The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscription achieved in 6 years

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

alikl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 10, 2019
First things first,

* I read The Millionaire Fastlane and loved it!
* I read Unscripted (and keep re-listening on Audible periodically while driving), love the principles, love the style even more.

In January 2022 I turned my corporate badge in and said goodbye to my W2, bi-weekly paycheck, and cheap medical insurance.

I have achieved the Unscription via rental properties. Now I earn more than money, I earn time (Chapter 36).

The high level process was as the following:

1. Read Rich Dad Poor Dad. MJ kind of mocked Robert yet principles both authors preach are 100% in sync, so I focus on what's important - the principles vs. mockery. Grant Cardon mocked Robert too yet what Grant preaches is 100% same what Robert did 20 years back. Love Grant's books and style as much as MJ's though.
2. Anger as in "it cannot be true!" followed by "why no one told me this before?!"
3. Running numbers and further research that supported everything I read.
4. 2016 - Purchasing my first rental to test full cycle, following few more purchases the same year after gaining confidence.
5. Going into equity growth mode - getting my hands on every possible financing to buy more rentals as long as they cash flow positively.
6. Inflection point - generating enough passive income to sustain my life style.
7. 2022 - Saying goodbye to my day job.
8. Going into value mode - focusing on cash flow growth vs. equity growth.
9. Unscription.

Yes, passive income is possible.
Yes, it requires time and effort to get to it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
So... what was your process to acquire these properties? What type of properties are there? How many units? What was your first size property? How did you purchase it (financed?)? Where did you begin looking at these properties? Is your process still the same 6 months later?

Pictures of properties?

alikl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 10, 2019
So... what was your process to acquire these properties? What type of properties are there? How many units? What was your first size property? How did you purchase it (financed?)? Where did you begin looking at these properties? Is your process still the same 6 months later?

Pictures of properties?
To answer your questions:
* what was your process to acquire these properties? - nothing special. Find properties online based on specific criteria, use realtor to manage the process of acquisition, list for rent on Zillow. Repeat.
* What type of properties are there? How many units? - I focus on single family homes.
* What was your first size property? - not sure I follow this one.
* How did you purchase it (financed?)? - yes, pretty standard, 20% down, rest financed.
* Where did you begin looking at these properties? - online, nothing special. Redfin, Zillow, etc.
* Is your process still the same 6 months later? - the process 100% the same as in principles, techniques vary. For example, I no longer qualify for conventional loans so I switched to DSCR (commercial) loans. But main the principles how I manage risk remain the same.

Full disclosure: I am licensed REALTOR.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.