• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by ChrisV, Sep 6, 2018.

1. natew

natew Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $640
    I have just started reading Newsletter Ninja by Tammi Labrecque. It’s about managing one’s email list as an author.

I’m also reading Rock Your Business by David Fishof, who created a rock and roll fantasy camp.

Xeon likes this.
  2. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,180
    Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson.

3. Rawseed

Rawseed Legendary Lurker Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,060
  4. stmorand

stmorand New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $82
    For some reasons, I didn't see your answers, sorry for the delay.

I don't know much about Bioshock but I read there are several books somehow answering to "Atlas Shrugged". In France, the book known as the french translation of "Atlas Shrugged" is actually the translation of another book called "The strike". This confusion is part of what gave me the will to read this book!

Anyway, I didn't finish it but it is still part of my morning readings

Xeon likes this.
  5. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,180
    Just finished reading Kevin O Leary's "Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women, and Money: 50 Common Money Mistakes and How to Fix Them".

Overall decent book. The book is all about saving and scrimping, and Kevin discourages you from buying certain things like cars. He also talks about whether one should waste the $ to go college, and how you should invest only in stocks that pay you a dividend monthly, how to avoid gold diggers, teaching kids the importance of saving money, and overall, do not spend on unnecessary crap, and a big section on not buying things on credit because the interest will kill you over time (ie. if you can't afford it, don't buy it. Just don't buy on credit)

It also has a section which runs along the same tune as one part in Unscripted, which is do not spend more just because you're making more (ie: making $4 million a year and blowing $3 million on trash just because "you can").
    He also talks about why one should not mix $ with emotions.

From the book, I can see that Kevin is a scrooge, miser and penny-pincher, but here's the thing : I love his beliefs towards money and I aspire to scrimp like him. To be the Ultimate Miser.
    The book complements Unscripted very well : scrimp and save, then funnel all the $ to your business to make even more money, then scrimp and save more, repeat, and occasionally pamper yourself to something you like once in a while.

Currently reading The Luxury Strategy after reading about it in the Luxury thread here.

6. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,429
    :thumbsup:

@smark

Xeon likes this.
  7. bilkar1985

bilkar1985 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $334
    I'm reading UNSCRIPTED by you know who.. :blush:

SamuelMazzotta and MJ DeMarco like this.
  8. Aunt Clyde

Aunt Clyde Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $108
    I read it a long time ago. It changed my life. But it's no quick read.

stmorand likes this.
  9. Kyle T

Kyle T Aspiring Super Hero Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,806
    Ultimate Sales Machine

Enjoying it so far!

The emphasis seems to be an expecting the unexpected and so that you (and all of your employees) have systems in place to handle any selling or customer service situation.

Will update once I am finished.

10. BrunoRastablasta

BrunoRastablasta Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Currently at Unscripted.

Btw, do you guys have any systems for readings books or any major obstacles when it comes to reading (like no time for it, the book gets boring, can't read daily etc.)

Xeon likes this.
  11. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,429
    I posted this a while ago, which I think you’ll find helpful.

How to read 1-2 full books per day. No, seriously.

I probably should have totaled it differently because while you could read 1-2 books a day with the method it’s really really unlikely. More like 3 per week depending on how much time you have.

I’ve settled on an app called Voice Dream Reader in which you load your text and the app converts it to audio and reads it.

fortu1992 likes this.
  12. BrunoRastablasta

BrunoRastablasta Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Tried audio and even video format books once (guy narrating while I see him on Youtube) - just doesn't work for me.

So I am back to original reading (like sit down and read :p ). So really curious what kind of problems people have with this because I have a system for reading which I use and it helped me read 47 books in a year by reading only 20 pages a day.

Thinking of monetizing this... :)

13. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $12,429
    Honestly, if a book is boring me, i just put it down. A boring book is my unconscious mind telling me ‘this info isn’t useful to you'

Tommo likes this.
  14. Aldous Acker

Aldous Acker New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    I am at present perusing "Think and Grow Rich. By Napoleon Hill.This book spur me how to gain cash and wind up rich.

DB2803 likes this.
  15. SRathwell

SRathwell Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $172
    I am currently reading (listening) to Quiet by Susan Cain.

This book is an eye opener for me. I always knew that I was an introvert but always thought of it as something was wrong with me. This book has changed my outlook on introversion, now I see that it is normal and can even an advantageous in many critical situations.

The book teaches how to be effective as introvert in a world that is dominated by extroverts. I recommend this book for everyone, but especially for someone who thinks they are an introvert and want to learn how to leverage it in business and in life.

16. Kris Eire

Kris Eire New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $77
    Hi,
    I'm currently reading "Dollars flow to me easily" by Richard Dotts. I have to say that this book changed me a bit.
    It is not a book about money but more about your attitude to money, life. Basically, if you keep experiencing lack of money, you focus all the time on it. In the end, you still have nothing.
    Your subconscious mind gives you what you are looking for. The idea is that you already have everything you ever wanted, but you can't see it now.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    vadotic and Xeon like this.
  17. EarlOfChina

EarlOfChina Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $1,189
    Xeon likes this.
  18. jpanarra

jpanarra Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,189
    100$ Entrepreneur, Reading this again (i've read several books regarding entrepreunership and the more i continue on my journey, i find that I find new nuggets by revisiting books)

Xeon likes this.
  19. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $79,076
    How To Be Rich, J. Paul Getty

Xeon likes this.
  20. LPPC

LPPC Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $924
    Some interesting books mentioned here.

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Got to balance the stress from entrepreneurship out with some inner work!

21. topherea

topherea Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,068
    Principles

Attached Files:

SamuelMazzotta and Xeon like this.
  22. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,458
    I'm currently reading MJ's second book, UNSCRIPTED.

I suppose there's no need to post a description here... that would be preaching to the choir!

ValueGenerator, ChrisB7 and Xeon like this.
  23. idit

idit New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $7
    "Think and grow rich" / Napoleon Hill , the #2 time already... Full of inspiration.

Xeon likes this.
  24. Xeon

Rep Bank:
    $9,180
    Just finished reading 2 books in the past few weeks and about to finish the 3rd one tomorrow.

1) StoryBrand : This is the book to get if you're heavily into branding. The concepts taught in the book are very similar to the kind of abstract and philosophical "hard-to-get" concepts written by rpeck90 here. The book is very highly actionable; they've "worksheets" for you to fill in with your branding concepts for your company. By the end of the book, you'll basically have a very streamlined and clear branding direction for your business and where you want to take it etc.

2) Visual Hammer : This book talks about the concept of the Visual Hammer and Verbal Nail in marketing. I will definitely be going back to read this one again next week. The idea is that marketing in the world focuses too much on the written word even though humans can remember images way better.
    Basically, a Verbal Nail (what you intend your brand to be about and what it stands for) + Visual Hammer (the type of imagery customers associate with your brand) = Extremely powerful brand almost invulnerable to competition.
    On every single page, the author throws about 1 - 4 different companies as examples. So choke full of examples that my mind is in a mess now. F*ck. I've never seen a book like this. It exposes a lot of new concepts which I've never thought of. The best thing is : the author boldly criticizes a whole ton of companies, what they did right and what they did wrong. This is rather unusual for a book as most authors usually refrain from talking about the bad points of how Company A did X amt of things wrong and what they could have done better.
    Note, the term "Visual Hammer" doesn't necessarily refer to logos or icons in the book.

3) The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing : Another really good book. Written by Al Ries (Visual Hammer is written by his daughter) in the same style : critiquing a ton of companies in the world and how we can learn from them. I feel if one takes the lessons in the book to heart, one can really go far with branding. One section about quality vs branding makes me realize that quality is not everything.

IMO, I would rate all 3 books 5 stars.
    I've now become a fan of Al Ries and will be reading more of his and his daughter's books.

Zhyna, baemes, ValueGenerator and 4 others like this.
  25. RayAndré

RayAndré Dare to differ. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,483
    "Delivering Happiness"
    * I recommend it :)

Xeon likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.