The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is what 60 Pounds (27 KGS) Looks Like

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Had some fun adding a stupid video to the tens of thousands of stupid videos that are out there on YouTube. If you watch it, upvote it and leave me a comment or two that will counteract the haters that are sure to follow! For those of you still following Mind Your Business I will drop the link on the Facebook page there also. If you guys were amused by this video, I will do a few more. No intentions though of making them polished, practiced, or professional. Just thought it would be fun to chronicle a few of the things that have been super successful in this new life of mine. I am sure a couple of my haters from here will leave a few comments...don't care.

@TheTruth do imbedded video views here or from Facebook count as YouTube views?

Here you go

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Had some fun adding a stupid video to the tens of thousands of stupid videos that are out there on YouTube. If you watch it, upvote it and leave me a comment or two that will counteract the haters that are sure to follow! For those of you still following Mind Your Business I will drop the link on the Facebook page there also. If you guys were amused by this video, I will do a few more. No intentions though of making them polished, practiced, or professional. Just thought it would be fun to chronicle a few of the things that have been super successful in this new life of mine. I am sure a couple of my haters from here will leave a few comments...don't care.

@TheTruth do imbedded video views here or from Facebook count as YouTube views?

Here you go

There’s Dave! Good to see you on camera. I didn’t know you’d done previous videos. We’ll done putting it out there.

I enjoyed the video. That breakfast looks a lot tastier than my usual cereal or scrambled eggs on toast, and that Canadian bacon looks delicious as well as healthy. I never look at numbers of what’s in the food, but now you have me curious.

Oh, and I don’t think it’s a stupid video, and you won’t get any haters because it’s damn hard getting views and watches never mind comments.

I think views of embedded videos count as views on YouTube.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This company's cauliflower crust has the same amount of carbs as their regular crust.

IMG_20180616_152307.jpg IMG_20180616_151949.jpg

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
It's crazy..

I've started (and stopped) keto three different times now.

Each time I start, I feel 1000x better than ever. Yet I always stop...

This thread is pretty damn awesome and I'm going to also use this as my accountability thread if you don't mind @Vigilante

In the next year, 40 lbs. Not only that, but I want to be able to walk up and down stairs without dying lol.

Starting weight: 196. Goal weight: 155. I don't remember the last time I was at that weight, but I know it's possible.

Sitting at 36" waist and I'd like to get that to at least 32 or 30.

Starting today. Eating different, yoga, and some light jogging.

Edit: Speaking of pizza crust, I used to love the mozarella/almond flour crust. Obviously a lot more calories than cauliflower crust but was super easy to make.

Edit 2: This may be an unpopular opinion, but if at all possible I try to keep a low amount of dairy/processed meat (sausage bacon etc). We know that yes keto may be healthy in terms of macronutrients for your brain and such, but still should consider health in terms of chemicals put into food, and the other side of pre-cooked foods, foods with preservatives and such as well. You see the whole documentaries on the dairy industry, the meat industry and such, so if possible stay to local farms with regards to meat, dairy if you're going to do it, and as well wild fish vs farmed fish.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It's crazy..

This thread is pretty damn awesome and I'm going to also use this as my accountability thread if you don't mind @Vigilante

In the next year, 40 lbs. Not only that, but I want to be able to walk up and down stairs without dying lol.

Starting weight: 196. Goal weight: 155. I don't remember the last time I was at that weight, but I know it's possible.

Edit: Speaking of pizza crust, I used to love the mozarella/almond flour crust. Obviously a lot more calories than cauliflower crust but was super easy to make.

Edit 2: This may be an unpopular opinion, but if at all possible I try to keep a low amount of dairy/processed meat (sausage bacon etc). We know that yes keto may be healthy in terms of macronutrients for your brain and such, but still should consider health in terms of chemicals put into food, and the other side of pre-cooked foods, foods with preservatives and such as well. You see the whole documentaries on the dairy industry, the meat industry and such, so if possible stay to local farms with regards to meat, dairy if you're going to do it, and as well farmed fish vs wild fish.

If you are going to start, don't stop. If you're going to do it, do it. Change. Participate. Resolve. Don't dabble. Do it. Finish it.

We have enough people around here that make big declarations but don't follow through. Don't be one of them, because it's counter-productive and demotivating to people.

There is no "try.". Are you going on a diet, or are you going to change your life? Those are two different things.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It's crazy..

Edit 2: This may be an unpopular opinion, but if at all possible I try to keep a low amount of dairy/processed meat (sausage bacon etc). We know that yes keto may be healthy in terms of macronutrients for your brain and such, but still should consider health in terms of chemicals put into food, and the other side of pre-cooked foods, foods with preservatives and such as well. You see the whole documentaries on the dairy industry, the meat industry and such, so if possible stay to local farms with regards to meat, dairy if you're going to do it, and as well farmed fish vs wild fish.

I'm assuming you meant eat wild fish versus farmed fish

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
If you are going to start, don't stop. If you're going to do it, do it. Change. Participate. Resolve. Don't dabble. Do it. Finish it.

We have enough people around here that make big declarations but don't follow through. Don't be one of them, because it's counter-productive and demotivating to people.

There is no "try.". Are you going on a diet, or are you going to change your life? Those are two different things.

Yep I definitely need to change. My health has declined immensely over the last 3 years and I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life... I'm only 23, I don't want this to be a spiral and end up like a lot of my family members when I get older. Recently I found out about some other health problems that may only be irreversible from diet/exercise so I need to change.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Hmmm.... You are sounding mighty familiar right now [emoji23][emoji23]

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hmmm.... You are sounding mighty familiar right now [emoji23][emoji23]

(c) Vigilante 2018. All rights reserved. Message definitely presumably endorsed by @MJ DeMarco. This content directly plagarized from @LightHouse who presumably misappropriated it from @Kung Fu Steve , who likely borrowed aspects from Mr. Big.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yep I definitely need to change. My health has declined immensely over the last 3 years and I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life... I'm only 23, I don't want this to be a spiral and end up like a lot of my family members when I get older. Recently I found out about some other health problems that may only be irreversible from diet/exercise so I need to change.

Need to or going to? Those also are two different things.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
5k tomorrow. Have to leave @ 6AM to get to downtown Tampa for the Father's Day 5K. If I live to tell about it, will post a picture or two tomorrow. Thankfully it is not timed as last time I did one a firefighter in full gear including an oxygen tank passed me about a mile in, and a little old lady with a walker was my pace setter at mile 2.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
So I convinced the girlfriend to at least try it for a month.. Here we are. All from the local farmers market!

Attachments

• 852C4805-969F-4702-9ABE-C9E9831DCDF6.jpeg
    852C4805-969F-4702-9ABE-C9E9831DCDF6.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 28

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just got back from the grocery store. My wife is very pregnant and likes to eat cereal every now and then when she NEEDS FOOD NOW. When browsing the "kids" section of the cereal isle I decided to read some ingredients for kicks.

Sugar Crisps. Accurate name that one. First ingredient is sugar. In a 30g serving, 17g are sugar! That is 57% sugar! Might as well be shoveling refined white sugar straight into your mouth with a spoon. Reminds me of that cartoon, I want to say Simpsons, where they ran out of breakfast cereal so they had a bowl of marshmallows and sugar instead.

We ended up picking plain granola to mix with yogurt (don't even get me started on how much added sugar is in that, it is just sickening) and those giant wheat things that you add milk and microwave.

Why on earth is everything so damn sweet!! Yogurt does not need 17g of sugar per serving! If I were to sweeten it at home it would have a small bit of honey in it or like 5 grams of sugar. 17?? Give me a GD break.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why on earth is everything so damn sweet!!

Because sugar is a legal neurotoxin with addictive like properties. If BIG-AG could put something in a product that made people buy it and prefer it over the others, dontcha think they would use it?

And when sugar can't be used, the other neurotoxin they use is MSG -- but now they don't call it MSG because the public caught on.

Imagine that: THE PUBLIC CAUGHT ON so they changed the names.

Instead, they now use other terms such as "Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, and Hydrolyzed Protein"

Source:
Sneaky Names for MSG: Check Your Labels | John Douillard's LifeSpa

Hidden names for MSG and free glutamic acid:
Names of ingredients that always contain processed free glutamic acid: (7)

• Glutamic Acid (E 620)
  • Glutamate (E 620)
  • Monosodium Glutamate (E 621)
  • Monopotassium Glutamate (E 622)
  • Calcium Glutamate (E 623)
  • Monoammonium Glutamate (E 624)
  • Magnesium Glutamate (E 625)
  • Natrium Glutamate
  • Yeast Extract
  • Anything “hydrolyzed”
  • Any “hydrolyzed protein”
  • Calcium Caseinate
  • Sodium Caseinate
  • Yeast Food
  • Yeast Nutrient
  • Autolyzed Yeast
  • Gelatin
  • Textured Protein
  • Soy Protein
  • Soy Protein Concentrate
  • Soy Protein Isolate
  • Whey Protein
  • Whey Protein Concentrate
  • Whey Protein Isolate
  • Anything “…protein”
  • Vetsin
  • Ajinomoto
Ever find yourself eating a bag of chips and being like "OMG, these are SO GOOD I can't stop eating them!"

Look at the ingredients: You'll find one of the forms of MSG, a neurotoxin designed specifically for you to WANT MORE and EAT MORE.

You're being neurologically manipulated.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Because sugar is a legal neurotoxin with addictive like properties. If BIG-AG could put something in a product that made people buy it and prefer it over the others, dontcha think they would use it?

And when sugar can't be used, the other neurotoxin they use is MSG -- but now they don't call it MSG because the public caught on.

I noticed the "health brands" are starting to use "evaporated cane juice" instead of "sugar" on their label.

I want to be like Jack Lalanne, that guy was a beast.

#1 – If Man Made it, Don’t Eat It
#2 – Jack Lalanne’s Workout Theory: The Body Doesn’t Grow Old From Overuse – It Grows Old From Lack of Use
#3 Eat Primarily Meats & Veggies
#4 Understand The Power of Daily Habits
#5 “Sugar Is Worse Than Smoking”

#6 Dying is Easy – Truly Living Can be a Pain in the Butt

http://modernhealthmonk.com/habits-of-the-jack-lalanne-diet-healthy-and-fit-over-40/

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Personally, I think y'all are way over killing this. Yes, it's great vig is getting in shape. He needs to. I'm a firm believer in...cook your stuff on your own oven, crockpot, grill and stay active. Ez on the grease and butter. Bacon is not bad. Lol. Do that and keep in motion. U will never get fat / obese in the first place.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
It's annoying that Tapatalk still shows replies of people you ignored a long time ago....

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Remember how we were talking about how we think about food differently? As I read this post I remembered something relevant. I don't read through menus.

The first time @throttleforward and I had dinner he made a comment about the fact that I didn't look at the menu I just asked the waiter for grilled chicken breast and I think steamed green beans or something. I was cutting at the time. His point was more about just asking for what you want vs settling for what they make.... But it makes the same sense here. What you can eat on the south Beach diet, they probably have the ingredients there already, it's just mixed for their meals. But I'd bet you can order plain chicken and veggies or whatever it is and they will make it.

Ask for what you want.
Holy crap, that is so simple and straightforward - yet genius. Rep++!

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Your average American citizen has no idea what they are putting in their bodies on a daily basis.

I took my kids to Legoland yesterday in San Diego. I counted at least 10 morbidly obese people coasting around in their battery powered gimp carts. They destroyed their quality of life because of lack of willpower, lack of nutritional education, or a combination of both.

This is what we were taught in school (they changed it finally in 2005), and they didn't really shout it from the rooftops when they did.

pyramid.jpg

Yeahhhh. Our own government came up with this bullshit.
I agree. Coming from an agricultural background, the USDA recommended food pyramid is absolute garbage. The goverenment pushes that crap to what would be the best ROI for them, not necessarily what is actually good/healthy for people.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
It's annoying that Tapatalk still shows replies of people you ignored a long time ago....

Yes, it's true. Just like your extra chromosome, you can't get rid of me.

G

GuestU56895

I highly reccomend:

www.darebee.com

This website has been great for me. It is all free and has daily workouts, daily challenges, and full out 30 day work out plans for the extremely out of shape to in shape. I recommend the Foundation or Foundation Light if you are just starting out. There is even a desk chair workout book full of workouts you can do while you are sitting on your a$$. I am not getting any affiliate scumbag kick backs for recommending.

I have no advice on the diet thing. I was vegan for 3 years and it felt great at first and I lost a lot of weight, then gained it back and my teeth were starting to deteriorate. Now I eat minimal meat, but eat a little of everything.

I try to work out as much as possible. I have five kids and still find time to work out. I either get up early, stay up late or do little things through out the day like a set of Navy Seal burpees, push ups, squats, or position holds while I am watching kids play or between working on things. I mainly do body weight only exercises due to that I can do them anywhere and its free. I also you do some yoga and suspension strap training (I use a WOSS, NOT A TRX (DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A TRX. TRX is overpriced. WOSS IS $30-60 on amazon AND THE QUALITY IS AWESOME)

I recently read Mark Devine's book, Unbeatable Mind. Since then I have tried to change from only worrying about my weight and focus on the lifelong process of exercise and health. I have known too many people (even myself) that get caught up in doing the perfect diet or work out. None of that matters. Just get started, and find what you like to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well Vig I truly thank you, you have gotten me to look at food labels again. I had not done it in a while.

BBQ sauce. It is more than 50% sugar. WTF? I want a BBQ Flavor, not a candy flavor. What a joke. Guess I am going to start making my own BBQ sauce now!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well Vig I truly thank you, you have gotten me to look at food labels again. I had not done it in a while.

BBQ sauce. It is more than 50% sugar. WTF? I want a BBQ Flavor, not a candy flavor. What a joke. Guess I am going to start making my own BBQ sauce now!

You need bold TX style. Not the Justin Trudeau Canadian wuss blend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.