The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
These things seem to clean ANYTHING.

These things are basically just slightly more durable forms of melamine foam but work 100% exactly the same for cleaning.

Mr clean costs like 10 bucks for an 8 pack.

Melamine foam is 10 bucks for, literally, 100 of them: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZB2HOQ/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Now, I'm sure most of us don't need 100 bricks of slightly less durable cleaning erasers, but it's a good demonstration of how a company added value to a cheap product (just over free, really...). They saw that melamine cleaned well but didn't hold up all that great, added some durability to the things, and charged 10x more for them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
aeropress-coffee-maker.jpg

an Aeropress ($20ish), a decent coffee grinder ($100ish to whatever you feel like spending), and an electric kettle ($20ish - I didn't even realize these existed until I moved out of the country but great for making a quick cup of coffee or tea.) - If you like coffee and normally drink preground stuff from a normal coffee maker, this will turn you into coffee lover. Grind/brew 1 cup at a time, as strong as you'd like, cleans up in maybe 10 seconds. I'll take this even over very high-end automatic machines. They had them at a couple of my jobs, and they got really nasty on the inside and were always breaking.

An overseas job - for those of us who still need the day job, go find one on a different continent. If you've never lived outside of your home country before, it's literally the best thing you'll ever get paid to do, even if the job is shitty.

Giant bottles of multivitamins/vitamin C/vitamin D/potassium/magnesium. Not going to derail the thread debating the usefulness of these, but I'm pretty happy with my health considering the dumpsterfire of unhealthy shit that I've put my body through over the years.

Oh also, $90 is a bargain to join the trackball master race!
mbank264676_w1400_h1400.jpg
22884x.jpg

And finally, the thing people need without realizing they need... a cheap vps/dedi to use as a backup server/remote computer (few bucks per year to as much as you'd like to spend). If you want your stuff really backed up, you need a local and a remote backup. If your house catches fire, your external backup drive isn't going to help. There are plenty of online services that are fine if you're just backing up docs, but if you're trying to backup a significant amount of stuff (lots of pictures for instance, or your entire hard drive), then having your own remote computer is really the way to go. Note that if you're using/considering anything for this, make sure to read the fine print. I checked into some of the popular "backup services" before my last international move for dumping a couple of harddrives to, and they're basically all scams. Check their fine print. After a surprisingly small amount of transfer, they throttle you hard. I forget the numbers, but for a full recovery of a 2tb disk, it would literally take multiple months. They clearly don't intend their services to be used for that, even though they market them as if it were a viable option. They're probably fine for docs, but if you're just worried about docs, then a free Dropbox account is probably fine. Backing up entire disks seems less common these days, but it's nice know that, in theory, I could be up and working again tomorrow, exactly where I left off, but on a new computer, in case my laptop falls in the ocean or whatever.

For significant backups, there are some cloud options that could work, but they're usually much more pricey than an equivalent budget vps/dedi without the added benefit of being an always on/accessible computer that you can run stuff on. Remote in on your phone and do something that needs a real computer without having to lug around a laptop (or just in case your laptop falls in the ocean). Remote in (or tunnel) if you need a secure US ip while abroad, or vice versa. Be able to leverage a datacenter internet connection if needed, host your own sites with full control, etc. etc.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I ditched my mouse for this many years ago, never looked back...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043T7FXE/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

81V9jp0LuuL._SL1500_.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Melamine foam is 10 bucks for, literally, 100 of them: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZB2HOQ/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Now, I'm sure most of us don't need 100 bricks of slightly less durable cleaning erasers, but it's a good demonstration of how a company added value to a cheap product (just over free, really...). They saw that melamine cleaned well but didn't hold up all that great, added some durability to the things, and charged 10x more for them.

Featured, +Max Rep! Great backstory.

Readerly

Yes and
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Sep 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
These things are basically just slightly more durable forms of melamine foam but work 100% exactly the same for cleaning.

It's also an example of how powerful great branding can be.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I deal with seasonal depression and this is my feel good cocktail combination.

It not only makes me feel good, but it helps me think more clearly and be more effective when working. It also increase my nutrition for fitness and general body health.

Some of you may say yuck to the fish oil, but it taste like lemony olive oil rather than fish. Liquid is supposedly better than capsules...

I've been doing this combination for a while and I get the same feeling I got when I took happy pills back in college.

51oU9NdAtqL._AC_US200_.jpg

1595404_01

upload_2018-1-6_13-9-32.jpeg (5,000)
51LX9ezWDHL._AC_US200_.jpg

upload_2018-1-6_13-10-49.jpeg

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Some of you may say yuck to the fish oil, but it taste like lemony olive oil rather than fish. Liquid is supposedly better than capsules...

I'll second that fish oil.
The pills were nasty and I burped up a cod-like smell. Taking a spoonful of the liquid is a pleasant experience, as it genuinely tastes good. But I'm also the guy that enjoys the taste of a big roll of Ikura...

I also do 5000IU of D daily and have for a decade. It removes almost all of my seasonal depression. There was an article recently that all of the research the recommends RDA to the level it is at (significantly less than 1000IU) was based on a statistically flawed paper. It's been wrong for decades.

For a while, I took a Zinc, Magnesium, B6 pill right before bed (ZMA). It gave me improved workout recovery.

However, I have to avoid Zinc supplements anywhere near my bedtime now. If I take it, I get terrible night terrors and disrupted sleep 2/3s of the time. It used to knock me out easily from the magnesium, but I'm hypersensitive to zinc now.

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
I was pretty excited about this but I looked it up and it turns out it isn't free from aluminium. Quite the contrary actually, they are free from aluminum chlorohydrate but use potassium alum which is the potassium double sulfate of aluminum. The claim is that those crystals are too big to enter the pores on the skin. I can't say whether that is true or not but minor cuts on the skin for example from shaving would definitely make it possible.
Apparently the alum concentrations go up to 20-30% compared to ca 7% in classical deodorants (in Germany).
Since there are deodorants completely free of aluminum I'd probably stick with those unless someone knows more about the toxicological profile of potassium alum or how the "to big to enter" claim holds up.

Well, its an interesting point and I thoroughly investigated this after your post. To my eyes most of the hoopla about potassium alum salt stems from overly vocal voices that are concerned with greenwashing. To be clear, I've been using this rock daily from the early 90's and nothing has changed with it (not even the packaging), so this product precedes any of this debate. But an important distinction is that regular "deodorants" are actually antiperspirants. Their main chemicals (aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum chloride, aluminum hydroxybromide, or aluminum zirconium) work by being absorbed into the skin and blocking the natural sweating process of the pores. (hey great idea, block the natural cooling mechanism!) With those typical products there is no question that aluminum is actually getting absorbed into the skin, that's how they are intended to work. That's not factoring in the perfumes, dyes and whatever else they're made from which no doubt varies per brand. But with this potassium alum salt, not only are the molecules (supposedly) much bigger, but because your pores continue to sweat there's a natural rejection of bodily fluids. For cuts and scrapes, this type of salt is actually an antiseptic used for exactly that purpose, as well as for internal hemorrhoid treatment. So I'm not too concerned with the toxicity of potassium alum salt specifically. Its also used in food preparation as well as in water treatment, but I guess you've got to form your own conclusion. I'm always open to be convinced otherwise with a compelling argument.

In a world full of risks, the most dangerous thing we face is probably the simple overabundance of food!

Last edited:

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
Well, its an interesting point and I thoroughly investigated this after your post. To my eyes most of the hoopla about potassium alum salt stems from overly vocal voices that are concerned with greenwashing. To be clear, I've been using this rock daily from the early 90's and nothing has changed with it (not even the packaging), so this product precedes any of this debate. But an important distinction is that regular "deodorants" are actually antiperspirants. Their main chemicals (aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum chloride, aluminum hydroxybromide, or aluminum zirconium) work by being absorbed into the skin and blocking the natural sweating process of the pores. (hey great idea, block the natural cooling mechanism!) With those typical products there is no question that aluminum is actually getting absorbed into the skin, that's how they are intended to work. That's not factoring in the perfumes, dyes and whatever else they're made from which no doubt varies per brand. But with this potassium alum salt, not only are the molecules (supposedly) much bigger, but because your pores continue to sweat there's a natural rejection of bodily fluids. For cuts and scrapes, this type of salt is actually an antiseptic used for exactly that purpose, as well as for internal hemorrhoid treatment. So I'm not too concerned with the toxicity of potassium alum salt specifically. Its also used in food preparation as well as in water treatment, but I guess you've got to form your own conclusion. I'm always open to be convinced otherwise with a compelling argument.

In a world full of risks, the most dangerous thing we face is probably the simple overabundance of food!

Apparently, the potassium alum doesn't stay as potassium alum but dissolves into ionic aluminum once it gets in contact with water.

I found a nice article regarding the topic Chemical of the Day - Most Controversial - Confirmed: Aluminum in Crystal Deodorants IS Absorbed
The full study she's referencing The effect of aluminum ions and sorbitol on collagen and skin: A thermally stimulated current spectroscopy study is unfortunately behind a paywall, but the conclusion can still be read in the abstract.

It seems like aluminum ions have a stabilizing effect on collagen (closing the pores, like traditional antiperspirants). In addition, they are the smallest form of aluminum which would lead me to believe that they do get absorbed into the body.

The part about them being used as antiseptics is really interesting. It doesn't seem to be one of the most commonly used antiseptics but Aluminum triacetate is approved by the American FDA.
My assumption would be that the prevention of an infection outweighs or potentially outweighs the long-term risk of the heavy metal compounds.
According to the FDA it is only meant for external use "For temporary relief of minor skin irritations" CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21

Since the period of usage is relatively short and the area of application will usually have fewer pores than the armpits the absorbed amount should be minuscule compared to the life-long usage of antiperspirants.

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
Apparently, the potassium alum doesn't stay as potassium alum but dissolves into ionic aluminum once it gets in contact with water.

I found a nice article regarding the topic Chemical of the Day - Most Controversial - Confirmed: Aluminum in Crystal Deodorants IS Absorbed
The full study she's referencing The effect of aluminum ions and sorbitol on collagen and skin: A thermally stimulated current spectroscopy study is unfortunately behind a paywall, but the conclusion can still be read in the abstract.

It seems like aluminum ions have a stabilizing effect on collagen (closing the pores, like traditional antiperspirants). In addition, they are the smallest form of aluminum which would lead me to believe that they do get absorbed into the body.

The part about them being used as antiseptics is really interesting. It doesn't seem to be one of the most commonly used antiseptics but Aluminum triacetate is approved by the American FDA.
My assumption would be that the prevention of an infection outweighs or potentially outweighs the long-term risk of the heavy metal compounds.
According to the FDA it is only meant for external use "For temporary relief of minor skin irritations" CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21

Since the period of usage is relatively short and the area of application will usually have fewer pores than the armpits the absorbed amount should be minuscule compared to the life-long usage of antiperspirants.
Well I hate to clog up the forum with this stuff (going back and forth), but you've presented some pretty good articles there. The Chemical of the Day site seems very rational and balanced in its approach. The other article about this on the site is a better summary: Chemical of the Day - Most Controversial - Aluminum in Crystal Deodorant Stones. I still believe that's a FAR better alternative than existing deodorants, but it does alter my value proposition somewhat. At least it might demote it from 'greatest value' to decent value. There doesn't seem to be a direct link to external skin use and aluminum buildup in the body. Nor is there solid evidence of a specific amount of accumulated aluminum in the body causing disease. However, there are some correlations and warning signs. I don't think the manufacturer is deceptive in any way because they'e been around for decades, I think its just an issue of the research catching up with the reality. Good find.

The question now: is there an effective substance that could accomplish the same thing in a safer way? A possible OPPORTUNITY to improve this?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Groceries continue to be a pretty good value for me.

Depends on what those groceries are... processed "long shelf life" food might seem like a good value, but in the end it will cost you dearly in energy, productivity, and health care costs.

Type-2 diabetes starts with cheaply processed engineered food often found on the interior of grocery stores. Cheap and yes, seemingly valuable, but ultimately expensive.

flybynight

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 25, 2008
Denver
Well I hate to clog up the forum with this stuff (going back and forth), but you've presented some pretty good articles there. The Chemical of the Day site seems very rational and balanced in its approach. The other article about this on the site is a better summary: Chemical of the Day - Most Controversial - Aluminum in Crystal Deodorant Stones. I still believe that's a FAR better alternative than existing deodorants, but it does alter my value proposition somewhat. At least it might demote it from 'greatest value' to decent value. There doesn't seem to be a direct link to external skin use and aluminum buildup in the body. Nor is there solid evidence of a specific amount of accumulated aluminum in the body causing disease. However, there are some correlations and warning signs. I don't think the manufacturer is deceptive in any way because they'e been around for decades, I think its just an issue of the research catching up with the reality. Good find.

The question now: is there an effective substance that could accomplish the same thing in a safer way? A possible OPPORTUNITY to improve this?
I've found that Primal Pit Paste works better. I've used the crystal deodorant in the past but in hot/humid weather I had to reapply every 4-6 hours. Primal Pit Paste works all day for me, I've only used the unscented and haven't tried any others. The ingredients are as follows:

Shea butter
Non-aluminum baking soda
Coconut oil
Beeswax
Arrowroot powder
Vitamin E(from sunflowers)

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
I've found that Primal Pit Paste works better.
Interesting seeing this deodorant discussion. One of my flying mentors used to sell x-ray equipment and he talked about how you could literally see the aluminum in peoples armpits from deodorant. They reccomended those salt stone ones, but they didn't seem to work that well for me. I've just been using what I can find in the grocery store thats aluminum free, Toms of Maine, Arm and Hammer, but this sounds much better. She seems to have a great little business as well. Thanks for sharing.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Interesting seeing this deodorant discussion.

Something I'm amazed that nobody posted yet, is that you should figure out if you even NEED deodorant in the first place.

Diet and genetics can play a pretty significant role in not only how much you sweat but how you smell when you do sweat.

If you don't sweat all that much, and don't smell offensive when you do sweat, you can probably get away without using the stuff in the first place in most situations.

Of course you can't trust your own nose for this - you really need to ask someone you trust to "give it to you straight".

And of course common sense applies - if you'll be out in the sun all damn day or get active without the opportunity to shower/change, all bets are off :p

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
#2: WeatherTech floor mats for my car.

Thanks for the heads up on these! I always see their ads in magazines but never thought much about it. The rubber mats in my Acura are just destroyed and I need new ones. Gonna order some up right now! This winter has been nuts for weather. It is nasty out.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I keep going back and forth on this.

I really think I should pull the trigger. Part of me LOVES physical books. The look, the feel, the act of reading them, etc... but the other part of me knows I should just worry about the knowledge, not the format. And e-books are cheaper, and searchable.

I think I know what's going on my Christmas list.

Not sure if you ended up getting a Kindle or not. This thing changed my life!! This is the item that has had the biggest impact for the value that I can think of.

I am a huge fan of paper books. I love the feel, the smell, the texture, the weight of them. I was so against getting an eReader for the longest time. I used to work in a Northern location that required my to fly-in-fly-out every week. I would always bring a book with me to read on my shift. One flight was delayed so badly that I ended up finishing my book before I even got on the flight. I was stuck for both flights, plus my entire shift, with no book!

That was the breaking point. I got myself a Kindle and now I am addicted to the thing. I can get a book anytime I want, from almost anywhere I am. I always have about 3 books queued up and ready to go. I never want to be stuck in a situation like that again! Books also seem cheaper on it than they are in paper format which is always a plus. There are also a lot of older autobiographies that are 100% free on them (I HIGHLY recommend the autobiography of Andrew Carnegie)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if you ended up getting a Kindle or not. This thing changed my life!! This is the item that has had the biggest impact for the value that I can think of.

Funny you posted this, tomorrow is the day I get one:

upload_2018-1-10_14-21-30.png

:)

I debated getting a more advanced/fancier version like the Oasis or whatever but everyone raves about the Paperwhite and some people have battery issues with the Oasis so I figure it's the safest bet for my first reader.

Tri Pham

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Nov 7, 2017
San Jose, California
Men Ultra Stretch, Fast Dry Pants.

Formal enough for business occasions but comfortable enough to do sports. Overnight dry so I wash it everyday. Greatly reduces the pressure on my lower back.

Cannot believe it's on special and only costs 14.90 in the US now. I paid 50 AUD in Sydney!

MEN ULTRA STRETCH DRY EX PANTS

View attachment 17079

Thanks for the recommendation brotha, these cost only $9.90 now at your local Uniqlo Store. These are like dress pant slacks with sweat pant comfort 10/10 would recommend. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Isn't this an apples to oranges comparison? I thought scrub daddy was primarily for dishes?

No, because in fact, that was my trial. A pan I was cleaning wouldn't clean with the Scrub Daddy no matter how hard I scrubbed. Was gonna toss the pan away. In a last ditch effort, the Magic Eraser did it in seconds.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Something I'm amazed that nobody posted yet, is that you should figure out if you even NEED deodorant in the first place.

Diet and genetics can play a pretty significant role in not only how much you sweat but how you smell when you do sweat.

If you don't sweat all that much, and don't smell offensive when you do sweat, you can probably get away without using the stuff in the first place in most situations.

Of course you can't trust your own nose for this - you really need to ask someone you trust to "give it to you straight".

And of course common sense applies - if you'll be out in the sun all damn day or get active without the opportunity to shower/change, all bets are off :p

LOL, I never use deodorant. I didn't even know what it was until high school when I saw other kids rolling stuff into their armpits. I started using it because I thought that's what everyone does. But then stopped in college. I haven't used any in 20 years and I still have friends. :)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Funny you posted this, tomorrow is the day I get one:

View attachment 17467

:)

I debated getting a more advanced/fancier version like the Oasis or whatever but everyone raves about the Paperwhite and some people have battery issues with the Oasis so I figure it's the safest bet for my first reader.

Did you buy it? I have a Paperwhite. I never use it. Spot me a $20 at the Summit, it's yours.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
The paperwhite is fantastic when reading other languages.

If you run into a word you don't understand, and have the right foreign language library installed, you can tap on it and get a definition in English.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Did you buy it? I have a Paperwhite. I never use it. Spot me a $20 at the Summit, it's yours.
If he doesn't take you up on that offer I will! I've been using my cell phone with the kindle app and have an actual kindle that I bought in 2010, which I haven't used. I love the kindle, it just makes things so simple.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
I've seen a few people mention these already, but jumping on the bandwagon here:

1) I bought a $1100 course on working out that got me a workout program, coach support, daily lessons, and access to a community that I can ask questions in. It was SO hard to fork over the cash, but holy crap it changed my life. I gained 22lbs of muscle in a year and my brain just... worked better.

2) Related to #1: Vitamix blender. Magic bullet can suck it. I was making 3 shakes a day so I needed some pro shit.

3) BTC and ETH :smuggy:

4) Kindle. I still use a Kindle DX with a 9.7" screen and I'm never replacing that thing until Amazon releases a kindle with a big screen again. I never thought I'd use it much, but I've never read so much in my life. It's really changed my daily routine. I like holding a book in my hands and making notes in the margins, but you can't deny the convenience. It's one of those things that if it broke right now, my life would stop until I found another one to replace it with.

EDIT:
PS If you're curious about the workout in #1, it was Scrawny to Brawny from the precisionnutrition.com. They don't offer the program anymore, so don't bother trying to find it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Is it the 3rd gen one? Looks like it came out after June 30, 2015.

If so, I will absolutely take that offer :D

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Is it the 3rd gen one? Looks like it came out after June 30, 2015.

If so, I will absolutely take that offer :D

Just looked. I bought it in 2015. But, it is a Paperwhite 2, serial number 9017.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.