The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tips Welcome: Launching a blog and growing to 6 figures+

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

RobbieFoston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 12, 2021
London, UK
Hi All,

I've launched a blog. The blog is based around old-school bodybuilding, which is a passion of mine but it's also an area that with a need (as per the CENTS laws). My blog is nothing new, but the main skew in my favor is the quality of the website. Most bodybuilding websites are trash - they're normally run by meatheads who have no idea what they're doing.

I also don't know what I'm doing, but I'm willing to learn more than others. As far as I can work out, the idea follows the CENTS framework.

CONTROL: I own the website and the email newsletter database. I don't own the social platforms but I'm using them to grow. If the platforms get taken down tomorrow, I'd still have my website.

ENTRY: This one is the weakest. Anybody could start this blog. However, it does require a lot of research and would be pretty hard if you're not interested in bodybuilding. I've spent years studying the field so I have a headstart on most who would try and compete.

NEED: There is a need for this website. Yes, other bodybuilding websites exist, but as I mentioned they're mostly rubbish. My website also has a slight skew in that it focuses on the Silver Era of bodybuilding (pre-arnold) which is rare and nobody else is doing it so specifically.

TIME: The website is not monetized yet, but when it is it will make money independent of my time. The time input is maintaining the site and creating content (which could eventually be outsourced). Revenue ideas are ads, affiliates, ebook etc.

SCALE: It's a website so scale is unlimited. All monetization routes will also be scalable as I won't offer any services.

The social media side of the business is doing well. Below are some stats:
Instagram - 16.6k followers
TikTok - 900 followers (one video got over 100k views)
Facebook Group: 900 followers
Twitter: 0 (started today)

The goal is to grow this into a business that is paying me around £2k a month. Ultimately I'd like to sell the business.

Let me know what you think - any tips, advice etc would be greatly appreciated!

Peace
Robbie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
How do you plan on getting people to your blog?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi All,

I've launched a blog. The blog is based around old-school bodybuilding, which is a passion of mine but it's also an area that with a need (as per the CENTS laws). My blog is nothing new, but the main skew in my favor is the quality of the website. Most bodybuilding websites are trash - they're normally run by meatheads who have no idea what they're doing.

I also don't know what I'm doing, but I'm willing to learn more than others. As far as I can work out, the idea follows the CENTS framework.

CONTROL: I own the website and the email newsletter database. I don't own the social platforms but I'm using them to grow. If the platforms get taken down tomorrow, I'd still have my website.

ENTRY: This one is the weakest. Anybody could start this blog. However, it does require a lot of research and would be pretty hard if you're not interested in bodybuilding. I've spent years studying the field so I have a headstart on most who would try and compete.

NEED: There is a need for this website. Yes, other bodybuilding websites exist, but as I mentioned they're mostly rubbish. My website also has a slight skew in that it focuses on the Silver Era of bodybuilding (pre-arnold) which is rare and nobody else is doing it so specifically.

TIME: The website is not monetized yet, but when it is it will make money independent of my time. The time input is maintaining the site and creating content (which could eventually be outsourced). Revenue ideas are ads, affiliates, ebook etc.

SCALE: It's a website so scale is unlimited. All monetization routes will also be scalable as I won't offer any services.

The social media side of the business is doing well. Below are some stats:
Instagram - 16.6k followers
TikTok - 900 followers (one video got over 100k views)
Facebook Group: 900 followers
Twitter: 0 (started today)

The goal is to grow this into a business that is paying me around £2k a month. Ultimately I'd like to sell the business.

Let me know what you think - any tips, advice etc would be greatly appreciated!

Peace
Robbie
Cool.

Social media and YouTube for discoverability.

Email newsletter, blog, podcast, longer form videos for deepening the relationship.

Are you going to create an email newsletter or otherwise get people’s email addresses?

RobbieFoston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 12, 2021
London, UK
Yeah, I have an email newsletter. Currently sending out once a week with new articles posted that week. I would like to do something a bit different with it but struggling with ideas.

The website currently gets traffic via social media mostly. I'm learning SEO as well. The page ranks high for some keywords. They're not big topics but gets some visitors to the page!

@Andy Black @Mathuin Do you have any recommendations on monetization? The site is very niche so whilst it will do well, the volume won't be high enough to make google ads a viable route. It's a difficult one because the industry is so saturated in terms of products and apparel etc, but the niche I target isn't saturated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
@Andy Black @Mathuin Do you have any recommendations on monetization? The site is very niche so whilst it will do well, the volume won't be high enough to make google ads a viable route. It's a difficult one because the industry is so saturated in terms of products and apparel etc, but the niche I target isn't saturated.
A lot of creators have been making a good bit with training programs.

Like I said last month in your previous thread, you could design a training program and your angle be around attaining the silver era natural physique.

Affiliate links for products that you actually use and work.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.