The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vote Now, Next Book Discussion August

Which Book for Next Book Discussion

• The Go Giver, Bob Burgg

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • The Obstacle is the Way, Ryan Holiday

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Thinking Fast and Slow, D. Kahneman

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • The Righteous Mind, Jonathan Haidt

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • The Untethered Soul, Singer

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Chimp Paradox, Peters

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Start With Why, Simon Sinek

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Let's hear your nominations for this month's book discussion!

Don't forget to give us your take on July's book, Never Split the Difference, by Voss. (I'm half way done with it.)

I nominate The Chimp Paradox which continually comes in 2nd place in our voting! I haven't read it, but many folks here have recommended it.

Also, Why We Sleep (our Insider giveaway drawing this month)...

51b36-UW0xL.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
Why we sleep because it will motivate me to read it.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Atlas Shrugged. All about creating value and capitalism.

"The book depicts a dystopian United States in which private businesses suffer under increasingly burdensome laws and regulations. Railroad executive Dagny Taggart and her lover, steel magnate Hank Rearden, struggle against "looters" who want to exploit their productivity. Dagny and Hank discover that a mysterious figure called John Galt is persuading other business leaders to abandon their companies and disappear as a "strike" of productive individuals against the looters. The novel ends with the strikers planning to build a new capitalist society based on Galt's philosophy of reason and individualism."

Also Library of Congress's #2 most influential book people have ever read, second only to The Bible. To give this a little context, Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People," was only #7, Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning," by Viktor Frankl was tied for #9.

1. The Bible.
2. "Atlas Shrugged," by Ayn Rand.
3. "The Road Less Traveled," by M. Scott Peck.
4. "To Kill a Mockingbird," by Harper Lee.
5. "The Lord of the Rings," by J. R. R. Tolkien.
6. "Gone With the Wind," by Margaret Mitchell.
7. "How to Win Friends and Influence People," by Dale Carnegie.
8. The Book of Mormon.
9. (tied, in alphabetical order by title) "The Feminine Mystique," by Betty Friedan.
"A Gift From the Sea," by Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
"Man's Search for Meaning," by Viktor Frankl.
"Passages," by Gail Sheehy.
"When Bad Things Happen to Good People," by Harold S. Kushner. Book Recall

I think it's the perfect book for this forum.

It's been spoken about a number of times here:

"I call those who are very good at wealth creation "Prime Movers," borrowing a term used by Ayn Rand in The Fountainhead to characterize great creators, and also used by Aristotle in a different context.
My fascination with prime movers was first kindled by Ayn Rand's epic novel Atlas Shrugged (rated in a Library of Congress survey to be second only to the Bible in its influence on people's lives), in which she
showed businessmen to be heroic and moral achievers without whom the whole world would collapse into stagnation and poverty."

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
MJ I thought you wanted us to read The Untethered Soul or are you wanting something you haven’t read?

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
2. "Atlas Shrugged," by Ayn Rand.

The problem with that book is it is 10,000 pages and will take months to finish. It's also a super difficult read as Rand's style is a bit of an acquired taste.

MJ I thought you wanted us to read The Untethered Soul or are you wanting something you haven’t read?

Yes I definitely recommend it, but yea, I'd like to read something I haven't read. Nominate it and if it gets enough likes, I can throw it in the vote.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I feel like we need a novel about a leader... like a biography.

I can nominate all kinds of cool books and I will but .. I dunno.. I’m in the mood for a bio of a magnate like Rockefeller. Anybody have any ideas like that??

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I nominate Untethered Soul by Singer.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I nominate The Obstacle is The Way by Ryan Holiday

You’re a new business/small business and you want encouragement, Spartan style? This is kickass modern stoic wisdom -with NO BS - to get through your thick head and land deep into your psyche!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I nominate 4 Disciplines of Execution by McChesney

Get your employees working together seamlessly with these PRACTICAL and TESTED steps. Stop hitting the ceiling of income. Figure out what to track and how to make the decisions you need to take your company to the next level.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
I'll nominate Superconnector by Scott Gerber & Ryan Paugh

People that are already great at community and relationship building might scoff at it. But, I feel like there are some good lessons in it.

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
I nominate :
The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
11324722._SY475_.jpg

This book shows the importance of learning about morality. Our morality comes from our nature and nurture (upbringing). However, there is another answer: rationalism. We grow into our rationality as caterpillars grow into butterflies. If the caterpillar eats enough leaves, it will (eventually) grow wings. And if the child gets enough experiences of turn-taking, sharing, and playground justice, it will (eventually) become a moral creature, able to use its rational capacities to solve even harder problems. Rationality is our nature, and good moral reasoning is the endpoint of development.

"The mind is divided into parts, like a rider (controlled processes) on an elephant (automatic processes)"
The elephant is in control, and it makes judgements based on emotions and impulses. The rider is the person steering the elephant. It is our rational mind. He justifies the actions of the elephant.
To win an argument, talk to the elephant first. If you argue with logical reasoning, they will almost always try to find counterpoints to fight back. Even if your point holds more weight, it will only make them angrier. Intuition comes first, logical reasoning second.

We are subconsciously groupish, the psychological term being "cognitive dissonance", we follow the herd. We are obsessively concerned about how people think of us. Our intuitions can be shaped by how the people around us react to some news/events. Groups are not bad, it leads to forming a moral sense and unites ideas, but the same group can prevent us from accepting other groups' moral values and ideas.

This book is really good to understand politics. The author Haidt says that our genetic composition affects the way we think."Before arguing with someone on politics, it is better to understand our moral grounds. It is better to talk through our differences for a better understanding." Although I didn't understand a lot on my first read, however, this book is really deep and a must-read if you're into politics.

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Y’all.. I’m saying this with respect and kindness... if I’m gonna spend a month reading a book you recommend...

Will you please take the time to explain WHY I should read it? Why any of us should?

As business owners we all need to be working on our copywriting skills, our communication skills. These discussions give us that opportunity! What benefit does your book offer? To whom would it be the most helpful?

We need excellent literature that will push us forward no matter the stage of growth we’re in.

I respect the participants in these book discussions so much because we’re all trying to grow.

Please put some effort into this. You have an opportunity to affect a lot of people.. bring a lot of value to us.

On a deeply personal note... it is extremely encouraging as a single mom who has not had many great men in her life... to see so many brilliant, well-spoken, dedicated, learning gentlemen discuss books here.

I have bragged about you guys to several women. Specifically when they complain of how the men they know DON’T read.. I say “There are hardworking guys on the planet! I know!! A bunch of them are taking the time to tackle books and write out their thoughts WHILE ALSO providing for their families and accomplishing hella impressive goals!”

I’m not saying you need to write a dissertation.. but give us something to go on. Please.

Lastly...

@ChrisV if you want to read the massive novel by Rand so much why not start another thread discussing it? Make a schedule so ppl have a chance in hell of keeping up?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
So how does this work? I think we should 'like' the posts of books we'd like to see on the list, then tally them up. Sorry if that's how you usually do it since I never participated in a nomination.

The problem with that book is it is 10,000 pages and will take months to finish. It's also a super difficult read as Rand's style is a bit of an acquired taste.

Yes I definitely recommend it, but yea, I'd like to read something I haven't read. Nominate it and if it gets enough likes, I can throw it in the vote.

Fair enough. Yea, the length was my one reservation when posting that.

I can nominate all kinds of cool books and I will but .. I dunno.. I’m in the mood for a bio of a magnate like Rockefeller. Anybody have any ideas like that??

I like the idea a lot. I liked Steve Jobs' bio but I feel like everyone and their moms have read that. Arnold Schwarzenegger's bio is really popular. Here's a list of Amazon's Best Selling Biographies of all time:

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
11324722._SY475_.jpg

This book shows the importance of learning about morality. Our morality comes from our nature and nurture (upbringing). However, there is another answer: rationalism. We grow into our rationality as caterpillars grow into butterflies. If the caterpillar eats enough leaves, it will (eventually) grow wings. And if the child gets enough experiences of turn-taking, sharing, and playground justice, it will (eventually) become a moral creature, able to use its rational capacities to solve even harder problems. Rationality is our nature, and good moral reasoning is the endpoint of development.

"The mind is divided into parts, like a rider (controlled processes) on an elephant (automatic processes)"
The elephant is in control, and it makes judgements based on emotions and impulses. The rider is the person steering the elephant. It is our rational mind. He justifies the actions of the elephant.
To win an argument, talk to the elephant first. If you argue with logical reasoning, they will almost always try to find counterpoints to fight back. Even if your point holds more weight, it will only make them angrier. Intuition comes first, logical reasoning second.

We are subconsciously groupish, the psychological term being "cognitive dissonance", we follow the herd. We are obsessively concerned about how people think of us. Our intuitions can be shaped by how the people around us react to some news/events. Groups are not bad, it leads to forming a moral sense and unites ideas, but the same group can prevent us from accepting other groups' moral values and ideas.

This book is really good to understand politics. The author Haidt says that our genetic composition affects the way we think."Before arguing with someone on politics, it is better to understand our moral grounds. It is better to talk through our differences for a better understanding." Although I didn't understand a lot on my first read, however, this book is really deep and a must-read if you're into politics.

I cosign this. That book was one of the most important books I've ever read. Seriously.

If anyone wants a quick taste of what it's about, check out this TED talk.

Seriously, it will change a lot of the way you see the world.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOQduoLgRw

Also @A_Random_Guy you may enjoy this post I posted a weed ago:

NOTABLE! Required Viewing: Why Creating Value Is A *Moral* Imperative - Jonathan Haidt On The Power Of Capitalism

@ChrisV if you want to read the massive novel by Rand so much why not start another thread discussing it? Make a schedule so ppl have a chance in hell of keeping up?

I haven't even read this s*** yet lol..it's long. i started it a little but i was hoping this would give me motivation to read the rest.. from what i've read so far it's excellent, but maybe a thread would add some extra motivation

Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I nominate The 5 Choices to Extraordinary Productivity
Great book that makes it very clear how much time we waste on unproductive and unimportant tasks.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
@MJ DeMarco 's gonna hate me for this, but if we can't do the unabridged dictionary Atlas Shrugged, I nominate the following:

I'm sorry but that book was the single influential book in my life. I literally keep stacks to hand out.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

I like this idea. I LOVE reading about these guys. Titan was fantastic. I am reading the Jack Ma book right now.

I nominate :

This sounds amazing! I am just undecided on if I should get it on audible or in print. It kind of sounds like a book that would be good in print vs. just audio. Any suggestion?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
This sounds amazing! I am just undecided on if I should get it on audible or in print. It kind of sounds like a book that would be good in print vs. just audio. Any suggestion?
I say Audible since it's read by the author, and they're usually better able to convey emotion and subtleties. But maybe you want to check out samples of both versions on Amazon?

Btw, lmfao @ the sample.

spreng

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 1, 2019
Man's Search for Meaning - victor frankl

Apologies if this has already been done. But this is easily the most influential book in my life, and possibly the most important book a person can read.

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
A lot of high-quality suggestions from this community! Some ideas:

1. Go-Giver - Bob Burgg

2. The Power of Now - Eckert Tolle

3. Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramahansa Yogananda

4. The Untethered Soul - Michael Singer

5. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck - Mark Manson

There have been a lot of good recommendations about persuasion and negotiation, however, not a lot about spirituality and self-improvement.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Man's Search for Meaning - victor frankl

You're a month behind...

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Everything is F*cked: a book about hope.
Interesting read and a lot of what he said I have thought of myself, especially nietzsches and Kant’s part. Why do we feel “bad” when we do something sketchy? Is morality innate or learned?

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
I was wasting my time in college seminars where people used to talk shit. So I downloaded these two audiobooks from YouTube and listened through the seminars.
Here are the links-

[King Crimson]

-Hope it helps. Huh? I was -
wonder how they got deleted.

Last edited:

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
That one is a THICK 676 pager from Chernow- the guy is thorough. Did you finish that one @Primeperiwinkle ? Guessing you mean business magnates, not just historical figures? If not, Isaacson did a great job with Ben Franklin, might intrigue you.
See below, a couple ideas for businessmen.
I like this idea. I LOVE reading about these guys. Titan was fantastic. I am reading the Jack Ma book right now.
Have you explored any of Ron's other biographies?
I really like Ma and his company. I put further reading about him on hold when I saw how many book options existed- which one are you reading @GPM ?

Ok, maybe I went overboard, but enjoyed all 3 of these magnate's stories- left a bite of each below. I nominate...any of them! Really...

Sam Walton- Made in America- perhaps the entrepreneur of that century. Very driven, always getting his hands dirty, always experimenting, testing, learning. Drove a hard bargain for his customers. Employees loved him, very involved in creating a strong culture. Very frugal with company money- pushed company forward with technology, but many thought he resisted tech, because of how hard he pushed to be sure an investment was deserving. Really enjoyed this.

Larry Ellison- "The difference between God and Larry Ellison" *God doesn't think he's Larry Ellison.
Bill Gates, but cloud computing. (he'd hate that title. considered Bill his greatest rival for years).
Founder of Oracle. Wild guy, smart, quick on feet, brash. Always delivered product late early on.
Stock collapsed after sales contracts fell through, following STAGGERING revenue growth (100% growth for first 8 of 9 yrs -230x (not %) revenue over that time.
Came back stronger. Childhood chip on shoulder. Author unfairly negative at times.
Extremely extravagant spender throughout, long before wealthy, always like nice cars/houses.

J. Paul Getty- How to Be Rich- Richest man in usa in 1958. Smart purchasing, drilling and risks paying off producing oil wells/companies. Made a big move as his career was progressing, buying a patch of Saudi/Kuwait land that had NEVER produced. Risky. Was mocked for that (low) 8 figure buy- 17 yrs after backing out of the SAME deal for 5 figures, when crude prices broke and he lost his nerve. Extraordinarily cheap- grandson involved in kidnapping, refused to pay ransom, thinking other kids/relatives would be at risk- once he received grandson's ear in the mail, agreed to pay small amount of ransom- max tax deductible amount. Incredible amount of misfortune throughout his family line. Lots of great advice, tips and pointers to executives, a view of his views pushed my own beliefs, which I appreciated. Enjoyed his sense of humor throughout.
"In times of rapid change, experience could be your worst enemy."
"The meek shall inherit the Earth, but not its mineral rights."
"If you owe the bank $100, that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem."
"The conformist is not born. He is made. I believe the brainwashing process begins in the schools and colleges."

Edit- reading Ted Turner's bio currently, enjoying.

Last edited:

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
Here are my recommendations,

(1) "The Inner Game of Tennis" by Timothy Gallwey (1972).

The book presents principles underlying peak performance through the medium of tennis. It absolutely nails such nuanced ideas as self-doubt and concentration. A less practical but more entertaining book with similar ideas is "Zen and the Art of Archery" by Eugene Herrigel; both are worth a read.

The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance: W. Timothy Gallwey, Zach Kleiman, Pete Carroll: 8601417207543: Amazon.com: Books

(2) "The Grammar of Fantasy" by Gianni Rodari (1974).

Italian writer and journalist, most famous for his children's books such as Adventures of Cipollino and Gelsomino in The World of Liars, worked on many projects involving children. This book contains techniques for developing imagination and creativity.

Amazon.com: The Grammar of Fantasy: An Introduction to the Art of Inventing Stories (9780915924516): Gianni Rodari, Jack Zipes: Books

(3) "On sense and reference" by Gottlob Frege (1892).

If you are looking for something to contribute to your intellectual growth, this short essay is a classic of western thought, elaborating on the meaning of "a=b". This is the guy who invented the mathematical symbols denoting "for all" and "there exists". After that one you can go ahead and read "On denoting" by Bertrand Russell (1905).

https://home.sandiego.edu/~baber/metaphysics/readings/Frege.SenseAndReference.pdf

(4) "The Use of the Self" by F.M.Alexander (1932).

If you've ever wanted to change your habits, this is the book by a man who devoted his life to the subject. May be hard to understand without practice.
Alexander Technique lessons are a time-effective way for taking care of your body if you sit a lot (and have back and neck pain), as well as for relieving stress and towards greater self-awareness. A private lesson an hour a week with a few extra minutes of self practice here and there will go a long way. The same can be said about e.g. Pilates, but can be hard to find a good instructor, whereas Alexander technique is so niche that every instructor is good, and only those who absolutely love the discipline are teaching it. 1500 hours for teacher certification is the accepted minimum.

The Use of the Self: F.M. Alexander: 9780752843919: Amazon.com: Books

(5) "Radical Acceptance" by Tara Brach (2004).

Warm and insightful, this book has guided me for quite some time. A key idea is "the trance of unworthiness", that is, the feeling of not being good enough. Tara Brach also has an audio CD that can be used as an introduction to meditation.

Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha: Tara Brach: 8601300326375: Amazon.com: Books

(6) "Rewire Your Brain for Love" by Marsha Lucas

Somewhat similar to the previous one, but more westernized, more practical. I prefer "Radical Acceptance", though.
If you have a problem interacting with people (fear) AND you are an extrovert, either one of those books can show you the way. Same goes for unhealed trauma. However, if you are just not used to interacting with people, books can only do so much.

Warning: for deep trauma such as from childhood abuse, don't try to do it alone; stop meditation and get support at first signs. Also in general, meditation is a serious study just like anything else and ideally requires commitment and guidance from someone experienced. Even if you just want to learn how to calm down, go and learn from a human being.

(7) "No Excuses" by Brian Tracy

Brian's understanding of the subjects of personal success and time management is unparalleled. While there is overlap with the whole tradition from Think and Grow Rich to The Magic of Thinking Big to Zig Ziglar's writing to just about everything else on the market, Brian also has a variety of fairly unique and very sensible insights. While I don't agree with everything he writes, as he occasionally deviates from his field of expertise — his stuff on communication is shallow, as is his stuff on personal finance — that is fine; just get the main message. Since then I've tried reading a couple books by Tony Robbins, Awaken The Giant and Money, and my only conclusion is that Tony's followers should have never heard of Brian Tracy. Brian is not trying to sell you a miracle, namely, that as soon as you change your mindset, suddenly everything will change — an unfortunate "Event over Process" mentality also reinforced by Psycho-Cybernetics and even The Power of Now. Instead he explains to you, how success actually happens, while the execution is left to you, as always.

If you want a sample, check out on youtube his "The secrets of self made millionaires". His ideas are more "big picture" than MJ's. Brian does not explain how, but he does explain, what you need in order to execute any "how". Of course, focus and discipline, but that is too vague to be useful. I also recommend his audio program "The Power of Clarity". I've purchased quite a few of his books and courses; those two contain all the key ideas and are cost- and time-effective.

Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Speaking of biographies and autobiographies, it's too bad we never had something from a more mature Kurt Cobain. I went down a bit of a Nirvana cobain YouTube rabbit hole recently and I'll be damned if that guy wasn't a fricking entrepreneur simply pretending he didn't give a damn.

Deadbeat junkies don't force their band to rehearse all day every single day for 6 months before recording an album or jump on a plane to edit a film clip by themself because they weren't happy with how their hired pro did it (teen spirit).

Yep, a burnt out heroin addict made me feel like a lazy bastard. Holy shit lol.

Last edited:

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Speaking of biographies and autobiographies, it's too bad we never had something from a more mature Kurt Cobain. I went down a bit of a Nirvana cobain YouTube rabbit hole recently and I'll be damned if that guy wasn't a fricking entrepreneur simply pretending he didn't give a damn.

Deadbeat junkies don't force their band to rehearse all day every single day for 6 months before recording an album or jump on a plane to edit a film clip by themself because they weren't happy with how their hired pro did it (teen spirit).

Yep, a burnt out heroin addict made me feel like a lazy bastard. Holy shit lol.
Those that are highly passionate turn to drugs most often as they have a need to assuage and soothe that passion. That’s why their music is so good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.