The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is my story (eCom, liquidation event, RE, more)

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hey thanks for sharing, great videos!

Actually after your video I immediately opened a store on Etsy, although I have read about it in the past I only acted because of your videos.

One little problem: my products (who are selling on various platforms) are denied on Etsy. I got a friendly email that my products are not conform their seller policy. Funny because there are similar products selling on Etsy. Did you experienced something like this?

Will work out how to fix this. Anyway thanks for convincing us to use Etsy.
Keep up the good work!

Congrats on taking action! That is the first step. I have never had a message like that but have read about people experiencing this. Make sure that your product follows Etsys Policies. Etsy does not like generic products from aliexpress, but if you "brand" your store in a way to make it seem like you are designing the products, you should not have a problem. Let me know if you need me to go into more detail about that!

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA
Welcome. Impressive intro. I look forward to learning about your Etsy program. I'm working on selling custom tables and I see quite a few people selling them on Etsy.

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
COMMANDMENT OF CONTROL!

@ecommerce_lovin -- having people "DM" you with questions does not help the forum.

There might be dozens of others who have the same question.

When you don't answer questions publicly and instead respond with all "DM me" it's a major red flag that this is a lead generator/sales funnel for a later pitch. I hope that's not the case.

This is a forum for sharing information in a question/answer format -- not question/private DM.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Very sorry, of course, anyone can ask questions below! Also, edited the old posts to say comment questions below.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Welcome to the forum and good video; good overall presentation.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Very sorry, of course, anyone can ask questions below! Also, edited the old posts to say comment questions below.
It will be better for you in the long run too...

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hey man, just watched your videos. Thanks for sharing!

I am just starting out in AMZ so don't want to get distracted :p but if I find some initial success (or failure for that matter) in AMZ I will definitely have this in the back of my mind.. still watching to follow your videos along so thank you!

Side question: have you seen people begin developing brands through unique differentiation and be able to pull it off on Etsy? Or are most people just arbitraging into it? Curious to hear your thoughts from your experience

Hey! Thanks for watching my videos. Good luck with Amazon, it's a great place to start a brand!

For your question, top sellers on Etsy are creating brands. People that are 100% on Etsy are doing this. All of their social accounts point them to their etsy shop rather than a shopify website. If you take a look at sellers with 500+ reviews check out their social accounts and see where they link to.

I use Etsy as a tool rather than my only shop. My main focus is my shopify website but etsy is a great way to pick up revenue and test if products will sell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hi guys!

So sorry I have been away from this forum recently. I have been dealing with a person that is 100% copying one of my businesses. They are stealing most of my creatives and everything.

This is the first time in my business career that something like this has happened, so it is a good learning experience.

My attornies are dealing with it now so it should now be all good (Fingers crossed). New videos to come soon!!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hi Mark @ecommerce_lovin , impressive thread! I used to sell on the Etsy platform some months back, but the store got closed down out of the blue. I guessed the reason was that Etsy only allowed handmade items and my products back then were manufactured by another company.

Is this still the case now? Also, I think dropshipping is not allowed in Etsy right?

Another issue I've with Etsy is that it seems we need to pay lots of $$$ to win the SEO game on the Etsy platform. There's even Etsy sellers selling services for $500+ that offers to get you to the top of the search results etc. It seems to be all about outsmarting the Etsy "algorithm" like how SEO on Google has all these complex convoluted arcane techniques like backlinks, keyword density and all that shit.

I'm thinking of trying Etsy again to drive all traffic to my website.

Last edited:

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
@ecommerce_lovin Welcome to the forum. I am always amazed by someone your age who has been so successful. At your age I was just trying to figure out how to get to the weekend so I could get out to the clubs.

I guess that's why I'm in the place I am now and learing something new from someone half my age. Kudos to you. I'll definitely be following your videos. One thing you could do for me though...try not to say "um" so many times. Just a pet peeve of mine. It really distracts from a presentation.

Thanks for the posts!

Thanks for the feedback! Haha I was re-watching my videos last night and it was annoying me as well. I will definitely work on that in my next videos

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
You've inspired me to jump into Etsy. We'll see where the dice fall.

Thank you so much! New video dropping tonight or early tomorrow morning on how to find a profitable niche on Etsy!

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Hi Mark,

Outstanding intro, really enjoyed watching it - thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

Your videos about Etsy are great - you have inspired me to get going as well.

Can't wait for more, keep it up!

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I find it more interesting to use Etsy do gauge demand and then build your own Shopify website to regain control.

Yep! I use Etsy as a tool to gauge if there is demand for certain products. And then role them out on my shopify store. Etsy is a great platform to stop on if you are a beginner in the e-commerce game.

Joaquim

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 19, 2018
Belgium
Hey thanks for sharing, great videos!

Actually after your video I immediately opened a store on Etsy, although I have read about it in the past I only acted because of your videos.

One little problem: my products (who are selling on various platforms) are denied on Etsy. I got a friendly email that my products are not conform their seller policy. Funny because there are similar products selling on Etsy. Did you experienced something like this?

Will work out how to fix this. Anyway thanks for convincing us to use Etsy.
Keep up the good work!

Eddie Temple

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Aug 17, 2016
I will give Etsy a serious try. Moving to Mumbai, India in 3 weeks and no source of income as of now. Ur challenge to make $100k sounds appealing, but I wanna stay realistic.
Right now if I net profit $700 per month to cover my rent I will be happy

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Hey, great questions!

1. To find my niche I jumped on instagram and started following as many businesses as possible. I tracked 5 business that I thought I could get into. Over the next 2 months, I watched everything those companies did. (Product launches, customer service, got in their email lists, made sure to get on their facebook pixel so I saw how they retargeted customer, ect..) I then narrowed it down to 2 niches. I found competitors in those niches and did the above for about a month. I then made my decision.

2. I source all of my products from China and have been since 14 years old. It's all about making relationships with agents that work for factories in China. I have had the same agent for the past 3 years and she helps me get samples and source from top factories. (Shoot me a DM if you need help sourcing, it's probably one of my top traits)

3. The biggest issue I have run into is damaged goods. I have lost thousands of dollars because of this issue. I would get a sample from a supplier, everything looks good and then once I order a large shipment the quality is nothing close to what the sample was. I learned how to negotiate with factories much easier in the past couple of years, to try and stop this issue from happening.

Another issue is shipping times and trying to keep items in stock. China seems to have a lot of holidays where the factories are closed. I have learned over the past couple of years how to systematically know when and how much I need to order to keep things in stock.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks for reaching out :)

Very cool! I may shoot you a DM. I see you’re from Brooklyn? I know Williamsburg, park slope, and some other areas well. I grew up in queens but recently bought a new place in Jersey. I still go back and forth though. You should come to the next NYC meet up.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hey! Thanks for the reply and kind words. I have heard of a few Etsy shops getting shut down but I heard it was from selling fakes or patented products.

I source and sell all of my products from China. The best way to dropship on Etsy is a method called print on demand. In my last video, I showed a shop who has made 163,000+ sales by selling t-shirts for $26+. There is no other marketplace where you can sell t-shirts for this price online.

Selling online no matter what marketplace or even your own e-commerce website is all about rankings. Google SEO, Amazon SEO, Etsy SEO, Ebay SEO. It's all about figuring out how to game the system. In terms of Etsy, I think I have mastered "gaming" Etsy SEO. Etsy SEO is MUCH easier than any other platform at this time.

Thanks! Will be waiting for your videos! :clap::

Parker fields

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2017
Tulsa, OK
To add to that, I for one acquire lots of information here by reading. One of the reasons I love forums, FREE Value.

Are you reading MJ's Book "The Millionaire Fastlane "?
I am wondering if you're just finding high demand products, and reselling them? I can't knock things that work, but I am failing to see where this isn't just a "Me-too" scenario.

How are your products distinguishable from others? Whats to say I find a high volume product like the beanie stated in the video. Find a good supplier and order 500 variations, market this beanie on Etsy, and find I am not any different from all the others ordering from the same suppliers. I'm new to most of this and from my point of view, I can make some money. Would I trust living on this? No. Side income, you bet!

What failures are you having?

Last edited:

ecommerce_lovin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Jun 15, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
How are you generating 5k/mo on your niche site in just a couple of months? Google sandbox would take a few months to even begin ranking you.

Im not calling bs or anything but i have quite a few niche sites and to nonchalantly say 5k/mo in a couple months off a niche site I'd love to hear more details and see some screenshots because thats unheard of unless you're running a PBN/blackhat techniques.

I have about 10 or so niche sites set up. I am using techniques that some would consider not to be 100% whitehat. I can get more into detail once I'm back in my office. I will be back this Sunday. Currently on vacation!

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Hey man, just watched your videos. Thanks for sharing!

I am just starting out in AMZ so don't want to get distracted :p but if I find some initial success (or failure for that matter) in AMZ I will definitely have this in the back of my mind.. still watching to follow your videos along so thank you!

Side question: have you seen people begin developing brands through unique differentiation and be able to pull it off on Etsy? Or are most people just arbitraging into it? Curious to hear your thoughts from your experience

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...