• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! This is what 60 Pounds (27 KGS) Looks Like

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Vigilante, May 16, 2018.

1. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,447
    Nobody thinks they eat badly. Nobody believes that the way they're eating is out of line with their goals.

You'll see the exact opposite thing with skinny guys trying to put on weight. "But I eat so much," they tell you. It turns out that they'll slam an extra-large pizza and a half-gallon of Mountain Dew and then eat nothing else for 24 hours. It's the same thing as the fat person telling you how little they eat, how they don't eat bad things.

Yeah. Ask them to keep a diet journal for three days, writing down every thing that they ate. Then once you get the journal from them, ask them about all the things that they actually did eat but didn't write down because "it didn't count". A snack here, a snack there, and 800 calories later your fat cells don't care that "it didn't count".

Human psychology is amazing with its power to keep up a status quo.

But you are spot on in recognizing that the environment is as much to do with it as individual habits and choices. Keeping away from the obesogenic environment is most of your battle.

2. MetalGear

MetalGear Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,384
    Does anyone have any good ways to minimize these headaches that I'm getting from cutting calories? I think I might be cutting too fast, I've been using MyFitnessPal to stay within range lately.

Or is that my brain missing the fast digesting carbs and sugar that I used to eat?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,802
    I just discovered that my organic lemonade that I have been mixing half and half with my organic tea is killing my diet. I thought I was doing so good, but the lemonade has 16 carbs or so, from the sugar.

Now that I know this, I found a recipe for cranberry/lemonade that is super healthy. My results should improve a lot. Here is that recipe:

Cran Lemonade Recipe.JPG

Here is the site this recipe came from. It has a lot more great information.

Detox Cheap and Easy Without Fasting - Recipes Included

I also have found this site which greatly clarifies what a Ketos diet is and how it works:

A Beginner's Guide to Low Carbing - Everything You Wanted To Know About Ketosis And Ketone Testing Strips

Had a tuna steak on the grill for lunch. No carbs. The ideal goal for carbs that I've read for a Ketos diet is 20g a day or less. I am easily beating that goal and eating good.

Attached Files:

4. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    Carbohydrate Withdrawal Headaches

5. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,608
    Holy smokes, thanks for posting this. I think this may have just solved a problem for me that I didn't correlate before.

6. MetalGear

MetalGear Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,384
    That article solidified it for me. I am going to carry fruit with me all over the place now.

There I was thinking it was part of the process, "no pain no gain".

7. Red

Red Nigerian Lottery Prince Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,804
    Dave... I'm so proud of you. I want you to be around for a long, long time & I want you to enjoy the time you're around for. You deserve this. Your wife & kids deserve this. Hell, I deserve this. (that's right, you also owe me your long life of health & vitality, because I'm selfish like that)

Thank you for choosing to take care of you.

8. Bishop

Bishop Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $543
    Your average American citizen has no idea what they are putting in their bodies on a daily basis.

I took my kids to Legoland yesterday in San Diego. I counted at least 10 morbidly obese people coasting around in their battery powered gimp carts. They destroyed their quality of life because of lack of willpower, lack of nutritional education, or a combination of both.

This is what we were taught in school (they changed it finally in 2005), and they didn't really shout it from the rooftops when they did.

[​IMG]

Yeahhhh. Our own government came up with this bullshit.

9. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $353,047
    Admin Post
    I was at a live theater event the other day, a small cozy venue that seats about 300.

We arrived early and was able to watch every patron come through the door.

I estimate 80% of the folks that walked through the door was obese. Of that 80% who were obese, 40-50% was morbidly obese.

I then realized that I was probably the most fit person there... at least top 5. And I'm not even that fit anymore.

This country is screwed if the "average American" doesn't wise up to how they're being poisoned.

Kak, Bishop, Real Deal Denver and 3 others like this.
  10. Red

Red Nigerian Lottery Prince Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,804
    Actually, our own government was paid off by the Grain Growers Association at the time -they "sponsored" the research for this recommendation. So nothing has changed.

The-J, Real Deal Denver and Vigilante like this.
  11. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    IMG_0253..jpg Three days early

IMG_20180614_065643_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  12. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    IMG_0252..jpg I will post a picture or two from my upcoming 5k's but the posts of my specific weight will be few and far between as the next milestone is 249 which will take a while. In this next phase I will be dropping a pound or two a week. I will say goodbye to the 250s sometime in mid-july.

13. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $37,638
    When I was a retailer, I put candy and soda at eye level for children.

I heard parents say this a lot, "I told you no candy! Now grab a bag of chips and a Dr. Pepper we need to get going!"

So, what did I do?

I put chips at eye level for the kids. It worked.

With even simple marketing techniques like that I'm convinced the average American, and the country, is screwed.

@Vigilante , curious if you checked out your Test levels in your blood work? (don't have to share obviously, just hope all is well in that regard)

Congrats on the hard work and getting results!

Kak, cmor16, MJ DeMarco and 4 others like this.
  14. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    I
    I had the blood work done as part of the acquisition (key man insurance) so I went back and looked at it and that was on there and all good.

So yeah, my excess fat was primarily comprised of Krispy Kreme glaze.

15. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,802
    Yep. Your chart has been in the back of my mind for a long time as I'm engaging on this diet. Thanks for posting it.

I feel like a cheated spouse. MY government fed me this crap? Who is in charge of this? And they're sitting on their fat asses and getting PAID to come up with crap like this?

I'm not disappointed. It goes way beyond that. I'm very angry.

Between the poison we're fed with GMO foods that have been approved, to the mind numbing drug called television, we are certainly not the land of the free and the home of the brave. We're the land of the fat slobs that thrive on drive through fast food that is killing us, and we're too stupid to know or care because we're living our life through what we see on TV!

Just last week I called a company that makes salad dressing out of canola oil. In case you don't know, that oil is made from the rapeseed plant. This oil was first used as an industrial oil and to make insecticides. This oil is a classic example of how bad foods are modified and approved and then rammed down our throats. You can google this to your hearts content. It's bad stuff. The company hasn't responded to my question of how I know this, but they apparently don't. Or they do, but my heath is valued far less than their profits.

A lot of our food is SO bad that countries BAN IT from being imported. But the FDA and USDA let us eat all we want. What the hell are they supposed to be doing anyway? When they do rarely step out and do something, it's either wrong (as in that chart) or so watered down that it's useless. Drinking or smoking MAY lead to conditions that MAY tend to have adverse affects, maybe. Really? Sure about that? Pretty bold of you to take such a stand. Don't forget to pick up your paycheck this week you worthless pile of dung.

Mad as hell.

Sickening and so sad. I see it now very much in kids, too. When I was a kid, we were all pretty active. Fat kids were rare. Now, not nearly as much.

16. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,527
    It’s a great reminder that the Internet reines as supreme equaliser in our modern world.

Gone are the days you must rely on your government for education. Now you can educate yourself away from corrupt bias.

17. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    6 foods legal in the US that are banned in other countries

10 American Foods that are Banned in Other Countries

Foods Ingredients Banned Outside the US

Kak, GPM, Real Deal Denver and 2 others like this.
  18. Bishop

Rep Bank:
    $543
    When i see people in these motorized carts, I want to walk up to them and tell them "You don't have to live this way. I can tell you the EXACT steps to take, and it doesn't involve any prescribed pills. Your diabetes would be under control in a couple of months. You would be able to walk around normally again, and have full mobility. Your joint pain would go away. You will be able to go play with your kids or grandkids."

But I don't, because most of them would not believe a word I said. It's too simple. They believe what their doctors tell them. "Here, take these pills that will slowly kill you so that I can make more money."

Real Deal Denver likes this.
  19. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $353,047
    Admin Post
    Sorry, but most of them aren't gonna give up their Cheetos, Ben and Jerry's and 64oz Big Gulp of Coke.

Back to my theatre example above, the fattest guy in the room had to roll in on a scooter. He arrived pretty early like us. While he waited for the show to start, he was drinking one of the large bottles of COKE. This guy is 400 lbs and drinking COKE. I'm not being mean-spirited, I'm freaking sad that people make these choices, and continue to make them, all in the namesake of "it tastes good!"

20. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    @Raoul Duke is unique. Most people (literally MOST people) won't just decide, and for those that do... for people like @Chitown and me, some times it is a roller coaster.

This is not the first time I have decided to "diet." It is the first time I have EVER resolved to win though. To life change, permanently. I credit the Millionaire Fast Lane mindset along with resources from here like @Kung Fu Steve and @LightHouse (physician, heal thy self) for teaching me how to create my own destiny.

I think most people look at a program for a fix. And inevitably, the programs let them down because they never changed themselves.

I have had friends and family members go through radical gastric bypass, only to eventually get fat again. Why? They looked for a program to save them, never realizing the power to save them that was required was within themselves.

It's hard, man. Really hard. Not this time for me, but in the past. It's hard to deny yourself of hedonistic gluttonous impulses in a society where there is a dunkin' donuts on every other block, and a billboard for dunkin' donuts on the odd blocks.

I am not sure everyone can do what @Raoul Duke did. I used to think everyone could build a business, but after watching tens of thousands of wannabes cycle through here I'm now not as sure. I think weight loss is the same. I think there's a beast within that can be unlocked, but it is way more simple and to the psych more fun not to watch what you eat (until you get to an absolute breaking point).

I agree with what @LightHouse said last week... I am already the in shape guy that is just waiting for his body to catch up. But I have empathy for the nation of fatsos we live in, because eating milk duds at a movie is fun until you learn that they're actually poison. And some, after learning they are poison, decide to eat it anyway.

21. Bishop

Rep Bank:
    $543
    Yeah that's why "diets" don't work. I could start a "personal drill sergeant" business. Wake this guy up at 4:30 am, and force him to run. Slap the pasteries out of his hand, etc.. But it won't last if you don't have personal accountability. Like...purge your house of bullshit foods. Do an audit of your home. There are some amazing stories in a documentary on Netflix called The Magic Pill.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMEBUrfP5UI

22. Bishop

Rep Bank:
    $543
    Here are a few examples of good meals for those wondering where to start.

aXUxUE8.png d4VBMix.jpg FvesEAc.jpg KlXtzHO.png lVW8Crv.png mCR5JUS.png PHUKsmK.jpg QCyGt1l.jpg Rl56aXn.jpg wggCV0q.jpg aXUxUE8.png d4VBMix.jpg FvesEAc.jpg KlXtzHO.png lVW8Crv.png mCR5JUS.png Rl56aXn.jpg wggCV0q.jpg

I think Brekkie means Breakfast. These were taken by some Austrailian dude in his 60's that was shredded.

Edit: This dude

[​IMG]

23. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    We're heading to a local fresh food market tonight in search of what has been reported as a cauliflower pizza crust. 6 carbs total in the whole thing. If it's even remotely reasonable tasting we're in. Hardest part apparently is crisping it up a bit but thankfully I am married to a cook.

YoungPadawan, Kak, cmor16 and 3 others like this.
  24. Bishop

Rep Bank:
    $543
    That stuff is great, but it expires QUICK. Bought some and 5 days later it was fermented.

25. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $183,857
    Good to know.

MetalGear and Real Deal Denver like this.