The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Every morning I wake up and this is what I see.

About 2 hours are dedicated to habits that move the meter on my life, from health to business.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 11.11.06 AM.png

All of these are habits that I do daily.

This is how I win my week.

And this is how I win my month.

And the year.

And life.

Notice, I'm not focused on some esoteric goal next year.

I'm focused on the day and the week.

It's not rocket science.

Do what needs to be done, and the rest falls into place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 25-Mar-24

1) What will make you happy with progress this week?

2) What are you doing to make a sale this week?

3) What are you not doing but should be?

4) Who will you help this week?

5) What are you doing that you should NOT be doing?

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Week Commencing Monday 25-Mar-24
We're already nearing April... Bloody hell.
Successfully completing my 3 day flipping trip.
The 3 day trip, cross-posting items to flip across several platforms.
My agency has more or less fully shifted to PPC/SEO/App Dev.
The time for me to revisit and update the processes within my agency is coming fast. At this point, I've decided to officially hire an operations manager, but I've chosen to hire someone US-based. I've made a few job postings and have received decent results.

I should be going through said results, and reaching out to schedule interviews. I may end up scheduling Zoom interviews while I'm on the road.

Furthermore, my first TCG app will be releasing in a few months, so we really need to start marketing it fully.
I am hoping to drop my thread for tech newbies this week. Hopefully it's good enough to qualify as "help."
Probably flipping, tbh.

It's fun, I love it, and I've been making obnoxious profits off of it. Unfortunately, however, I know it isn't sustainable, and I know it's ultimately not the direction I'd like my life to go.

I believe refocusing on my agency and my TCG company would benefit me immensely. Truth be told, I think after spending the last ~5 years straight grinding, flipping is, in a way, my version of giving myself a vacation.

Cheers.

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 24, 2021
England
This week -
Finish Documentation: there's few outstanding bits still needing work!
Get 15 Testers: I have 4 so far, will get 15 this week.
Feedback + Prep for Release: reading and actioning user feedback to get the App to Googles Play Store for next week.

Getting myself free time. This week im taking time off regular job for a week to focus on biz + it's Easter.

3) Who will you help this week?
I'm making new connections this week so it'll be interesting to see!

4) What are you not doing but should be?
I would like to wake up earlier to see what my productivity is like in the mornings.

Getting stuck on this question for too long, haha!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My books:

Working on getting reviews on the ones published. Got the next one just about ready to publish.

Got to write the blurb for the back of my kids' Math Activity books this week. I have the cover chosen.

Have 2/3rds of my first book recorded and edited for Audiable. I have learned how to dictate it, make the notes in the manuscript to prompt my edits, and then edit the recording. And I can join the different recordings to make my master file. Inch by inch, life's cinch.

Rentals:

Everything is fine -- all rented. Turned down an offer to buy property Saturday. The timing is bad and I'm comfortable with things as they are. The prospective buy said to put him at the front of the line when I'm ready.

The plow truck is still down. We hope the driveline is finished today so we can pick it up. Spring is happening and things are starting to melt. We call this season "Break Up".

My off-site rehab project:

Working on the drywall and putting the gas-burning log stove into the family room. We'll need more parts to hook up that stove and the fireplace store is 60 miles away and 3 towns over. Oh well. I always wanted to make a trip today.

New business:

I am thinking about starting a new business selling stuff to gift stores for the tourist trade here in Alaska. I'm looking at it seriously. It's just for fun. I tried to do it 25 or 30 years ago, but now it is a lot more doable. I already have a lot of the moving parts I will need.

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
Every morning I wake up and this is what I see.

About 2 hours are dedicated to habits that move the meter on my life, from health to business.

View attachment 54860

All of these are habits that I do daily.

This is how I win my week.

And this is how I win my month.

And the year.

And life.

Notice, I'm not focused on some esoteric goal next year.

I'm focused on the day and the week.

It's not rocket science.

Do what needs to be done, and the rest falls into place.
I noticed that you are focused on making progress on a new book.

When will this book be published?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 08-Apr-24

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Week Commencing Monday 08-Apr-24

New Business

I'm working on a new business for the last couple of weeks. I feel like I'm crazy and too old to start something new. BUT, this is just for the fun of it. I'm using art I did 30 years ago for the basic graphics, and starting it all again. I've spent two weeks sitting at my drafting table with my paints, brushes, and ink pens. I've now gotta do the not-so-fun part of building a website and learning to use the new equipment I have ordered.

The difference now compared to 30 years ago is that I can use my color copier/printer for the artwork -- no offset printers and companies involved. I have room in my little office building to house it. I can afford to buy the equipment I need to get it all started. I don't have to live off of the income from it -- succeed or fail. I just finished a 5-year government contract, sold a side business a couple of years ago, and streamlined my property management duties. I'm still super busy, but it's better. I have people to help me with the workload. And there are no gatekeepers to tell me no this time.

We have an amazing tourist trade here in Alaska that I'm targeting. By selling my products, we can travel around the State and see people while writing the travel off my income taxes. My career was on the road in California and I loved it. I moved here after I retired and my feet have been tied to the ground with my residential rental business for the last 21 years. It's time to do something fun.

This week I'm negotiating for some new equipment for the new gig. And some that I ordered should be in. I need to start to learn how to use it all. I have a few more supplies to order.

I'm starting to set up a new client contact list. In Los Angeles, I would have bought my list. Here it's a start-from-scratch project -- no compiled databases available to buy. I have the basic database program on my computer. I need to get it all set up and start entering data. (But, last week I did determine what program I needed and I'm ready to rock and roll). I got a list of active business licenses in my target category from the State website. Now I need to look up each one on Google. Then I'll call and talk to the merchandise buyer at that business to qualify them for my prospect database.

My off-site rehab job:

We're doing drywall & mudding to get ready to paint the interior walls and ceilings.

We had the kitchen designer do a new plan for the kitchen. We're weighing her suggestions.

The snow is melted enough to frame in the windward side of the new front porch/arctic entry. I hope to get that framed in and ready for the clear plastic panels this week.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 17, 2024
1) What will make you happy with progress this week? Finishing the 3rd zone for the forest section of my game demo.

2) What are you doing to make a sale this week? Marketing on social media.

3) What are you not doing but should be? Omg I need to study animation more omggggg.

4) Who will you help this week? Hopefully a pier, with something similar to what I'm doing.

5) What are you doing that you should NOT be doing? Sleeping in. So much sleeping. I do have like three different health conditions that make me sleepy, but I still don't like that I sleep so much haha.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I noticed that you are focused on making progress on a new book.

When will this book be published?

I don't know.

I usually don't set dates or make announcements until the rough draft is finished.

Right now I'm about 50% done.

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Week Commencing Monday 15-Apr-24

This week -
Business: Get 3 active users on my app!
Health: Go to gym/swimming every morning! Been waking up at 5:30am compared to the usual 7am, which isn't as difficult as I imagined it to be.

Listening to sales audiobooks + experimenting with copywriting.

Restore my tidy routine! It's 5-10min a day.

I'll help the 3 users I'll get!

Maybe, going to the supermarket every day to cook food for myself. I like it, but it takes a lot of time. I will plan 2-3 days in advance and see how that works.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 15-Apr-24

This week -
Business: Get 3 active users on my app!
Health: Go to gym/swimming every morning! Been waking up at 5:30am compared to the usual 7am, which isn't as difficult as I imagined it to be.

Listening to sales audiobooks + experimenting with copywriting.

Restore my tidy routine! It's 5-10min a day.

I'll help the 3 users I'll get!

Maybe, going to the supermarket every day to cook food for myself. I like it, but it takes a lot of time. I will plan 2-3 days in advance and see how that works.
Thanks for starting this week off.

For "1) Get 3 active users" ... consider changing your goal from the outcome to the actions you need to do to get 3 active users. You can't really control whether you get 3 active users, but you can control the actions you'll take.

For example, maybe you determine/estimate that engaging daily in Facebook groups gets you into 2 DMs per day and 25% of those DMs result in someone becoming an active user. Then you'd get an active user every couple of days, so 3.5 per week. You've then determined your "solvable problem" (Get 3 active users per week by engaging in Facebook groups daily and getting into 2 DMs a day) and know what reps to put in.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Week Commencing Monday 22-Apr-24

I was gone last week. It was a great trip to the "Lower 48". I worked on my new art business while I was gone.

This coming week:

My new art business:

I've found some different ways to market it. I'm really excited. I've done and redone a whole bunch of art for signs, stickers, buttons, and patches. It's fun. I'm doing new copyrights on everything. Some of the art I'm redoing dates back to as early as 1994 -- that's 30 years ago.

I got my new 10-pin embroidery sewing machine set up. Now I must learn to use it to make patches. I need a new chair for the machine -- a drafting chair that will go tall enough. (Buying that will require a trip to Anchorage this week.) I'm giving up one of my AirBnB sleeping rooms at my office to have a place to house and work on all of this new stuff.

I have a new sticker cutting machine in. I must learn to use it. They say it will talk to the new sewing machine. I haven't proven it yet.

The button-making machines should be in this week. They will make buttons, refer magnets, and key chains in two sizes. That's another learning curve.

I'll use my wood shop to do some new signs. The wood for the signs will be slabs from our sawmill. I'll have to get some wood dried out and ready to use. I want to update and colorize a bunch of the past designs.

I'm just about ready to launch this new business. I will be renting a booth for our first show. I have to apply this week for the booth for the June show. And for the next one the following week. The reason for this step is to have face-to-face time with customers. That will tell us everything about how to create and direct the business.

I will also do some online and wholesale marketing. My direction will be toward our tourist market in the beginning. I'll need to build a new website and an online store. I've built websites before, so I can do it again. I've already bought the domain name, and qualified and joined the "Made in Alaska" group. I'm adding this new venture to one of my existing business licenses.

My books:

I published two and working on a few more. The ones published are being well received.

My rental business:

I almost have a guy who has just about moved out. I asked him to move. I'll call him tomorrow and ask if he is finished. I have an application for a new tenant for that unit.

That business is rolling along.

My off-site rehab:

I should have a bid on the kitchen cabinets this week. While I was gone, the guys got the kitchen ceiling joists reinforced with beams. We no longer need a post in the kitchen to hold up the second floor. It's now a clear space.

The interior drywall is just about finished. We've used almost 100 sheets of drywall so far. We should be painting the interior soon. Then we'll lay the bathroom floors and set the plumbing fixtures. I'll need to find the right vanities for the 3 bathrooms and the right cabinets with countertops for the laundry room.

The snow is melting and we should be up to daytime highs around 50 degrees. We will be able to work on the outside soon. We have some staining to do for the roof structures we've built and a bunch of siding and trim to install. We've replaced most of the windows. We only have a couple more to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.