The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I just finished 12 week year and Miracle Morning. Looking forward to putting both to work in my life within the next week or so.

I decided to give I Will Teach You To Be Rich a shot - I feel I lack knowledge in personal finance.

Got a ton of Amazon gift cards as gifts, so I will be ordering a big pile of books soon!

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I'm currently reading Quiet... it's a book for introverts and definitely a must read for us introverts who struggle to co-exist in a world full of loud mouths and attention whores.
Man this will have to be one of my next reads. I really struggle with this, and my niche is just packed with these types.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Currently reading books geared more towards self improvement and psychology. Laying of f the how to make money/secrets to become a millionaire type of stuff. Reading #1 others on que

1. Thank You for Arguing What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson Can Teach Us About the Art of Persuasion
  2. The Way of Men by Jack Donovan
  3. Henry Hazlitt - Economics in One Lesson
  4. Selected Non-Fictions - Jorge Luis Borges & Eliot Weinberger (tough read)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I got a few books for Christmas that I'm going to get through this year.

Brandes on Value: The Independent Investor by Charles Brandes -- this book is geared towards value investing.
Business Adventures by John Brooks -- supposedly this is one of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett's favorite books.
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson -- kept seeing this book recommended by some big names.

My goal is to read 20 books this year. I've been working on reading faster as recommended in another thread so I made a big list of books I want to read and I'm almost certain I will probably read more than that.

For any of you guys who are interested, don't be afraid to check out your local library. Even if your local library doesn't have a certain book you can have it shipped to the library from other libraries. That's what I'm planning on doing this year.

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
Just started Capital in the 21st Century by Thomas Piketty. Not very far in but his writing style is annoying me a little bit, other than that seems like a quality read.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Books I'm currently reading:

Linchpin by Seth Godin
Psycho Cybernetics By Maxwell Maltz
The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco - infact I'm expecting the physical copy either monday or tuesday.
Money Mastery by Tony Robbins - Read the sample, gonna buy it on the iBooks app.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Started zero to one by Peter Thiel yesterday, finishing up today. The book is pretty good, so far.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I'm currently reading Quiet... it's a book for introverts and definitely a must read for us introverts who struggle to co-exist in a world full of loud mouths and attention whores.
Bruh, no one is fully an introvert tho I understand where you're coming from. That said there are loud mouths and attention whoring introverts. I should know because I'm an introvert myself though I can be very charismatic and entertaining where you wouldn't believe I was an introvert. It depends on the environment and who I'm with though but when I'm 100% comfortable which I am with a few people I become the extrovert.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Paulo coelho - The Alchemist
I let a friend of mine borrow this book because I thought it had a lot of good hidden messages. He read about 10 pages over the course of about 3 months. Then out of the blue, one day, he came in and gave it back to me and said he ended up reading it in one day and thought it was one of the best books he ever read.

I agree. One of my favorites. I plan on reading it again soon.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Kubson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 6, 2014
Just finished "The Miracle Morning". The book itself isn't anything amazing, but I like the idea. Now working on making TMM my everyday habit. I am very possitive about it.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I'm just finishing up EDGY Conversations: How Ordinary People Can Achieve Outrageous Success by Dan Waldschmidt.

I bought it for $0.99 on Kindle and was surprised by how good it was (much of it might not be "new" but his writing and stories are powerful). I just checked Amazon and it's still only $0.99 and I'd recommend that you check it out...

Forget just checking it out...

I mean buy it. ;)

RamonV

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 10, 2014
Seeking wisdom: From Darwin to Munger - Peter Bevelin
The science of getting rich - Wallace D. Wattles
The success principles - Jack Canfield
Money, master the game - Tony Robbins

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Listened to "The One Thing" recently. Now started reading the paperback.

IGSKnox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2015
Knoxville,Tn
I've got a stack of books by my bed that I'm working through:

Awaken the Giant Within
- Tony Robbins (read it before, but recently started reading it again).

An Introduction to Psychology (can't remember by whom, but its the university type handbooks, so it often succeeds in putting me asleep - the theory bits that is).

How life imitates chess - Gary Kasparov (I'm about halfway through this one - was wondering how to become great in chess/life, and this book seemed like a fit).

Successfull Interpersonal Communication - Another handbook (still to start reading it).

How to have kick-a$$ ideas - Chris Barez-Brown. (I'm about 75% through this book, and so far I think it is a great book. It has great exercises, lots of pictures/drawing that makes it an easy read, and is immensely useful in coming up with creative ideas to make the most of your opportunities (a rephrase from 'problems' :)).

Your idea can make you rich - Its from the guys who run the Dragon's Den. So far I'm not really impressed as it feels like the 'same-old' entrepreneur advice in a million other books, but I'm not done reading it completely yet, so I might still change my opinion.

The Complete Guide to Flipping Properties - Steve Burgess (I'm still to start reading this one though - I bought it thinking it would be specific to the UK market, but it isnt, so I'll read it further into the future).

Thats it for my currently reading/unread stack next to my bed.

What are you reading?
EMyth mastery

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
I just read managing oneself by Peter Drucker & and the lesson of history by Will & Ariel Durant.

Tomorrow I'll be reading Sam Walton: Made in America.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini

I'm more than half way through this book.

It's interesting to see how people make decisions and how you can present things in different ways to get different outcomes.

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
I'm currently reading Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins, and then I'll be moving onto the book intelligent memory.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Starting today:

Made in America, Sam Walton

Recently:

Lazy Income, the myth and reality of making passive income online. Jenna Innouye.
Dropshipping Disasters, avoiding the most common e-commerce mistakes. Jenna Innouye.
Der Weg zur finanziellen Freiheit, Bodo Schäfer.
Never work again, Erlend Bakke.
Traveltage, use your smartphone and the FBA program to make money, travel and create the life you want, Timothy Hess.

Baku

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2014
Poland
"Eat that frog!" by Brian Tracy

Recently I read a lot of design "logodesignlove", "Design Elements A Graphic Style Manual", architecture books, and "The Source" by Ayn Rand. The last one is very, very good.

Next is Marketing by Philip Kotler.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
I finished reading Stephen R. Covey "The 7 Habbits of Highly Effective People" and now I'm reading "Think and Grow Big" by Napoleon Hill

I am actually reading Think and Grow Big now, and was considering to read the first book you mentioned afterwards. How was it?

G

Guest3722A

Currently reading The 4-Hour Work Week again. I find it interesting that alot of the stuff taught and discussed here on the ff has ingrained much of the material in me.

Also currently reading The Magic Ladder To Success Napoleon Hill. It caught my attention when I was in the library picking up the 4hww and it actually turned out to be quite good.

Just started Unstoppable Confidence The Power of NLP, Kent Sayre Not sure yet about this one.

Also reading Building an Import Export Business, Kenneth Weiss Very dry

Just finished Psycho Cybernetics, Maxwell Maltz Thanks @Silverhawk851 for recommending it somewhere on the forum. It was good. What made it even better was I got the audio book on it off of youtube and the reader was Dan Kennedy. So very cool.

A few weeks ago I finished the One Minute Manager, Kenneth Blanchard a very good book on managing people

Aaand I just went through the summary of The One Thing by Gary Keller (twice) It looks like a good book and I'll be digging into that soon.

Daniel M.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 9, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
I am actually reading Think and Grow Big now, and was considering to read the first book you mentioned afterwards. How was it?

I would gladly recommend that book. It is very good book full of useful information. It teaches you that "Positive thinking" is not enough, that everyone has his own "map" his own paradigm and in order to be succesful you have to use the correct ones.

"It is hard to find a place(reach a goal) in New York if you have the map of Chicago!"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.