The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK
Smartcuts by Shane Snow - picked this up on audiobook, about 1/2 way through and reframes you to look for smartcuts (smart shortcuts) to growth hack your business (and learning and anything else)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Re reading Victor Frankl Man's Search For Meaning - I read it again when I find myself complaining

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Cashvertising. Really, really good so far. I'm dedicating the next couple of months to getting better at copywriting, since I already have all the technical skills that I need to create anything.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Cashvertising. Really, really good so far. I'm dedicating the next couple of months to getting better at copywriting, since I already have all the technical skills that I need to create anything.

The life force 8 is GOLD!

Currently Reading
  • Sam Walton: Made In America

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Currently
"1776" by David McCullough
"Decision Points" by George W Bush
"The Millionaire Fastlane " (reread) by MJ DeMarco

Just read:
- "World War I in 100 Objects" by Peter Doyle
-"Make yourself unforgettable" bu Dale Carnegie
- "John Adams" by David McCullough
- "The Organized mind" by Daniel Levitin
- "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm currently reading Quiet... it's a book for introverts and definitely a must read for us introverts who struggle to co-exist in a world full of loud mouths and attention whores.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I'm currently reading Quiet... it's a book for introverts and definitely a must read for us introverts who struggle to co-exist in a world full of loud mouths and attention whores.

Interesting. Adding it to my queue.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

I've taken personality tests several times over the last few years. The usual result that I get for the E/I trait is that I'm an Extrovert but very close to being an Introvert. I read a while back on Ambiverts and I believe that describes me best. When I was a little younger I could easily say I was leaning even more on the extrovert side though.

Anyways, I've heard of the book before and it looks like it's on sale for Kindle. About to buy it :bookworm:

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)

Her TED speech is quite interesting!!

Natasha Dao

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Nov 13, 2014
I'm currently reading The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

Same here, also reading "7 habits of highly effective people". Have read before but always good to learn something different and more every read and again.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
I've read these lately, and am always referring back to them...

- Bad Paper: Chasing Debt from Wall Street to the Underworld
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, Or How To Build The Future
- Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into A Sales Machine With The $100 Million Best Practices Of Salesforce.com
- How To Get Rich (Felix Dennis)
- Trust Me I'm Lying: Confessions Of A Media Manipulator
- Stephan King On Writing
- How Rich People Think (Steve Siebold)
- The Millionaire Fastlane (obviously!)

Last edited:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
One of the very first personal development audio recordings I listened to (when I was serious about personal development) was The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale. It was $0.99 on Amazon for Kindle and it's less than 100 pages long so I started reading it. Classic.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I just finished reading "Toxic Parents" by Susan Forward.

If you have had a hard relationship with either of your parents or both, if you feel or felt guilty, ashamed or angry for your past, if you have big goals but you feel trapped, unmotivated and confused most of the time, if you have developed any kind of social anxiety, if you start but don't finish things, if you feel inadequate or unworthy, if you feel like "you're not enough", if you often wonder WTF is wrong with you and why you have become the person you never intended to be... chances are your toxic parents caused most of it on your childhood years with what they did or didn't do and you haven't come into terms with it yet;

Chances are they are still manipulating you in more subtle ways. This book is a must-read, it deconstructs all the dynamics in an abusive or dysfunctional family so you can see how it affected you while growing up and what you can do to reclaim your life by the horns.

I believe it also would help you as a parent to be a better one.

Tons of "aha moments" and practical advice. Favorited & recommended.

Last edited:

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I have been recently Reading the "Ten Commandments for Making Money' By Rabbi Paul Lapin, but my phone batt has recently died.
Anyway I was put on to that by Pickering MT I think, from this very thread.

Very highly recommended and not 'religious' at all, for any concerned atheists etc, although there are spiritual aspects .
Powerful,Insightful,Practical and very useful,in fact I think I saw somewhere that is on the INSIDERS reading list or gift list or something or rather, that should say something about it.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
In my experience most people blow past this point by at least a few months... often a few years.

Many times reading becomes a form of procrastination and/or mental masturbation.

The roadside is littered with people who have read all the books and still haven't launched their first business. You fill yourself with so much information you can't even remember it all let alone put it into some kind of order to take action on.

A few concepts that have proven useful for myself and a few people I've shared them with:

1. Just in time reading. That means reading only what you are going to implement right now.

2. 10x production vs consumption. If you read for an hour you should spend 10 hours implementing what you learned.

3. The $10,000 book. Many of the $10,000 seminars you see are little more than the creators original book expanded and explained. Save yourself the $10k and treat the book like you spent $10k on it. Rather than blasting through it in order to get to the next book why not slow down and take action on all the core points?

Little golden post right there!

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
I've just ordered "The Psychology of Winning" by Denis Waitley. I'm very keen to see if it is as good as people say it is.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
At the moment I'm reading 1 page or chapter of the following books a day, and the audiobook is in chapters of 45 minutes so I listen to it whenever I have enough time (Which is maybe once a week if I'm lucky...still working 14-16 hours a day for someone else here)

The personal MBA
APE
365 day devotionals for leaders (Bible lessons about leadership, one lesson a day.)
Audiobook: How champions think
How to make friends and influence people.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.