The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
I used to read Trump books but they were more autobiographies of himself than actual business advice or tactics.

I just finished the Richest Man in Babylon and it was awesome. Today I also finished Zero to One Million but I didn't really like it. It was way more fluff and was more like a combination of Rich Dad Poor Dad and Think and Grow Rich together.

"Internet Riches" and "Guerilla Marketing for Writers" are getting mailed right now while I finished the 4 hour work week. Timothy Ferriss is the man!

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris

If you haven't read this book do what you can do to read it ASAP. This book defines Fastlane. Its probably the best book I have read in several years - and I read atleast 30 books a year.

My good friend swears by this book and he is in the middle of jump starting his clothing label.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Guerrilla Marketing For Writers (Jay Conrad Levinson)
and The Naked Gentleman (Sally MacKenzie),
my usual mad mix of business and romance.

Guerrilla Marketing For Writers had a few good tips in it
but it is a library read, not one for the keeper shelf.
Some advice was dated
(difficult to keep a tactics book current).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dreb

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 28, 2008
Rule #1 by Phil Town - A simple look at the timeless Value investing. I have also read the intelligent investor, rule #1 does manage to simplify the value investing approach. It also provides some tools and methods to manually work out which stocks to invest in.

Overall good approach.

------------------
http://www.smartmillioniaresguide.com

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Rule #1 by Phil Town - A simple look at the timeless Value investing. I have also read the intelligent investor, rule #1 does manage to simplify the value investing approach. It also provides some tools and methods to manually work out which stocks to invest in.

Overall good approach.

------------------
http://www.smartmillioniaresguide.com

I thought that was a link to a book site or something, but now I see it on both your posts and it's not even an active link. Poor excuse of a sig pimp attempt or what? You wouldn't be trying to put fake meat in my mouth now would you? Explanation please!?!

msa1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 27, 2008
West Bloomfield MI
I used to read a book evry week or so. Lately I havent done that much reading. I'm half way through "Chain of Blame" and I just got "Trump University Investing in Commercial RE" for Christmas. Cant wait to start that one but I have to finish my other one first.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Currently reading:

How to Win Friend and Influence People (I think this book is life changing)

and

Investing in Real Estate for Dummies (Australian edition)

How to Win Friends and Influence People is in my top 5 favorite books of all time. My only regret is that I didn't read it sooner; the title turned me off--felt too contrived. An absolutely amazing book, and honestly after reading it and applying the concepts, I think I am a better person because of it.

JM86

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 27, 2009
New Jersey
When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long Term Capital Management by Roger Lowenstein. It's the story of a hedge fund made up of a dream team of mathematicians and investment bankers that got real big in the 90s and eventually tanked big time. Interesting so far and well written.

Ulysses by James Joyce. This book is amazing. It's not related to business or the fast lane but definitely worth reading in my opinion.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Just finished- Selling the Dream by Guy Kawasaki

Now reading- Every Business Is A Growth Business by Ram Charan and my personal favorite: The Top 10 Distinctions Between Millionaires and the Middle Class by Keith Cameron Smith(gonna read for the 3rd time this weekend :smxB: and will hopefully read his other "Top 10 Distinction" Books soon)
Soon to read: Zero to One Million... by Ryan Allis, Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat by Michael Masterson and The Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Currently reading the four hour workweek. Not ecactly as I imagined but didn't really know what to expect either. Interesting how the author finds a way to escape meetings and most responses can be answered over email which is true. A lot of meetings really don' have a point but I think some people like to hear themselves talk.

Tom

msa1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 27, 2008
West Bloomfield MI
tchandy,

I just bought Four Hour Work Week yesterday. It was highly reccomended on this site so I look forward to reading it. I'm half way through a Buffett biography now and I found a copy of Art of The Comeback online. It should be here (hopefully) today.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Well let's see, the library delivery guy just rang the bell (this is FREE!!! mind you, can't believe it!) and.....

I have The Emyth Revisited (what an idiot, I own this lol; I guess that's my clue for a reread ) and Getting Everything You Can Out Of All You've Got, by Jay Abraham.

---21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition. Looking forward to this one.

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
I was reading The ultimate sales letter by Dan Kennedy.

Then i picked up Getting everything you can out of all you've got by Jay Abraham and i haven't put it down yet.

Man, i highly reccomend this book. Since im still new not many people will take my word for it. But this is an awesome book on Selling.

I have never heard of the author before buying this book, but now im a customer for life.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
The Forgotten 500, its about downed airmen in WW2. Now that school is in, I'm slowing down on a lot of reading. I have case studies about Walfart to read, yeah!

I'm looking for a good fantasy series to sink my teeth into, something thats not a manga I'm following to many of those as it is. Nothing has struck my fancy though.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
The E-Myth Revisited - Michael Gerber - 9/10

How To Win Friends And Influence People - Dale Carnegie - 10/10

The Greatest Salesman In The World - Og Mandino - 9.5/10

How To Get Rich - Felix Dennis - 8/10

Mavericks At Work - William Taylor and Polly Labarre - 8/10

7 Habits Of Highly Effective People - Stephen Covey - 9/10

Some useless "Principles of Accounting" University textbook - I found out I'd rather watch paint dry than reading college textbooks ==> -9/10

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
Currently reading:

How to Win Friend and Influence People (I think this book is life changing)

My brother graduated with a history major but still landed a financial insurance job. He beat out a bunch of recent graduates who had financial degrees. He gives a ton of credit to this book.

spb1024

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 4, 2009
FL & NY
Before You Quit Your Job - RK

How To Win Friends & Influence People - Dale Carnegie

Hold'em Wisdom For All Players - Daniel Negreanu

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
"The Richest Man in Babylon", George Clason (listening to it rather than reading, NetLibrary, free through my town library)

Basic take away pay yourself a minimum of 10% of what you earn and live with-in your means (70% of income, 20% debt)

Has some solid time tested wisdom conveyed in the setting Babylonian times.

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
I'm currently reading "How To Get Rich" by Felix Dennis.
So far I love it, as he is brutally honest.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Just Finished: Internet Riches by Scott Fox
Currently Reading: The Art Of The Start by Guy Kawasaki
Just Bought: RDPD by Robert Kioysaki (Finally, after all I've heard about it)

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

Think Big and Kick a$$ by Trump and Bill Zanker

Start Your Own e-Business by McGarve (old library book)

How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis

Next:

Internet Riches by Fox

The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Keller

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads