The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 01-Jan-24

1) What will make you happy with progress this week?

2) What are you doing to make a sale this week?

3) What are you not doing but should be?

4) Who will you help this week?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 08-Jan-24

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia

1) Getting my first sale online.

2) In order to get my first sale I need to figure out three questions and implement the solution to them:
2.1) How do I get more views on my product?
2.2) How do I get more clicks from the views that I got?
2.3) How do I get a sale from the clicks that I got?

3) Finishing and delivering a project to my client. I can't stop working on the store and find time to finish the project, but at least the client still hasn't returned from his holiday vacation, so I have more time to implement the last features that he wanted me to improve.

4) Hopefully, someone here on the forum, and potentially the first customer of my store.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

My Books:

My full-length book is edited. Looks good. This week I'll have it back in for formatting. I plan to publish it with the workbook that is just about ready too. These are books for adults. I have another full-length book half written and I'm working on another low-content book to finish off this group.

I have the art scanned, cropped, and placed into the templates for 2 of the easy math activity books for kids. I have one more to go for the trio. I'm scrapping the graphic art elements out of the pages and putting them into my art library for future use. I'll be scanning, scrapping the graphic art elements, cropping, and dropping the art pages for #3 this week. I might even start tonight.

Off-site rehab project:
Installing the furnace and vent tree. Working on the intake and exhaust vents. Installing interior ceiling lights.

We're going to work on the interior for the rest of the winter.

Rental unit:
Rented one over the weekend and he moved in.

Working on changing all the furnace filters and checking the CO/smoke detectors. Did a couple more today. Just about done with all of them.

I have to go back into the coursework from the coaching service I hired for just a couple more things.

Sorcha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Dec 4, 2023
Great to hear all the progress from everyone!♥️

Previous Goals Achieved
1. Rented out the room that week, reduced my rent from €850 to €550 per month.
2. Finished reading: "The Art of Learning" by Josh Waitzkin, the chess player, incredible!

Goals this Week
1. Finish reading: "Peak" by Andrew Ericsson & Robert Pool.
2. Increase daily sit-ups of 30 morning reps to 2 sets of 30 reps morning and nighttime.
3. Declutter & clean apartment, then sell unused clothes, gadgets, etc, at Car Boot Sale on Sunday.
4. Buy a SumUp portable card payment device for a freelance Interior Designer friend, that she can bring to client homes during consultations. Small Investment into a business/helping someone improve their income potential.

Love hearing your Goal Achievements.
Will see you soon!
Stay Motivated.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Great to hear all the progress from everyone!♥️

Previous Goals Achieved
1. Rented out the room that week, reduced my rent from €850 to €550 per month.
2. Finished reading: "The Art of Learning" by Josh Waitzkin, the chess player, incredible!

Goals this Week
1. Finish reading: "Peak" by Andrew Ericsson & Robert Pool.
2. Increase daily sit-ups of 30 morning reps to 2 sets of 30 reps morning and nighttime.
3. Declutter & clean apartment, then sell unused clothes, gadgets, etc, at Car Boot Sale on Sunday.
4. Buy a SumUp portable card payment device for a freelance Interior Designer friend, that she can bring to client homes during consultations. Small Investment into a business/helping someone improve their income potential.

Love hearing your Goal Achievements.
Will see you soon!
Stay Motivated.
I post my goals every Monday on Andy Black's post. Tomorrow is the day. I'm amazed at what I get done every week.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 15-Jan-24

How did last week go?

What's your main goals this week?

My side...

Last week:
  • An eCom client signed up. I keep trying to stop doing it but it keeps coming through. I don't want to do PMax campaigns. Time to draw a line in the sand.
  • Another client gets loads of phone calls but can't report on which came from Google Ads, and which convert into revenue. Looks like I'll have to sort that for them.
  • A wedding hire / airport transfer client is getting lots of leads but can't convert them. We'll work on the landing pages and maybe setup some automated SMS replies in case they're not replying quick enough.
  • A Canadian business wants another call to discuss a short-term SKAG build out. We've already had 2 or 3 calls. I don't understand why they want another one so am currently avoiding replying till I decide what to do.
  • Posting on LinkedIn seems to be getting more engagement. I'll post something short per day and see if I can connect with Irish journalists and business influencers.

This week:
  • Build wedding car and airport transfer specific landing pages and forms.
  • Propose the client gets dedicated numbers for Google Ads calls or use CallRail and track them. Will have to figure out what CRM they use and how to track calls turning into orders.
  • Reply to the Canadian business. I may suggest €3k/mth or something and be either delighted they said Yes or delighted they said No. I'm wary of taking on too much.
  • Dial in LinkedIn posts that get engagement and reach, and also appeal to my target market.
  • Start a Google Ads campaign in the UK for wedding car hire / airport transfers and see if we can replicate the lead volume over there.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
Week Commencing Monday 15-Jan-24

How did last week go?

What's your main goals this week?

My side...

Last week:
  • An eCom client signed up. I keep trying to stop doing it but it keeps coming through. I don't want to do PMax campaigns. Time to draw a line in the sand.
  • Another client gets loads of phone calls but can't report on which came from Google Ads, and which convert into revenue. Looks like I'll have to sort that for them.
  • A wedding hire / airport transfer client is getting lots of leads but can't convert them. We'll work on the landing pages and maybe setup some automated SMS replies in case they're not replying quick enough.
  • A Canadian business wants another call to discuss a short-term SKAG build out. We've already had 2 or 3 calls. I don't understand why they want another one so am currently avoiding replying till I decide what to do.
  • Posting on LinkedIn seems to be getting more engagement. I'll post something short per day and see if I can connect with Irish journalists and business influencers.

This week:
  • Build wedding car and airport transfer specific landing pages and forms.
  • Propose the client gets dedicated numbers for Google Ads calls or use CallRail and track them. Will have to figure out what CRM they use and how to track calls turning into orders.
  • Reply to the Canadian business. I may suggest €3k/mth or something and be either delighted they said Yes or delighted they said No. I'm wary of taking on too much.
  • Dial in LinkedIn posts that get engagement and reach, and also appeal to my target market.
  • Start a Google Ads campaign in the UK for wedding car hire and see if we can replicate the lead volume over there.
Isn't it hard to have so many different clients in different niches and with different businesses at the same time?

How do you manage to not get too focused on one of them and therefore focus less on some other one? For example you find a very interesting idea you want to test for one of your clients, but as you are testing it, you notice that a lot of time has already passed and you know that you need to start doing work for other client, but you still haven't finished testing that idea and so you go on with testing the idea and once you are done with it you realize that you haven't done any work for the other client. Have you had moments like this, or maybe you know how to avoid this?

From the last week goals I managed to do almost everything. No success with getting the sale yet, so will continue trying this week.

My goals for the week:
1) Get the first sale online
2) Help someone on the forum

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Isn't it hard to have so many different clients in different niches and with different businesses at the same time?

How do you manage to not get too focused on one of them and therefore focus less on some other one? For example you find a very interesting idea you want to test for one of your clients, but as you are testing it, you notice that a lot of time has already passed and you know that you need to start doing work for other client, but you still haven't finished testing that idea and so you go on with testing the idea and once you are done with it you realize that you haven't done any work for the other client. Have you had moments like this, or maybe you know how to avoid this?

From the last week goals I managed to do almost everything. No success with getting the sale yet, so will continue trying this week.

My goals for the week:
1) Get the first sale online
2) Help someone on the forum
I have high-touch consulting clients where I'm still trying to dial it in or where there's ongoing project work, and low-touch clients where it's dialed in and in support/maintenance mode. I don't take on too many consulting clients, and the goal is to build a portfolio of low-touch clients.

I make sure to look at each consulting client's account each week. If I know I've not touched a few accounts then that's in the back of my mind and ensures I don't spend too long on any one. Also... I'm trying to chip away at each account, deciding what's the most important action to take, doing it, then letting it run for a week before analysing reports on Monday (which I'm about to do now).

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My books:
Last week I finished scanning and formatting the activity sheets for my 3 kids' math books and my two learning English books.

This week I will add a couple of pages. and get them ready to get them camera ready. I need to order the book covers from a graphics provider.

This week I will format my full-length book and my workbook. I need to order the other two book covers.

My rentals: I have two vacancies. Last week, I got a new flier made and this week I'll get more fliers posted.

I have a bunch of bookwork to get done.

My off-site rehab job: We're ready for the natural gas utility company to inspect the furnace we got installed last week. We're expecting their call today. This week we're working on the venting system for that furnace.

Last week, we got a window in a new section we built when we changed the roof line. This week we'll get that area insulated.

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 11, 2022
For some reason I wasn't getting notifications for these, but I think I am again now!

Last few weeks:
  • Shipped the first box that arrived with nothing broken, so I believe we've figured out how to do that
  • Called a few dozen caterers, and got some good initial interest
  • Made some great progress on crafting messaging for specific types of clients
This week:
  • One thing - Call at least 20 new caterers, and follow up with ones I've already reached out to
  • Send 3 more test shipping boxes to confirm we're ready to start offering shipping
  • Start thinking about physical marketing like door hangers in relevant neighborhoods
  • Start implementing all the low-hanging SEO fruit I've been reading about

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 22-Jan-24

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
FROM LAST WEEK:

1) Build wedding car and airport transfer specific landing pages and forms.
Got the wedding car page and form created but not the airport transfer page and form. The client got a bit ansy about the delay creating these. We were going above and beyond by doing these additional pages so I fired a shot back at him and will likely tell him to build the other pages himself going forward. My bad.

2) Propose the client gets dedicated numbers for Google Ads calls or use CallRail and track them. Will have to figure out what CRM they use and how to track calls turning into orders.
This is a different client. They use Hubspot. We'll figure out how to track click to call to client record and sale in their CRM. We're spending more time than I'd like fixing client business problems. Again, my bad.

3) Reply to the Canadian business. I may suggest €3k/mth or something and be either delighted they said Yes or delighted they said No. I'm wary of taking on too much.
I replied and they wanted a quote for a week's work but I pushed back on that. I'll politely decline so they can work out something else.

4) Dial in LinkedIn posts that get engagement and reach, and also appeal to my target market.
I was mulling this over last week. I get business from LinkedIn, but it's not directly from content I publish. It feels like a time suck and a hamster wheel. I also don't want to be a creator/influencer or get leads via "content marketing". From now on I'll post once a week on LinkedIn. It will show I'm still active and is for when referrals check out my timeline.

5) Start a Google Ads campaign in the UK for wedding car hire / airport transfers and see if we can replicate the lead volume over there.
This is what I should have done last week. Prioritising this for this week.

THIS WEEK:

Start a Google Ads campaign in the UK for wedding car hire / airport transfers and see if we can replicate the lead volume over there. I'll raise a task with my dev to built the page and form.

See 1) above. If we can generate leads of consumers looking for local businesses then I'll see if we can use those leads to signup a business.

Spending too much time on LinkedIn. I'll schedule one post a week and just log in and out once a day to check DMs.

Met my niece and her boyfriend Sunday over coffee. They want to figure out how to start making a bit of extra income on the side, with the goal to maybe work for themselves eventually. I explained why their idea for an app might not be a good direction for now. His mum sells cakes locally, mostly off Facebook I think. I suggested they see if they can help her sell more. If they want a website built for her I'll get that organised.

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia

Previous week
50% of the previous week goals were completed, but the hardest one still wasn't conquered, still no progress with getting a sale.

Getting the first sale or finding out what I have to change/improve to what I'm already doing in order to get the sale.

Trying to figure out how to increase the value skew of my product and creating a couple more variations of the product.

One idea I have in mind to increase the value skew of the product is to create a bundle of multiple variations of my products and price them cheaper than the price is combined if each of the variations would be bought separately, this way making this bundle seem like a good offer.

If this bundle strategy won't work, I will try to figure out what else can I add into my offer except for different variations of the same product, to increase it's value skew.

Focusing more on work while working rather than trying to figure out how to increase the value skew of my product to get the sale.

I will try to help out someone here on the forum again and I guess that's it as I don't really meet any people at all in physical world because of my schedule.

David Langley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 10, 2023

1) Doing 75 hard, so hitting all those daily tasks will make me happy on a personal growth level. On a personal level, I haven't spent more than 2-3 hours per week with my girlfriend since Christmas. Been working so much with the two jobs. I went to hers on Friday evening last week, ended up working until about 11pm. Need to be more present where I am, and if I am with her, actually be with her. So this week, going to prioritise 3-4 hours with her of no work, no screens. Just go for dinner and a nice walk. It's needed.

2) Don't have an offer to sell yet, will be working full-time on internship until 31st May. I'm taking this question to mean 'What am I doing to increase the probability of having a business that makes 60k+ by the end of college'. For increasing my probability, I am learning Web design. This week I want to get 2-3 lessons done on Udemy and FreeCodeCamp for HTML.

3) I have not been taking enough care of my mental and physical health. Been focusing on work, working 8am-9/10pm everyday except Sundays. I should be going to the gym more consistently and eating less (no) sugary shit.

4) Going to help the newly appointed CRO and CMO of the cybersecurity company where I am on internship. There has previously been no ICPs or buyer personas within the business. I am organising Jobs-To-Be-Done customer interviews and internal workshops to help us get a clearer picture of why people buy from us. Also going to help a lot of students in Ireland understand maths better, through teaching with the other company and through doing private grinds. Lastly, going to help my younger sister prep for her maths and economics exams, and help my girlfriend file her income tax return because she never done it before.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't have an offer to sell yet, will be working full-time on internship until 31st May. I'm taking this question to mean 'What am I doing to increase the probability of having a business that makes 60k+ by the end of college'. For increasing my probability, I am learning Web design. This week I want to get 2-3 lessons done on Udemy and FreeCodeCamp for HTML.
Hi David.

Maybe take that question literally. Learning doesn't pay the bills. Getting a client does. You can learn what's needed while you deliver for your client. That initial client could be free or low paid, like I suggested my niece and her boyfriend help his mum sell more cakes.

sebesto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 27, 2022
1) Design 5 key user journeys for my client's website and run 5 usability tests to conceptualize the MVP. We'll seek a WordPress web dev afterward. Websites for the songwriting niche feel strange, perhaps because it's a new sector I'm designing in. Not a reliable source of income just but if I do my best I'll have another real-world project under my belt selling a specialized skill.

2) Prospecting this Friday at an entrepreneur's meet-up to find people who need UX/UI services.

3) Work on my final year project at university. It's on using design to regulate AI instead of solely relying on legislation. I'll prototype a chatbot outlining the happy path users might take as a baby step.

4) My friend is launching his website for a venture-backed B2B AI start-up. He wants to understand the context his users might be in while they are browsing the website. I will help him prioritize the platform (e.g. mobile vs. PC) and key pages (e.g. pricing).

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 11, 2022
From last week:
  • One thing - Call at least 20 new caterers, and follow up with ones I've already reached out to
    • Didn't do because of turmoil at full time job. Good thing is I did what I needed to do there though!
  • Send 3 more test shipping boxes to confirm we're ready to start offering shipping
    • Sent! Still waiting for them to be delivered
  • Start thinking about physical marketing like door hangers in relevant neighborhoods
    • Talked to the coffee shop that sells our product at they're good with us doing this around their neighborhood
  • Start implementing all the low-hanging SEO fruit I've been reading about
    • I feel like I've finally knocked out all the basic SEO stuff I could find! It seems it's all about partnering with other businesses and PR now, so it's the slow, long game from here.

I'm out of town for my full time job this week, and that will take up all my time. Main thing I'd like to do is ask all of our recent orders for reviews.

Not much since I'm out of town. Should be for the last time with this company though!

Door hangers, calling caterers, and giving out product to office buildings. Next week that'll be my main mission every day.

Helping my company figure out what to do without me. Introducing my grandparents to my daughter!

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
My ONE thing this week is to implement a Tidy Room Routine/Habit.

Each day I'll spend MAX 15min to action these items -

Mon (today) - Vaccum the floor
Tue - Clear and organize surfaces (table, drawers)
Wen - Wipe down surfaces and dust
Thu - Tackle laundry and put things back in their place
Fri - Decluter, identify stuff to throw away/sell/donate
Sat - Change bed sheets and pillowcases
Sun - Relax and enjoy the tidy space

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This week on my books:
I have my full-length book in being formatted. I expect it back soon.

My rentals:
I had two vacancies last week. I've taken one off of the market for our son. He, his wife, and our grandchild are moving here this spring. I'm saving a place for them to live when they get here. We're very excited that they moving here to be close to us.

I have one vacancy left to get rented. I'll work on it again this week.

My bookwork for my businesses:

I got the receipt scanning just about up to date this last week. This week I have a bunch of dictation of construction notes to catch up. I've got a bunch of other stuff to get done.

My off-site rehab job:
Last week, we got the installation of the furnace approved by the utility company. Now we're building the venting system for that furnace. We should have heat in the downstairs in the next couple of days. That's important since the temperature in our area is sub-zero. We do have a gas log stove in the living room that is keeping things above freezing on the ground floor in the meantime.

Last week, we got a new staircase structure built leading to the second floor. This week we need to put in a handrail and work on starting the finishing the carpentry work. I want to put a reading nook under the staircase. I don't know if that is possible considering the support structure that will be necessary.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 29-Jan-24

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'll not do a big update this week as I'm straight into the thick of it. Maybe I'll do these on Sunday evening going forward.

Our 15 year old is on work experience with me for two weeks.
  • I already pay him to do some of our client weekly reports, and I'll train him up on some of the other clients where the report is a bit more complicated.
  • He's sitting next to me learning to create Google Ads campaigns for one of our clients, then how to do them in bulk using Google Sheets and Google Ads Editor.
  • Ideally he creates some SOPs next week so we can train up his 13 year old brother on the simpler reports.
  • I'll also get him to create and setup his own LinkedIn account.
  • And get him to copy/paste my Google Ads articles into a Google Drive and maybe schedule some of them to go out to my LinkedIn profile.
  • I'm taking him into a marketing agency in Dublin for three days next week. I know the owner and I'll spend time in there chatting to him and training/helping his Google Ads guy(s).

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Week Commencing Monday 29-Jan-24

Submitting the yearly books, and 10 sales via the website

Finishing the new website theme design to increase conversion and setting up an ad campaign to drive traffic

Paying taxes, no in all seriousness i should make a case against a supplier to get my money back for a very poor quality product. But these things take a lot of time and emails and i try to avoid it.

My nephew, I'm coaching his school football team for a tournament. Jose mourinho who?

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Appreciation to Andy for starting this thread.

Last week, my objective was to establish a new habit - devoting a MAX 15min daily to tidy my room.

The real value emerged when, despite tons of tasks still left to do, achieving my singular goal provided immense satisfaction. This success boosted my confidence and reinforced my commitment.

This week my one thing is to integrate email collection functionality for my products landing page. Also keep the tidy routine going, and redirect all my focus toward refining the app itself.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My books:
Have the one being formatted. I will order the other two book covers for it this week. Have the companion workbook just about ready to order the book cover. I want to publish them together. I'm starting to pin down my publishing date.

My rentals:
All rented up. I have the last tenant moving in later this week. I'll be doing their paperwork in the next couple of days.

News flash! -- got a call while I was writing this email. I can do their paperwork today and get it turned in to the housing authority! They are good to go. They can move in as soon as I get their papers turned in.

My off-site rehab project:
We got the furnace up and going for the downstairs last Friday. Now we need to insulate all the vents and get the vents run to the upstairs. When that's done, we can think about turning on the water. Another phase of the project is installing the drywall. The interior needs to be warm for that and for the mudding.

The new stairs to upstairs are built and in place. They need a railing.

The ceiling above the family room is framed out and insulated. That attic ceiling space is the new master closet area. I'll be figuring out that closet layout. It will need a bunch of drawer banks and shelves for storage, and rods to hang clothes. It will be a great selling feature for the house.

It's been -20 F degrees here, so we haven't been able to do anything outside. Human skin can get frostbite in 5 minutes in those temperatures. It's too cold to finish the front porch roof. But, it's warmer today and snowing.

Our daughter is pregnant with a little boy -- her third child. They are talking about inducing her labor this coming weekend. By next week we should have four grandkids all together, between our daughter and our son -- 3 granddaughters and 1 grandson.

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Hey everyone, I'll start this one off :)

My last weeks focus -
Landing Page: Added email collection (took few hours).
Tidy Habit: Skipped 4 days, this completely escaped my mind - moments where I briefly thought about it I was occupied with other tasks. What changed is this task wasn't explicitly in my List of stuff to do for the week.
App Development: Lots of progress! Added new features and polished existing ones.

This week -
My ONE task is to build a list of 15+ testers or 'kick off the testing phase'. I'll give them access to the app and will implement a process for receiving and storing their feedback. This will move me closer to my goal of publishing to Google Play Store.
Additionally I will to do some reading: Unscripted and Google Play Store materials.
Go for a walk in the Nature. And any preparations for the family trip which is next week.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey everyone, I'll start this one off :)

My last weeks focus -
Landing Page: Added email collection (took few hours).
Tidy Habit: Skipped 4 days, this completely escaped my mind - moments where I briefly thought about it I was occupied with other tasks. What changed is this task wasn't explicitly in my List of stuff to do for the week.
App Development: Lots of progress! Added new features and polished existing ones.

This week -
My ONE task is to build a list of 15+ testers or 'kick off the testing phase'. I'll give them access to the app and will implement a process for receiving and storing their feedback. This will move me closer to my goal of publishing to Google Play Store.
Additionally I will to do some reading: Unscripted and Google Play Store materials.
Go for a walk in the Nature. And any preparations for the family trip which is next week.
Thanks for kicking it off for
Week Commencing Mon 04-Feb-24.

It's a national holiday here so I missed creating a post Monday morning.

Last week, I focused on NOT doing things:

Said No to a few opportunities that don't move my business in the direction I want it to go.

Only manually posted once to LinkedIn. Two other posts were scheduled during the week. For this week I may not post at all.

This week:

I've a chat tomorrow with someone I've known for years who helps startups get funding. He wants to discuss local lead gen campaigns for a startup client of theirs who just obtained their initial round of funding. He had some agency pitch and he said it was "sickening". I'll find out what he meant tomorrow evening. This could be a good partnership.

A client who's Google Ads campaigns are generating lots of leads hasn't been able to convert many to sales. I don't know if there's much I can do, and I'm tempted to refund his payment for this month and leave him with the campaigns and for him to figure out his backend. I'd like to run these campaigns in the UK and see if I can find businesses that get value from the leads. That was a priority a few weeks ago but is less so at the moment.

I'd like us to create a good starter website template this week. We're creating something for a client and will use that for someone else too.

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Happy St. Brigid's day andy!
I'd like us to create a good starter website template this week. We're creating something for a client and will use that for someone else too.
Can you not just use the shopify themes?

Last week:

Submitting the yearly books, and 10 sales via the website,
Books took a lot more time since i forgot i had to do them for belgium too:happy: Website only got 3/10sales since i didn't run any ads and still used the old website design

Finishing the new website theme design to increase conversion and setting up an ad campaign to drive traffic.

Got some traction on amazon and focused on improving and adding products there instead. Got 18 sales and about 1k in revenue over there so not bad.

Paying taxes, no in all seriousness i should make a case against a supplier to get my money back for a very poor quality product. But these things take a lot of time and emails and i try to avoid it. Done, will get money back

My nephew, I'm coaching his school football team for a tournament. Jose mourinho who?

This was a lot of fun unfortunately i was more the mourinho of recent times and we didn't even make it out of the group stages

This week:

Got into another stupid legal conflict, i am speaking with my lawyer again tomorrow. I will just be happy if this gets resolved before the end of the week.

Same as last week since i did not focus on this: Finishing the new website theme design to increase conversion and setting up an ad campaign to drive traffic.

Filing for papers to be eligable to sell in germany again, paperwork boring.

Speaking with someone who im going to help fullfill his orders for, his volume is only about 10-20 packages a day and i have a good solution for him.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My books:
Found out the formatting on my 1st book didn't get started... so ordered it again last week. Hope to have it back by the end of this week.

Finished all my art panels that will anchor each page of another low-content book I'm working on. This weekend, got all that art dropped into the book template I made last week for it. This week, I started writing the rest of each page to go with the art graphics.

This week I need to order the book covers that go with the workbook that will accompany book #1. You can now do graphics in digital books, so I can do paperback, digital, and audible with that manuscript I hope.

My Off-Site rehab:
Got the furnace up and going last week for heat to most of the house. Still have some more vents to install for the upstairs this week. We have heat!!!!!

The front wall of the living room and upstairs are natural logs. The heat in the house allowed us to chink up the inside of those logs with a special caulk this weekend.

We're adding insulation in areas where we can feel the cold coming in. We should be in pretty good shape by the end of this week. I don't know if we can turn on the water this week or not.

Last week got the ceiling joist installed in the area where we raised the roof. Got the plywood on the floor and the insulation installed. Part of the area will be the attic and most of it will be the master closet. I need to draw a floor plan for drawer units and clothing racks in that closet. Maybe I can get that done this week.

My Rentals:
I'm all rented up as of last week. I had new people move into the last vacancy on 2/1. But, I did get a 30 notice on one of the rentals. So, I let our housing authority know that it will be available on the 1st of next month -- since that unit qualifies for their program.

It's been -20 F here for a lot of the last 3 or 4 weeks. Today it's warmer and snowing. We got 6" of snow over the weekend, so it's warmed up some. This cold snap since Christmas has tested our weatherproofing efforts. We did pretty good. We had some problems, but it could have been much worse.

Last Friday I got a spreadsheet done on the water system that serves my tenants. I hope to get it approved by the State engineer this week. I don't know. It's a State agency and they always want more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.