The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Raoul Duke

I am a JEDI, like my father before me.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
Found a new series. Sun Eater by Christopher Ruocchio. 5 Books planned in the series. 3 are out currently. 4th comes out this July. 5th in 2022.

All I can... is holy :shit:.

IF you like Dune or Red Rising. You'll like this book.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Boogie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
Found a new series. Sun Eater by Christopher Ruocchio. 5 Books planned in the series. 3 are out currently. 4th comes out this July. 5th in 2022.

All I can... is holy :shit:.

IF you like Dune or Red Rising. You'll like this book.

Thank you. My wife was a huge Frank Herbert fan. She read most of his books if not all. I didn't read the Dune series but I read several of his others.

My wife will be interested based on the comparison.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
I'm currently reading Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg and damn is it good. Best book I've read in a long time.

@mjdemarco, I know you are a fan of The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy. It's better than the Compound Effect. I still have 100 pages to go but I've started flossing for the first time ever. I also now do 2 post-pee pushups (I work from home) and drink more water. Drank a gallon today for the first time in months! I'm excited to drink more water because of the pushups. The key is to immediately celebrate your tiny habits. I've noticed that the more I immediately celebrate a tiny habit, the faster it's locked in. Not immediately celebrating it does make a difference.

Two things that are important are: 1) you need a prompt 2) you need to celebrate after doing your tiny habit. I really like the PAC man method - Prompt (example: turning the stove on), Ability (can you do it), Celebrate (snap your fingers, smile, imagine a crowd going wild, etc.)

A prompt could be when you turn on the coffee machine, after you brush your teeth ( flossing) when you lay your head on the pillow at night (think of one thing you're grateful for) , when you open the office door (I now use my foam roller for my back every morning when I open my office door)

Here are the new tiny habits I've started within the last month:
Maui habit (prompt: when I put my feet on the floor)
Praying (prompt: when I turn on the stove)
Read my Tiny Habits recipe cards (prompt: after I turn on the coffee machine)
Pushups (prompt: after I pee)
Using my foam roller (prompt: when I open my office door)(
Flossing (prompt: after I brush my teeth)
Tossing my son up in the air after we workout together (prompt: after the YouTube video says "Workout complete")

Also, the author is a Stanford University behavioral research doctor who is not a "guru" trying to sell you some BS. Not to mention, his 5 day tiny habits course is free.

I could go on and on about this book. It's definitely a home run!

Attachments

• tiny.jpg
    tiny.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Reading the miracle morning. So far it's been great, just trying different ways of it out so I find my sweet spot and get the right amount of sleep. 5am seems right.

As part of the 10 mins of reading every morning, I've started the daily stoic from Ryan Holiday, 366 meditations on wisdom, perserverance, and the art of living.

I still read normal books like miracle morning at night, but reading one or two daily stoics and mulling over it is something I can get behind as a lifelong habit for morning reading.

20210227_071628.jpg

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!