The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

random_9492

Contributor
Jan 2, 2021
Make Time by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky. A good productivity book that teaches various tips and tricks to get more out of your day without facing a burnout.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Dora Wi

Contributor
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
I always fall into the habit of starting several books at the same time and kind of switch between them depending on what I feel like reading. Right now I am reading A Short History of the World from H. G. Wells - I started this a long ago but then kind of forgot about it in favour of other books. This is for general education, my knowledge about history is very poor and I feel bad about it, I think it is a big part of being a cultured person.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
512n4-Re+uL.jpg

Some interesting mindset stuff plus a different way to do business:

Not only do you not need to be the expert. You don’t want to be. Being an expert can often hurt your chances of success because it automatically focuses you on details that don’t move a business forward. Experts don’t usually make great entrepreneurs, yet most of them try to be one.

Fast forward to the present day, and I have a zero-hour work week with a fully self-managed business from which I collect passive distributions. The business has a CEO, it grows without me, and I collect 25% of the profits. It does over two million dollars per year in revenue with a wonderful margin for me. A few people have offered me $6,000,000 for the business, but I have declined.

MattL

Contributor
Jan 31, 2014
The Cold North
Recently read The War Of Art By Stephen Pressfield.

Didn't really resonate with me. It was basically about doing the work even if you don't feel like it.

But like any good writer, he gave it a name and called it resistance.

Before that, I read Atomic Habits by James Clear.

Great book. I'd read similar books before (The Power of Habit, Eat that Frog, Deep Work, one other that was recommended on this forum...) but none of them were as jam-packed with value as Atomic Habits.

I haven't read all 32 pages of this thread but I imagine at least 8 people have mentioned this book previously. So I'll stop this review here. :)

S.Y.

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Just Re-read Seneca's On the Shortness of Life (more of an essay published as a small book), and completed the Discourses of Epictetus.
20210404_185951.jpg

The discourses come second to none in terms of preaching an internal locus of control. To an absurd degree.

Now reading thse two

20210404_190727.jpg

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
Scott Galloway - Post Corona

“From crisis to opportunity”. Nothing particularly profound. So far so good.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal

More: A History of the World Economy from the Iron Age to the Information Age

I am going crazy after the perfect book on ancient economics. I want to do deep research on the ancient entrepreneurs and how they invested smart back in the day. If anyone knows good books please share!

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I am currently finishing Grit, a great book about hard work, that it's a great compliment with Discipline, the book I read before.

Lately I'd been working in my discipline, something that I lack in my life and I need to improve. Do you know another books about the subject?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Unscripted part 2, MJ sent me an early copy, what an amazing book so far, just on the second chapter...

The part where the character buys a Ferrari is quite hilarious!

Happy few days late April fools =) had to get that in..

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads