The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is what hard feels like...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Recently I experienced an epiphany in regards to challenges in life.
Entrepreneurship is the hard path. We all choose to take on the more difficult journey.

While in the gym it struck me that, yes it is hard and this, what I am experiencing right now is what hard feels like.

I can't find customers, I need to say no to things, I feel like a looser when I do normal people things, I am forced to spend more money every month than all my friends combined.

That is what comes with the journey. What I am feeling right now, that's what HARD feels like.

Afterwards I asked myself, did I expect it to be hard?
-Yes

Do I want it to be easy?
-No

That means there is no reason to complain about things being hard.
You wouldn't eat a pepper and then complain it's spicy.
You wouldn't drive to New York and then complain your not getting closer to Berlin.

In the same sense, when your doing something you know and expect to be hard, embrace it.

Your arms are sore in the gym but you have 3 sets left?
This is what hard feels like.

You run a business and fulfilling clients orders sucks?

Since we are all on the hard path here, it always helps to remember that we choose to do this while knowing what it would cost us.

You choose the hard path and when you struggle, remember,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023
Entrepreneurship is the hard path. We all choose to take on the more difficult journey.

While in the gym it struck me that, yes it is hard and this, what I am experiencing right now is what hard feels like.

I can't find customers, I need to say no to things, I feel like a looser when I do normal people things, I am forced to spend more money every month than all my friends combined.

That is what comes with the journey. What I am feeling right now, that's what HARD feels like.

-Yes

Do I want it to be easy?
-No

You wouldn't drive to New York and then complain your not getting closer to Berlin.

In the same sense, when your doing something you know and expect to be hard, embrace it.

Since we are all on the hard path here, it always helps to remember that we choose to do this while knowing what it would cost us.

Good post, i appreciate this reminder

I literally just trained arms an hour ago and i was experiencing pains on my arms doing 9 sets of bicep curls ( drop sets ) and when i got close to my final rep i almost gave up.

You should never go easy you need to aim for difficulty and its a shame because society says to us that going hard or too hard is not necessary or it isn't good because you'll "burn out" or whatever their excuse is.

PC123

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 2, 2023

-Yes

Do I want it to be easy?
-No

Just to add, the key is mental toughness. As you work-out harder, you're building up your body's pain tolerance level. As it goes up, so does your mental outlook in handling seemingly 'impossible tasks'. I think this is what many athletes and Special Forces officers call - 'play with pain'.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
Entrepreneurship is the hard path.
This is an illusion. All paths are hard.
Entrepreneurship is one of the easiest (and most rational) ones.

Money:
  • Entrepreneurship is hard.
  • Grinding 50 years at a meaningless job is also hard.
  • Doing nothing and wasting your life is the hardest. Because it comes with the unbearable pain of wasted potential - this often leads people to suicidal ideation.

Fitness and health:
  • Staying disciplined and eating healthy is hard.
  • Lifting weights and running is hard.
  • But having your F*cking leg amputated at 50 because of your diabetes is also hard.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE.
Life is F*cking difficult.

It doesn't matter what you choose to do. You will suffer and die.

But the good news is... you can choose your damn sacrifice.

Pain will happen. But you can choose to make your own life exactly the way you want. You have been given the freedom to choose your own path. And you will get to live with the consequences of your actions - good or bad.

So what will it be?
Your destiny is in your hands.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I noticed a lot of gym is mental gymnastics with your own brain.

I thought I couldn't do a specific set, but when I did it, I was amazed. Yesterday was my 2nd leg day. I increased my leg press weights from 30 pounds to 45 pounds. My brain kept telling me I couldn't do one set straight without giving up but I pushed through it. It wasn't until my legs were powerless in the end of 3rd set that I was finished.

Fitness cultivates the traits you need to become mentally stronger. When you're used to breaking your PR's every week, suddenly that thing in business holding you back isn't really holding you back. You realize its the same bitch voice that was holding you back at the gym.

My cousin never thought he would be a 2 time national physique champion but here he is. He tells me time and time again, "Its all mental, Saad."

After my legs felt powerless and I could barely stand, I went on to do 9 more sets for my legs.

I'd argue that its all mental. What we think, we usually manifest.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Jan 18, 2022
This is an illusion. All paths are hard.
Entrepreneurship is one of the easiest (and most rational) ones.
This.

The idea of working in an office for the next 40 years, for a company I hate, for really shitty pay scares me more than the fear/stress/anxiety that inherently comes with entrepreneurship.

And when you check the math, entrepreneurship is really the only path to take.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
My cheat code to recharge energy when doing “hard” things. Play this as music in my phone.

Temerity

Purveyor of Fine Mouthwash Goods
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 23, 2013
Boston
I'll be "that guy" and say that hard does not necessarily mean you can't enjoy yourself. I go to the gym 6 days a week because I love the feeling of exertion. Squeezing out that last rep before failure is physically strenuous ("hard") but I love that feeling. I love pushing the boundaries through exertion and my body and mind respond very well to it. It gives me a physical and mental high.

So I don't think "hard" and "enjoyment" are mutually exclusive. Something can be challenging and you may still enjoy it.

Hard is something you can learn to appreciate because you get to be creative and adapt. Paradoxically it becomes easier once you adopt that perspective.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I'll be "that guy" and say that hard does not necessarily mean you can't enjoy yourself. I go to the gym 6 days a week because I love the feeling of exertion. Squeezing out that last rep before failure is physically strenuous ("hard") but I love that feeling. I love pushing the boundaries through exertion and my body and mind respond very well to it. It gives me a physical and mental high.

So I don't think "hard" and "enjoyment" are mutually exclusive. Something can be challenging and you may still enjoy it.

Hard is something you can learn to appreciate because you get to be creative and adapt. Paradoxically it becomes easier once you adopt that perspective.
Yeah for sure.

Doing hard things leads to dopamine levels rising
-> enjoyment. That dopamine then also doesnt lead to a crash later which makes it even better.

My point is just to remember the phrase "This is what hard feels like" when life is tough.
It helps me stay motivated through the discomfort of hard thing.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
-Yes

Do I want it to be easy?
-No

Is somebody maybe an Alex Hormozi fan? I just saw a YT short of him making the same point yesterday.

My point is just to remember the phrase "This is what hard feels like" when life is tough.
It helps me stay motivated through the discomfort of hard thing.

I like a quote from Monty Williams (coach of the Phoenix Suns basketball team) a little better...

Everything you want is on the other side of hard.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Is somebody maybe an Alex Hormozi fan? I just saw a YT short of him making the same point yesterday.

I like a quote from Monty Williams (coach of the Phoenix Suns basketball team) a little better...

Everything you want is on the other side of hard.
Yeah I was listening to one of his podcast episodes from like 2019 and he mentioned how he learned that lesson from pledging in college. Also yes, I would consider myself a fan.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

X-coach.

But yes. He also likes to say "What's done is better than what's said."

If only he could learn how to call time-outs in 17-0 runs and and not continually use shooting guards who shoot 21% on the season.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I just saw a YT short of him making the same point yesterday.
Yeah I was listening to one of his podcast episodes from like 2019 and he mentioned how he learned that lesson from pledging in college. Also yes, I would consider myself a fan.

I thought so. Hey @heavy_industry see what I mean about coincidences that happened on here all. the. time.

I probably watch 20 quick vids for entertainment yesterday, that's the only one worth remembering... And then @Subsonic writes about the same message...

Is this normal for anyone else? No? Just me? Ok, cool.

X-coach.

But yes. He also likes to say "What's done is better than what's said."

If only he could learn how to call time-outs in 17-0 runs and and not continually use shooting guards who shoot 21% on the season.

I just saw the news. Funny how all the best PHX coaches have these huge glaring flaws. Still, it's been a fun 4 years and that's a big improvement from where they were. I was glad to see a team capable of playing defense until they traded for KD.

Hope he learns and lands the next gig.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.