The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What did you do today?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Trying to figure out why the cheap Chinese drone I purchased yesterday won't send a live feed to my phone.

This activity may not be immediately relavent to my business but just think of the possibilities!

Cheap drone
Aerial photography
????
Money

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Trying to figure out why the cheap Chinese drone I purchased yesterday won't send a live feed to my phone.

This activity may not be immediately relavent to my business but just think of the possibilities!

Cheap drone
Aerial photography
????
Money
I was going to do this, still might. Have to get certified ($150 test) and violates the commandment of time. Wouldn't recommend a cheap drone for professional aerial photography.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Cheap drone
Aerial photography
????
Money
Well there's your problem, it was probably in water!

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Today I attempted to buy samples of the product that I might import but I'm having some problems with paypal and my internet isn't cooperating. Will have to do some more troubleshooting tomorrow after school. Think I fixed the problem I just have to wait for confirmation from PayPal.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I wrote two chapters to test my ability to write on my experience in retail leadership. Writing is not my thing though so not sure that I'm going to continuing with that unless I outline the basics for each chapter and how to implement strategies and outsource the physical writing.... also read a bunch of threads on here to try and Jumpstart my e-commerce ideas

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I was going to do this, still might. Have to get certified ($150 test) and violates the commandment of time. Wouldn't recommend a cheap drone for professional aerial photography.
Was more of a joke as I was bored on the train heading back to the drone shop. I don't think it will be relevant to my business at all but it will be a fun distraction and sometimes those are needed.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Last week a friend of mine in Nebraska told me his neighbor was desperate to sell his house. Had just listed that day with a realtor for $65,000 (appraised at $63,000)

Pay off for the mortgage was about $45,000 according to my friend. I called the realtor, made an offer of cash for $50,000, and he took it. Overnighted him a check the same day. Bought it sight unseen. (we close in January)

This morning I called a landlord I know in that town and offered it to him for $65,000. After haggling, we settled on $62,000 cash, if I paint the interior. So already this morning I texted a handyman I know in that town and he agreed to paint it for $800

Total cash outlay should be about $52,000. I'll get a roughly 19% ($10,000) cash on cash return for about 5 hours of work total. Not bad.

Now if I could just do that about 100 more times, I'd be doing pretty good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Took a phone call from a local locksmith who a local plumber client referred onto me.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana

Cheap drone
Aerial photography
????
Money

I'm a pretty avid multirotor builder and pilot for a hobby. Where are you in, because if you're in the States, the FAA is a major dick about running a commercial business with a multirotor and will slap so many fines on you on per pic etc... It's a mess over there so wanted to make sure if your craft is registered and then you have a commercial small-craft license. Also if you do have a live feed, the FAA requires you to have an HAM licence as well. I'm a pretty active user over at RC groups forums as well, the commercial side has appealed to me for some time now but haven't had the motivation to take the classes and licence for the commercial side of things.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Now a formal answer to this threas. I sent out 10+ cold emails, worked 1 hour on web tutorials and plan on doing more tonight. Worked on a clients page for another hour as well. Plan on working on a personal project for the majority of the evening.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Began correspondence with multiple suppliers in the Indian spice industry in order to assess market viability to import to Canada.

Finalized pricing with a new supplier for plastic products(garbage bags, poly bags, disposable gloves, skid wrap etc) to replace current slow lane job supplier and earn a sizeable percentage of recurring income from the deal.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I'm a pretty avid multirotor builder and pilot for a hobby. Where are you in, because if you're in the States, the FAA is a major dick about running a commercial business with a multirotor and will slap so many fines on you on per pic etc... It's a mess over there so wanted to make sure if your craft is registered and then you have a commercial small-craft license. Also if you do have a live feed, the FAA requires you to have an HAM licence as well. I'm a pretty active user over at RC groups forums as well, the commercial side has appealed to me for some time now but haven't had the motivation to take the classes and licence for the commercial side of things.
and this is why I don't live in the U.S.

It's a toy..

Thanks for the info.

Ryan Wolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Nov 26, 2016
New Business 1: Registered the new business with the state as a DBA under my LLC. Designed and ordered custom packaging.

New Business 2: Bought the domain name. Made a list of potential manufacturers found on Alibaba. Plan to reach out tomorrow.

Existing Coffee Shop: Finalized the January classes. Sent out the flyer and am already maxed out at 150 people in each class. Am planning a third and maybe fourth class for the overflow. Looked into getting new custom mugs. Set up a meeting with an important person.

Existing Snow Removal Business (SLOWLANE): Fixed the plow and salter, then had to go plow and salt. Easy money, though.

Unrelated Business Activity: Reading old posts on here and getting the cogs turning. Am currently learning about pricing psychology, favorite source so far being http://www.nickkolenda.com/psychological-pricing-strategies/

Trying to tune out the slowlane fam who are collectively getting worked up watching fuh fuh fuh football.

"Success is my only mother F*cking option, failure is not."

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
today, i will meet a famous french entrepreneur. he is coming in my city to meet people and dedicace books.

i will try to grasp his " aura" and knowledge

his name is Olivier Roland:

he left school at 16 because it was annoying ...

he is 35

he earns 28,000 dollars a month

he works 6 months a year

he travels 6 month a year

his business is automated

so i don't know if this is fastlane but this is the kind of life worth living

( people might say : no this is not fastlane, you have to earn millions with ferraris

but for me fastlane is becoming free as fast as possible.
so yes olivier roland is a fastlane case for me :thumbsup: )

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Took a phone call from a local locksmith who a local plumber client referred onto me.
This guy wanted to meet yesterday evening. I've texted to see if he's available next week to meet.

This morning I've been loading videos up to Thinkific.com which is a nice course creation SaaS, similar to Teachable.com

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
Doing product research, currently in the process of hiring a VA, so I've done loads of resume reading and messaging to potential workers. Also reading a little bit about ecommerce.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Let us all remember that "just because it's work doesn't mean that it's important."
Do you mean the market doesn't pay for activity (sometimes known as "work")?

Or do you mean there's more important things to do in life than business, so go spend some time with your loved one?

Either way, a good reminder for me. Thanks!

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Do you mean the market doesn't pay for activity (sometimes known as "work")?

Or do you mean there's more important things to do in life than business, so go spend some time with your loved one?

Either way, a good reminder for me. Thanks!

@Andy Black

Thanks for the +REP!

The guy on my left shoulder agrees with the first one, but the guy on my right says the second one!

In this context, it means that certain types of work hold more importance than the other.

For you it could be finding quality clients vs organizing your email inbox.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
What action did you take today to either start or grow your Fastlane business?

If you don't post in here then perhaps you should do something NOW so that you can.
What did you do @Gareth? :playful:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.