The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Just looked. I bought it in 2015. But, it is a Paperwhite 2, serial number 9017.

Thanks for looking that up!

I'm going to pick up the 3rd gen version today as that was the one I had my eyes on though. Also means I can use it on the plane trip down to the event :D

I'm 100% positive someone else will pick it up from you though :)

REP+ For the offer - it was/is super generous. I'm just admittedly unreasonably picky when it comes to stuff like this :)

Can't wait to meet you at the event.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Thanks for looking that up!

I'm going to pick up the 3rd gen version today as that was the one I had my eyes on though. Also means I can use it on the plane trip down to the event :D

I'm 100% positive someone else will pick it up from you though :)

REP+ For the offer - it was/is super generous. I'm just admittedly unreasonably picky when it comes to stuff like this :)

Can't wait to meet you at the event.

No problem. @Dunkafelics is next in line.

It's only a month away until the SUMMIT! :D

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Bose QuietComfort 20 Wireless Earbuds. The sound of silence is priceless on Airplanes or a noisy cafe. I always said I would buy another pair, immediately, if I lost these. Unfortunately, I left mine on an overseas flight and wasn't able to recover them.

Just bought again today. Sigh. Get 'em! Anyone who tries them buys a pair after.

IPBsGV4.jpg

J.Sark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 21, 2017
Spain
If I had to choose, I would choose my Kindle as well. I still remember when I was moving from place to place on a weekly basis and my backpack had always 3 or 4 thick books inside.

This is just the best travel companion imaginable.

Although if I really had to make a choice between my Kindle and my pull-up bar, I would be in serious trouble...

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well after finishing a book in 1 day (132 pages, so a short book), I can totally see the appeal of the Kindle now.

Never understood why anyone would get one when Smart Phones are so prevalent but now I totally get it.

Firstly, it doesn't strain my eyes. It's VERY easy to read in any light level. The frontlight on a kindle is worlds better for reading than the backlight on a smartphone.

Also, this thing is so much easier to pick up than a physical book. I never really considered picking up a book "hard" before, but I also would NEVER pick up a book if I didn't have dedicated time to pick it up for. It could be literally right next to me but the desire to pick it up and read 3 pages wasn't there. On the kindle it has that same "easy access" as a smartphone. Wife runs to the store with the kids and I can just pick it up, be exactly where I left off, read 10 pages, put it down, and not feel upset at having to stop. No trying to figure out what page I was on, what part of the page I was in, worry about closing the book without a bookmark, etc...

The "time left in chapter" is also a super nice touch. It's no different from just flipping ahead in a book and seeing what's left but having it there and available at all times is just... nice. Same with the progress % through the book. It's a nice touch.

I can't accurately describe it but there's a certain "Je ne sais quoi" about this device that just makes it ultra easy to pick up.

Maybe this is all just "new device excitement" and I'm in the honeymoon phase of a new "thing" in my life but so far I'm totally sold on it. If it wasn't for this thread I never would have considered getting one :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sigh. Get 'em! Anyone who tries them buys a pair after.

How are the ear buds? I've never had an ear bud fit in my ears snuggly. Any movement (especially at the gym) and they fall out. I have to look like an idiot with the huge Beats headphones.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
How are the ear buds? I've never had an ear bud fit in my ears snuggly. Any movement (especially at the gym) and they fall out. I have to look like an idiot with the huge Beats headphones.
I like the airpods a lot for the gym. I sweat a lot and they still never move out of place. Sound quality is good too. Made my life so much easier in the gym.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
From what I understand about most gyms, shouldn't you just put your music on it's loudest setting, turn the speakerphone on, and proceed to curl in the squat rack?

:)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Depends on what those groceries are... processed "long shelf life" food might seem like a good value, but in the end it will cost you dearly in energy, productivity, and health care costs.

Type-2 diabetes starts with cheaply processed engineered food often found on the interior of grocery stores. Cheap and yes, seemingly valuable, but ultimately expensive.

Maybe my favorite thing about being on the fastlane, is getting to shop by ingredient labels (finding what's healthiest for me), and not having to worry about the price tag.

I haven't had to look at the price of food in like a year, and I've never felt better.

RodeoFive

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 16, 2018
Pennsylvania
Maybe this is all just "new device excitement" and I'm in the honeymoon phase of a new "thing" in my life but so far I'm totally sold on it. If it wasn't for this thread I never would have considered getting one :)

Nope, you described your love of the PaperWhite accurately! I've had mine for a few years and still feel the same as you've described. Enjoy!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I haven't had to look at the price of food in like a year, and I've never felt better.

Yes, that and having no alarm clock to wake up to is one of life's greatest treasures. And they both don't cost a ton of money.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com

I used to be the same way. Any earbuds used to hurt my ears after 30 mins of use or simply fall out. I think my ears must be smaller than average. However, I picked up a pair of these bad boys and haven't looked back. They fit snug and comfortable. Sounds quality is good too.

upload_2018-1-19_10-36-47.png

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

Haha - never been a fan of Beats. I have some larger Oppo PM-3s I use when I'm a at desk that sound magnificent, but aren't noise canceling.

The Bose QC20 earbuds come with three sets of rubber caps for different size ears: large medium and small. I found an excellent fit with the small, although the medium works as well.

I also had to get a replacement ear cap with my last set because I broke the rubber cap installing it incorrectly. Bose was super nice and sent me out a free replacement asap.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins
Picked it up at Goodwill for $3 while I was buying sales books. Has helped me understand myself and those around me at a whole new level.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Yes, that and having no alarm clock to wake up to is one of life's greatest treasures. And they both don't cost a ton of money.

I can't remember the last time I set an alarm.

I do remember the way it felt to want to kill myself every morning at the sound of the buzzer though!

Midas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 10, 2016
I resisted the bluetooth earpiece for a decade because I didn't want to look like a Star Wars character. Now that I'm cycling 100 miles per week I needed a way to take calls while on my bike. This is the best device I've ever purchased. I can listen to music and screen calls since it audiables the phone number of the incoming call. I accidentally left it at home the other day. No bueno

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y3VW9RQ/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

goldstein

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 31, 2017
The best value that I paid for was made quite recently . It was business related. I paid 700$ for a detailed memorandum from a lawyer that was specialized in the industry that im currently investigating.That 700$ probably saved me close to 6 months, if not more, of tedious research. Plus the precision I got from this was outstanding. It gave me a better understanding of which direction I needed to take in order to cross the next milestone of my journey .

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Aside from that, Bose QuietComfort 35 noise cancelling headphones. Using them nearly all day while working, reading and some entertainment. Allows me to get deep focus.

Just bought this based on your post, amazing product.

Before, I used normal earphones in the gym which I needed to crank up to the max to hear my music above the loud fitness music and bragging beta dudes.

Now I can even listen to podcasts. Great value!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Ooops, you might want to consider returning them :p. I just got new ones because the foam ear pads on the Bose QC35 disintegrated after about a year of use.. Expected a bit more usage for the price. Will probably send them to Bose though, maybe they'll replace the part. They did the same with the older model I had before the QC35. I now have the Sony WH1000XM2. Even better noise cancelling, more comfortable and longer battery life.

I don't use the big ones in the gym though, too sweaty with the over-ear style.. Have the Bose QuietControl 30 in-ear for that. Noise cancelling is just as good as the big ones, but personally I can't wear them for longer time because my ears start to hurt because of their form. Perfect for the gym though. Although the "round the neck" battery or whatever it is could be improved.. Maybe I'll go back to the previous non-wireless QC20 in ear because of that.

Last edited:

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016

Before, I used normal earphones in the gym which I needed to crank up to the max to hear my music above the loud fitness music and bragging beta dudes.

Now I can even listen to podcasts. Great value!

I'm literally glued to the QC35 right now.
-They are perfect for podcasts because of no background sound.
-I use them when in the gym to noise cancel all the shit music and background noise. You can properly concentrate on your lifts. They are the only reason I'm able to go back in there. Focus on the SQUEEZE and muscle mind connection!
-When I row on the C2 at home I can listen to audiobooks. Thats how I listen to Unscripted atm.
-On planes they are absolutely amazing. With no sound on you can hear the inside of the engine burning the fuel. I don't know what the sound really is but its a calming tone similiar to a bunsen burner. With music/tv on there is absolutely no noise in the plane. Train rides are also enjoyable now. Walk through the city of london in your own world.
-NEXT LEVEL meditation. If you are into that, they are a MUST.
-Noice cancellation saved me during finals exam at University. They keep you in the zone for longer as distracting noices are eliminated. Right before exams I could relax far better.
-If you are into ASMR, this is also a MUST HAVE.
-its durable and comes into a nice compact travel box.

The Battery is decent. The microphone is a bit weird so wouldnt recommend for speaking. I dont like that they only give a USB for charging.

Their adjustable size is really weird and a big negative for me. I have a big head yet they slide when I lie flat. Can never flat bench press with them on as they fall off. SO you will see me wearing them on my forehead instead.

14 months in-use and looks and works like new

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 20, 2012
Best value was getting the pets Microchipped and Spayed/Neutered!

Microchips prevents your pets from being euthanized at local pounds in the event of becoming lost and by spaying/neutering your pet you are helping to save generations of unwanted animals from being euthanized.

Both procedures are very affordable and the value is priceless.

A) Microchipping
microchipGet-your-pet-microchipped.jpg

B) Spay/Neutering
spay-neuter.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads