• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by ChrisV, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Kyle T

Kyle T Aspiring Super Hero Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,243
    "Unscripted" by some dude named MJ Demarco

2. Fastlane Liam

Fastlane Liam Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,148
    I got this, but put it down as soon as he said "im not actually a millionaire". I thought, how are you going to teach me to become a millionaire, if you're not one...

How is it?

The guy is just an author from what I remember

3. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,507
    The way he described it, people would buy around the $17 price marker in the 17 store. So anchoring would be my guess as well. However, he doesn't go into too much detail concerning the science. Plus, many of his studies are behind a paywall.

Nike’s online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017

From what I've been observing, it seems there's a right way to play outrage and a wrong way.

The right way, NIKE. You get people who aren't even your main target market to mob on social media.

The wrong way, EA. You enrage your own player base, by insulting them. As a result, Battlefield 5 Pre-orders are 85% lower than their closest competitor.

yup

4. Velocke

Velocke Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $218
    • Crushing It! - Gary Vaynerchuk (audio): Trying to be open-minded on this one, but actually trying to become a "social media influencer" still strikes me as a shallow goal and an unpleasant life. I don't want to tell a bunch of people on the Internet what I am doing every day...but I'm pretty sure the key is just making it based around something you really WANT to share constantly with other people.
    • Furiously Happy - Jenny Lawson (audio): Funny, but definitely bordering on an annoying level of "LOL I'M SO RANDOM", especially as read by the author, who does an unfortunate amount of uptalking.
    • Built to Sell - John Warrillow: I really like this one so far. Uses a story about a guy wanting to sell his ad agency to go through how you create a business that does not depend on your constant presence and activity.

Xeon likes this.
  5. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,073
    [​IMG]

Michael1359 likes this.
  6. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,460
    Victor Frankls short book is so moving and proof of the power of the mind. Absolutely a book that can change your life. Bloody read it if you haven't already.

Dubidu and MTEE1985 like this.
  7. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,460
    I am heading to Petth city for my daughters graduation and buying 2 copies of Ray Dalios Principles, one for her and one for me so this arvo I am reading this.

COSenior likes this.
  8. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,033
    I’ve met him. He’s a dick, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xeon and Vigilante like this.
  9. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,033
    Good choices. Unscripted is the type of book you just keep on repeat. It’s like it’s to
    Soup, A-Z entrepreneurial success.

Do you use Goodreads? If so send me your URL.

MTEE1985 likes this.
  10. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,450
    Stephen key one simple idea.

ChrisV and Vigilante like this.
  11. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,073
    How so?

Xeon likes this.
  12. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $13,033
    I mean he’s not a dick dick.. he’s alright. Gave me his email.

This was a while ago...

When I met him he said he just got back from Italy.

This was a little after his fame with Wine Library TV and when he had just started writing books.

At this point he didn’t realize I knew who he was

So I said ‘did you try any new wines there?’

I think he said no, but I quickly hinted at him ‘did you try any wines... you know.. maybe make some YouTube videos?’ and he laughed when he realized i knew who he was.

So him and I spoke. I basically told him ‘you know it’s funny, i don’t drink wines myself, but I actually watch some of your videos... even though I don’t like wines, I like your approach. I like that you tell people to find their own palette and don’t let and trends or gurus decide which wines you should like... if you like a wine you should like it” and I think he appreciated that...

This was yearssssss ago but he was talking about building his new site and he was like “Yea, I’m kicking myself... one of my friends came to me with this brand new startup he wanted me to invest in called Uber that’s an app that helps you find taxi alternatives and I didn’t inverst and now they’re getting kinda popular in some cities.. i really should have.”

In retrospect... i, um... agree with him lol.

And we spoke a little about the Self Help industry and how the whole Positive Thinking movement is bullshit.

So actually he was pretty cool. I don’t remember what but there was something I saw him do that was a little dickish.

Jasmine Vine and Xeon like this.
  13. Satvik Gupta

Satvik Gupta Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $463
    I actually like it because the author has interviewed many successful like Eben Pagan (Someone who does $100k/day) in the book.

Not only that, he talks about his journey about how he found mentors, what skills are required to be successful, and much more.

14. João Oliveira

João Oliveira PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    I'm reading the 100$ Startup.

15. Steven D.

Steven D. New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $53
    Sell or Be Sold - Grant Cardone

Fantastic book!

I've actually written my own workbook (Attached) based on my experience in selling.

It's amazing to see so many dedicated people in this thread.

I can only imagine the collective impact, each of us has made on this planet, with everything we've learned and applied.

Cheers,
    Steve

Attached Files:

misiuq1 and ChrisB7 like this.
  16. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $13,033
    I’ve read this.. liked it. I wonder if anyone in this forum has had success with his approach.

Dameron and Dubidu like this.
  17. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,708

absolutely

1) masterminds are not on earth to be sheep in a controled society . i can't say too much because of political correctness since political correctness is more important than truth in our world

masterminds are on earth to think about the big picture . not to watch TV an insult intelligence

2) yes the stupidity of the masses is very annoying for masterminds

very very annoying

this is why a lot of masterminds have contempt fot the masses

because of the stupidity of the crowd , living like idiots instead of thinking about truth

3) yes because masterminds are above the crowd

you can't tell a private to do the work of a general !

people are not equal

4) absolutely

look at this picture and the quotations

intj.jpg

so the book i read are masterminds related because money is not the goal of life but a means

once you get the money, you have to get serious and live the right way above the crowd

you have 80 or 100 years on earth to honour human dignity and intelligence

not to be energy in a system for unknow masterminds above you

for example :

flight.jpg

Dameron, Xeon, Arun Siva and 3 others like this.
  18. stmorand

stmorand New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $97
    Started "Atlas Shrugged" from Ayn Rand a few days ago ... I've been told it is a must but I must say I will take some time to get to the end :)

Dameron and Invictus like this.
  19. stmorand

stmorand New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $97
    Jiddu Krishnamurti or the philosopher who will help one to follow his/her dreams, dealing with other's influence and learning to ignore it. Amazing man.

20. Andreas Thiel

Andreas Thiel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $535
    "Liferay in Action - The Official Guide to Liferay Portal Development"

Published in 2011 ... guess I am late to the Party :-/ ... but this is something that I am planning to apply.
    Plus, they have been confirmed as Leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant recently.

Next on my reading list is "Modern Java In Action - Lambda, streams, functional and reactive programming".

Both should be relevant for my new job AND my side projects.

stmorand likes this.
  21. Dubidu

Dubidu Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $892
    At the moment I'm reading "A House for Mr Biswas" by VS Naipaul - he died recently and I wanted to read this book for a while so it reminded me. It's fiction obviously and I'm starting to appreciate the role fiction has in creative thinking/stress management (ironically) because non-fiction especially before bed-time tends to make my mind whirr.

I haven't read The 10 X Rule but I was thinking over the weekend about this video by Tim Ferriss
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kD_NperbrE
    (don't know if he's revered or loathed in equal measure on this Forum).

I understand how he says you need to ask "why?" a lot to break down what you are doing right/wrong/get metrics in place but what if you've done everything you can think of and your results are barely 1.5x never mind 10?! Have I missed something in what he's saying? I don't understand it. Also is the 10 X Rule book essentially the same thing - if so, I might read that in case it expands more on Ferriss's theory.

22. KeithWallace

KeithWallace Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $172
    I
    Isn’t that the book that the first Bioshock game is based on?

23. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $13,033
    There’s a lot to be learned about business from Ayn Rand. She’s a big time libertarian which is roughly in line with the views of this forum.

(Some people might deny that, but that’s definitely true)

And from what I understand Bioshock was a critique of Atlas Shrugged. More so painting a caricature of it rather than something the original author would agree with.

24. Tiago

Tiago Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,388
    Straight Line Leadership by Dusan Djukich. Incredible book with powerful distinctions for you to have a straight-line life.

Xeon likes this.
  25. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,846
    Recently read Essentialism - all about cutting out the clutter and focusing only on those things that fit your vision and move the needle.

I'll be coming back to this book regularly. Highly recommend.

[​IMG]

maverick, DVU, Xeon and 3 others like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.