The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Toilet issues

Would you buy a box to try?

• Yes

• No

• Hell no!

• I'd give it a go...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
One thing that MJ spoke about which has stuck in my mind (from either TMF or Unscripted) was that your Fastlane concept doesn't have to (and possibly shouldn't) be your "passion".

Also, that one should always keep their ears open to when people mention something that they "hate" or "I wish this..." etc.

And so, with that in mind, I have had my mind open to some off-centre ideas. The idea that I have currently - because I hate scrubbing a marked toilet - is to create a drop-into-the-bowl toilet tablet which quickly dissolves the bio-waste residue without the need for the scrubbing brush.

Now, I know there are already toilet tabs out there which are installed in the cistern area, but my tabs would be dropped into the bowl itself and act in a more rapid way; effectively making the toilet brush obsolete for scrubbing below the water line.

My wife thinks it's a foolish idea.

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Well these things already do that. They are designed for limescale but they clear everything.

Do you not have them where you live?

Realistically they are not supposed to be used for that only because that makes no sense. I just throw one in automatically every Sunday night. 32p a tablet. (£17 a year)

If you did it every time and had more than one person in the house as you do, costs would stack up for something not that big of a deal.

Dan

PS: No idea why the link says delivered to the USA as I am in UK and the shop is round the corner from me. Plus you are in Australia.

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I clicked stargazer's link. I saw nothing. I was disappointed.

Based on that reaction, I'm guessing I'd at least consider buying them...

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
One thing that MJ spoke about which has stuck in my mind (from either TMF or Unscripted) was that your Fastlane concept doesn't have to (and possibly shouldn't) be your "passion".

Also, that one should always keep their ears open to when people mention something that they "hate" or "I wish this..." etc.

And so, with that in mind, I have had my mind open to some off-centre ideas. The idea that I have currently - because I hate scrubbing a marked toilet - is to create a drop-into-the-bowl toilet tablet which quickly dissolves the bio-waste residue without the need for the scrubbing brush.

Now, I know there are already toilet tabs out there which are installed in the cistern area, but my tabs would be dropped into the bowl itself and act in a more rapid way; effectively making the toilet brush obsolete for scrubbing below the water line.

What do you guys think?
Do you have a sketch? I can't really imagine it in my head for some reason.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
I would totally buy. There is a huge need.

My biggest concern is getting the technology for this drop in the bowl tablet to be able to reach the high areas without scrubbing... under the rim.

Look at the clorox toilet drop tablets on Amazon and there is a lot of 1 star and 2 star reviews.

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
Heaps of great feedback here. Thank you all. I will begin designing and concocting samples to trial at home.

It seems it's not such a crazy idea after all. Lol.

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
Well these things already do that. They are designed for limescale but they clear everything.

Do you not have them where you live?

Realistically they are not supposed to be used for that only because that makes no sense. I just throw one in automatically every Sunday night. 32p a tablet. (£17 a year)

If you did it every time and had more than one person in the house as you do, costs would stack up for something not that big of a deal.

Dan

PS: No idea why the link says delivered to the USA as I am in UK and the shop is round the corner from me. Plus you are in Australia.
I was thinking about having my own subscription-style ordering, just like Dollar Shave Club. I'd still have to work out quantities and costs, as I'm super early on in the process, but it would have to be cost effective for the consumer, of course. Cheers man

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

What do you guys think?

Almost every time I have to clean it, I think of this. I've invented (in my head) several versions of the 'self cleaning toilet', however they would all end up costing about 100 x a normal toilet would.

I'm intrigued to know just how you would get the higher up stains.... Oh wait a minute, you live in the States right?

You guys have so much more water in there than we do in the UK, so a tab you dropped into the toilet, wouldn't touch the sides. Quite literally!

EDIT: Just seen your nickname, of course you're not American! Lol.

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
Almost every time I have to clean it, I think of this. I've invented (in my head) several versions of the 'self cleaning toilet', however they would all end up costing about 100 x a normal toilet would.

I'm intrigued to know just how you would get the higher up stains.... Oh wait a minute, you live in the States right?

You guys have so much more water in there than we do in the UK, so a tab you dropped into the toilet, wouldn't touch the sides. Quite literally!

EDIT: Just seen your nickname, of course you're not American! Lol.
Ha, all good mate.

While my original idea was a toilet spray to dissolve the stains on the side, and I may still pursue this, the tab would obviously only work within the water level. The biggest win being that it would clean the hidden side of the S-bend that a toilet brush never reaches.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Ha, all good mate.

While my original idea was a toilet spray to dissolve the stains on the side, and I may still pursue this, the tab would obviously only work within the water level. The biggest win being that it would clean the hidden side of the S-bend that a toilet brush never reaches.

Hmm, I'm kind of an out of sight, out of mind kinda guy!

We need a solution for above water stains!!

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Boom. Create a toilet that has a "cleaning mode" button on the side. Once clicked the water raises all the way to the brim and then injects the cleaner into the water. Then after 30 minutes (or however long the cleaner takes) the toilet flushes itself. If someone really has to use the toilet while its in cleaning mode just flush it to go back to normal. Put the cleaning liquid in the back of the toilet so it can be refilled. Boom. Self-cleaning. Patent that. Sell it.

Only problem is it might be a hard sell. It will be more expensive for people. And rich people hire cleaners so they don't care.

My thought is: If you're just cleaning under the water and I'm going to have to scrub above the water anyway then I'll just scrub all of it. Why waste my time and money and effort with what you're talking about. But if i can just click a button... Now we're talking..

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
The biggest win being that it would clean the hidden side of the S-bend that a toilet brush never reaches.
I doubt the average consumer cares about this at all. I know I don't.

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
Boom. Create a toilet that has a "cleaning mode" button on the side. Once clicked the water raises all the way to the brim and then injects the cleaner into the water. Then after 30 minutes (or however long the cleaner takes) the toilet flushes itself. If someone really has to use the toilet while its in cleaning mode just flush it to go back to normal. Put the cleaning liquid in the back of the toilet so it can be refilled. Boom. Self-cleaning. Patent that. Sell it.

Only problem is it might be a hard sell. It will be more expensive for people. And rich people hire cleaners so they don't care.

My thought is: If you're just cleaning under the water and I'm going to have to scrub above the water anyway then I'll just scrub all of it. Why waste my time and money and effort with what you're talking about. But if i can just click a button... Now we're talking..
Thank you for your opinion. It's good to get both sides :)

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
Harpic Power Plus Tablets 8 Pack Delivered to USA
This looks like it only cleans limescale and I think OP wants to remove human waste stains?

I feel you on a visceral level. Public restrooms are one of my worst fears, especially #2. I explained this before on another post but if I am within 10 minutes of home, I will drive back and use my bathroom.

I've seen foaming items for draining sinks and whatnot, so maybe go that route or develop some sort of film you can easily plaster or coat the toilet bowl with?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Here's the real idea: The yuck part isn't the scrubbing, it's the brush itself. You know, removing it from the toilet and knowing it was all in there and stuff. At least that's what it is for me, I don't care about the brushing part.

Make a (biodegradable, PLEASE) brush/loofah thingy that can be detached from the handle and flushed or just plainly biodegradable to toss in the trash and I'll buy them by the dozen. Kinda like swiffer pads. But PLEASE biodegradable. We don't need more trash.

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
This looks like it only cleans limescale and I think OP wants to remove human waste stains?

I feel you on a visceral level. Public restrooms are one of my worst fears, especially #2. I explained this before on another post but if I am within 10 minutes of home, I will drive back and use my bathroom.

I've seen foaming items for draining sinks and whatnot, so maybe go that route or develop some sort of film you can easily plaster or coat the toilet bowl with?
I was thinking of going down the foaming/effervescent route, yes. :)

Aussie Dan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 16, 2019
Bunbury WA
Here's the real idea: The yuck part isn't the scrubbing, it's the brush itself. You know, removing it from the toilet and knowing it was all in there and stuff. At least that's what it is for me, I don't care about the brushing part.

Make a (biodegradable, PLEASE) brush/loofah thingy that can be detached from the handle and flushed or just plainly biodegradable to toss in the trash and I'll buy them by the dozen. Kinda like swiffer pads. But PLEASE biodegradable. We don't need more trash.
I am fully on-board the biodegradable/enviro-friendly path.

Certainly an interesting idea - the throw-/flush-away brush!! I'd never considered the concept.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.