The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
View attachment IMG_1246.mov

IMG_1269.jpeg

So I pulled a David Goggins type of an event yesterday. This year has been challenging for many personal reasons I won’t go into… but I didn’t have the opportunity to train as I typically do.

Still, the weather was perfect and I had an opportunity to ride GranFondo.

I knew it would hurt, but I also knew I could do it. That’s a small benefit from being generally in decent shape. It was a lot slower than my personal best (almost an hour slower!), but I enjoyed the event, had a blast.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Picked up a new eBike this week

IMG_4371.jpeg

I’ve always loved motorcycles, but since I got into an accident a few years back, I’ve stayed off big bikes.

This new one goes 30mph and is a ton of fun. I rode it 31 miles today and still had some battery left. Does really good off road. Cost about $1150 shipped from Amazon.

Always have had a hard time with spending money on my self, so I decided to start a YouTube channel about this and other e-bikes, motorcycles and cars. That way I can review them, put in an affiliate link, and maybe I can business expense them lol. Have to talk to my accountant about that.

IMG_4398.png

My other bike has a couple of videos with 2,600 and 14,000 views so far, and a few YouTube shorts with another few thousand views each.

IMG_4397.png

Made a whopping $44.47 so far lol. Still pretty cool that I can make some content talking about something I enjoy, and have it resonate with other people. Would be cool if I could grow it and have companies send me bikes to review.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
well,

My sister has been noticing me starting a business, so her and her friends decided they want to start a brand about books.

Im trying my best to encourage this behaviour and im helping them with making book covers.

Kind of nice to see how even though I’m not making much progress, people pick up on it.

(Anyone know of ai generating book covers? If so please share:praise:)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Corfu, lowering my blood pressure through freediving, swimming, and chilling out by the water.

PXL_20230917_092216888.jpg

One of the coolest things you can do in Greece is renting a motorboat. The city you see in the distance on the other coast is in Albania (Sarandë). At its narrowest point, it's only about 2 km from Corfu in Greece to Albania.

PXL_20230916_064602583.jpg

Here's my freediving spot. Much colder water on this side of the island due to underground freshwater springs (21 degrees Celsius vs 25 degrees on the other coast) but easy access to depth. A little bit further out where most of the boats are anchored it's about 20-25 meters of depth.

PXL_20230910_074512282.jpg

This is NOT where we're staying but I really like the composition of this picture. Looks like some millionaire's villa but it's actually a pool belonging to a nearby hotel which we passed on the way to the beach.

PXL_20230912_135906357.jpg

Taken in a monastery where about 30 nuns live. They welcome visitors with free drinking water and loukoumi. I love the colors in this picture. But it's not hard to take a good picture in the Mediterranean in the summer considering the great light and blue skies.

I'm soon leaving for Kalamata (deemed one of the best places in the world for freediving; we'll see if that's the case) where I plan to train freediving hardcore for 4 weeks to level up as much as I can.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Now I remember why I don't gamble regularly and make sports bets, as soon as I posted a bet on the DiamondBacks for the World Series, they lost 5 straight games.

Was looking grim on the Dbacks, back in wild card hunt full force! They been buzz sawing the Cubs for two series and now us Cubby fans sweating hard.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Chilling out in a private, secluded villa with a million-dollar Mediterranean view for 2,000 euros per month. Free dogs and cats included.

In moments like these, you realize how grateful you are for the Fastlane and for the freedom it has helped you attain. As always, thank you again @MJ DeMarco for the impact on my life. If it weren't for this forum, I'd probably be stuck in my home country praying for the spring to come back as soon as possible.

k.jpg

k2.jpg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
Mini vacation… beautiful day

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

And this T-shit is funny, so I bought one :)
IMG_1402.jpeg

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 4, 2019

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
IMG_1065.jpegIMG_1049.jpegIMG_1046.jpegIMG_3587.jpegIMG_3487.jpegIMG_0864.jpegIMG_0858.jpegIMG_0842.jpegIMG_0781.jpegIMG_4291.jpegJust got back from 2 weeks motorbiking Northern Vietnam

Most beautiful scenery I have ever seen and the people there are amazing, nothing like other south East Asian countries where you are hassled and treated like an atm 24/7, the people there are so nice and don’t want anything from you

I learned to ride a motorbike there which probably does not pass the risk/reward test but hey, I’m still alive and I’m pretty damn good at riding now

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
And a lil video from the 360 camera

Attachments

• IMG_3222.mov
    38.3 MB · Views: 0

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
20230919_181243.jpg20230918_200458.jpg20230919_192536.jpg
Some pictures from my London adventure. It was a very mixed experience but overall I had a good time. It was a school graduation trip with the coolest teacher and bus driver ever.
Probably the first one to say it but I wish school as it is would go on for a few more years. I love my teachers, my timetable and my subjects. We are encouraged to think freely and do our own thing, everyone I talk to about it thinks starting a business is really smart and cool.

P.s. yes I spent the whole trip in pj pants because it was funny.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Back from three weeks in Reunion island. Beautiful place, sunny all year round, amazing beaches & mountains, whales everywhere, some pics from hiking an active volcano as well.

Did you enter the ocean? I'm not afraid of sharks but Réunion is one of the very few places in the world where I wouldn't enter the water. The history of attacks is terrifying.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
How do you measure the risk/fun measure?

I mean, basically anything fun could go wrong, just really anything.

And they tend to give you short term happiness.

How do you know when it’s a good time to back out of it?

Tubing - You can fly off and hurt yourself
Airplane - it can crash
Driving - it can crash
Playing a sport
Parachuting
Swimming

Basically, there are tons of things, of which I do a ton, but can end fatally, and I was wondering how do I know when the negatives out weigh the positives?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018

Airplane - it can crash
Driving - it can crash
Playing a sport
Parachuting
Swimming

Basically, there are tons of things, of which I do a ton, but can end fatally, and I was wondering how do I know when the negatives out weigh the positives?

In short, think in bets.

How many people die in the swimming pool while being good swimmers and doing laps for fitness?

How many people die in adventure sports like wing suit jumping?

Make your own decisions accordingly…

I recall a while back YouTube was filled with young people hanging off tall buildings with no safety equipment. It was nuts how scary it was to just watch on a video! Let alone doing it… so many of them died… it’s incredibly sad, yet also predictable. There was zero margin for error.
Like this:
View: https://youtu.be/kpS7vhvkIQM?si=bm86cSihcfWrB-Kf

If any young person asked me for an opinion… I’d say never ever even contemplate something this dangerous. Life is short enough, why make it even shorter?!

Edit: apply the same logic to business. There are good bets and dumb bets. Good are where odds are disproportionally good to you when you win, but acceptably low impact on you if you lose. This asymmetric risk / reward is the best way I know how to make big $$…

Edit 2: examples
Good: read books like MJs. You either lost 4-8 hours of your life for nothing or you become a millionaire fast. How’s that for asymmetry?

Bad: dump everything you have, including racking up debt, into crypto in hopes of hitting a 1,000x. Best case you make it rich fast, worse case it wipes you out. Since 99/100 times you can’t time the market, it’s 99% likely you are wiped out. How’s that for bad odds?!

Last edited:

rory182

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Dec 26, 2022
Did you enter the ocean? I'm not afraid of sharks but Réunion is one of the very few places in the world where I wouldn't enter the water. The history of attacks is terrifying.

I did - I snorkelled in protected coral reef lagoons (lots of great fish and one turtle I saw)

Shark flags were out but people were pretty happy to surf. This video made me think more about sharks and how they're not bothered about humans, but I'm not that comfortable to get in the water there.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I did - I snorkelled in protected coral reef lagoons (lots of great fish and one turtle I saw)

Shark flags were out but people were pretty happy to surf. This video made me think more about sharks and how they're not bothered about humans, but I'm not that comfortable to get in the water there.

Yeah it's not about the sharks in general. It's about their behavior on this specific island as something is/was very wrong there. You can find some interesting articles trying to figure out what causes so many attacks there.

Well, these lagoons can still be dangerous:

Roperth was on holiday and was snorkeling with a group of tourists. Based on witness accounts, she was on the outer edge of the group in 10–12 foot waters when she was attacked. A big dorsal fin of a shark was seen behind her seconds prior to the attack. She was bitten in two at the torso, with the shark carrying off the lower half. The species of the shark is unknown.

But that article I quoted above implies that the situation has improved so maybe it's indeed safer now.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

Airplane - it can crash
Driving - it can crash
Playing a sport
Parachuting
Swimming

You can relax in the comfort of your own home and suddenly a car could go through your window or a helicopter could crash into your home. The chances of that happening? Pretty low. But it can still happen.

If you're going to live your life entirely "safe", you're not going to be experiencing anything in life. Like @Antifragile think of it as bets and percentages. Decide on the chances of what you are comfortable with. If you go top-roping, you could have tied the rope wrong to the carabiner and fall. But that's a small chance, decide if that's okay with you.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
In short, think in bets.

How many people die in the swimming pool while being good swimmers and doing laps for fitness?

How many people die in adventure sports like wing suit jumping?

Make your own decisions accordingly…

I recall a while back YouTube was filled with young people hanging off tall buildings with no safety equipment. It was nuts how scary it was to just watch on a video! Let alone doing it… so many of them died… it’s incredibly sad, yet also predictable. There was zero margin for error.
Like this:
View: https://youtu.be/kpS7vhvkIQM?si=bm86cSihcfWrB-Kf

If any young person asked me for an opinion… I’d say never ever even contemplate something this dangerous. Life is short enough, why make it even shorter?!

Edit: apply the same logic to business. There are good bets and dumb bets. Good are where odds are disproportionally good to you when you win, but acceptably low impact on you if you lose. This asymmetric risk / reward is the best way I know how to make big $$…

Edit 2: examples
Good: read boons like MJs. You either lost 4-8 hours of your life for nothing or you become a millionaire fast. How’s that for asymmetry?

Bad: dump everything you have, including racking up debt, into crypto in hopes of hitting a 1,000x. Best case you make it rich fast, worse case it wipes you out. Since 99/100 times you can’t time the market, it’s 99% likely you are wiped out. How’s that for bad odds?!
You can relax in the comfort of your own home and suddenly a car could go through your window or a helicopter could crash into your home. The chances of that happening? Pretty low. But it can still happen.

If you're going to live your life entirely "safe", you're not going to be experiencing anything in life. Like @Antifragile think of it as bets and percentages. Decide on the chances of what you are comfortable with. If you go top-roping, you could have tied the rope wrong to the carabiner and fall. But that's a small chance, decide if that's okay with you.
Well, thank you guys, I was expecting 0 responses.

Just I was always a what if person when I was younger until summer break where I became a dare devil.

I rode jet skis, went tubing, rode motorcycles, and many more.

And when we were getting on the tube, that thought hit me: “what if I go flying and I break my arm or back, or worse neck?”

So I’ve been wondering that for a while.

I decided to go, I had the BEST time ever.

But then came the motorcycle, I had adrenaline running through me and then I lost control and had almost got my leg crushed and burnt.

It’s a very blurred line for me as I’m an over-thinker but out-going..

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Well, thank you guys, I was expecting 0 responses.

Just I was always a what if person when I was younger until summer break where I became a dare devil.

I rode jet skis, went tubing, rode motorcycles, and many more.

And when we were getting on the tube, that thought hit me: “what if I go flying and I break my arm or back, or worse neck?”

So I’ve been wondering that for a while.

I decided to go, I had the BEST time ever.

But then came the motorcycle, I had adrenaline running through me and then I lost control and had almost got my leg crushed and burnt.

It’s a very blurred line for me as I’m an over-thinker but out-going..
The math changed for me personally when I got married and had kids of my own. I'm more cautious now knowing how much others depend on me.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
PXL_20230923_210006629.jpgPXL_20230923_202416592.jpgPXL_20230923_204248820.jpgPXL_20230923_203023704.jpg

I saw people sharing waterfalls, so I thought I'd share this little desert oasis I found today with what I am pretty sure are 2 of Arizona's biggest waterfalls...

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Made my first few bucks at a birthday party yesterday, :party::party: woo woo

I’m going to use it to buy a few things to invest in myself, but I’m prolly going to save some to get into that habit.

Last edited:

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Its AFL Grand Final week and my team Collingwood will be challenging Brisbane to become AFL world champs. I'm looking forward to attending the game, been in person to see 2 losses and a draw so hopefully a positive result this Saturday!

In laws planned a family holiday months ago which clashes, so I'll unfortunately miss out on that.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Its AFL Grand Final week and my team Collingwood will be challenging Brisbane to become AFL world champs. I'm looking forward to attending the game, been in person to see 2 losses and a draw so hopefully a positive result this Saturday!

In laws planned a family holiday months ago which clashes, so I'll unfortunately miss out on that.
So... win/win? ;)

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Yeah it's not about the sharks in general. It's about their behavior on this specific island as something is/was very wrong there. You can find some interesting articles trying to figure out what causes so many attacks there.

Well, these lagoons can still be dangerous:

But that article I quoted above implies that the situation has improved so maybe it's indeed safer now.
The stuff I saw about shark attacks on reunion island really scarred me, and I grew up in a town just south of Byron Bay Australia that has had a lot of attacks and fatalities in the last decade. Really shocking as it was nothing to be heard of when I was a kid wagging school to go to the beach.

But that 12 year old surfer in Reunion, oh man, horrifying.

The island is on my bucket list though, but I'll stick to the waterfalls lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.