The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Journey of an Email Copywriter

Marketing, social media, advertising

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 53

Finished the welcome email but having a bit of a problem with Beehiivs formatting which is making it look a bit weird on mobile so I'm planning on fixing that tomorrow. I'm going to share my newsletter in the discords share your newsletter chat and publish my first post to get it ready and sent by Saturday.

I'm really studying the format of other newsletters to make sure it's in a format that makes it easy for the readers to read and enjoy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 54

Finished editing the welcome email and interacted with the discord today. I posted my newsletter in the share your newsletter discord today. I'm going to continue posting on Twitter and implementing strategies to grow and reach my audience.

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 8, 2022
Day 55

Got some feedback on my Newsletter from the NewsletterDiscord today. I'm going to make sure my Newsletter landing page is more clear and more enticing to potential subscribers.
It's very nice to see your daily consistent action. Keep going!

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 56

I spent some time in the Newsletter Discord and interacted with some of their Twitter accounts. But I changed my one-line description to something that would fit my Newsletter more. Maybe I was overthinking it but it took me quite a while to find one that works best for me.

I continued writing my first post which should be released Sunday.

I need to post on Twitter more I did one post and just went ghost for a couple of days. So I need to make sure I just take like 5 minutes out of my day and just write a quick post.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 56

I spent some time in the Newsletter Discord and interacted with some of their Twitter accounts. But I changed my one-line description to something that would fit my Newsletter more. Maybe I was overthinking it but it took me quite a while to find one that works best for me.

I continued writing my first post which should be released Sunday.

I need to post on Twitter more I did one post and just went ghost for a couple of days. So I need to make sure I just take like 5 minutes out of my day and just write a quick post.
Spend more time commenting than posting.

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
Day 56

damn keep going with your consistency, i realy enjoy it to follow you.

i see that you want to grow on twitter, i can recommend you to watch this video from george ten:

he is a very successfull twitter "copywriter" with 140k follower.

you will find this valueable for sure.

Spend more time commenting than posting.

good advice.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Who already has your clients?" (Jay Abraham)

Step 1 as a service provider is to make friends, build relationships, and create win-wins.

One good relationship could blow up your business.

Case in point: I connected years ago with a guy building a Facebook Ads agency. We had a few chats and went our separate ways. We reconnected more recently and he's brought 8 new Google Ads clients to me in the last 7 days.

If you're on Twitter then the most immediate benefit is you can connect with people. Follow them, comment on their tweets, end up in DM, end up collaborating. That will bring results waaay faster than trying to post to get engagement, build an audience, and then sell to that audience.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
"Who already has your clients?" (Jay Abraham)

Step 1 as a service provider is to make friends, build relationships, and create win-wins.

One good relationship could blow up your business.

Case in point: I connected years ago with a guy building a Facebook Ads agency. We had a few chats and went our separate ways. We reconnected more recently and he's brought 8 new Google Ads clients to me in the last 7 days.

If you're on Twitter then the most immediate benefit is you can connect with people. Follow them, comment on their tweets, end up in DM, end up collaborating. That will bring results waaay faster than trying to post to get engagement, build an audience, and then sell to that audience.
WOW, that's insane 8 clients in 7 days from a good relationship. Yeah, I'll make sure to comment more and try to build real connections instead of just posting.

I was considering posting more because everything I read about newsletter growth connected to growing a social media platform. So I'll put my main focus on building new relationships and interacting with the community.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
damn keep going with your consistency, i realy enjoy it to follow you.

i see that you want to grow on twitter, i can recommend you to watch this video from george ten:

he is a very successfull twitter "copywriter" with 140k follower.

you will find this valueable for sure.

good advice.
Thank you man I appreciate it. This will 100% help me out when I do post more.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 57

I spent the day commenting on Twitter posts and writing my first newsletter post.

I will say writing this is a very fun and interesting experience.

It forces me to think a bit deeper as I'm writing and find why I enjoy it and how it can help my readers.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 58

Today I spent some more time on Twitter interacting with people. From commenting and liking posts I've gotten three followers. I was a bit surprised to see that people followed me just by commenting and liking a couple of posts. I'm going to continue being friendly and active on Twitter with people.

I finished writing up the content for my first newsletter post I just need to get the formatting right.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 59

Going to be sending my first newsletter post out in the afternoon. It's not the best but it's a start I can only get better from here.

I spent the day in the Discord Newsletter and on Twitter. I made sure to interact with more people on Twitter and I now have about 5 followers on Twitter.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 59

Going to be sending my first newsletter post out in the afternoon. It's not the best but it's a start I can only get better from here.

I spent the day in the Discord Newsletter and on Twitter. I made sure to interact with more people on Twitter and I now have about 5 followers on Twitter.
Consider posting weekly updates here, and focusing your energy in newsletter/copywriting communities, as well as growing your own newsletter.

If you had to make a sale this week then what would you do?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Consider posting weekly updates here, and focusing your energy in newsletter/copywriting communities, as well as growing your own newsletter.
Yeah, I was considering posting weekly posts after I saw the value/post ratio. I'll make sure to focus on Newsletter/copywriting communities and being a peer in these groups as I grow my newsletter.

If you had to make a sale this week then what would you do?

That's a good question if I had to make a sale this week what would I do? I honestly don't know what I would do I'm still sending out cold emails. I'm still Interacting with people in groups. I think it would be to send out more cold emails and try ending up in someone Dms from the groups I participate in.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Some of the things I did last week
- Comment more on Twitter
- spend time in the Kajabi group
- Sent out more Cold Emails
- Spend time in the Newsletter Discord
- Read 25% of the art and business of online writing by Nicolas Cole
- Sent out my 2nd newsletter issue

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
- Spent time in the Kajabi group
- Sent Cold DMs
- Spent time in the Newsletter Discord
- Almost done with the art and business of online writing by Nicolas Cole
- Sent out my 3rd newsletter issue

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
- Spent time in the Kajabi group
- Sent Cold DMs
- Almost done with the art and business of online writing by Nicolas Cole
- Sent out my 3rd newsletter issue
Any closer to creating content for people, free or paid?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Any closer to creating content for people, free or paid?
Yeah I'm getting closer I need to put more work into Twitter but so far it's just publishing my newsletter as free content. I talked to another content creator on Twitter whos growing his Twitter pretty rapidly and he gave me some tips for growth and a gum road pdf he put together.

I am also thinking of changing my newsletter because in the art and business of online writing, he mentions being in your own category. I am not in my own category I made my newsletter knowing I'm in the same category as someone else.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
- Sent Cold DMs
- 80% done with the art and business of online writing by Nicolas Cole
- Sent out my 4th newsletter issue
- Got 2 more subscribers to my newsletter

Plans for next week
Cold DM
Cold Email
Be active in groups
Message family friend/Past client and ask if they need help with anything

Thoughts

I was thinking a lot about what I can do to get a client right now and the easiest and best thing to do was ask my past client/ family friend. It will most likely not be email marketing and most likely either web design, Google ads, or Facebook ads. But I'm happy to help them out with whatever problem that may be.

I'm starting to pull away a bit from making an email marketing agency that helps ecom brands and instead be a marketing agency that helps local businesses/people with Facebook ads or Google ads.

I plan to still continue my newsletter because I've learned that I really like the newsletter business model. I just need to focus even more on growing and creating more.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ask everyone you've ever done work with if they know anyone who needs help with XYZ.

Mattoniy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Apr 9, 2023
- Sent Cold DMs
- 80% done with the art and business of online writing by Nicolas Cole
- Sent out my 4th newsletter issue
- Got 2 more subscribers to my newsletter

Plans for next week
Cold DM
Cold Email
Be active in groups

Thoughts

I was thinking a lot about what I can do to get a client right now and the easiest and best thing to do was ask my past client/ family friend. It will most likely not be email marketing and most likely either web design, Google ads, or Facebook ads. But I'm happy to help them out with whatever problem that may be.

I'm starting to pull away a bit from making an email marketing agency that helps ecom brands and instead be a marketing agency that helps local businesses/people with Facebook ads or Google ads.

I plan to still continue my newsletter because I've learned that I really like the newsletter business model. I just need to focus even more on growing and creating more.
Hey, this is a really interesting thread.

As a brand owner I can tell you that newsletters are incredibly important, maybe you could expand your service to growing mailing lists as well. I know how hard that can be and it's a skill heavily sort after! How do you market your services? Have you considered a website and using keyword ads to get clients/leads?

Matt

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Hey, this is a really interesting thread.

As a brand owner I can tell you that newsletters are incredibly important, maybe you could expand your service to growing mailing lists as well. I know how hard that can be and it's a skill heavily sort after! How do you market your services? Have you considered a website and using keyword ads to get clients/leads?

Matt
No, I've never considered a website and using ads to get clients or leads. I was mostly trying to be active in communities and cold emailing and Cold Dming to get leads.

Growing newsletters is a heavily sort after skillset.

I watched this
View: https://youtu.be/lyNk_KnuICc
a while back and this guy made an agency for growing other newsletters.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Ask everyone you've ever done work with if they know anyone who needs help with XYZ.

I was thinking of this exact thread as I came to my realization.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
- Sent Cold DMs
-Messaged my past client if they need any help with anything

Plans for next week
Cold Email
Be active in Newsletter group
Talk to past client/family friend about what they need help with.

Thoughts

So I messaged my past client and she said to go over and we can talk about what they need help with so I'm excited about that. Other than that school took up a lot of my time during the week. Closing in on finals so the workload has just been increasing more and more.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
- Sent Cold DMs
- Sent Cold Emails
- Spent time in the newsletter Discord
-talked to my past client
- talked to possible leads
- started making a website

Plans for next week
Cold Email
Cold Dm
Finish website

Thoughts

So after talking with my past client she came to the conclusion that they need a website eventually and they'll go to me for it but they don't want the website to start being made now. They are scared that they may get much more business than they can handle.

I got a couple of leads from Cold emails and Cold DMs. One of them I lost because I wasn't proactive enough, and another I lost because I don't have a website. So I thought I might as well make a quick website to look more professional to the business owners I'm contacting.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
They are scared that they may get much more business than they can handle.
Lol... what a dumb thing to be scared of. You just put filters in place to reduce lead flow but increase quality. Or you just turn it off.

I often tell prospects and clients that "Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Lol... what a dumb thing to be scared of. You just put filters in place to reduce lead flow but increase quality. Or you just turn it off.

I often tell prospects and clients that "Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."
Right, it's more her husband that's concerned about it than her. But his fear about it is insanely high so I just left it alone. I ended it by saying whenever you're ready to start shoot me a text and I'll help you if I have the time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Right, it's more her husband that's concerned about it than her. But his fear about it is insanely high so I just left it alone. I ended it by saying whenever you're ready to start shoot me a text and I'll help you if I have the time.
Nice. Pay attention to red flags and back out politely.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
I haven't updated in about 2 months so I'm going to start again.

So within the last 2 months, I've bought Sean Marshall's digital marketing course and I've been doing more outreach for my agency. I've completely swapped from offering email marketing and now I'm doing lead gen for a local niche business.

My methods of outreach have been mostly cold Dming on Instagram and cold calling.

I recently scheduled my first appointment by cold calling. So wish me luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.