The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Yeah, not really a believer so gonna skip it then.. thought it's different. :) Cheers!
I was in the same boat, however, it was a great read. The belief parts you can just imagine them as the laws of the universe or something.

Current reads:
  • Influence - Robert Cialdini
  • Ca$hvertising - Trying to read the whole thing this time
  • Secrets of Power Negotiating
  • The Art of War
  • Poor Charlie's Almanack (This thing is worth it!)

Read recently (Last two weeks)
  • The Lean Startup
  • Sam Walton: Made in America
  • Thick Face: Black Heart

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Came across MJs reccomended reading list recently...So I'm about to finish: What Rich People know and desperately want to keep secret. Good read so far some practical strategies on how to run a business I think it may be a few years old now but I feel the advice is still very relevant now. Next onto to Cashvertising, and unfortunately I cannot locate Who owns the Icehouse so I will have to order that one online...also completing a writeup for my partner and I on Lean Startup.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Poor Charlie's Almanack (This thing is worth it!)

YES.

Got some new reads.

• Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller
  • The 48 Laws of Power
  • Family Fortunes
  • Breakthrough Advertising

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Man I am reading Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Daniel Lapin and it is phenomenal

Second only to TMF

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Self-Discipline in 10 days: How To Go From Thinking to Doing

Great book if you tend to overthink things. What I got from it:
  • Part of you doesn't want you to succeed. Because succeeding means going through discomfort and pain. That part of you is called Hyde in the book (as in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde). It's the childish side of a person, who just wants to play and have fun and avoid discomfort. You beat Hyde by STARTING (forcing yourself to take action, breaking a big goal down into smaller goals and completing them one by one) and FOCUSING (reminding yourself what you're doing through positive self-talk therefore shutting out Hyde who's constantly trying to talk and trick you into a distraction too.)
It works really. I've been a productivity Machine ever since I read it two days ago and the changes I had to make to get there were minor (mindset changes).

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Man I am reading Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Daniel Lapin and it is phenomenal

Second only to TMF
Thanks for the recommendation. That book is insane. I gotta say before reading it I sometimes wondered about 'unproportionate' number of Jews in business, but the author explains why that is perfectly. I'm not going to spoil it for someone who's going to read it, but I'll say it has something to do with the familiar concept of CREATING VALUE.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Thanks for the recommendation.
Yeah, I found the premise of the book a bit odd at first glance, but as soon as I started reading it I was hooked. The book was actually given to me at least a year or so ago, and I just shelved it. I was bored one night and picked it up.

I just love the connection it makes between business and what I would consider spirituality. It is so awesome to see a really solid connection between the two. Both of these areas are very important to me, but have always kinda been in separate silos of my life.

Very cool, multi-faceted book touching on a huge range of things.

Glad you enjoyed it as well @TheKing .

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
the power of now, so good so far

If you're reading it, I STRONGLY recommend getting the audiobook. So much better, as it is Eckhart himself speaking. His voice is very powerful and conveys the message better in my opinion.

Currently reading Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Freakwinger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 17, 2014
Montreal
I am currently reading TMF (15 pages left) and I have got to say it is amazing. Also, Choose yourself by James Altucher, Toilet paper entrepeneur, and not connected to the business world :The Ruins by Scott Smith, whick is really f*cked up to say the least..

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hmm...I've been reading just about everything from leadership, sports psychology, mental toughness, non-violent communication, and relationships, writing, grammar, editing, marketing. Problem is they all say the same thing, and you probably can find the same information in the books already listed.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Recent for me:
Lean Marketing by Sean Ellis (Basically his blog posts in ebook format. Recommended)
Biography of Nikola Tesla (If you aren't educated on Tesla, check him out. Pretty eye opening
Biography of Alexander the Greats campaigns

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
D

Deleted21704

Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
Just discovered this guy in a used book store last week. I only breezed through a collection of his essays so far, but another one that stood out to me along with Civil Disobedience was Walking.

pz4ever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 24, 2014
Citizen of the world
I am currently reading The 4 hour work week, and for some reason I have read a third of it and not so impressed yet. Maybe I have high expectations since this book is one of the most recommended ones. Or maybe it is because I feel it is more like a manual to outsourcing. Hopefully there will be other interesting chapters coming up in the book.

xabi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 2, 2014
Ireland
I am currently reading The 4 hour work week, and for some reason I have read a third of it and not so impressed yet. Maybe I have high expectations since this book is one of the most recommended ones. Or maybe it is because I feel it is more like a manual to outsourcing. Hopefully there will be other interesting chapters coming up in the book.

Im about the same distance through the 4HWW and like you am not overly impressed yet, some good tips on outsourcing etc, hope it gets better.

Blackadder

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 17, 2013
The Ozark Mountains
I'm rather a fan of Tim Ferriss and his 4 hour workweek (Tim IS polarizing I've found you love him or hate him...and those that hate him seem stuck on the 4 hour thing.....you work your a$$ off for a year then you CAN work 4 hours a day, not just work 4 hours a day from the get go)....but I bet he wishes he had stuck with the original title "drug dealing for fun and profit"

Book i'm on
Poverty Sucks! How to Become a Self-Made Millionaire by Ms. Aimee Elizabeth
starts off with a rag to riches story (and the rags part are a doozy) then gets into how to start a service business (or how to pick the best one for you)
only about halfway through but quite interesting (if you have kindle unlimited its a borrower book)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.