The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Havent been able to get on TMFL forum much due to one thing after another; Although I am eternally grateful for @biophase and his coaching and support, I am still struggling due to not only familial events and one thing after a F*cking another; I just cant catch a break. I am reading Life liberty and the pursuit and its hitting home hard.... I just dont know what to do I am trying day in and day to keep up with a process and its like more shit on top of another; I guess I will have to keep at it because lately it has become disheartening; I dont want to waste time but In order to fund my business and keep up with all this other shit (medical bills, etc bills on top of bills) i have to work more and more for nothing;

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Sorry to hear of your issues. Sometimes it takes a little while for things to settle down when it all goes pear shaped at home and you lose focus. However I have found that if you stop hanging out with your Fastlane tribe the passion fades and the energy and drive dissipates. Also when you just can't seem to catch a break resentment can kick in, which is where it sounds like you currently are.

Maybe, if time and money are at a premium at the moment, you need to be realistic about what you can do that will still move you forward. Reading books doesn't really do it does it?

How about finding 20 minutes a day to build up a social media following? That will cost you zip in terms of cash, just a little time to find suitable images to post and a few lines to write. If you have one already look at ways to boost the numbers daily. At least this way you are building something constructive that you can leverage when you get over this current hurdle. Also seeing a following grow day in and day out will inspire you to find other ways to push your business forward.

Thomas Jefferson is often quoted as saying:

"I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."

I find that if you can push forward, even though current hardship and adversity are trying to hold you back things have a habit of working out. It doesn't have to be much, just something small every day that takes you closer to your goal and keeps that ember of desire burning.

Good luck and don't neglect your tribe. ;)

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Sorry to hear of your issues. Sometimes it takes a little while for things to settle down when it all goes pear shaped at home and you lose focus. However I have found that if you stop hanging out with your Fastlane tribe the passion fades and the energy and drive dissipates. Also when you just can't seem to catch a break resentment can kick in, which is where it sounds like you currently are.

Maybe, if time and money are at a premium at the moment, you need to be realistic about what you can do that will still move you forward. Reading books doesn't really do it does it?

How about finding 20 minutes a day to build up a social media following? That will cost you zip in terms of cash, just a little time to find suitable images to post and a few lines to write. If you have one already look at ways to boost the numbers daily. At least this way you are building something constructive that you can leverage when you get over this current hurdle. Also seeing a following grow day in and day out will inspire you to find other ways to push your business forward.

Thomas Jefferson is often quoted as saying:

"I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."

I find that if you can push forward, even though current hardship and adversity are trying to hold you back things have a habit of working out. It doesn't have to be much, just something small every day that takes you closer to your goal and keeps that ember of desire burning.

Good luck and don't neglect your tribe. ;)

thank you for the words of motivation brother i know i just got some decent news i got a weekend shift job that may help me get my goods from china.... so i'm working 7 days a week now but i need to keep on keeping i guess how much is the question?

i think there is no balance whatsoever and how to help cope with that full throttlw all the time mind you i'm in decent shape (could always be better) don't drink sodas coffee or energy shit etc

sleep is only 4-5 hours though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
You will make it through this period and be glad you persevered. Just don't give up, ever!

What helps me is to make small goals that can be accomplished in a day or couple days. It takes some time to break down your long term goal (or process) into smaller steps, but I find it's worth the effort. Achieving a small goal is a boost to the enthusiasm as you see regular progress.

Best wishes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
its like more shit on top of another
Is your kitchen sink a f*cking mess?

Do you jus let one dish pile on top of another, and leave it there?

Or do you develop a system and a process for clearing things up and organizing them once they come in? Find one thing that is coming in, and develop a process around that to have it come in, organized, and cleared out.

If you can develop these systems with your business, you can do so in your mind/emotions.

Ultra Magnus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Oct 9, 2015
When you reach a point at which the number of things you took on seems overwhelming, your first order of business should be finding some quality time to think about organizing your life.

You can accomplish that by starting a journal and adding to it every day. Write down where you are currently, what got you there, what you were hoping to achieve by your actions, what your goals are now, etc. In other words, clarify your situation by writing about it. This will allow you to slow down and look back at everything you've been doing.

More than likely, you'll see what you can change, develop a plan and some goals based around it, and you'll see your situation change daily.

I did this recently after I developed a feeling of being overwhelmed by my business. After a few days, I feel like I've regained control.

This is just one way you can use to regain clarity and focus when there's shit flying at you from all directions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.