The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Marketing, social media, advertising

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello everyone, I am looking to improve my knowledge in marketing in order to better promote my various projects. I try to be more impactful in my future publications on the networks: YouTube, Facebook etc.
I recently learned something cool that worked for me is slipping in words like:
How? 'Or' What...
the secrets of ....
Warning !....
Most....
in the publication you want to promote.
Do you know any other?
Do not hesitate if you have sources so that I can learn how to write more impactful posts to attract potential prospects, it would help me a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
I was currently reading the sponsored offers in this forum. Here are some examples. In my opinion, the underlined words skyrocket the sellings.

- Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
- New: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
- Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
- Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
- You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - Lighthouse's Accountability Program

Basically, action calls, gift offers, superlatives and solving problems for other people sell the most.

Last edited:

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I was currently reading the sponsored offers in this forum. Here are some examples. In my opinion, the underlined words skyrocket the sellings.

- Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
- New: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
- Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
- Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful
- You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - Lighthouse's Accountability Program

Basically, action calls, gift offers, superlatives and solving problems for other people sell the most.
Thank you very much, this is a very good tip! I noted it ;)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I didn't have time to write this myself, so I used my trusted AI - Jarvis to do it for me. Here is what he wrote to reply to this thread. Not bad! :) @MTF @MJ DeMarco

Writing a good title, whether for an essay or article or blog post is probably one of the most important tasks to accomplish after actually writing the content. A poor choice in titles will result in less views and not as many people reading your work. However, how can you write a good title? There are lots of styles and techniques that you can use, one of them being the "sensationalist" tactic.

What is a sensationalist title? A sensationalist title uses strong words that are meant to evoke emotion or fear in its readers, thus getting more views and reads. Negative emotions will always get more attention than positive ones, because people tend to click "share", "retweet", or link to articles that make them feel either happy or annoyed etc.

For example:

Titles that are sensationalist use words like "horrifying" , "shocking", and even exaggerating things through word choice like "DEADLY" . Even though there is no actual death toll, the wording still triggers a response. It makes people think that it's going to be something important and bad, thus causing them to read further.

To create a sensationalist title, try using certain words like:

Horrifying

Disturbing

Shocking

Amazing facts

Sensational things to know

Incredible facts

Another technique that can be used is to use numbers or statistics. Numbers are very powerful because they give the feeling of being scientific, which makes it more credible. However, this isn't always the case. Sometimes using numbers can have an opposite effect and make people think it's not important.

Using numbers in the title, for example '7 tips to make your articles more interesting' or '5 ways to improve your blog posts'. You can also use comparisons such as "better" or "best". Titles with words like "how to", "5 ways to", "10 ways to" are also eye-catching.

Another tip is using the most relevant keyword in your title, thus ensuring that people who search for this word will find it more easily on the web. For example, if you were writing an article about how to stay cool during summer, you could include words like 'cooling down', 'stay cool', etc. This will attract people who are searching for these words and will make it easier to be found online by them.

Other types of titles that aren't necessarily sensationalist, but still catch people's attention include:

Questions : Asking questions in the title makes you seem like you're willing to help people and answer their questions. This also makes people feel more involved in the article, as if they're being personally asked something.

Examples:

What do you think of my new blog design?

Do you like this website?

When will I ever learn to use punctuation correctly? (this one uses an actual question for a title)

Miketing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 7, 2014
You'll find it actually depends a lot more on your audience and your offer rather than the "magic words" you use.

E.g. you could go to a super thirsty guy who's just eaten a huge meal and say "FREE Hot Dogs - Eat Now!" - but really he just wants a glass of water.

So focus on first understanding your market. Who are they? What do they want? What kind of terminology do they use? How does your offer help them get what they want?

A lot of the headline tactics have already been overused...

Like "DENTISTS HATE HER! This ONE Trick TRANSFORMED This One 56-Year Old Stay At Home Mom's Life..."

You might find the book Great Leads interesting. It focuses on headlines/titles and how to craft them based on the awareness level of your customer.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I didn't have time to write this myself, so I used my trusted AI - Jarvis to do it for me. Here is what he wrote to reply to this thread. Not bad! :) @MTF @MJ DeMarco

Writing a good title, whether for an essay or article or blog post is probably one of the most important tasks to accomplish after actually writing the content. A poor choice in titles will result in less views and not as many people reading your work. However, how can you write a good title? There are lots of styles and techniques that you can use, one of them being the "sensationalist" tactic.

What is a sensationalist title? A sensationalist title uses strong words that are meant to evoke emotion or fear in its readers, thus getting more views and reads. Negative emotions will always get more attention than positive ones, because people tend to click "share", "retweet", or link to articles that make them feel either happy or annoyed etc.

For example:

Titles that are sensationalist use words like "horrifying" , "shocking", and even exaggerating things through word choice like "DEADLY" . Even though there is no actual death toll, the wording still triggers a response. It makes people think that it's going to be something important and bad, thus causing them to read further.

To create a sensationalist title, try using certain words like:

Horrifying

Disturbing

Shocking

Amazing facts

Sensational things to know

Incredible facts

Another technique that can be used is to use numbers or statistics. Numbers are very powerful because they give the feeling of being scientific, which makes it more credible. However, this isn't always the case. Sometimes using numbers can have an opposite effect and make people think it's not important.

Using numbers in the title, for example '7 tips to make your articles more interesting' or '5 ways to improve your blog posts'. You can also use comparisons such as "better" or "best". Titles with words like "how to", "5 ways to", "10 ways to" are also eye-catching.

Another tip is using the most relevant keyword in your title, thus ensuring that people who search for this word will find it more easily on the web. For example, if you were writing an article about how to stay cool during summer, you could include words like 'cooling down', 'stay cool', etc. This will attract people who are searching for these words and will make it easier to be found online by them.

Other types of titles that aren't necessarily sensationalist, but still catch people's attention include:

Questions : Asking questions in the title makes you seem like you're willing to help people and answer their questions. This also makes people feel more involved in the article, as if they're being personally asked something.

Examples:

What do you think of my new blog design?

Do you like this website?

When will I ever learn to use punctuation correctly? (this one uses an actual question for a title)
Wow, that's a great answer! Thank you very much anyway, and congratulations to the AI who is doing very well by the way;)

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
You'll find it actually depends a lot more on your audience and your offer rather than the "magic words" you use.

E.g. you could go to a super thirsty guy who's just eaten a huge meal and say "FREE Hot Dogs - Eat Now!" - but really he just wants a glass of water.

So focus on first understanding your market. Who are they? What do they want? What kind of terminology do they use? How does your offer help them get what they want?

Like "DENTISTS HATE HER! This ONE Trick TRANSFORMED This One 56-Year Old Stay At Home Mom's Life..."

You might find the book Great Leads interesting. It focuses on headlines/titles and how to craft them based on the awareness level of your customer.
It is true that it is just as interesting and above all interesting to target your messages well. I will try all this anyway :D Thank you very much for the book!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

This.

It depends on your audience/visitor/browser and what they’re doing and want at that precise moment in time.

I like my headlines simple, non-sensational, relevant, and designed to filter out those who wouldn’t be interested.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Thank you very much for your help !

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Study thumbnails and video titles on YouTube. That’s an interesting lesson in grabbing attention and standing out - to searchers and to browsers.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Study thumbnails and video titles on YouTube. That’s an interesting lesson in grabbing attention and standing out - to searchers and to browsers.
It is true that they are often very worked ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.