The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 11, 2022
Getting back to this:

1) What will make you happy with progress this week?
  • Ask for reviews for all orders from January
  • Start off well at the market this weekend

2) What are you doing to make a sale this week?
  • Pop-up tomorrow, market this weekend
  • Asking for reviews
  • Finalizing our overall company message to start putting everywhere

3) What are you not doing but should be?
  • Hitting up caterers. I'm finishing up my last few weeks full time at my job, and I'm struggling to find the energy to keep up with outreach and follow-up it'll take to start executing on this.

4) Who will you help this week?
  • Try to get to volunteering at church food bank Thursday. We gave a bunch of specialized product to friends tonight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 12-Feb-24

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Last week -
App: I've began the testing phase, showing my app to one of my closest friends for the first time, they provided feedback, from which I decided what to focus on.

I decided to first action their feedback before I show the app to more people, I feel the first impression is extremly valuable if listened.

One of the developers who volunteered as cybersecurity tester asked me if they could add this as their job experience on linkedin, I ended up making a company page which made them happy.

This week -
Trip: I'm writing this as I'm on my way to the airport; will be in another country in few hours, staying there this week!
Reading: Finish 'Unscripted ' and more progress on 'Extreme Ownership'.
App: Use it, show it, redesign a solution to one area of the app which is still confusing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
PSA or FYI...

GoalSumo.com now allows you to set a Weekly Goal Focus, essentially a "What one goal will you accomplish this week?"

So now our service is optimized to help you WIN THE DAY and WIN THE WEEK.

If you take care of those two things, your odds of WINNING THE YEAR likely goes up 1000%.

1707758918509.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
PSA or FYI...

GoalSumo.com now allows you to set a Weekly Goal Focus, essentially a "What one goal will you accomplish this week?"

So now our service is optimized to help you WIN THE DAY and WIN THE WEEK.

If you take care of those two things, your odds of WINNING THE YEAR likely goes up 1000%.

View attachment 54197
That's great! I'll add a note to the opening post.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 19-Feb-24

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 11, 2022
  • Getting access to a new commercial kitchen that will give us far more capacity
  • Decide what I can be working on while I finish out full time at my job

• If week at work isn't crazy, could start calling caterers again
  • Farmer's market this weekend

• Calling potential partners

• Buy some food for my church's food pantry

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Heya, I'm back home!

App Development: I want to finish everything NOW thats still outstanding on my part.. rebuild one area which is confusing, add interactive chart.
App Publishing: Send enquiries to people in this niche for app feedback.
Reading: Still reading Unscripted .

App Publishing: Making a list of hot leads and drafting a feedback enquiry msg.

Progress & Control: I feel I'm too slow, not doing enough, fear I miss opportunities to help because of my self-doubts and lacks, fear that I'm stuck in my comfort zone... because everything I do started to feel like a comfort zone.

There's a few people I have in mind who I'll talk with.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Week Commencing Monday 12-Feb-24

I know that the week is half over, and what a couple of weeks I have had:

My books:
I'm publishing 2 books on March 12th, both paperback and digital. One is a full-length book and the other is a workbook that goes with the first one. Getting through the KDP site has been a real challenge. Once I know the system, it will be easier in the future. I also have 3 math activity books for kids ready to go as well. I'll drop the hammer on them really soon. I just need the book covers made.

My rentals:
All rented up, but we do have a vacancy coming up on the 1st.

It was very cold here for about 3 weeks. Stayed under 0 F during the daytime and -20F at night. We had some problems, but it sure could have been worse.

Then, a series of warm storms came through. We're 1 mile from the Pacific Ocean. Two days ago, it rained on all of this ice. Talk about slick so I had to call out the sanding truck for the roads! And it got up in the low 40s and our roads turned to slush yesterday. UG! But, it froze again last night with a sprinkling of snow on top of the ice. Slick, slick, slick. Even the big commercial trash truck couldn't come for their usual pick-up runs.

Spring will come.

Off-site Rehab Job:
Got heat!!!!! The central furnace is working like a champ and the venting is run throughout the house.

The water system inside of the house is turned on along with the on-demand water heater. Now we must get ready to hook up the bathroom fixtures to the system. We have a couple more steps before we can set the fixtures in the 3 bathrooms -- including setting the vanities and installing the flooring. The showers and master tub are in place.

The kitchen is gutted right now. We'll do the drywall thoughout the house and then I'll get the cabinets for the kitchen with the fixtures. We've decided to use a post in the middle of the kitchen to support the second floor master bedroom. We've installed a beam on the kitchen ceiling that runs through the middle of the room. The post will connect to the beam and be located at the edge of the kitchen island. The post is visually less intrusive than our original plan to put in a floor-to-ceiling bookcase to gain that structural support.

The roof extension over the front porch is finished. Under that roof, we have a deck for the second floor with a porch/arctic entry on the ground floor for the living room front door.

All the roofing work I've contracted for is now finished -- the roof on the old single garage off of the kitchen is raised and that space is now the new family room. The attic space above it is the new huge walk-in closet for the master bedroom. The roof line where the two parts of the house come together is rebuilt resulting in a nice transitional sunny area between the two parts of the 2nd floor. It will make a great sitting/reading area with lots of light for plants. We've added a double carport with access to the new front porch/arctic entry for the front door and access to the kitchen door.

It's a completely different house from the shell with which we started. When I bought it, I wasn't sure if we could save it or if we were going to have to tear it down.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023

Connecting with someone new for business. I do have a friend to talk to about business, but to only be able to talk to one person about being an entrepreneur is quite limiting.

I am in the midst of publishing my first book, but most importantly,
getting into SocialMedia and Email marketing.

Though I am not primarily interested in making income with the book but rather use it to offer value to clients, I will be advertising the book's release on every SocialMedia. This ties into the next point:

SocialMedia marketing. I do have topics I want to get done, but like with the website, it is only minimally more functional.
I am simply refining, which takes too much time with little to no improvement on the system itself.

Understanding SocialMedia marketing is for me of highest importance, especially due to personally not being on the plattforms, meaning the amount of possibilities for learning new skills is tremendous.

Depending on who needs it, I offer my support. Helping with and building a website for a friend's product is an ongoing process. Glad to convert more people to taking the steps to fulfillment!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 26-Feb-24

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 11, 2022
  • Finishing a bunch of new messaging on our website, which is getting more traction
  • Going to the market and continuing to upgrade it
  • Calling caterers
  • Not sure, need to keep my eyes peeled!

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Health: A cold hit me last week which completely messed up my plans, this week I'll keep putting in processes to make my body healthier; attention to food, morning exercise, keep going with cold showers, booked an appotiment with a doctor for check up bcuz self medicating for about a month has not achieved the desired result.

App Development: Create a tutorial for my app, this will help new users to quickly pick it up.

App Publishing: I'll look at competitor ads, and draft few personal ideas of how to advertise my app.

Keeping tidy routine going, focusing more on others.. staying mindful. Getting my app into playstore.

Finishing Unscripted !

We will see!

Good luck everyone!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 26-Feb-24

• Unhitch from a few clients where it's not a good fit.
  • Switch weekly reports to point to the new automations setup by @uhhfeef (as per his progress thread). (Thanks @uhhfeef.)
  • Switch to daily reports for main consulting clients.
  • Reply to people who reached out a few weeks ago and I didn't get round to replying to!
  • See 3. above.
  • Various grown up kids of family friends are interested in setting up a business, ideally digital.

Bonus question:

5) What are you doing that you should NOT be doing?
  • Logging into LinkedIn too much. I'm posting less which is good, but I don't want to even log in and doom scroll daily.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Anytime Andy!!

• Reaching out and connecting to more sales focused people that are already in this industry
  • Collabing with them
  • Having 1 to 1 conversations with business owners on LinkedIn
  • Getting in front of more business owners
  • Andy for his daily report automations
  • Make life easier for my manager at my day job by automating reporting
  • A friend to help understand how to think with an automation mindset

Bonus question:

• Being indecisive and not taking action about 2.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My books:
I wanted to start on the audio portion last week. I failed to buy the cords to hook the new mics up to the mixer. And they aren't available where I live. So, I ordered them. Hopefully, they'll be here this week. I must download the computer program. I found a couple of podcasts to listen to figure out how to do it. It's another learning curve.

My first two books are scheduled to be published as paperbacks and ebooks on March 12th. I'm lining up my people to do reviews.

I have two more books half-written. And 3 kid's math activity books just about ready to publish. I have a couple of other books for kids and ESL that I need to work on. This week I'm applying for a Trademark for my pen name for my line of kid's books.

My rentals:
I have a vacancy coming up. I have an approved application on it. The current tenants were moving out all weekend. There's always paperwork to do about that business.

Off-site rehab job:
We fixed a roof-down-spout issue last week. And we rebuilt the back wall of the family room. This week we're stubbing out the water system to the fixtures. I need to buy some windows for the family room. I am going to put a big window in the front wall and a couple of wide ones in the side wall.

We've used up almost all of the 2X4s. I need to buy another bunk of them. I buy them a couple hundred at a time. When we go get the 2X4s, that's a good chance to get the windows.

I've been burned out and tired, so I took the weekend off and worked writing my books.

And I booked a week-long vacation this spring with a friend. She is going to a conference so our room and her travel expenses are paid for by her employer. I got my plane tickets last night. She'll be busy with her conference during the daytime. I can hang out and then we can go play in the evenings together. We'll be at a major resort in Reno, NV so we'll find a lot of fun stuff to do at night. She's one of my best friends and we have a lot of fun together when we take the time.

My husband will cover for me here at home while I'm gone. He knows how hard I work and he wants me to go and have a good time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 04-Mar-24

3) Who will you help this week?

4) What are you not doing but should be?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
From Last Week

• Unhitch from a few clients where it's not a good fit. DONE! I loved cancelling the recurring invoices and sending polite notes. It's mostly because they're unresponsive. Guess what? They've not even responded to being churned out. Lol.
  • Switch weekly reports to point to the new automations setup by @uhhfeef (as per his progress thread). (Thanks @uhhfeef.) NOT DONE. There was a technical issue we worked on during the week. Will try again this morning.
  • Switch to daily reports for main consulting clients. DONE!
  • Reply to people who reached out a few weeks ago and I didn't get round to replying to! DONE!
  • See 2. above.
  • Various grown up kids of family friends are interested in setting up a business, ideally digital. DONE! (Just now when I remembered this was on last week's list!)

Bonus question:

• Logging into LinkedIn too much. I'm posting less which is good, but I don't want to even log in and doom scroll daily. DONE! I uninstalled LinkedIn from my phone expect for when I was stuck in the airport for 5 hours. It's so interesting how people DM me to chat after seeing posts not even related to my service.

• Switch weekly reports to automated ones setup by @uhhfeef.
  • Start a local lead gen project with a landing page created by @FastNAwesome.
  • I'll continue the conversation with one of the prospects I emailed last week.
  • I've a call with a friend who helps startups get funding. I think he wants me to help one of his own businesses. If it's the business that helps startups then that's a bit of a flywheel as getting him more leads might bring more clients for me too.
  • Chatting with @uhhfeef this Thursday to see how I can help him get paying clients for his automation service.
  • Building long-tail lead-gen campaigns for my own project(s). This should be addressed in 1) above.
  • I'm probably in the forum a bit too much lately. I'll try and pop in and out at scheduled times.

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jan 17, 2024
The ONE THING for me, I just did, which was to set a limit on the number of enemies I draw for the game demo, because I just kept drawing everything that came to mind. Setting a limit will make completing the demo way easier this year, and help me to focus.
A goal for today is to complete the drawing of my newest animation. I want to have it coloured in this week too. That might be finished tomorrow even.

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
App Development: This week I'll be happy with gathering and organizing all of the outstanding improvements into 1 place, and adding actionable steps to each one.
Health: Keep going with the new routines I set up: morning exercise, cold shower, mindful eating.

Getting my product in a state I'm happy with, and keep gathering feedback.

I want this to be a selfish week! So only one person I hope.

Saying NO to distractions. I want to get the App to PlayStore ASAP. Then I can start saying Yes again. I would also like to build a reading habit, but so far no progress.

Spending more time than I'd like to with a certain someone.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
  • Reaching out and connecting to more sales focused people that are already in this industry
  • Collabing with them [Had a call that I had to cancel at the last minute. A few are interested but nothing fixed yet.]
  • Having 1 to 1 conversations with business owners on LinkedIn [No excuse]
  • Getting in front of more business owners [Call scheduled for Wednesday, a few others interested. Need to follow up if no response.]
  • Andy for his daily report automations [Revamped the workflow to solve a small but critical problem]
  • Make life easier for my manager at my day job by automating reporting [Helps him save a lot of time and team resources to analyse storage data and assign accordingly, he showed me his full process and is very happy with the automation]
  • A friend to help understand how to think with an automation mindset [I don't even think of myself as a "tech" guy but I'm surprised how much there's still a lack of foundational tech skills]

Bonus question:

• Being indecisive and not taking action about 2. [Still being indecisive]

• Talking to the few prospects that are interested in the service
  • Reaching out to more warm leads and asking for referrals

• Call on Wednesday

• Asking for referrals from warm leads

• Not prioritizing gym

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My Books:

I'm lining up people to review my first two books. They will be published on March 12th.

I've almost finished a 3rd book in that group. I should finish it up this week. So that I can work on getting it ready to publish.

In my kid's books, I need to write the back cover and description to go into Amazon for 3 books that are ready to go. Then I can order the cover art. They are activity books so they will only be paperbacks.

My rentals:

I have one vacancy. I'm looking for a new tenant. That unit is ready to rent.

My off-site rehab:

We got the first shower hooked up and ready to use. It will have 3 bathrooms when we're done. We have a man staying there to protect the project, so getting a shower going is a big deal. We're starting to set the plumbing fixtures.

We're working on setting up the whirlpool tub in the master bathroom.

Last week, we bought the new windows for the family room. This week we might be able to install them depending on the weather.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My books:

Tomorrow I'm publishing my first 2 paperback books on Amazon. One is a full-length 33,00-word self-help book and the other is a supporting workbook that features my fun graphics. Today I'm adding the ebooks editions for the two. I'll add a link for everyone when I get the ID # assigned.

Yesterday I recorded one of them so I can submit it on Audible. I have the full-length book to also record. That has been a long learning curve for me. I bought the equipment for my DAW and now I'm learning to use it.

This whole thing has been a long learning curve for me. There are a lot of moving parts to getting a manuscript from idea to one that is ready to submit.

I have a third one in that group just about ready to go. I'm ordering the book cover for it today. It's another low-content book with my art incorporated in the graphics.

And the 4th book in this group is 2/3 written. It's a full-length self-help book.

And yes, I write & illustrate them myself. I do NOT hire a ghostwriter. I guess I have a lot to say.

I have another line of kids's books that I wrote many years ago with my Mom almost ready to publish. She died 20 years ago. She was a teacher and she used these activity books with her elementary students. We worked on them and I printed them on my big copy machine for her. Now I can actually publish them in paperback form.

Writing books has been a life-long dream for me. And now I get to do it. The gatekeepers that used to tell me no have fallen. I don't know IF all of this will be successful. It doesn't matter. My RE provides my income. This is my "play" side gig. I can run Amazon ads and see where it takes me.

My Rentals:

All rented up. I rented my one vacancy last week and I have a waiting list again.

My off-site rehab job:

Got all 3 showers in that house hooked up and working last week. On one of them, we had to move a wall a half an inch to get the plumbing in place. We have one shower door up. I need to buy two more of them and get them installed.

We're still working on getting the whirlpool tub in the master bathroom hooked up. Got the tub spout for it. We've had to rebuild the wall in that area to get the plumbing installed. Rehabbing takes a lot of reworking and patience.

This week we're putting the new windows in the family room. We have some older windows to replace in the living room area. I need to buy those. And we can work with glass now that it's warmer here in Alaska. We can't do anything with windows when it's too cold. The cold makes glass brittle and then they shatter from just being moved around.

Most of the plywood subflooring is installed throughout the house. We're starting to work on the drywall and then we'll be ready for floor coverings, kitchen cabinets, and vanities in the bathrooms. Most of the mechanical systems and the supports are completed. We've had to jack up that poor old house 6 times to replace the basement walls and the rim joists. We've added a bunch of support beams throughout and piers in the basement. The house was just a shell when I bought it. I didn't know if we could save it.

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
Happy Monday 11-March-24 everyone!

App Development: Get Google to verify my app for oauth, go through the subscription billing flow, redesign the 'more details' page.
Health: Keep the routines going!! The Ramadan has started, im excited to participate for my first time! The only consious change I'm making to my fasting routine is that I'm still allowed to drink water and tea.

This week, my app will be in a state where it's ready for the play store release. I'll focus on making sure this happens.

My family.

Saying No to video games, no to youtube, no to discord. Can I last 1 week? Let's put it to the test. Each time I'll want to do 1 of these things, I will read a book instead.

Treating weekends like weekends. It really makes me angry that 2 weekends in a row I have broke some of my routines, I know it's a different environment but thats not an excuse. If I can do it on a workday, I can do it on a weekend.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 18-Mar-24

harumi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 24, 2021
England
This week -
App Security Testing: to limit test my app, learn how many users it can handle, identify what the bottlenecks are. One of my buddies who's more knowledgeable will help me.
Documentation and Organisation: the goal is to SELL my business one day, so having everything* (accounts, processes, technologies) in one tidy place will be helpful, while it's still fresh in my mind.
Backup Safety: Set up database backups, note down any backup procedures, asses what the failure points could be and what the action points should be in case of a failure.

Wrapping my Application in a 'gift wrapper'.

I'll focus on my employment, a project is coming to an 'end' this week so there might be a bit of extra work required on my part.

Listening to podcasts when I travel.

Riding my bike in dirt with clean clothes on.. I should get clothes which I could swim in mud in!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
We got about 4" of more snow yesterday and the plow truck broke down. The driveline is over at a place that can repair it. We're getting our spring dump of snow. Spring is just around the corner. So, today we have the backhoe and road grader out to clear the roads and parking areas. We have about 2' on the ground right now. That's not bad. Last year at this time we had 5'.

My books:

I published two books last week. I have set up my DAW to record them for Audible. It's a long learning curve. I'm learning to edit the recordings. My biggest problem is that I speed read so it is hard for me to read word to word. I'll keep working on it this week.

My rentals:

All rented up and going fine.

My off-site rehab:

The whirlpool bath is in and hooked up. It's working!

I'll pick up the floor coverings for the 3 bathrooms this week. Then we can set the plumbing fixtures.

I need to purchase the vanities for the bathrooms and order the kitchen cabinets.

I have to see the lady where I'm buying the kitchen cabinets. We remeasured the kitchen and there is a little bit of difference from our original measurements and what we actually have. We'll have to change the cabinet plans a little bit. It's the old rule, MEASURE TWICE AND CUT ONCE.

Most of the subfloors are all filled, sanded, and painted.

We're working on the drywall part of the project. Some need to be patched and we have some walls that are only studded out, ready for drywall.

Our goal is to be done with the interior by the time our snow melts so we can get started on the exterior and get that house on the market.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.