The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost 6-Figure Income After Gut-Wrenching Fall-Out With Business Partner. Launching new "do-or-die" coaching business... I'm documenting my journey!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jo_t95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2023
Hey everyone, kinda new here. Been lurking on-and-off, but decided to create a new account and start documenting my journey.

About a month ago, I had a falling out with my business partner of almost 1 year where we ran a mid-ranged 6 figure business together. I'd been making a tidy 6-figure income for myself as part of that partnership and, almost overnight, I lost everything.

I'm left holding a bag of overheads and bills in my life with no monetary income coming in. Nil. Zilch. Nada.

What I have to do now is to launch a new business off the ground to finance my life and replace the one I've lost. I aim to get this puppy up and running in 3 weeks.

Why? Because I'm not an employee wanker after I've seen what I've seen working for myself as a business owner AND the outsized returns one can achieve by running your own gig, this makes the most sense to me. On the other hand, for me to even get a taste of my previous 6-figure income as a corporate employee would likely take me 7-10 years of working my butt off for somebody else to then possibly achieve it. Thanks... but no thanks.

Without further ado, let's get started.

Starting Point Of My Journey

I have a pool of money set aside, and this time it's GO-TIME. I have to start a new business from scratch using some of the skills I've picked up along my entrepreneurial journey so far, such as:
- copywriting​
- creating marketing funnels and pages​
- running facebook/instagram ads​
- video sales letter scripting & presenting​
- 1:1 sales in-person and over the phone​
- 1:many sales done on webinars​

A couple of business philosophies I'll be adhering to (I've decided to post them here so I can be kept accountable):
  1. Aim to keep business clients for life (corollary 1: the aim of the first sale made is to obtain a customer; corollary 2: it's cheaper to sell to an existing customer than it is to sell to a new one; corollary 3: the business that can spend the most amount of money to acquire a customer wins)
  2. Charge more and earn more money solving 'rich people' problems (I'd rather service 1 client at $15,000 then have 30 clients paying me $500 each -- higher paying clients are usually easier to service, and they're typically easier to achieve results for as well)
  3. People pay others A LOT of money to help them think - so think hard and keep my edge sharp in the marketplace
  4. Aim to stay in the game forever (ie- play an Infinite Game) and so, only do work I can be proud of
  5. Have unimpeachable character

The Gamplan

I'll keep the gameplan simple. More often than not, novice entrepreneurs think up epic gameplans and business models which unconsciously keeps them bogged down in the details and forgetting one of the most crucial elements of starting and growing a business -- taking MASSIVE ACTION.

Instead, what I've found works extremely well is in identifying a business model, or funnel, that works by simply modelling successful competitors in the niche you're targeting, and making an informed guess as to what would work best for your specific business offering/solution. Then testing & optimising that in the marketplace.

It's possible to obtain a 7-figure business by exploiting the heck out of an effective 3 to 4 -step working funnel.

Having said that, here's what my funnel will look like:
  1. A Landing Page with Video Sales Letter on my proprietary solution ('unique mechanism' for you marketing-folk out there ) with an Opt-In box to book a Strategy Session with me. Needless to say, I will include a bulleted-list of benefits for hopping on that call, an irresistible 'stupid' offer with bonuses for taking up that call, social proof of what that call will do for them etc., leading to...
  2. A Thank-you Page with more social proof on my proprietary method, peppered with...
  3. An Auto-Responder Email Sequence containing cold, hard, unhampered value, along with...
  4. Email Reminders leading up to the sales call, and finally...
  5. Hopping on a Sales Call with me to obtain high-ticket coaching and done-with-you services
My ideal client and my service offering to them will mainly be coaching and consulting services (including real work and measured results) to help them:
  1. Fix and optimise their frontend lead-generation funnel using 'paid workshops' and closing scripts for a low-ticket offering (typically $30-$100 a pop)
  2. Creation and execution of a 'paid workshop' presentation that includes an embedded sales pitch and an orchestrated upsell to a larger package (typically $497-$1997 per pop)
  3. Optimising their in-person sales processes and offer sequences for high-value ascension of their very best clients (dependent on their specific business model & industry)
From there, my secret evil plan is to identify my best-performing clients and enter partnerships with them to expand their business and transmute those business into a franchising model.

The underlying theme here is to for me to help them set all that up and get it off the ground by applying my whole lead-generation & sales expertise to closing deals for obtaining franchisees for their brand.

Did I mention before that I've ever done a short stint helping the owner of a local tuition brand expand his tuition franchise across Southeast Asia when I was trying to earn money to put myself through college?
I did this first by signing up as one of his part-time tutors, then convincing him I possessed skills that would be valuable to him and his business, providing value to him and getting the role for his franchising plan, and finally executing - helping him close 3 franchising deals in 2 months before COVID hit.

Yup, if you've read this far congrats. You now know Jo's secret evil capitalist plan.

Reasons To Have A Potent Backend Business-Offering Brewing In The Background:

Damn, that was a mouthful.

This backend portion of the gameplan (partnering up with clients and helping them switch up their business model to include franchising) is crucial because:
a) i like to enter deals and business relationships for life (refer to my business philosophies above)​
b) i believe i have an edge in this field that can serve them and value-add​
c) rather than starting my own portfolio of assets (read: businesses) on my own, i'd rather partner with folk who already have a working model and have put in time/sweat/effort-equity into getting that off the ground, and then leveraging that by offering my value-in-kind that's aligned with my specific edge (sales, online marketing, lead-gen, business modelling & foresight)​
Moving on...

How You Can Help

Okay so all this sounds fine and dandy, but why am I posting here then, and what has all this have to do with you?

It's simple actually. You can help by keeping me accountable, being a willing, listening ear to my inane ramblings... and also by providing me feedback on my posts, ideas, concepts, and techniques I've employed and have shared with you.

I want to know the things that you find most interesting -- the things you'd love my expanding upon that seem just downright spine-chillingly spooky YET effective in the marketplace to yield crazy, outsized returns.

...And also because I just love sharing the techniques I pick up along the way and mindset-level stuff that I've discovered to really move the needle forward.

Like, is it just me or is there wayy too much "nonsensical BS" floating around in the internet space right now? I've simply decided to double-down on the things that work. That's my obsession.

At the end of the day, I'm just really tired of wankers this wouldn't be any fun if I accomplished this all on my own. So instead, why not come join my on my journey? Let's F*cking go.

P.S. - i'm documenting my journey as i re-build my income after an ugly falling out with business partner. i'm sharing the cool things learnt along the way. please keep me accountable and provide me feedback as well. i love that shit.

P.P.S. - i'll be posting daily.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon45x4yB

Hey everyone, kinda new here. Been lurking on-and-off, but decided to create a new account and start documenting my journey.

About a month ago, I had a falling out with my business partner of almost 1 year where we ran a mid-ranged 6 figure business together. I'd been making a tidy 6-figure income for myself as part of that partnership and, almost overnight, I lost everything.

I'm left holding a bag of overheads and bills in my life with no monetary income coming in. Nil. Zilch. Nada.

What I have to do now is to launch a new business off the ground to finance my life and replace the one I've lost. I aim to get this puppy up and running in 3 weeks.

Why? Because I'm not an employee wanker after I've seen what I've seen working for myself as a business owner AND the outsized returns one can achieve by running your own gig, this makes the most sense to me. On the other hand, for me to even get a taste of my previous 6-figure income as a corporate employee would likely take me 7-10 years of working my butt off for somebody else to then possibly achieve it. Thanks... but no thanks.

Without further ado, let's get started.

Starting Point Of My Journey

I have a pool of money set aside, and this time it's GO-TIME. I have to start a new business from scratch using some of the skills I've picked up along my entrepreneurial journey so far, such as:
- copywriting​
- creating marketing funnels and pages​
- running facebook/instagram ads​
- video sales letter scripting & presenting​
- 1:1 sales in-person and over the phone​
- 1:many sales done on webinars​

A couple of business philosophies I'll be adhering to (I've decided to post them here so I can be kept accountable):
  1. Aim to keep business clients for life (corollary 1: the aim of the first sale made is to obtain a customer; corollary 2: it's cheaper to sell to an existing customer than it is to sell to a new one; corollary 3: the business that can spend the most amount of money to acquire a customer wins)
  2. Charge more and earn more money solving 'rich people' problems (I'd rather service 1 client at $15,000 then have 30 clients paying me $500 each -- higher paying clients are usually easier to service, and they're typically easier to achieve results for as well)
  3. People pay others A LOT of money to help them think - so think hard and keep my edge sharp in the marketplace
  4. Aim to stay in the game forever (ie- play an Infinite Game) and so, only do work I can be proud of
  5. Have unimpeachable character

The Gamplan

I'll keep the gameplan simple. More often than not, novice entrepreneurs think up epic gameplans and business models which unconsciously keeps them bogged down in the details and forgetting one of the most crucial elements of starting and growing a business -- taking MASSIVE ACTION.

Instead, what I've found works extremely well is in identifying a business model, or funnel, that works by simply modelling successful competitors in the niche you're targeting, and making an informed guess as to what would work best for your specific business offering/solution. Then testing & optimising that in the marketplace.

It's possible to obtain a 7-figure business by exploiting the heck out of an effective 3 to 4 -step working funnel.

Having said that, here's what my funnel will look like:
  1. A Landing Page with Video Sales Letter on my proprietary solution ('unique mechanism' for you marketing-folk out there ) with an Opt-In box to book a Strategy Session with me. Needless to say, I will include a bulleted-list of benefits for hopping on that call, an irresistible 'stupid' offer with bonuses for taking up that call, social proof of what that call will do for them etc., leading to...
  2. A Thank-you Page with more social proof on my proprietary method, peppered with...
  3. An Auto-Responder Email Sequence containing cold, hard, unhampered value, along with...
  4. Email Reminders leading up to the sales call, and finally...
  5. Hopping on a Sales Call with me to obtain high-ticket coaching and done-with-you services
My ideal client and my service offering to them will mainly be coaching and consulting services (including real work and measured results) to help them:
  1. Fix and optimise their frontend lead-generation funnel using 'paid workshops' and closing scripts for a low-ticket offering (typically $30-$100 a pop)
  2. Creation and execution of a 'paid workshop' presentation that includes an embedded sales pitch and an orchestrated upsell to a larger package (typically $497-$1997 per pop)
  3. Optimising their in-person sales processes and offer sequences for high-value ascension of their very best clients (dependent on their specific business model & industry)
From there, my secret evil plan is to identify my best-performing clients and enter partnerships with them to expand their business and transmute those business into a franchising model.

The underlying theme here is to for me to help them set all that up and get it off the ground by applying my whole lead-generation & sales expertise to closing deals for obtaining franchisees for their brand.

Did I mention before that I've ever done a short stint helping the owner of a local tuition brand expand his tuition franchise across Southeast Asia when I was trying to earn money to put myself through college?
I did this first by signing up as one of his part-time tutors, then convincing him I possessed skills that would be valuable to him and his business, providing value to him and getting the role for his franchising plan, and finally executing - helping him close 3 franchising deals in 2 months before COVID hit.

Yup, if you've read this far congrats. You now know Jo's secret evil capitalist plan.

Reasons To Have A Potent Backend Business-Offering Brewing In The Background:

Damn, that was a mouthful.

This backend portion of the gameplan (partnering up with clients and helping them switch up their business model to include franchising) is crucial because:
a) i like to enter deals and business relationships for life (refer to my business philosophies above)​
b) i believe i have an edge in this field that can serve them and value-add​
c) rather than starting my own portfolio of assets (read: businesses) on my own, i'd rather partner with folk who already have a working model and have put in time/sweat/effort-equity into getting that off the ground, and then leveraging that by offering my value-in-kind that's aligned with my specific edge (sales, online marketing, lead-gen, business modelling & foresight)​
Moving on...

How You Can Help

Okay so all this sounds fine and dandy, but why am I posting here then, and what has all this have to do with you?

It's simple actually. You can help by keeping me accountable, being a willing, listening ear to my inane ramblings... and also by providing me feedback on my posts, ideas, concepts, and techniques I've employed and have shared with you.

I want to know the things that you find most interesting -- the things you'd love my expanding upon that seem just downright spine-chillingly spooky YET effective in the marketplace to yield crazy, outsized returns.

...And also because I just love sharing the techniques I pick up along the way and mindset-level stuff that I've discovered to really move the needle forward.

Like, is it just me or is there wayy too much "nonsensical BS" floating around in the internet space right now? I've simply decided to double-down on the things that work. That's my obsession.

At the end of the day, I'm just really tired of wankers this wouldn't be any fun if I accomplished this all on my own. So instead, why not come join my on my journey? Let's F*cking go.

P.S. - i'm documenting my journey as i re-build my income after an ugly falling out with business partner. i'm sharing the cool things learnt along the way. please keep me accountable and provide me feedback as well. i love that shit.

P.P.S. - i'll be posting daily.
Wow, your vision of business and value delivery is interesting!
Regarding this 6-figure company that broke, how much time did you invest to achieve this return?
Thanks

Jo_t95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2023
Wow, your vision of business and value delivery is interesting!
Regarding this 6-figure company that broke, how much time did you invest to achieve this return?
Thanks
Thanks! My ex-business partner was already in the business before me for almost 2 years. He had taken it to an average of $15k/mo, and when we started partnering up, we were hitting an average of $30-40k/mo.

I think it took him perhaps a good part of a year to scale to 10-15k/mo, and we took like 2.5 months working together to hit our first $50k/mo revenue. Pls note $50k/mo was an exception, not the rule.

Monthly revenue figures obviously fluctuated, and we were actually aiming to scale a 'sister' business operation that would ideally get us hitting $100k/mo, before the falling out. This meant our attention was spread amongst both businesses.

In case you're asking me how much time I invested to maintain the operations, everyday I had my mind thinking about the business, lead-generation, and sales. It's a 24/7 head-in-the-game mentality. My partner was no less in the game than me -- arguably even more so.

Actual working hours per day for me was perhaps 10-12h. There wasn't much of a concept of 'weekends VS weekdays' - everyday was a work day. Hope this answers your question.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.