• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Notable! What is the best "value" you ever paid for?

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by MJ DeMarco, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $51,514
    Something I'm amazed that nobody posted yet, is that you should figure out if you even NEED deodorant in the first place.

Diet and genetics can play a pretty significant role in not only how much you sweat but how you smell when you do sweat.

If you don't sweat all that much, and don't smell offensive when you do sweat, you can probably get away without using the stuff in the first place in most situations.

Of course you can't trust your own nose for this - you really need to ask someone you trust to "give it to you straight".

And of course common sense applies - if you'll be out in the sun all damn day or get active without the opportunity to shower/change, all bets are off :p

2. GPM

GPM Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,023
    Thanks for the heads up on these! I always see their ads in magazines but never thought much about it. The rubber mats in my Acura are just destroyed and I need new ones. Gonna order some up right now! This winter has been nuts for weather. It is nasty out.

3. KLaw

KLaw Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,042
    Isn't this an apples to oranges comparison? I thought scrub daddy was primarily for dishes?
    [​IMG]

4. GPM

GPM Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,023
    Not sure if you ended up getting a Kindle or not. This thing changed my life!! This is the item that has had the biggest impact for the value that I can think of.

I am a huge fan of paper books. I love the feel, the smell, the texture, the weight of them. I was so against getting an eReader for the longest time. I used to work in a Northern location that required my to fly-in-fly-out every week. I would always bring a book with me to read on my shift. One flight was delayed so badly that I ended up finishing my book before I even got on the flight. I was stuck for both flights, plus my entire shift, with no book!

That was the breaking point. I got myself a Kindle and now I am addicted to the thing. I can get a book anytime I want, from almost anywhere I am. I always have about 3 books queued up and ready to go. I never want to be stuck in a situation like that again! Books also seem cheaper on it than they are in paper format which is always a plus. There are also a lot of older autobiographies that are 100% free on them (I HIGHLY recommend the autobiography of Andrew Carnegie)

dior616 and Romeo D. like this.
  5. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $51,514
    Funny you posted this, tomorrow is the day I get one:

upload_2018-1-10_14-21-30.png

:)

I debated getting a more advanced/fancier version like the Oasis or whatever but everyone raves about the Paperwhite and some people have battery issues with the Oasis so I figure it's the safest bet for my first reader.

inputchip and GPM like this.
  6. Tri Pham

Tri Pham New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Thanks for the recommendation brotha, these cost only $9.90 now at your local Uniqlo Store. These are like dress pant slacks with sweat pant comfort 10/10 would recommend. :)

Magneto C likes this.
  7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $252,448
    Admin Post
    No, because in fact, that was my trial. A pan I was cleaning wouldn't clean with the Scrub Daddy no matter how hard I scrubbed. Was gonna toss the pan away. In a last ditch effort, the Magic Eraser did it in seconds.

KLaw and Greg Rutkowski like this.
  8. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $125,225
    LOL, I never use deodorant. I didn't even know what it was until high school when I saw other kids rolling stuff into their armpits. I started using it because I thought that's what everyone does. But then stopped in college. I haven't used any in 20 years and I still have friends. :)

9. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The Horrendous Space Kablooie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,778
    Did you buy it? I have a Paperwhite. I never use it. Spot me a $20 at the Summit, it's yours.

JAJT and Greg Rutkowski like this.
  10. OMDA

OMDA Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $447
    The paperwhite is fantastic when reading other languages.

If you run into a word you don't understand, and have the right foreign language library installed, you can tap on it and get a definition in English.

TinyOldLady likes this.
  11. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,539
    If he doesn't take you up on that offer I will! I've been using my cell phone with the kindle app and have an actual kindle that I bought in 2010, which I haven't used. I love the kindle, it just makes things so simple.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Raoul Duke likes this.
  12. Greg Rutkowski

Greg Rutkowski Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,055
    Sold!

13. jesseissorude

jesseissorude Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,326
    I've seen a few people mention these already, but jumping on the bandwagon here:

1) I bought a $1100 course on working out that got me a workout program, coach support, daily lessons, and access to a community that I can ask questions in. It was SO hard to fork over the cash, but holy crap it changed my life. I gained 22lbs of muscle in a year and my brain just... worked better.

2) Related to #1: Vitamix blender. Magic bullet can suck it. I was making 3 shakes a day so I needed some pro sh*t.

3) BTC and ETH :smuggy:

4) Kindle. I still use a Kindle DX with a 9.7" screen and I'm never replacing that thing until Amazon releases a kindle with a big screen again. I never thought I'd use it much, but I've never read so much in my life. It's really changed my daily routine. I like holding a book in my hands and making notes in the margins, but you can't deny the convenience. It's one of those things that if it broke right now, my life would stop until I found another one to replace it with.

EDIT:
    PS If you're curious about the workout in #1, it was Scrawny to Brawny from the precisionnutrition.com. They don't offer the program anymore, so don't bother trying to find it.

14. JAJT

Rep Bank:
    $51,514
    Is it the 3rd gen one? Looks like it came out after June 30, 2015.

If so, I will absolutely take that offer :D

Greg Rutkowski likes this.
  15. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The Horrendous Space Kablooie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,778
    Just looked. I bought it in 2015. But, it is a Paperwhite 2, serial number 9017.

16. JAJT

Rep Bank:
    $51,514
    Thanks for looking that up!

I'm going to pick up the 3rd gen version today as that was the one I had my eyes on though. Also means I can use it on the plane trip down to the event :D

I'm 100% positive someone else will pick it up from you though :)

REP+ For the offer - it was/is super generous. I'm just admittedly unreasonably picky when it comes to stuff like this :)

Can't wait to meet you at the event.

Greg Rutkowski and Raoul Duke like this.
  17. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $28,778
    No problem. @Dunkafelics is next in line.

It's only a month away until the SUMMIT! :D

Dunkafelics and JAJT like this.
  18. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,539
    ONE MONTH AWAY!

I really appreciate it @Raoul Duke, whatever version it is, it is better than what I currently have ;)

That is a great price! I am sure that equals out to about $50 dollars CDN right now.

Greg Rutkowski, JAJT and Raoul Duke like this.
  19. JAJT

Rep Bank:
    $51,514
    As someone who just sent a giant wire in CDN to pay for a USD invoice... that sounds about right :p

Greg Rutkowski and Dunkafelics like this.
  20. Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,595
    this thread makes me poor i ordered a chunk of stuff

Romeo D., MJ DeMarco and KLaw like this.
  21. JasonR

JasonR Maverick Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $61,116
    Bose QuietComfort 20 Wireless Earbuds. The sound of silence is priceless on Airplanes or a noisy cafe. I always said I would buy another pair, immediately, if I lost these. Unfortunately, I left mine on an overseas flight and wasn't able to recover them.

Just bought again today. Sigh. Get 'em! Anyone who tries them buys a pair after.

[​IMG]

Greg Rutkowski and JAJT like this.
  22. JAJT

Rep Bank:
    $51,514
    Just arrived!

[​IMG]

Can't wait to pick up some books and start using this thing!

23. J.Sark

J.Sark New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $41
    If I had to choose, I would choose my Kindle as well. I still remember when I was moving from place to place on a weekly basis and my backpack had always 3 or 4 thick books inside.

This is just the best travel companion imaginable.

Although if I really had to make a choice between my Kindle and my pull-up bar, I would be in serious trouble...

jon.a likes this.
  24. JAJT

Rep Bank:
    $51,514
    Well after finishing a book in 1 day (132 pages, so a short book), I can totally see the appeal of the Kindle now.

Never understood why anyone would get one when Smart Phones are so prevalent but now I totally get it.

Firstly, it doesn't strain my eyes. It's VERY easy to read in any light level. The frontlight on a kindle is worlds better for reading than the backlight on a smartphone.

Also, this thing is so much easier to pick up than a physical book. I never really considered picking up a book "hard" before, but I also would NEVER pick up a book if I didn't have dedicated time to pick it up for. It could be literally right next to me but the desire to pick it up and read 3 pages wasn't there. On the kindle it has that same "easy access" as a smartphone. Wife runs to the store with the kids and I can just pick it up, be exactly where I left off, read 10 pages, put it down, and not feel upset at having to stop. No trying to figure out what page I was on, what part of the page I was in, worry about closing the book without a bookmark, etc...

The "time left in chapter" is also a super nice touch. It's no different from just flipping ahead in a book and seeing what's left but having it there and available at all times is just... nice. Same with the progress % through the book. It's a nice touch.

I can't accurately describe it but there's a certain "Je ne sais quoi" about this device that just makes it ultra easy to pick up.

Maybe this is all just "new device excitement" and I'm in the honeymoon phase of a new "thing" in my life but so far I'm totally sold on it. If it wasn't for this thread I never would have considered getting one :)

Mr.C, Romeo D., splok and 6 others like this.
  25. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $252,448
    Admin Post
    How are the ear buds? I've never had an ear bud fit in my ears snuggly. Any movement (especially at the gym) and they fall out. I have to look like an idiot with the huge Beats headphones.

Greg Rutkowski likes this.