The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 14, 2022
It's been long since I've updated this progress thread. I'm also surprised by the number of weeks that have passed and I'm still not making any progress.
I know I should start talking to people to sell web design(asking them if they know anyone who needs it). But my mind is just holding me back. I don't like talking to people and I also don't like appearing "salesy". I am very introverted and it's painful going against this instinct.
All I've been doing lately is learning more code and doing unrelated activities to convince myself I'm moving forward but deep down I know I'm just learning to avoid the pain of talking to people.
The worst thing is I'm doing all this at the expense of my university. I skip classes all day and my grades have suffered a lot.
Does anyone have any advice so I could move forward from this? Knowing I should be talking to people and also knowing I'm doing activities to avoid talking to people makes me depressed every day. I'm just tired of feeling like a failure.
I'm actually in a very similar position to you. I am also in university, and I am starting a web design business. I also was like you in regards to learning code (which I will continue to learn), but I am focusing more on webflow and other sites that don't require you to build the results from scratch, in the end all businesses care about is results not whether you built it from scratch or not. It is easy to get into a trap of learning code, not feeling ready and learning more code, and actually not taking the step to start.

In relation to both your introverted problems and actually starting to build websites, the simple advice is to do more. I don't want to sound so basic, but you already know you only get better at things by doing them, you need to go out of your comfort zone or else you won't progress at all, i.e. start building websites, start talking to more people, etc. It's important you don't feel sorry for yourself and take accountability, the truth is you deserve exactly to be where you are as a result of the work you've done.

I would definitely advise you to listen to @Fox and his material. I think you know a lot of the solutions to your problems, but its up to you to actually do something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

otis7

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 12, 2022
I'm actually in a very similar position to you. I am also in university, and I am starting a web design business. I also was like you in regards to learning code (which I will continue to learn), but I am focusing more on webflow and other sites that don't require you to build the results from scratch, in the end all businesses care about is results not whether you built it from scratch or not. It is easy to get into a trap of learning code, not feeling ready and learning more code, and actually not taking the step to start.

In relation to both your introverted problems and actually starting to build websites, the simple advice is to do more. I don't want to sound so basic, but you already know you only get better at things by doing them, you need to go out of your comfort zone or else you won't progress at all, i.e. start building websites, start talking to more people, etc. It's important you don't feel sorry for yourself and take accountability, the truth is you deserve exactly to be where you are as a result of the work you've done.

I would definitely advise you to listen to @Fox and his material. I think you know a lot of the solutions to your problems, but its up to you to actually do something.
Thank you for replying. This was needed. Doing more is the answer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.