movies, edited my short movies, took it to class to write lessons and summaries, conducted Skype meetings and even read one book cover to cover. I have taken it to several countries too. It never let me down. Yet now, after 6 years of loyal services...it's time to retire it as I'm losing too much time waiting for it to load.

It's arguably one of the best things I've ever bought. And it's still running well (except for the battery which lasts about 90 minutes compared to 8h at the beginning).

MattWorks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 8, 2020
Vancouver
$20 on Feeling Good by David Burns (Sorry MJ)

The book transformed my life by identifying my cognitive distortions that were fundamentally wrong.

Anyone going through a personal struggle with depression or anxiety I highly recommend the book!

Sid781

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 14, 2020
USA

I received

I received one of these as a gift two weeks ago, and I absolutely love it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
+1 on the Monthly Audible subscription

Going to 2X this ... just voiced this yesterday, the best $15/mo I've spent -- it is now my preferred medium, before going to bed, in the car, in the sauna, at the pool....

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Going to 2X this ... just voiced this yesterday, the best $15/mo I've spent -- it is now my preferred medium, before going to bed, in the car, in the sauna, at the pool....

Without audible, life would feel so empty ;):rofl::rofl:

Listening to Audiobooks, the most valuable habit I ever gained. Best value easily an audible subscription. Wouldn't be here without it...

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I just got one of these. So far I only have 1 book on it... Yours lol TMF
:cool:
The first time I read it, I was nearing the end of my last college semester with no business. Now I'm going through it a second time as a business owner and it's still so valuable.

Thank you again for the contribution.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
My BNI membership. $1,048 for 2 years. I made my investment back in the first month. Pivotal business move.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Have gone 2 months no caffeine, 2 months of NoFap, plus 6 weeks without alcohol and even though this was free, it was actually the best thing Ive done all year. Better than all of the top 3 combined —

Am pretty positive in general but before taking the challenge, basically wanted to punch my MIL in the face every time I saw her. After taking the challenge, I actually started liking her. Plus I feel lighter and happier. Currently taking it a step farther with Will Bowens 21 day no complaining challenge (who is also from MO)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Have gone 2 months no caffeine, 2 months of NoFap, plus 6 weeks without alcohol and even though this was free, it was actually the best thing Ive done all year. Better than all of the top 3 combined —

Am pretty positive in general but before taking the challenge, basically wanted to punch my MIL in the face every time I saw her. After taking the challenge, I actually started liking her. Plus I feel lighter and happier. Currently taking it a step farther with Will Bowens 21 day no complaining challenge (who is also from MO)
I just want to punch everyone in the face... I think it's my turn lmao.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
YouTube Premium. For $15.99 a month, no ads on my phone and my Roku, plus I can play YouTube in the background without it being locked? Take my money! :)
Bonus: stop those annoying constant prompts to "try premium"...jeez

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
YouTube Premium. For $15.99 a month, no ads on my phone and my Roku, plus I can play YouTube in the background without it being locked? Take my money! :)
When they moved Cobra Kai to Netflix, I decided to save a buck and go back to free. Lasted 2 days! I do wish they had more original shows. I got stuck in Infinite Bad Guy the other day, so fun. I did DIY 'Infinite Umbrella' a decade ago with Rihanna's song then similar with Gangnam Style with a friend a few years later.
Signed,
Quite Easily Amused

D

Deleted68316

1) I bought a $1100 course on working out that got me a workout program, coach support, daily lessons, and access to a community that I can ask questions in. It was SO hard to fork over the cash, but holy crap it changed my life. I gained 22lbs of muscle in a year and my brain just... worked better.
The problem with gaining muscles, as far as I know, is the amount of proteins required to eat on a daily basis. I find it not natural to eat 100/150 grams or more of proteins every single day (it should be 3.5/5 oz a day).

What do you think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted68316

My 3rd best value was in abandoning social skills/personality in pursuit of competence, work ethic, and most importantly good habits. Slow laners LOVE small talk and I'm about a decade ahead of everyone I work with because small talk is part of the "office" culture that mainstream media has force-fed everyone.
It sounds like something I may need.

Could you please delve a little bit into it?

D

Deleted68316

Hi @Lex DeVille

I broke my ankle several times while playing basketball.

The same doctor that did surgery on the ACL of my broken knee 15 years ago, recommended me the following tool, to be sued 2/3 times a day for about 3 minutes per ankle (so to be used with one foot at a time):
1608412545331.png

It worked for me. Even if, talking about ankles, it's difficult to fix them forever. Look at Stephen Carry, he brakes them very often.

Another thing that unfortunately I haven't done yet, is tailored size soles (I stupidly thought it was not worth the price of about $200 to fix my body ). Always the same doctor as above recommended it to me. I don't know in the USA where they do it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
The problem with gaining muscles, as far as I know, is the amount of proteins required to eat on a daily basis. I find it not natural to eat 100/150 grams or more of proteins every single day (it should be 3.5/5 oz a day).

What do you think about it?

Getting protein was the easiest part about it. 30g at every meal (palm-sized amount of chicken/fish, or 3-4 eggs) and you're already at 90g. 0.75 g/lb of current lean bodyweight is all that's recommended.

If gaining muscle is your goal, don't look for problems why it'll be hard. Eating protein was the least of my difficulties.

good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.