The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thinking Bigger: doot's Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

doot

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 5, 2019
Charlottesville, USA
As I write this I am sitting in the bathroom of the Talking Stick Resort with $48 in my bank and $40 in my pocket. I haven't cut my hair in months because I can't afford it. I bought the tickets for the Fastlane Summit with borrowed money that I just paid back last week, with the money from an annuity set up for me by my great grandparents in 1999. I came here with nothing, honestly I didn't even come here a true Fastlaner, only vaguely having stumbled across an opportunity in the firearms industry around my area.

But the Summit was worth every borrowed cent.

I came here as an idea guy and will leave having taken action. The presentations everyone made were truly life changing, and I met some inspirational and valuable people who had the heart to stop and give me some help.

Right now I have nothing but a plan. My first step is to become a certified firearms instructor, within six months, and I'll be picking up the things I need to start making that a reality as soon as I get back, literally. In the meantime I am going to get a job to pay the bills (lost mine and had to move all the way to Missouri) and establish the precise costs of my idea and start networking so I can assemble investors and a team of talented and passionate people to make this work. That starts TODAY with THIS THREAD, breaking my fear of commitment and holding myself accountable.

Yes this is risky. Yes this is maybe not the quickest way to cash. But I BELIEVE in this idea and it WILL work in the face of all adversity if I just buckle down and do it. It's going to be tough as hell but I am as ready as I'll ever be.

(Weekly updates)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California
As I write this I am sitting in the bathroom of the Talking Stick Resort with $48 in my bank and $40 in my pocket. I haven't cut my hair in months because I can't afford it. I bought the tickets for the Fastlane Summit with borrowed money that I just paid back last week, with the money from an annuity set up for me by my great grandparents in 1999. I came here with nothing, honestly I didn't even come here a true Fastlaner, only vaguely having stumbled across an opportunity in the firearms industry around my area.

I came here as an idea guy and will leave having taken action. The presentations everyone made were truly life changing, and I met some inspirational and valuable people who had the heart to stop and give me some help.

Right now I have nothing but a plan. My first step is to become a certified firearms instructor, within six months, and I'll be picking up the things I need to start making that a reality as soon as I get back, literally. In the meantime I am going to get a job to pay the bills (lost mine and had to move all the way to Missouri) and establish the precise costs of my idea and start networking so I can assemble investors and a team of talented and passionate people to make this work. That starts TODAY with THIS THREAD, breaking my fear of commitment and holding myself accountable.

Yes this is risky. Yes this is maybe not the quickest way to cash. But I BELIEVE in this idea and it WILL work in the face of all adversity if I just buckle down and do it. It's going to be tough as hell but I am as ready as I'll ever be.

(Weekly updates)
Let me know if I can help in any way. I’m looking forward to hearing about your progress!

doot

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 5, 2019
Charlottesville, USA
Let me know if I can help in any way. I’m looking forward to hearing about your progress!
Thanks a lot! I'll get back to you once I know how much cash I'll need to start up and what I want my store and range to look like. As well as the specifics of planning its construction and operation. Really appreciate it!

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California
Thanks a lot! I'll get back to you once I know how much cash I'll need to start up and what I want my store and range to look like. As well as the specifics of planning its construction and operation. Really appreciate it!
You’re welcome! There are so many great resources available for range development, check out NSSF.org

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Is this is personal want of yours? (to open a gun range/store)

Or does the market NEED this ? I'd imagine gun stores are like 711's in Canada

Think about that before you go guns blazing....

Good luck

doot

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 5, 2019
Charlottesville, USA
Is this is personal want of yours? (to open a gun range/store)

Or does the market NEED this ? I'd imagine gun stores are like 711's in Canada

Think about that before you go guns blazing....

Good luck
Thinking it was a want, not a need, is why I waited so long to get into it. I spotted a specific need for a niche in my area and looked into it to verify.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I would suggest looking into creating some noob friendly content.

I've been at the gun range before shooting and had no idea what I'm doing, some type of educational resources would be great to learn from (how to hold a gun, loading a clip in) and then linking say a website to your range would be my vision if I'd do something in the gun niche.

Just some thoughts.

doot

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 5, 2019
Charlottesville, USA
I would suggest looking into creating some noob friendly content.

I've been at the gun range before shooting and had no idea what I'm doing, some type of educational resources would be great to learn from (how to hold a gun, loading a clip in) and then linking say a website to your range would be my vision if I'd do something in the gun niche.

Just some thoughts.
That is actually what I planned to do! I was going to have a YouTube and a blog that link back to each other and the website. There are some very informative resources out there, but not much that's presented very clearly, or in a digestible way. Glad to hear someone else had the same idea, it means I'm not reinventing the wheel and my idea makes sense to other people.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You just gotta...
...pull the trigger

giphy.gif

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA

(Weekly updates)
and we will hold you accountable.

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California

(Weekly updates)
How's the gun range plan coming along?

blueyedgibson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 19, 2019
California
I don't think he will answer as his last seen was 21 feb 2020, which is only week after he posted this thread
Yeah, I noticed that too and hoped maybe he would receive an email notification for a response to his thread. We will see :thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.