The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking a Way Out of the Inertia I am. Trying to Find Something to Create Value

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
Hello Fastlaners! My name is Adailson and I'm from Brazil.

I started this thread to seek guidance, but far from sounding like a victim (in fact if I do, please slap me in the face), I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I was scared to write this post, but to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone, I decided to face the criticism.

By the way, one of my dreams nailed to the wall 10 years ago (1/5/10) is to be able to help someone not to brake like me and maybe something will come out of this topic.

Who knows, this could become a topic of progress, after all I'm going to achieve what I want anyway.

It's going to be a little long, so here we go...

I'm 25 years old and I've been here on the forum for a little over a year, consuming a lot of information from several successful guys and thanking a few (after I read @Andy Black thread on peeking).

Well, I would like to tell you a little about my story to shed some light on how I got to where I am.

Different from the story of many people I saw around here, I never had financial difficulties, my family is middle class, without living on luxuries, of course, but we never went hungry (my father is a bricklayer and my mother is a civil servant working as a lunch lady).

My father never wanted me to work and just concentrate on my studies and as I had no other influences I continued like that and graduated in Business Administration because I didn't know which way to go, I went where I thought I would have more opportunities.

This is an important detail, I never had personal tastes, I was always influenced by the environment, the only thing I liked was to lock myself in my room and play, I only went out to ride the bike or to the gym which I started after I was 15 because I noticed that was already obese).

In 2015, when I started college, I started working as a general assistant in a computer store, working as an office boy, salesman, furniture assembler and technical assistance (where I was even better than the trained guys, but because I wasn't my main function was little there... and man I liked that part a lot at the time).

In 2016 I was fired due to the low demand and my position being the "less important". I stopped for a few months and then got a job as an intern in the Production Control of a poultry company, in another city where I drove every day. For a few months I was at zero because the costs were not covered by my income, as I earned about R$800 and fuel here is very expensive.

Well, over the course of 1 year in this internship, I was doubling my salary according to the period of college (it was a law they followed) and I did very well in terms of recognition because I dedicated myself a lot (unlike my first job where I was very without judgment ), but I didn’t get a permanent job because nothing came up as an opportunity.

In 2017 I got a job in the supply area at this same company but at another branch, where I started as an assistant and rose to assistant in less than 1 year. I learned a lot in that period about negotiating and communicating with other people.

To take a break, man... how shy I was, if I greeted a woman with a hug, my heart would skip a beat .

I stayed at this company until 2018, when a new coordinator came in who only made promises and didn't say anything about anything, and I, afraid that they would close the sector because it was a big company and I was a novice, started distributing resumes.

In the same year, I got a job in the same supply sector in a company in the "white line" business, as we call it here in my country, which manufactures stoves.

It was a great period for me, I entered a position above the previous one, that is, as an analyst and I moved up a position during the period I was there. I dedicated myself a lot here and it was where I eliminated all my shyness and developed great communication.

I gave more opinions, got involved in the projects and solved many... many problems, as I was responsible for hiring all the third parties that provided services within the company and also for the purchase of all parts considered as "investments (hydraulic presses, machines , equipment and works).

Then I found out how dependent I was on the manager, he was a great guy and even today he is a friend outside the company, a great leader who walked with us on a daily basis, always helping with problems.

But for me, I needed to develop more the part of being self-taught and solving more for myself and I evolved a lot in that because as I served the whole company and every day there were emergencies with machine breakdowns, production stoppage for some shit I had to go behind the suppliers and service providers to meet the maintenance demand.

In 2019, parallel to this work, I fell into the world of affiliate gurus, I tried to create blogs, sell on insta, in 1x1 conversations on whats but without success.

Until then, I had never thought about this business of being an entrepreneur, but like many people, I was fascinated by being able to work from wherever I was and having more free time.

That same year I tried to sell through facebook ads but I faced several difficulties with blocks and with very bad products (and of course due to poor execution and little study on my part).

In October I started using Google Ads to sell as an affiliate, starting to have some positive results in November.

And then I continued like this, until 2021, with my income at the company I worked for, which was around R$ 3,500.00 ( U$D 650.00) which covered my costs and initial investments in Google Ads because I live with my parents ( in fact, it consumes my mind) and the income as an affiliate, which was very low and I never took it off because I restrict a lot and spend it only when it is really necessary (this was good and bad because I saved "a lot" but I stopped living a lot for one young).

Well, in 2021 around June I decided to get crazy and leave the company to try to create a business, without any idea or guidance (stupid, after meeting MJ I understood that).

I left with something around BRL 50,000.00 in my personal account and another BRL 20,000.00 that I had as an affiliate (a total of something around U$D 13,200.00, since I had already opened a company CNPJ in hoping the law of attraction would catch me (look at the shit I thought lol) And I had faith that I would find something or climb sales as an affiliate, but I was fed up because it didn't bring me the "feedback" to stay in love.

Then things started to get ugly, I continued with Google Ads, and in parallel trying to find something to create but without any clarity of what and how to do it, I lost up to R$ 5,000.00 overnight with a Dropshipping guru who promised me a ready-made product just for me to sell (weak mind).

My idea was to have an income that would sustain me until I created something (if I had stayed at the company, but I faltered on that, I know).

At the end of 2021 I found out about the book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ in a video comment by a personal development guy who I follow who has been helping me with shyness with women.

Even with the book in hand I was still lost because I didn't pay much attention, I was already pretty discouraged.

I went like this until mid-February 2022, when I started having bouts of anxiety and depression, spending my days pretending to do some action, eating compulsively and smoking a lot of marijuana.

Until I woke up one day on the bedroom floor, I had fallen asleep, with the notebook on full of open movies and food around me... So I decided to seek psychological help in June because it seemed that I didn't see an opportunity anywhere.

It didn't matter how much I researched and looking at the people around me, happy, with clarity about every step they took, it consumed me and I thought I was shit, that destiny didn't want my success, even though I was aware that it didn't exist.

Today I've improved mentally and physically, I keep a good sleep, exercise and eating routine (but I don't go anywhere or have any Hoobys). However... still with affiliate work (which has an average profit of less than R$ 1,000.00), but I still have money in the account, from what I saved at the time, because as I said, I live with my parents).

Now that I've told you where I got to, I've been reading a lot of success stories here on the forum and looking for a way to find a need to fill it.

What I'm currently doing is:

- Listening to the people around me (which are few because I don't leave the house other than to train or camp once a month because that helps me not to freak out).

- Search places like Twitter, Quora and other complaint sites.

- Until the week before last, I had thought of creating a YouTube channel to help people overcome emotional reactions such as anger, shyness and judgment of others, which were things that I went through and improved. But then I realized that it would be more of the same and there would be no way to differentiate myself, like our friend James Jani (Valier) who did a great job with documentaries.

- Still following the path above, I thought of doing something like Content Synthesizer, now that I met Andrew Kirbi, but I didn't feel enough for that and not having a need to meet. Because I don't understand how something I have can help someone without demand.

- Inspired by @Andy Black , I even started asking some friends who have small businesses if they wanted help with something but I think I didn't know how to position myself well and I haven't had anything so far.

- Also, in some successful cases that I studied here on the forum, I thought that because they were old they would not work today, such as ecom, webdesign, writing and real estate. It may be my belief, I would like your opinion on that too.

Anyway, today I find myself stuck in this situation, not knowing where to run but continuing to study and move forward.

Well, I hope the reading wasn't too dense, I want above all to add and not just suck, even though I feel that I still don't have much to help like the great guys we have here.

Thanks in advance and if, something I went through someone is going through and realizes that I can help I'm here at your disposal.

When they have any changes they will update to be able to bring value to everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022

I started this thread to seek guidance, but far from sounding like a victim (in fact if I do, please slap me in the face), I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I was scared to write this post, but to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone, I decided to face the criticism.

By the way, one of my dreams nailed to the wall 10 years ago (1/5/10) is to be able to help someone not to brake like me and maybe something will come out of this topic.

Who knows, this could become a topic of progress, after all I'm going to achieve what I want anyway.

I'm 25 years old and I've been here on the forum for a little over a year, consuming a lot of information from several successful guys and thanking a few (after I read @Andy Black thread on peeking).

Well, I would like to tell you a little about my story to shed some light on how I got to where I am.

Different from the story of many people I saw around here, I never had financial difficulties, my family is middle class, without living on luxuries, of course, but we never went hungry (my father is a bricklayer and my mother is a civil servant working as a lunch lady).

My father never wanted me to work and just concentrate on my studies and as I had no other influences I continued like that and graduated in Business Administration because I didn't know which way to go, I went where I thought I would have more opportunities.

This is an important detail, I never had personal tastes, I was always influenced by the environment, the only thing I liked was to lock myself in my room and play, I only went out to ride the bike or to the gym which I started after I was 15 because I noticed that was already obese).

In 2015, when I started college, I started working as a general assistant in a computer store, working as an office boy, salesman, furniture assembler and technical assistance (where I was even better than the trained guys, but because I wasn't my main function was little there... and man I liked that part a lot at the time).

In 2016 I was fired due to the low demand and my position being the "less important". I stopped for a few months and then got a job as an intern in the Production Control of a poultry company, in another city where I drove every day. For a few months I was at zero because the costs were not covered by my income, as I earned about R$800 and fuel here is very expensive.

Well, over the course of 1 year in this internship, I was doubling my salary according to the period of college (it was a law they followed) and I did very well in terms of recognition because I dedicated myself a lot (unlike my first job where I was very without judgment ), but I didn’t get a permanent job because nothing came up as an opportunity.

In 2017 I got a job in the supply area at this same company but at another branch, where I started as an assistant and rose to assistant in less than 1 year. I learned a lot in that period about negotiating and communicating with other people.

To take a break, man... how shy I was, if I greeted a woman with a hug, my heart would skip a beat .

I stayed at this company until 2018, when a new coordinator came in who only made promises and didn't say anything about anything, and I, afraid that they would close the sector because it was a big company and I was a novice, started distributing resumes.

In the same year, I got a job in the same supply sector in a company in the "white line" business, as we call it here in my country, which manufactures stoves.

It was a great period for me, I entered a position above the previous one, that is, as an analyst and I moved up a position during the period I was there. I dedicated myself a lot here and it was where I eliminated all my shyness and developed great communication.

I gave more opinions, got involved in the projects and solved many... many problems, as I was responsible for hiring all the third parties that provided services within the company and also for the purchase of all parts considered as "investments (hydraulic presses, machines , equipment and works).

Then I found out how dependent I was on the manager, he was a great guy and even today he is a friend outside the company, a great leader who walked with us on a daily basis, always helping with problems.

But for me, I needed to develop more the part of being self-taught and solving more for myself and I evolved a lot in that because as I served the whole company and every day there were emergencies with machine breakdowns, production stoppage for some shit I had to go behind the suppliers and service providers to meet the maintenance demand.

In 2019, parallel to this work, I fell into the world of affiliate gurus, I tried to create blogs, sell on insta, in 1x1 conversations on whats but without success.

Until then, I had never thought about this business of being an entrepreneur, but like many people, I was fascinated by being able to work from wherever I was and having more free time.

That same year I tried to sell through facebook ads but I faced several difficulties with blocks and with very bad products (and of course due to poor execution and little study on my part).

In October I started using Google Ads to sell as an affiliate, starting to have some positive results in November.

And then I continued like this, until 2021, with my income at the company I worked for, which was around R$ 3,500.00 ( U$D 650.00) which covered my costs and initial investments in Google Ads because I live with my parents ( in fact, it consumes my mind) and the income as an affiliate, which was very low and I never took it off because I restrict a lot and spend it only when it is really necessary (this was good and bad because I saved "a lot" but I stopped living a lot for one young).

Well, in 2021 around June I decided to get crazy and leave the company to try to create a business, without any idea or guidance (stupid, after meeting MJ I understood that).

I left with something around BRL 50,000.00 in my personal account and another BRL 20,000.00 that I had as an affiliate (a total of something around U$D 13,200.00, since I had already opened a company CNPJ in hoping the law of attraction would catch me (look at the shit I thought lol) And I had faith that I would find something or climb sales as an affiliate, but I was fed up because it didn't bring me the "feedback" to stay in love.

Then things started to get ugly, I continued with Google Ads, and in parallel trying to find something to create but without any clarity of what and how to do it, I lost up to R$ 5,000.00 overnight with a Dropshipping guru who promised me a ready-made product just for me to sell (weak mind).

My idea was to have an income that would sustain me until I created something (if I had stayed at the company, but I faltered on that, I know).

At the end of 2021 I found out about the book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ in a video comment by a personal development guy who I follow who has been helping me with shyness with women.

Even with the book in hand I was still lost because I didn't pay much attention, I was already pretty discouraged.

I went like this until mid-February 2022, when I started having bouts of anxiety and depression, spending my days pretending to do some action, eating compulsively and smoking a lot of marijuana.

Until I woke up one day on the bedroom floor, I had fallen asleep, with the notebook on full of open movies and food around me... So I decided to seek psychological help in June because it seemed that I didn't see an opportunity anywhere.

It didn't matter how much I researched and looking at the people around me, happy, with clarity about every step they took, it consumed me and I thought I was shit, that destiny didn't want my success, even though I was aware that it didn't exist.

Today I've improved mentally and physically, I keep a good sleep, exercise and eating routine (but I don't go anywhere or have any Hoobys). However... still with affiliate work (which has an average profit of less than R$ 1,000.00), but I still have money in the account, from what I saved at the time, because as I said, I live with my parents).

Now that I've told you where I got to, I've been reading a lot of success stories here on the forum and looking for a way to find a need to fill it.

- Listening to the people around me (which are few because I don't leave the house other than to train or camp once a month because that helps me not to freak out).

- Until the week before last, I had thought of creating a YouTube channel to help people overcome emotional reactions such as anger, shyness and judgment of others, which were things that I went through and improved. But then I realized that it would be more of the same and there would be no way to differentiate myself, like our friend James Jani (Valier) who did a great job with documentaries.

- Still following the path above, I thought of doing something like Content Synthesizer, now that I met Andrew Kirbi, but I didn't feel enough for that and not having a need to meet. Because I don't understand how something I have can help someone without demand.

- Inspired by @Andy Black , I even started asking some friends who have small businesses if they wanted help with something but I think I didn't know how to position myself well and I haven't had anything so far.

- Also, in some successful cases that I studied here on the forum, I thought that because they were old they would not work today, such as ecom, webdesign, writing and real estate. It may be my belief, I would like your opinion on that too.

Anyway, today I find myself stuck in this situation, not knowing where to run but continuing to study and move forward.

Well, I hope the reading wasn't too dense, I want above all to add and not just suck, even though I feel that I still don't have much to help like the great guys we have here.

Thanks in advance and if, something I went through someone is going through and realizes that I can help I'm here at your disposal.

When they have any changes they will update to be able to bring value to everyone.

It seems you was inspired and motivated by the books and people on this forum (Andy Black).
You also have some experience with starting side hustle businesses on your ideas.
Try to find some painful to consumers or businesses problem and find the best solution to the problem.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Glad something I've written has inspired you.

I only skimmed your post so am not sure where you're at and what your next step is.

I do think starting a B2B service is a good first step into freelancing and beyond. Maybe get to know your friend's businesses a bit more? Go for a coffee and have a chat about business and learn more about them, their business, and what they're hoping to do and struggling with?

Check out the first row of links in my signature if you've not done so already.

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
It seems you was inspired and motivated by the books and people on this forum (Andy Black).
You also have some experience with starting side hustle businesses on your ideas.
Try to find some painful to consumers or businesses problem and find the best solution to the problem.
Thanks for answering @Practic

So, I'm always inspired, but something stops me from taking action, it seems I'm not clear on what to do or I don't see the opportunities.

About starting side businesses, the only one I really started with was the affiliate business, but without a success that guarantees me to continue in this.

This is my current difficulty, finding problems to solve, I know that here in the forum and even in the book we read about "if you don't see problems it's because I think the world is perfect".

I've been focusing on trying to find it, but soon I get frustrated because I don't see anything and I stop, I do it again and I stop, I'm in this loop. It's not an excuse, it's what I've been up against and I want to get over it.

But about that a doubt or "belief" I have is that the city here is small, something around 24k inhabitants but only around 70% of that is urban, the rest are from the interior (agricultural).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
Glad something I've written has inspired you.

I only skimmed your post so am not sure where you're at and what your next step is.
Thanks for your answer Andy!

I wish I could turn all this inspiration into good deeds.

So, it might have been a bit confusing, I have a hard time explaining my process to other people.

I'm out of a job, living with my parents but with money to last 1 year if I don't get income. My current income is as an affiliate through Google Ads which gives less than R$ 1000.00 in profit (or U$D 200.00).

My next step would be to find that "problem to solve" and generate value to turn it into some income. I've been hitting this for a while.

And I don't care if it's a lifestyle business or a big deal that I sell one day, I want something that I get involved in the process and the feednack makes my wheel spin.
I do think starting a B2B service is a good first step into freelancing and beyond. Maybe get to know your friend's businesses a bit more? Go for a coffee and have a chat about business and learn more about them, their business, and what they're hoping to do and struggling with?
So this friend in question has a gym that has already started quite different from the others in the city, he combined traditional bodybuilding with functional exercises and mentality.

At the time, I was even supposed to be a partner, but we took different paths. A while ago he asked me if I could manage the sites and ads part but I was already very low and without self-confidence and I ended up not joining.

Today it already has a very good social media structure. When I called him a few months ago he said he didn't need anything and was calm.

But that was just for context.

Could it be that, as I replied to Practic, this factor of my town being very small and radio advertising being dominant (they are very influential) would not be a problem?

Another thing, the businesses here are from very old people who have a certain resistance to changing the traditional, what would be a way around that?

Check out the first row of links in my signature if you've not done so already.
I'll reread it, it's been a while and I may have seen it with certain beliefs at the time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for your answer Andy!

I wish I could turn all this inspiration into good deeds.

So, it might have been a bit confusing, I have a hard time explaining my process to other people.

I'm out of a job, living with my parents but with money to last 1 year if I don't get income. My current income is as an affiliate through Google Ads which gives less than R$ 1000.00 in profit (or U$D 200.00).

My next step would be to find that "problem to solve" and generate value to turn it into some income. I've been hitting this for a while.

And I don't care if it's a lifestyle business or a big deal that I sell one day, I want something that I get involved in the process and the feednack makes my wheel spin.

So this friend in question has a gym that has already started quite different from the others in the city, he combined traditional bodybuilding with functional exercises and mentality.

At the time, I was even supposed to be a partner, but we took different paths. A while ago he asked me if I could manage the sites and ads part but I was already very low and without self-confidence and I ended up not joining.

Today it already has a very good social media structure. When I called him a few months ago he said he didn't need anything and was calm.

But that was just for context.

Could it be that, as I replied to Practic, this factor of my town being very small and radio advertising being dominant (they are very influential) would not be a problem?

Another thing, the businesses here are from very old people who have a certain resistance to changing the traditional, what would be a way around that?

I'll reread it, it's been a while and I may have seen it with certain beliefs at the time.
I prefer not to convince people to buy.

I like this line instead:

"Sales is a screening process."
(Blaise Brosnan)

You're running Google Ads for your own affiliate offers and are profitable? Great! Maybe scale that or offer Google Ads as a service and get some clients?

"Grow what you know."

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Thanks for answering @Practic

So, I'm always inspired, but something stops me from taking action, it seems I'm not clear on what to do or I don't see the opportunities.

About starting side businesses, the only one I really started with was the affiliate business, but without a success that guarantees me to continue in this.

This is my current difficulty, finding problems to solve, I know that here in the forum and even in the book we read about "if you don't see problems it's because I think the world is perfect".

I've been focusing on trying to find it, but soon I get frustrated because I don't see anything and I stop, I do it again and I stop, I'm in this loop. It's not an excuse, it's what I've been up against and I want to get over it.

But about that a doubt or "belief" I have is that the city here is small, something around 24k inhabitants but only around 70% of that is urban, the rest are from the interior (agricultural).
"the only one I really started with was the affiliate business"

If you are familiar with affiliate marketing you may find success in referral marketing.
There are many problems that can be solved with referral marketing, for example:
-keep customers loyal;
-reduce churn rates among customers;
-win in a competition with big corporations;
-attract new customers in good and bad economic conditions;
-etc.

There are some problem to solve in referral marketing as well.

In business ideas section of this forum there are many posts with other types of problem to solve.

Think about our current situation (recession, inflation, political instability, etc.). There will be many problems to solve choose those you think offer best opportunities for you.

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
How about looking for people to help?
Sorry for the delay in replying, I was thinking more about this.

Yes, this is something I need to do, I even took some small actions but it was more for friends and family and not going back to B2B, but I ran out of ideas and ended up stopping (not giving up, just rethinking).

For example, I created a spending control for my brother who is a builder and could not see where the money was going.

Also a friend, because he had never worked or had any experience like this and wanted to undertake but couldn't leave the place, so I gave him some tips to find a job to at least have a source of income and then get some idea, as we thought here at FLF and it's been 2 weeks since he got it and he's very happy.

Well I was going to ask you how to do that, but I know that you have a lot of valuable content here about (I said I would reread it but I haven't) and other valuable guys as well like MustImprove. I will shoot there.
"Sales is a screening process."
This screening process, would it be to get some potential customers and see which ones would be at a stage of the funnel closer to buying the service/product?

You're running Google Ads for your own affiliate offers and are profitable? Great! Maybe scale that or offer Google Ads as a service and get some clients?
Yes, I do direct conversion campaigns for sales pages in the middle and bottom of the funnel. Also fundraising for launches, which would be collecting leads for the funnel and converting them later.

I had already thought about doing something similar for a friend who is a nutritionist but we didn't see an opportunity at the time.

But I have a question, do you think it would be relevant to do this due to the low number of searches here or should I go to bigger cities?

Of several terms that I looked for isolating my city, there is no one announcing it, practically nothing.

Thanks again for helping me out with this!

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
"the only one I really started with was the affiliate business"

If you are familiar with affiliate marketing you may find success in referral marketing.
There are many problems that can be solved with referral marketing, for example:
-keep customers loyal;
-reduce churn rates among customers;
-win in a competition with big corporations;
-attract new customers in good and bad economic conditions;
-etc.

There are some problem to solve in referral marketing as well.
Regarding referral marketing, you say, acting as an intermediary where you offer these solutions for companies to improve this relationship of being indicated by customers?

In business ideas section of this forum there are many posts with other types of problem to solve.
I'll look into this further, I'm reviewing what I've read here and I ended up missing something.

Think about our current situation (recession, inflation, political instability, etc.). There will be many problems to solve choose those you think offer best opportunities for you.
I'll look into this more, before that I was looking for complaints in everyday life, people on the internet talking about what they hate and more, but I realized that a lot are personal dramas by culture and then I was discouraged to see something really relevant.

Thanks for the answer bro!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
do you think it would be relevant to do this due to the low number of searches here or should I go to bigger cities?
Do it and find out?

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Regarding referral marketing, you say, acting as an intermediary where you offer these solutions for companies to improve this relationship of being indicated by customers?

I'll look into this further, I'm reviewing what I've read here and I ended up missing something.

I'll look into this more, before that I was looking for complaints in everyday life, people on the internet talking about what they hate and more, but I realized that a lot are personal dramas by culture and then I was discouraged to see something really relevant.

Thanks for the answer bro!
"Regarding referral marketing, you say, acting as an intermediary where you offer these solutions for companies to improve this relationship of being indicated by customers?"

This is one of the possible approaches. You provide them assistance to solve problems they have. As we are going into a recession consumers purchasing power will diminish. They will spend less and will be looking for cheaper prices, which leads to higher rates of churn among customers. By helping companies implement and manage referral or income sharing programs they will be able to keep customers loyal, reduce churn rates, attract new customers, increase competitive position, etc. For the reason that referral marketing is a new and fast growing field, there are no well established approaches, technologies, methodologies, etc. That is why there will be many opportunities in this field in the near future.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
We can talk all we want here, but the only thing that can turn your situation around brother is engaging with the market.

Whether you do this by leaving your house, or you do it by starting conversations with people online is less relevant.

But you’re never going to find pain-points in an efficient way by reading stuff online. That’s being passive.

Just pick a direction that you like - it can be ecommerce, building an agency, programming, freelancing, whatever. Doesn’t really matter what it is since you can be successful with any of them.

And then start engaging the market. Talk to people. Ask them about their problems. What they’d want to be different. And so on.

My advice is that you build a B2B business. 90% or more of the fastest growing companies around are B2B, I remember reading the stat somewhere. B2C is really hard to get right, most companies simply cannot secure distribution.

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
"Regarding referral marketing, you say, acting as an intermediary where you offer these solutions for companies to improve this relationship of being indicated by customers?"

This is one of the possible approaches. You provide them assistance to solve problems they have. As we are going into a recession consumers purchasing power will diminish. They will spend less and will be looking for cheaper prices, which leads to higher rates of churn among customers. By helping companies implement and manage referral or income sharing programs they will be able to keep customers loyal, reduce churn rates, attract new customers, increase competitive position, etc. For the reason that referral marketing is a new and fast growing field, there are no well established approaches, technologies, methodologies, etc. That is why there will be many opportunities in this field in the near future.
I understood what you meant.

It actually looks pretty promising. Of course, I have to get involved and involved and find out like Andy said.

Thanks, I'll put this in my search actions.

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
We can talk all we want here, but the only thing that can turn your situation around brother is engaging with the market.

Whether you do this by leaving your house, or you do it by starting conversations with people online is less relevant.

But you’re never going to find pain-points in an efficient way by reading stuff online. That’s being passive.
That's really true, being in this situation only generates comfort that won't solve any real problems, I need to get on the field more. You are right.

Just pick a direction that you like - it can be ecommerce, building an agency, programming, freelancing, whatever. Doesn’t really matter what it is since you can be successful with any of them.

And then start engaging the market. Talk to people. Ask them about their problems. What they’d want to be different. And so on.
In this case I don't have a specific taste, so I would have to take that, couple it with Andy's advice and start acting.

So, it would be interesting to separate by certain niches and start to engage with each one and thus verify which would be the most relevant problems to be solved, would this be a good start?

My advice is that you build a B2B business. 90% or more of the fastest growing companies around are B2B, I remember reading the stat somewhere. B2C is really hard to get right, most companies simply cannot secure distribution.
Yeah, really, I've been thinking about it, I think I've seen it here on the forum. Not to mention that companies have fewer differences in segmentation, which would facilitate understanding and action towards the niche.

Thank you for your dedicated time and help @Black_Dragon43

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That's really true, being in this situation only generates comfort that won't solve any real problems, I need to get on the field more. You are right.

In this case I don't have a specific taste, so I would have to take that, couple it with Andy's advice and start acting.

So, it would be interesting to separate by certain niches and start to engage with each one and thus verify which would be the most relevant problems to be solved, would this be a good start?

Yeah, really, I've been thinking about it, I think I've seen it here on the forum. Not to mention that companies have fewer differences in segmentation, which would facilitate understanding and action towards the niche.

Thank you for your dedicated time and help @Black_Dragon43
The common theme, and answer to the thread title, is to get in motion. Start putting one foot in front of another and adjust as you go. "You can't steer a parked car" as James Schramko says.

B2B is good if you want to level up your business skills fast. You'll surround yourself with business folks and will have no choice.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

The point here isn’t which one has the most relevant problems to be solved - there are problems to be solved and millions to be made in virtually all niches.

The real question is which one are YOU most suited for? First get your own owner-market fit and then focus on product-market fit.

The niche you go after is less of a question of “where is the money?” and more of a question of “what do you want to be doing?”.

Making money is possible when you do something you totally hate - but why not combine it with something you have some natural attraction to or aptitudes for?

In what niches do you already have experience in? Focus on those. Having some knowledge to start with will be a massive help on speeding up your progress.

I’m not saying go after your passion here — maybe your passion is say knitting. There may be no market that allows you sit in a chair and knit all day long. BUT there will certainly be a market in a knitting related business such as education for people who are passionate about knitting, an ecommerce business selling threads to knitters on even clothing manufacturers, etc. there’s a ton of possibilities. Pick something in the direction of your experience and interests.

Even MJ started a limo lead gen business. One of his passions was driving and cars. He couldn’t make millions driving the cars, but he certainly could building a business in the direction of those interests.

This is how I understand the expression “follow your bliss”. You trust your heart to guide you in the right direction, and THEN refine based on a pragmatic understanding of what the market needs and what you can get paid for. But totally ignoring your heart and just going after what has “most money” is likely to lead to failure. The reality is that it’s very hard to build a business. And if you have nothing but money fueling you, you’ll be beaten by those guys who have more fuel than you because they don’t get their energy just from money!

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
The common theme, and answer to the thread title, is to get in motion. Start putting one foot in front of another and adjust as you go. "You can't steer a parked car" as James Schramko says.

B2B is good if you want to level up your business skills fast. You'll surround yourself with business folks and will have no choice.
Yeah, I realize that this "having an obligation" is very present in many good topics around here.

I will take some actions here and come back with an update here.

Thanks Andy!

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
The real question is which one are YOU most suited for? First get your own owner-market fit and then focus on product-market fit.
I didn't understand your sentence very well, can you explain it to me?

The niche you go after is less of a question of “where is the money?” and more of a question of “what do you want to be doing?”.
About that, yes, I agree, I already eliminated this thought of looking for where the money is, I wanted to refer to the relevance in the sense of indicators that can be a good problem to be solved, that generates feedback.

Making money is possible when you do something you totally hate - but why not combine it with something you have some natural attraction to or aptitudes for?

In what niches do you already have experience in? Focus on those. Having some knowledge to start with will be a massive help on speeding up your progress.

I’m not saying go after your passion here — maybe your passion is say knitting. There may be no market that allows you sit in a chair and knit all day long. BUT there will certainly be a market in a knitting related business such as education for people who are passionate about knitting, an ecommerce business selling threads to knitters on even clothing manufacturers, etc. there’s a ton of possibilities. Pick something in the direction of your experience and interests.

Even MJ started a limo lead gen business. One of his passions was driving and cars. He couldn’t make millions driving the cars, but he certainly could building a business in the direction of those interests.
Very good what you said, it made me think when I was thinking about creating content about personal development, which is what I had a good evolution and talks a lot about, but always looking to do more of the same and not "sell the shovel" .

I don't have much experience or tastes (at least I think so) but I'll analyze what you told me from this other perspective.

And if you have nothing but money fueling you, you’ll be beaten by those guys who have more fuel than you because they don’t get their energy just from money!
That last sentence, would it be the passion for building that?

Thank you again!

Ytcho's

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 9, 2021
Well, it's been a while since I created this topic and I'm going to post an update that I found interesting.

I've been trying to act and unfortunately procrastinating a lot, but I finally took a good action, even a small one.

A while ago I did a physical assessment with my nutritionist friend and in the conversations he became interested in the Google Ads strategy and that he had already tried to do something and had not had good results.

Recently he came to me to help him get started with this and that's what we're doing now, I'm focusing on helping him sell his weight loss group, which are monthly group follow-up classes that he's been doing since the end of the year past.

Organically he got a good result and would like to climb.

It will be the first time that traffic will be directed to a sales page that he created himself and now I have given some tips on how to improve it and I will also take care of the campaign that will start tomorrow 01/23/23 and will remain open until the end of the month for the new class.

About the segmentations that I will use will depend a lot on what he is willing to spend.

I know that for the middle of the funnel the terms "weight loss group" (I just put quotes to highlight, but I'll use more variations) has little search but it was the hottest I found. This at the level of Brazil.

I'm thinking of opening up this funnel more, but then considering some target audience segmentations that he will pass on to me.

So far, that's it, this first one, due to being on deadline and being my first experience with paid traffic outside the affiliate world, I decided not to charge, well it could be a mistake but what I want is to make it successful to validate my knowledge and who knows how to follow this path.

So far, that's it.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Well, it's been a while since I created this topic and I'm going to post an update that I found interesting.

I've been trying to act and unfortunately procrastinating a lot, but I finally took a good action, even a small one.

A while ago I did a physical assessment with my nutritionist friend and in the conversations he became interested in the Google Ads strategy and that he had already tried to do something and had not had good results.

Recently he came to me to help him get started with this and that's what we're doing now, I'm focusing on helping him sell his weight loss group, which are monthly group follow-up classes that he's been doing since the end of the year past.

Organically he got a good result and would like to climb.

It will be the first time that traffic will be directed to a sales page that he created himself and now I have given some tips on how to improve it and I will also take care of the campaign that will start tomorrow 01/23/23 and will remain open until the end of the month for the new class.

About the segmentations that I will use will depend a lot on what he is willing to spend.

I know that for the middle of the funnel the terms "weight loss group" (I just put quotes to highlight, but I'll use more variations) has little search but it was the hottest I found. This at the level of Brazil.

I'm thinking of opening up this funnel more, but then considering some target audience segmentations that he will pass on to me.

So far, that's it, this first one, due to being on deadline and being my first experience with paid traffic outside the affiliate world, I decided not to charge, well it could be a mistake but what I want is to make it successful to validate my knowledge and who knows how to follow this path.

So far, that's it.
You can try Pinterest as well. It is free and does not require a lot of efforts. You need some pictures (you can get for free from Canva, etc.)) Here are results of my experiments.
1. Created 6 pins (15 minutes)
2. Scheduled them on Pinteests with interval of two days.
After 20 days get 37 views and 19 clicks.
This is all for free. Pinterest has a paid options starting from $1/day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.