The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design Journey

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Good job, now what is your plan? Which one is the best to focus on? How can you help them?

Those businesses have different needs and problems to be solved by a website. How can you figure out?

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Almost done with the realtor website. Considering my next step from here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jlfastlane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Apr 9, 2023
Congrats on getting a few clients! I am just now starting my agency - started my outreach a few days ago. I decided to niche down but will see how that plays out.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Doing my last 2 free websites. A solar company and travel agency website. Well, not actually free, I'm going to get some money out of them.

Wondering if I should try out inbound or outbound marketing to get international clients next.

Do you have any advice on what I should do @Fox @Andy Black?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Doing my last 2 free websites. A solar company and travel agency website. Well, not actually free, I'm going to get some money out of them.

Wondering if I should try out inbound or outbound marketing to get international clients next.

Do you have any advice on what I should do @Fox @Andy Black?
Can you leverage the work you've just done? Ask the clients for testimonials and referrals?

I love building relationships and creating win-wins. Check out my inbound/sales thread in my signature.

There's plenty of other ways though.

@Johnny boy has a recent thread about how he sends bulk voice-mails.

@GuitarManDan does a bit of cold email outreach I believe.

@Phikey has a progress thread where he posted lots of educational content on a YouTube channel that brought him business.

What have you done to date and how did it work out?

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Can you leverage the work you've just done? Ask the clients for testimonials and referrals?

I love building relationships and creating win-wins. Check out my inbound/sales thread in my signature.

There's plenty of other ways though.

@Johnny boy has a recent thread about how he sends bulk voice-mails.

@GuitarManDan does a bit of cold email outreach I believe.

@Phikey has a progress thread where he posted lots of educational content on a YouTube channel that brought him business.

What have you done to date and how did it work out?
I have asked the realtor I worked with for referrals. He told me he will inform me when he knows someone.

I recently helped @Subsonic out with his leads form. He gave me a very nice video testimonial for it but don't know how to leverage it right now.

I used LinkedIn a bit to try and get roofing clients. A roofer approached me and asked for my price. I told him $1,000 and he later became distant. He told me $1,000 was too low so he wasn't sure I will be able to do a good job.

Cold calling didn't work out for me. Cold emailing on the other hand got me some responses after I sent out mass emails. One prospect even gave me his number to call, problem was I was travelling the next day.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I have asked the realtor I worked with for referrals. He told me he will inform me when he knows someone.

I recently helped @Subsonic out with his leads form. He gave me a very nice video testimonial for it but don't know how to leverage it right now.

I used LinkedIn a bit to try and get roofing clients. A roofer approached me and asked for my price. I told him $1,000 and he later became distant. He told me $1,000 was too low so he wasn't sure I will be able to do a good job.

Cold calling didn't work out for me. Cold emailing on the other hand got me some responses after I sent out mass emails. One prospect even gave me his number to call, problem was I was travelling the next day.
Well that's a sign that your selling yourself too cheaply.

You could go and make a 3 tier offer system that you use to have the same prices for everyone. From experience, that makes business easier.

That system could look like this:
Small business offer : Lead gen landing page for 497
Basic Website : 1,5k
Regular Website : 3k
Pro Website : 5k and up

Now as you know, I am not Website expert but this would cover all potential customers for now.

If you have a potential client you send them your offer list and then they can choose themselves what they want/need.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Finished creating the solar company website and almost done with the Travel Agency.

I have started talking in Facebook groups and want to start sending out cold emails.

Would it be okay to send out cold emails using a Gmail address?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Finished creating the solar company website and almost done with the Travel Agency.

I have started talking in Facebook groups and want to start sending out cold emails.

Would it be okay to send out cold emails using a Gmail address?
It will look more professional if people get an email from cojo@yourdomain.com

It doesn't have to be a complicated website either. I send emails (not cold emails mind) from andy@andyblack.net ... I know people will check out my "website".

If you want to bulk send cold emails then I think there might be issues sending from a Gmail account, although I could be wrong as I don't bulk send cold emails.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Hey guys, you can check out my new thread here -

I'm going to start a saas and use my freelance business to support it

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
After some thinking, I think it will be better to use this thread instead of the 2nd one as I will be focusing more on web design.

What do you guys think?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
After some thinking, I think it will be better to use this thread instead of the 2nd one as I will be focusing more on web design.

What do you guys think?

Just tag in a moderator if you want the thread title changed to reflect the new direction.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Hey guys. It has been quite sometime. Been busy with university and other stuff so I didn't make much progress.

Asked my previous 3 clients if they know anyone that needs a website and they didn't. The economy here has gotten very bad here so getting a high paying client or even a client is very difficult now.

As for saas, I have some ideas but not the money to create and market them. So I'm planning to build chrome extensions instead.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Made an extension a month ago. It was only able to get 15 users (2 users uninstalled) within that time period so I'm going to build something else
FireShot Capture 014 - Users - chrome.google.com.png

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Got my second extension to work. Thanks for the tips @Tau Ceti. Just have to style it a bit and make a logo now

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Is it okay if I use a logo generator? I suck at making logos

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
I'm back to freelancing. Going to start updating this thread again.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Found out this morning that my laptop has battery issue. Won't be able to use it much except I have light/power

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Was able to send 2 emails before heading to my university. Got 1 response which was a No.

This is the script:

"Hey {first name},

{Personalised line}.

I specialize in helping windows cleaning businesses get more leads through their website. {Mention who I have helped}.

Want more 2 to 4 more leads for your cleaning service through your website? Let me know and I can send over a few times to chat.

Thanks,
{Your Name}
"

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Question. How do you cold approach someone who has an outdated website?

@Andy Black @Fox any suggestion on this?

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
What do you guys think of this script?

"Hey {first name},

I just found your website on Google maps and noticed you are losing out on thousands of dollars by not having a more up to date website. There are ways your website can be improved to get you more leads.

Would you like for me to share my findings? Just let me know and I will be happy to share.

Thanks,
Cojo

P.S: {mentions something that can be improved or fixed on their website}
"

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

"Hey {first name},

I just found your website on Google maps and noticed you are losing out on thousands of dollars by not having a more up to date website. There are ways your website can be improved to get you more leads.

Would you like for me to share my findings? Just let me know and I will be happy to share.

Thanks,
Cojo

"

Try address two concerns they are likely going to have...

- Why them? Try have a better reason than you found them on Google map. That matters to you... not to them.
- Why listen to you? You need some kinda social proof or frame to use to show you are an expert.

Also, what would you write back here if they said yes.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

"Hey {first name},

Thanks,
Cojo

"
I get these emails all the time. They all sound exactly the same. Three words in and I’m hitting delete. Plus I now hate you for wasting my time.

But if you’re spamming 1000s of people maybe it’ll work.

If you want to work with specific people then open with something specific about the website you can help with - don’t leave that until the PS. The specific bit is the bit that will catch their attention.

If you’re doing this for businesses that are local to you go and talk to them rather than emailing them.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
I'm back to freelancing. Going to start updating this thread again.
Hey I’m also freelancing. Taking a while to get going but the sales are going up. First was 50, then 1.2k, now 3.5k.

Be great to chat, maybe we can learn something from each other

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.