The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What does a guy have to do to earn 100 points around here.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

Maybe I am missing something here.

what you are "missing" as you say , is human psychology

human psychology does not follow logic or reason

it has its own rules based on emotion 80 % and then logic 20 %

what you want is not to talk people into living a logical life

your job is to master human psychology in order to have the good life like popular gurus .

most of the time , true expert are not rich, but popular gurus are

never forget that example

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
So my 3:1 like to comment ratio is pretty good? Good, glad I can provide.

I am confused about the "speed+" thing mentioned here, and how the "kph" thing works. Can someone explain?

I earn rep money when I get likes, people pay me in reps, and get followers. How does that tie into the speed thing?

In one of the several versions of the forum there was a method of liking a post and also giving speed for the post. Liking was just for thanking someone for posting. Awarding speed was for a post that impacted your life or you REALLY liked.

Now you can like a post or award more rep points. The speed looks like it is tied to a combination of posts and likes? Not sure.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm not sure either. @Andy Black , can you shed some light on this? Thank you.
I think it's from hitting certain events or ratios. Not sure. I must admit I pay attention to likes, rep transfers, and follows to work out whether content I'm adding helps people or not.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Last edited:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I'm not sure either. @Andy Black , can you shed some light on this? Thank you.
Go to your profile page. Click on your speed points (left side under your avatar). This will show the "speed points" you have received. Click on the "available trophy list" and it will show you all the speed awards.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@MidwestLandlord Youve gained speed fast than I've seen a new member since I've joined. It's because every time you post, people listen. You provide a lot of value to the forum.

The way the algorithm works is, it rewards people who provide value. That's why there are people here who have below 100 kph but have been here for years.

There are also people who post but no one ever likes their posts because they have nothing good to say.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
@MidwestLandlord Youve gained speed fast than I've seen a new member since I've joined. It's because every time you post, people listen. You provide a lot of value to the forum.

Thank you. Your words mean a lot to me.

If I can give back even 1% of the value I've already gotten from this forum in the short time I've been here, I'll be doing pretty good I think.

The value here is astounding. Like being a kid in a candy store for me.

When I first read TMF a few years ago, I honestly sort of shrugged it off. I was like "Good book, but I got this" (sorry MJ)

I was making over $1,000 a day at the time. Thought I was hot shit. Bought the Mercedes. (thank goodness I didn't splurge beyond that)

What a fool I was. Long story short, lying to myself lead to a deep dark depression. I came out the other side of that depression a much more empathetic person, and completely honest with myself. I didn't like what I had become. I made money, but I was throwing away my personal values to do so.

Read TMF again, and it was a completely different book than the first time I read it. The book didn't change, *I* changed.

Not completely out of the hole I dug for myself, but working like a machine EVERY DAY to get there. Providing value to people AND making money while doing it? Pretty sweet place to be!

Anyway, happy to be here.

Thanks again.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
I notice that, just like out here in the world, the more well known a contributor is on the forum the quicker we are to add speed to his/her post. I am not complaining at all though, believe me whenever I get there I will know it was well deserved. Plus I find a lot more value in the post of those with experience.

However I find irony in how very similar that is to conducting business in society. The man/woman with no name recognition or resources will struggle the most getting started or building credibility, while those that have already had a fair amount of success or fame duplicate it far more effortlessly because human nature leads many to assume success breeds more success and many times that is true.

Again this is not a complaint just an observation and as a last thought I have seen some of the newer or not so well known members contribute some pretty good stuff and quite a few read the post, but no speed was given. Maybe I am missing something here.

I love this forum. Now give up some speed and stop acting like groupies.:D Peace

this is based on the gaussian distribution

most people can only understand what is within their reach

if the post is too dumb, obviously, they don't give likes

and if the post is too clever or above their understanding, they can't give likes as well

because they are not smart ou aware enough to understand the value.

this is why geniuses were punished accross the ages before being understood

if you want to receive points you have to stay within people's understanding

that's why politicians appeal to the emotions of the masses : " we are the best . they are evil people"

not to their reason !!!!!!!!! : " we should consider this advanced philosophy "

never forget this :

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.