The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is NOT a NY resolution THREAD!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
HOW FAR HAVE YOU COME THIS YEAR?

Specifically, count your blessings.

List the things you're most proud of.

This is not limited to money. Family, friends, school-- anything you can look back on and say "Wow!" :)

Seems that millions (billions?) of folks make new years resolutions this time of year.

Some people spend months thinking about what their resolutions are going to be.

Others take just a few seconds.

But when the clock strikes midnight,

What do you have?

A New Year.

A chance to begin again, or start things anew.

An opportunity to get rid of old habits.

And develop healthy, new habits.

When I first moved out to California (back in 1984), I was sitting alone, in my tiny house trailer, thinking about new years resolutions.

No matter how hard I thought about them, though, my thoughts kept going not to what I *wanted* to accomplish in the new year . . .

. . . but what I had *already* accomplished in the past year.

I was 23. That year (1984), I had:

-Graduated college
-Sold most of what I owned (including all of the cars I'd been working on, fixing up)
-Bought a tiny travel trailer and an old Ford van
-Packed all of my possessions in the trailer (and van)
-Moved "up north" (Michigan) to clear my head and figure out what to do with my life
-Figured out how to live on next to nothing (I was single, no kids or pets)
-Got a job working as a dishwasher at my favorite German restaurant
-Got promoted to asst cook before the summer was out
-Decided to move to California after Labor Day weekend, to pursue a graduate degree at Berkeley, or just see where life carried me
-Visited a great friend in Indianapolis, stayed w/him a month with my cold feet (afraid to make the big move to Cali)
-Found someone to share my drive out to the coast (this helped with my gas costs)
-Rented a car in Cheyenne, WY when my car (towing the trailer) blew a head gasket.
-Surreptitiously drilled a few holes in the bumper of that rental car, and towed the trailer the rest of the way to CA.
-Got to CA, and within 1 week, found a place to put my trailer and live, and a place to work.

As I sat there in my tiny, warm trailer (it was 7 feet wide by 11 feet long on the inside), I watched the rest of the world celebrate New Years on my TV.

And while some might have sat there, lamenting the fact that they were living in a trailer park, spending New Years alone, without friends or a love interest, here I was,

Overjoyed.

I was so happy!

Not because I was living in a trailer. Not because I had no friends or girlfriend to celebrate with.

I was happy for all of the other, fantastic things that had happened to me that year.

I was following my dreams.

DOING my dreams, each and every day.

It was bliss.

So every New Years since,

I've been doing what I call my

"New Years Review".

It's a list of the things that I accomplished this past year.

Some years, the list is long.

Others, short.

Some years I wind up curled up in a comfy chair on NY's eve, working on my review.

Others, I wind up doing it on Jan 1 or 2, since I'm out partying (or working) on Dec 31.

But each year I do it.

It's kind of a record of the past year.

What was important to me.

What I considered accomplishments.

The things I treasure about my life.

So here's my New Year's gift to you:

Instead of making resolutions this New Year's Eve.

Do a New Year's Review instead.

Look at where you were a year ago.

And where you are now.

What you've done.

And how you've grown.

Celebrate your accomplishments.

And, if you have things that you regret, don't think about them tonight.

For now, be happy, count your blessings, and welcome in the New Year with joy, celebration, and anticipation of great things to come.

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
re: NY's Resolutions? (NOT ! :)

Thanks Russ.

I myself had recently come to the same conclusion - I looked at what I wanted to do, then what I did and then what I did beyond that in other fields.

One goal I have is to learn 2 new things each year. A skill, some knowledge, ability - something that I didn't know before.

This year was golf and stock market essentials.(with practice)

There is a very good chance I will be in a trailer sitting like you were next Dec 31.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

So, counting your blessings this year . . . :coffee:

What are they?

-Russ H.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

In the business perspective:

- Went to the get-together in Scottsdale in March, great networking opportunity, met great people.
- Found a mentor for my multis deals
- Made the transition from SFHs to multis
- Learned a lot about regulation and laws for putting money together from investors to fund million dollar deals, now it is time for making it happen
- Learned a lot about REITs (how to form one and use it as a way to invest in RE in great scale). May not be of any use just yet, but you never know...
- Been active in this forum, has been great in both personal and investment sides.

- In the personal side, I've become a better father (or at least that's what I feel, who knows what my children really think :D). Also, worked a lot on my personal development to overcome some obstacles and keep growing.
- Went with the family to Williamsburg, VA and the beach in the summer.

2007 has been a very good year. Probably I am forgetting many things, I will add them when I remember them. Just Too Many Blessings. Looking forward to 2008.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

Trade in my M3 and get a Lambo to match this shirt

6jd55sj.jpg

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Aptohosting-

Whatdya call that thing yer wearin?

Bull-shirt? :D

(sorry, couldn't resist).

C'mon folks-- count those blessings! :)

-Russ H.

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada

I normally don't make New Year's resolutions, but this year, since I'm waiting for my lisencing to transfer and I won't be back to work until after the New Year, I suppose it fits this time. I'm a systems type person. I like to have things systemized, so this year I really want to try to set up systems/processes/routines with my business and personal life. It's the one thing that I kind of let go of last year and I didn't have as good of a year as I should have. I need to get back into the routines/habits I was in a year ago.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Coach-

What are your blessings from this past year?

That's the focus of this thread. :)

-Russ H.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States

Lots to be thankful for this year!

1. I gained a lovely new daughter-in-law when my son got married!
  2. My son got the job he had dreamed, tried and trained for -- NYS Park Police.
  3. Building a house from the ground up -- a GREAT experience!
  4. Lost 2 tenants (both died), but moved the rents on those apartments from $835 to $1,265 per month when I refilled them!
  5. Gained Admin status over on richdad.com, including the ellusive "ban" button!
  6. I got to meet up with some of the great friends I met from the Rich Dad group in Arizona last March.
  7. Saw the company I work for turn around from a couple of tough profitablility years to a banner year in 2007.
Overall, a great year!:banana:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

It's kind of a record of the past year.

What was important to me.

What I considered accomplishments.

The things I treasure about my life.

I went from 22 to 23 this year, and so far have accomplished:

-Invested in the stock market

-Made great people who I am proud to call friends - especially a few that have the same goals as I

-Sent greetings to 14 friends on Xmas - none of the family included - I thought it was special that I had so many people in my life I could call friends.

-Finally bench pressed my own weight - my chest had been a pain in the a$$ for 3 years
-Deadlifted 285 - next year i'll hit 300

-Learned how to be humble and treat people like I would want to be treated - this was huge for me since I've always been the only child/selfish and me-first.

-Tried to be a lot more generous, especially with others - this also been huge for me since - I always worried about "do-dads" - for example I paid for 6 drinks last night for friends and it felt good but strange.

- Had a lot of fun with girls, of many types.

- Traveled Scandinavia and met up with people I haven't seen in 7 years.

- Become a lot smarter and wiser.. I thought i knew everything at 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23....

- Became even more honest with people, to the point of dangerous -but it makes you so free it is unbelievable.

- Learned how to play golf. Thank god.

- With help of a few great people realized what I do and do not want to do with my life - and interestingly enough both of my majors do not come close to what I envision myself doing for a living.

- Realized I love the European way of life and miss it - but I also love a lot about America - so I will need to have a house on both continents.

- Came to the conclusion that friends (relationships) and experiences are worth to me more than money, but I will need the latter to enhance my life. Decided to start making radical decisions like moving to Brazil for 6 months - and had no fear about it.

I have so many things I want to try and do from 2008 on,I don't know if I can afford to have a job rob my time...

How's that Russ?

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX

Recruited 2 great employees for our company that have allowed me & my hubby much more freedom.

Went on 3 great vacations.

Sold an out of town property that was a drag on us and made a profit on the deal

Paid off the beach house so we have no personal debt.

Helped our son with a large loan for a real estate project.

Completed a new car barn for my husband for his car collection

Set up a small home for our daughter & grandsons so she can go back to college
(She dropped out her junior year)

Gained a lovely daughter in law & saw our son become a happy husband & father to be

Got a clean bill of health from my oncologist & my internist

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN

This past year has been a wild ride for me.

-continued with my part time catering business

-made my first venture into commercial real estate (only my second RE venture ever)

- started and closed a restaurant ( will post later on this experience)

-worked full time at my day job and managed to get a promotion that takes effect Jan 1

- feel like I was finally able to turn the corner from my interest in owning my own business from being a interest/hobby/dalience to being legitimate. ( I hope you all understand what I mean by this)

-forged some very solid business relationships

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Blessings for 2007:

I still have my best friend and wife(they are the same person:))
My 16 yo daughter is maturing and finally grew out of her dark stage.:banana:
Mine and my families physical and mental health.
Comfortable home and vehicles that work.
Took a family vacation of a tour of the NE US.:coolgleamA:
Had 100% of our 5th grade math students pass their required tests:hurray:
Had 84% of our 5th graders pass their science test(career high):hurray:
A fantastic group of coworkers at my school.
Had the pleasure of teaching daughter to drive, not just how to operate a motor vehicle.:thumbsup:
Took a trip to the gulf coast with the high school band as a chaperon(great kids).
Opportunities to help others.
Grew business from 3 to 6 renters.
Moved business from all SFH's to my first MFH.
Having the opportunity to provide housing to people.
Working with my dad to rehab rental units.
Learning so much from the people on this and similar forums.
Technology, I love using technology. I would not be where I am if the internet and access to knowledge was not so available.
LIFE IS GREAT! Good luck to all in 2008.:cheers:

Greg

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

I think apto is George Harrison reincarnated with a smile.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007

2007 was an AWESOME year for me.

I found a publisher for my first novel.
I found a wonderful pre-editor
and am now comfortable with
writing during the summers
and business gigs the rest of the year.
The hubby and I went to Morocco for the first time
(and LOVED it, wonderful place, wonderful people).
I've made peace with not having our own kids
(adoption is not an option for us due to my family background).
I've made a lot of new friends,
done a lot of new things.
My net worth is up,
my intelligence is up (due to constant reading),
my happiness level is up.

Looking forward to 2008.
So many opps on the horizon.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio

Blessings of 07
1. Still very much in love with my wife of 16 years. She was my high school sweetheart and we had one of our best years together this year. People on both sides of our family are heading towards divorce and its very painful. I'm thankful to be happily married.
2. The kids are doing well in school, sports, and are heading in the right direction. They have good christian character and moral values, which is tough in this world. I know people with kid problems and its a major roadblock to enjoying ones daily life. Mine are not raised yet, so I am definitely not bragging. But, I am optimistic and thats a blessing.
3. I have time to coach the kids in sports. Coaching soccer is one of my greatest joys. My wife coaches also and the kids all play. It's something we take serious and have alot of fun with. I also coach youth basketball. I'm thankful to have time to do these things.
4. My 89 year old grandma is still here. She had emergency life saving surgery in August and for a while it didn't look like she would make it. She recovered and after a couple months of rehab was able to move back home. I saw her at Christmas. Definitely a blessing.
5. Business was not as good as usual but still good enough to live comfortably. I'm overly invested in residential real estate. My job and all my investments in the same basket. I need to diversify. But, the focus of this thread is on blesssings and even in a down year I did pretty well. Thats something to be thankful for.
6. I have good parents who are still an important part of my life. Lessons learned from them at home guide my daily life and have given me the foundation on which to build a successful life. A blessing many do not have and one that I am very thankful for.

Thanks Russ for starting this thread. A quiet time of introspection is important from time to time in life and this topic is something for everyone to consider. It helps put things in perspective.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007

People on both sides of our family are heading towards divorce and its very painful. I'm thankful to be happily married.

I hear you.
Seems like every day we hear about another couple splitting up
(the hubby and I have been together 15 years, 10 of those married).

A decade back,
I thought that 50% divorce rate folks throw around was bullsh**
but now I think it is low.

Marriage is work
(the work being done by both spouses)
and most people are lazy.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

This past year has been amazing for me. Here's my laundry list of things that have been great during this year:

I turned 30, and was/am excited to start this chapter in my life.

I met my business partner and great friend, WildAmbitions. I am a better person for knowing her- she is always a ray of sunshine...well, 28 days out of the month she is :)

I went on lots of mini-vacations, one of the best was meeting up with 2 college roomates (one of which is still my best friend) in Vegas. I had such a great time with her, spending time with her totally recharges me.

I have come to peace with the fact that real estate/business is what I enjoy and how I want to spend my time- not developing a career. (This was a big one for me, as I've had to make new friends and learn to tune out unsupportive people- as well as embrace a way of life that can be a roller coaster!)

I bought 2 vacation rental cabins that have done well for us- and learned a TON about how to determine if a property is "good" or not.

WildAmbitions and I started our cabin operation, and that has been such a growing experience- and has made me a better person in so many ways! I am more organized, more on top of things, more proactive, and a better listener- not to mention how much I learned about websites and the power of the internet!

I found this forum, which has been such a blessing. Being here also recharges me, helps me to check my attitude and I am always learning something new.

I am the most financially stable that I have ever been in my life right now- and it's one step of many- but gaining traction is exciting!

We hired 2 housekeepers for our business and that has worked out well.

I am working on, and have applied continually this year, the attitude of cultivating thankfulness, gratitute and spreading goodness to others. Currently I am working on spreading good juju to 5 people everyday. This is done through an email, a small gift a donation, a compliment or a nice card- to just name a few.

I have learned a lot about sales, and am continually fascinated by the process and now selling is becoming kinda of like a game for me. I actually enjoy it!

I just signed up for flight lessons and I am looking forward to those.

Probably the three biggest changes/blessings though have been in my attitude, organization and developing a focus. I work daily on having a positive attitude and laughing a lot. I have also spent a lot of time on streamlining my life- and the results have been better than I could have ever expected! I had no idea how tied together my stress was with being disorganized. Things click along so much easier now! I also spend time focusing- sometimes I have to set a timer and force myself to spend 10 minutes on something before I move along to the next project- but I am happier once I complete whatever I am doing!

I am happy where I am in life, and excited about moving forward- and I don't know if I can ask for much more than that!

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007

Russ H .......Great Post

So so important to reflect and see what you actually accomplished if not just as important as future goal setting.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta

My wife and I discussed this after I read the thread. Looking back over the year, our lives are really good. We may not be financially rich, but we are very comfortable where we are as we only have our mortgage as debt and plenty of equity and investments.

We're both happy and healthy, we have a great relationship, we have an awesome toddler (Malcolm) who amazes and entertains us every day. We have great friends and an awesome family (including extended!). We are looking forward to 2008 as we are expecting another addition to the household.

Our only upset for the year was that the adoption process got stopped after we announced that we were expecting (at the same time the agency found us a perfect little girl). Maybe that was for the best, who knows.

Life is good.

DeBorahBeatty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 14, 2008
Pacific Northwest

Let's see:

My husband and I got our freedom from taking care of his elderly parents and now can live our own lives. All the dust has settle and his folks are being taken care of at the nursing home. We spent the last 6 years taking care of the old farts 24/7.

I created my current business to assist and coach other entrepreneurs and have made my own more successful because of it.

Got started on the book I've been threatening to write for the last 8 years and have about 1/3 done with an interested publisher.

Sold over $1000 worth of my art for the first time (I'm a newly exhibiting artist)

Got back in touch with my "missing" daughter and am looking forward to a reunion next week.

In general, though, just being able to sit in my own space in my underwear and dream my own dreams for a change is the biggest, most wonderful gift. 2007 was a bit rough on the spirit and both my darling husband and I are healing peacefully.

DeBorah Beatty

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

I think apto is George Harrison reincarnated with a smile.

Haha, when my hair is longer I get called out about that all the time in public ;-)

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs

- I finally got a sensible girlfriend... No more dating grocery clerks, and beauty salon front desk girls for me! ;)

- I got my net worth into 6 figures for the first time through a combination of flipping houses, and growing my mail order business.

Now the question is how fast I can turn that into 7 figures? 6 years ago I had 0 figures... Hell, I was probably negative 20 or 30k :)

Cheers all,

- Hakrjak:banana:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

Here's a blast from the past. Anyone up for 2009 resolutions?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Runum-

We actually have a Resolutions thread. Would you like me to dig it up?

This is more of an "anti-resolutions" thread (it looks back, and reflects on how far we've come this past year).

I'll be happy to share my 2008 year in review, as I did last year:

In no particular order:

-After years of prep work, we were given a Use Permit by the City of Napa to convert some RE we were working on. This conversion changed 3 residential props into something that could be sold as a commercial property, and increased the value of the RE by about $3-4,000,000.

-Celebrated my 8th Christmas w/my Sweetie. We continue to grow and learn together. And we still love spending time w/each other.

-Celebrated my 24th year in California. I've now lived here longer than where I grew up (Detroit, MI).

-Kept working at IVF for a brother or sister for our little one. Nothing yet. I marvel at Sharon's perseverance and dedication, and tolerance for pain.

-Our Inn is awarded "Best in the West" for the 2nd year in a row by the largest B&B website in the world.

-After literally 10 months of shopping around and working diligently, we are able to refinance our Inn and get $1,000,000 cash out to use for development of other properties the aforementioned props where we got the Use Permit). This happens in April-- mere months before the credit crash.

-Traveled a bit. We visit my family in Michigan, help put together the first Fastlane meet up in AZ (yay!), and I get to speak at an international innkeeping conference held at Disneyland (way cool).

-Turns out the innkeeping course I present is one of the top 10 of the entire conference. I am asked to speak at the next conference, in Atlanta, GA. I am honored. :)

-I continue my work w/TripAdvisor (the travel website, we are Local Experts), and pass on what I know to the international innkeeping group. At the end of the year, when I get my contract for the innkeeping conference, in addition to the course they want me to teach again, I am asked to be part of a General Session-- the equivalent of a keynote, but in a panel format. This is an incredible honor (I am the only innkeeper on the panel). I'm still a bit stunned about this.

-We continue to be "in the moment", every day, as our our little one, KT, learns and grows. Words cannot express the simple, profound joy we feel. She is the hardest thing we have ever done, the most frustrating, the greatest challenge. And she is also the easiest, most natural, most carefree thing we've ever experienced. And the most amazing thing is, I never, ever would have appreciated her like this when I was younger. Nor did I have the ability-- the patience, the maturity. I literally had to "grow into" this parenting thing-- it took me until I was in my 40s. I am in awe of those who are in their 20s and 30s and are great parents-- and I am very, very grateful to be given this chance. Knowing what we do now, if we cannot have another, we will adopt, or be big brothers/big sisters.

Apologies if this year's review seems over sentimental. It's been a year of great introspection, and even greater realizations.

. . .more to come . . .

-Russ H.

-

Last edited:

Timberland

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Sep 22, 2008

I can sum my resolutions up by simply saying I want to learn how to be truly happy again. (career change, relationship, spend more time with family/friends, postive thinking)

As for 2008, well it's been kind of a rough year. But aside from all that, I got my car finished up almost completely, dipped my toe in the stock market, started working out, and got back into mountain biking. I opened my eyes to the world of business/fastlane. I also spent the first half of the year in great health so I'm thankful for that!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

Wow, lots happened in 2008! Wildambitions and I have decided that B&M is not the way we want to go, that we want to accelerate our ideas. We designed and launched our site, which we are very proud of. We learned a ton and are still learning.

I have since decided that website development/SEO is the direction that I want to pour my energy into. I quit my job back in April of '08 and have been living off my vacation rentals, which has become a rather thin stream of income since the economy has turned. When I quit my job I made the decision to never work for someone else again. The last 6 months have been a gut check to say the least. I decided a couple of weeks ago that something had to give, so after getting some good advice from Kerry, I called up the only web person in town and offered to work for free if they would teach me what they know. Long story short, she is pregnant and wants to take leave. She is going to crash course train me in everything she knows/does SEO-wise and I'll work for free for 2 weeks, then take over half her client load on an independent contractor basis. I am very excited to learn as well as to apply (especially to our site.) I can't wait!

I became involved with a great mastermind group comprised of people from the fastlane (so ya know it's good!)

I suppose the biggest "revelation" or accomplishment has been with the site. I have focus now and it feels so good.

My goals for 2009 are:

- Get traffic on site up to 10k/month
- Provide enough value on the site to justify/sustain 1 stream of income
- Read a book a week
- Learn to make sushi
- Learn to cook Greek food (mainly baklava and spanakopita)
- Write on a more regular basis
- Take 3 mini vacations
- Learn something new everyday and be able to apply it (I think I will start a blog about this so I can track what I learn.)
- Volunteer more. Maybe I need to start a charity of some kind. I'm not sure where or how this will develop, I have just felt the pull lately to do something. Personal development maybe. Who knows.
- Live more in the moment.
- Lose 15 pounds.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)

- Attended B&P
- Mentored 2 young entrepreneurial folks
- Paid off $70K credit card debt
- Increase net worth by ~ $180K
- Purchased 80 domain names
- Read 30+ books (4 REI, 2 poker, 4 e-biz, 5 misc biz, the remainder were fiction)
- Identified a REI project which I will be pulling the trigger on within Q1 2009.
- Visited 3 European countries
- Achieved 120% "Utilization" by my consulting business
- Hosted no fewer than 30 dinner parties

My exhaustive (and still-going 7-mos later) IRS audit really sucked the wind out of my creative sails in 2008 tho. I can't imagine how many otherwise-productive man-hours are wasted every year trying to defend perfectly legitimate IRS returns.

And my ACL reconstruction/MCL repair surgery killed most of the fitness goals in 2008.

So while I know there will always be hurdles, hopefully they'll either be smaller this year, or I'll find more effecient ways over/around them.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Jill-

Is your list what you did in 2008?