The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I got fired yesterday. I'm going to get a new job by the end of the week. I will also see if I can collect unemployment.

Hopefully this will be the best thing to ever happen to you and light your fire. During COVID I ended up getting decent size government help and was one of the worst things to ever happen to me. There are no free rides and are consequences with long term assistance, try to bounce back as quick as possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 1, 2019
Hopefully this will be the best thing to ever happen to you and light your fire. During COVID I ended up getting decent size government help and was one of the worst things to ever happen to me. There are no free rides and are consequences with long term assistance, try to bounce back as quick as possible.
Yup nothing is ever free. I knew early on that my family wasn't too bright when they were saying things like xyz politicians promote free stuff...is it really free? Or are there strings attached?

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
Week Commencing Monday 18-Sep-23
  1. What will make you happy with progress this week?
  2. What are you doing to make a sale this week?
  3. What are you not doing but should be?
1. Getting my account reactivated
2. Researching the appeal process and trying a variety of methods
3. Maybe I can find a phone number of the seller that raised the complaint and try to speak with them

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 25-Sep-23

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
1. My account being deactivated
2. Starting on a second channel
3. Continuing to submit appeals

Wombat

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 11, 2022
Vic, AU
1. The kids are still on school holidays so I'm happy with making any progress at all this week. I've been able to complete last week's goals so I feel really good about that. Did a competitor analysis and attempted a prototype.
2. Too early to have sales
3. Given family commitments, I feel chill about my progress this week and won't be stressing. I see working on entrepreneurship as just part of my daily life now - there will be times of intense effort and times it is more back-seat to other things going on. As long as the needle keeps moving, I'll be happy.
This week I want to improve the prototype.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
1) Wrap up key features so that I can focus on making my webapp more presentable
2) I may make a video showing what I'm doing to see if I can generate more interest. Don't think I'll make a sell yet other than advertising my app building skills
3) I wasted a bunch of time the past month. This morning was a big step back on track. Made some decisions that were hanging me up trying to perfect something and just made something that would work for now instead of some hypothetical perfect feature

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
I've having some difficulties with making the website templates but when I figure it out, I will make more then figure out google ads

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 02-Oct-23

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
1. Getting my featured offer eligibility back and getting my ad accounts unblocked
2. Signing up for premium account support
3. Maybe looking for additional options to lower shipping costs and transit time to country 2

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Happy that I got all my products set up

I'm going to use Google ads to get a sale

I'm not learning other digital products that I can make to solve their problems

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This coming week:10/2-7/23

The natural gas company is replacing the trunk and supply lines on my property. It’s a huge job and we’ve been preparing for this for almost a year. They have now almost finished the actual work of laying the lines and we’re moving along on it.

Our rehab-flip project:

Last week: got a new center support beam installed in the basement under the center of the house. Also got the D log and rim joist installed at the bottom of the front wall next to the front door.

Got the basement walls to be sprayed with foam insulation. The basement is finished.

Got a bid from another roofer. He’s a flake. Waiting for the one we originally hired.

Paid off the concrete guy. He’s finished with the slabs.

This week we’re framing out the ceiling for the family room that is also the floor for the master closet space. And we’ll look for the exhaust pipe to install the two different gas log fireplaces – one in the living room and one in the family room. We need heat in the house. Hopefully we can get the natural gas turned on soon.

2. On the prior vacant rental -- The tenants are moved in and happy. The railing is done for the new deck including the gates in the railing for back door access. The back wall of the deck is framed out and ready for roof-to-floor plastic sheets to keep out the weather that comes in from that direction. When that plastic is installed, that rental is done-done. Next…

3. Our 2nd vacancy interior is move-in ready and the new tenant is moving in. We have the framing done for the new carport. The roofing metal was delivered on Friday so it should go up this week to finish that improvement.

The back porch/arctic entry has the sauna tubes poured for the supports. Last week we tore down the old porch. We can start on the new porch this week.

I rented that unit for $400 more per month than I was collecting from the prior tenant. Yeah!

4. Working on one more vacancy and getting it ready. The interior painting is just about completed. A new tenant is moving in this week. I was able to bump that rent $100 per month.

5. Two more units will be vacant this week, and maybe 3. It’s the time of year when people move around before they settle in for winter.

6. I signed up for a coaching program to do some writing and publishing. I’ve been reviewing the info provided. Now I’m vetting some book ideas. I’m concentrating on RE since that’s my field.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 09-Oct-23

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
Week Commencing Monday 09-Oct-23
1. Over 1k USD in profit for the week
2. Increasing listings with 'safe' brands, getting more info on country 2 restrictions
3. Doing competitor research to identify other safe brands, perhaps even automated research using my bot

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 16-Oct-23
  1. What are you working on?
  2. What's your "ONE THING" this week?

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
1. Expanding catalog, optimizing costs, investigating Amazon Ads
2. Expanding catalog

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Last week we were gone on vacation. Work was done while we were gone.

We were repairing a leaking roof before we left. The leaks were on a major seam in the metal. The repairs turned out to be good. It's a huge metal shed roof that only had a couple of minor remaining leaks when the men checked it this last week. They were corrected with some silicone. We had to replace a big master bedroom ceiling that had gotten wet and then paint the new ceiling materials. Done.

We're working on another vacancy. They pulled the living room carpeting and we're laying down sheet vinyl for the new floor covering. Should have that finished in a couple of days. We're painting the interior and cleaning the carpets in the other rooms. There's a lot of cleaning to do both inside and outside. I will substantially raise the rent from the last tenant when it is done.

We have a 2nd vacancy small unit. I hope to have it rented by the end of the week. I need to post it. I thought I had it rented when we left for our vacation. Oh well. It's better that he flaked before he moved in.

Got parts in for a kitchen range oven that wasn't working at one of the rentals. It was in my mail that I picked up this morning. The oven was repaired this morning and is now working. The tenant is happy.

I'd like to get some concrete sauna tubes poured for our on-site rehab project to build a roof. We might be able to do that in the next couple of days before the weather turns too cold to do concrete work. Then we can work on building the shed roof, handicapped ramp, and the Arctic entry even after it gets cold. Otherwise, we must put that project on hold until next spring. I was afraid it would be too cold to do the concrete work by the time we got home We'll see IF we can get the materials and get that project on the schedule.

I'll have to get a report on our off-site rehab project to make a project plan. Don't know where we are on that one.

We got 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night after flying in from the Lower 48 states and driving home from Anchorage. We were at work first thing this morning. This week I'm gonna need to catch up on some sleep. Mostly I just need to get my feet on the ground here at home and my head back into the game.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 23-Oct-23

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
1. Growing catalog, looking into ads, looking into country 3
2. Growing catalog

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Last week, I did paperwork. LOTS of paperwork. About 60+ hours of paperwork and I'm hard at it this morning. I swear those little pieces of paper have babies every night while I'm sleeping. It's like they've been taking lessons from mice or rabbits on how to multiply. And I have more of the icky stuff to do this week. I'd like to get caught up this week if that's a doable goal. LOL.

We got new sheeting and the roof put back together on one of the rentals last week. Today we're working on the transition between the two parts of the roof. We want to prevent ice dams and leaks between the two sections of the metal roofing materials.

Last week rented another unit. The people have moved in and seem happy.

We have one more vacancy that we're working on getting ready to rent again. The sheet vinyl floor coverings went down on the sub-floors over the weekend. Now we need to install the transition strips between the different drops of flooring material. The interior cleaning and painting are completed. I'm having the yard raked and cleaned. It should be ready to rent by the end of this week. That's right on time for first of next month.

The natural gas company has completed replacing the trunk lines on my property and the phone company is here this week and last replacing their trunk lines. When they are finished, we will have new trunk lines for the electrical services, the natural gas services, and the landphone lines. We should be good for years to come.
(Trunk lines are major service lines that split off to individual users. When they go bad, no one has service.) These companies have spent big bucks to take care of my services.

We're buttoning everything down for the winter. We're having hard freezes now and it's dark when I go to work in the mornings. Yesterday was downright chilly. Today should be warmer. All of the RV utilities are wrapped up and ready for the snow.

Our off-site rehab job is coming along. We picked up the exhaust pipes for the new gas log stoves that are going in the living room and the other in the family room. One is just about hooked up. My husband did the pressure test for the natural gas lines and made some repairs. I should be able to request the gas to be turned on by the end of this week and we should have heat in that house. That's a big deal in Alaska this time of the year.

I hired a coaching service and started to write a book. I'm talking to the coach again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is going. So far, the coach and I haven't seen eye-to-eye. I'll see how this session goes.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 30-Oct-23
What are you doing this week?

J Mutua

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Apr 21, 2023
Kenya
To start working with my web developer on building the database for our web based platform.

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
Setting up internet in my apartment and making waking up early a habit.

Having internet would allow me to work from home. Waking up early will let me to continue learning the needed web scraping skills I need to build my SaaS

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands
Prepare to launch 2 new products, they are expected to arrive this week, and i want to make sure that i can sell them straight away. So get the ads ready, work on the product videos, work on the design of the images and the copywriting, very exited.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Our one vacancy is just about ready to rent. I should be putting it on FB tomorrow. I do have one lady interested, but she hasn't turned in her app for it yet.

I have another one that the people are moving out of this weekend. So there will be another to get ready to rent.

The good part about these two rentals is that I'll be raising the rents on them substantially when they are rented again.

I took my sleeping rooms at my office and my summer season RV spots off of Airbnb yesterday. I've been thinking about it for a long time and I'm ready for a change.

Our off-site rehab job:

Got the natural gas turned on this last week. So, we have some heat in the house. Now we can hook up the well water in the house and install the pressure tank in the basement! This week we'll install the required bollards (steel posts) that go in front of the gas meter. The utility location teams should be here either today or tomorrow to make sure we don't hit anything when we dig the holes.

The roofing guy should start this week. We're changing the roofing line on the house and attaching a double carport to the side of the house. The concrete work is done and ready. This is very exciting! We already raised the old roof on the other side of the house over the single-car garage. That old garage space is going to be the family room off of the kitchen. And the attic space above it is going to be a huge master bedroom closet. This roof line change is the biggest exterior job we have to do.

The exterior is wrapped with Tyvek and ready for the new siding. I bought a bunch of the siding last week. We need to stain it and get it ready to hang on the exterior. The front is going to be sided with "live-edge" slabs off of our sawmill. I don't know how much of that we can get done before our snow comes. It's getting pretty cold and the days are getting pretty short here in Alaska. Winter is getting started.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 06-Nov-23

1) What will make you happy with progress this week?

2) What are you doing to make a sale this week?

3) What are you not doing but should be?

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Week Commencing Monday 06-Nov-23

1) What will make you happy with progress this week?
Learning more about facebook ads and launching new campaign for my bookstore

2) What are you doing to make a sale this week?
Run facebook ads and reach out to more people
3) What are you not doing but should be?
Buying a course on facebook ads and learning more about it

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 1, 2023
  1. A huge improvement in automation of catalog growth
  2. Dedicating time to making many ‘1% Improvements’
  3. Registering more accounts to expand my API capacity

Epynok

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 20, 2023
I do this every week with clients, and a few friends.

From the book "The ONE Thing":
  • What ONE Thing can you do that will make everything else redundant or easier to do?
  • If you don't know what your ONE Thing is, then figuring it out is your ONE Thing.

Let's go...

Week Commencing Monday 14-Nov-22
What's your "ONE THING" this week?

EDIT: Thread title changed from "What's your ONE Thing this week?" to "What will you do this week?"
Have to do lots of school stuff by Wednesday.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.