The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Journey of an Email Copywriter

Marketing, social media, advertising

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 27

Late update but I gathered the emails of 8 different eCommerce companies and I'm going to cold-email the person in charge of marketing for each company tomorrow using Lemlist.

I interacted mostly in the all things Kajabi Facebook group today. They don't have many posts so I'm going to try to get into the official Kajabi group again. I wasn't accepted into it because I needed a Kajabi Account. So I signed up for the free trial and applied.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Late update but I gathered the emails of 8 different eCommerce companies and I'm going to cold-email the person in charge of marketing for each company tomorrow using Lemlist.

I interacted mostly in the all things Kajabi Facebook group today. They don't have many posts so I'm going to try to get into the official Kajabi group again. I wasn't accepted into it because I needed a Kajabi Account. So I signed up for the free trial and applied.
Have a look at The Nathan Barry Show on YouTube or the podcast. He's the founder of ConvertKit and talks to various email newsletter owners.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 28

Today, I collected more emails to cold email. But, I did not email anyone because I got confused about the small things.

I realized that with a new email address, my messages will most likely end up labeled as spam or junk. So, I was confused about whether I should set up a Google Workspace and purchase a domain to set up DKIM, SPF, and DMARC with the email. Setting them up would increase my chances of not being sent to spam but confusion got the best of me and I wasn't sure if I should proceed and buy the domain. I have heard that this is a trap that new entrepreneurs usually fall into with getting their domain, but I don't know I think I'm just ranting at this point and worrying too much about the small things.

So I'll figure it out and make sure I send the cold emails tomorrow. On the bright side, I have more possible leads.

Aside from all that, I made sure to spend time today in the Klaviyo email marketing group and all things Kajabi group. I have not been accepted into the main Kajabi group yet, but I hope to be accepted tomorrow.

Last edited:

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 29

Today I went to class and let assignments stack up so I didn't have that much time to do work today. But I managed to send 1 cold email out. I also got accepted into the main Kajabi group so tomorrow I'm going to make sure I interact with the community more.

Last edited:

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 30

Today I interacted with the main Kajabi group. This group is by far the most active group I've recently joined. That makes me extremely happy the community is so nice and helpful to others. A poll was run today about the problem most users are experiencing in the group. Email marketing was the 2nd worst problem for the members of this group. So I'm just going to continue being a peer in this group and eventually help the people who are having problems with Email marketing. I also finished sending out all of my cold emails.

Plans for tomorrow
- collect more Eccomerce leads
- spend more time interacting in the Kajabi community
- Check for answers to cold emails and follow up

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 30

Today I interacted with the main Kajabi group. This group is by far the most active group I've recently joined. That makes me extremely happy the community is so nice and helpful to others. A poll was run today about the problem most users are experiencing in the group. Email marketing was the 2nd worst problem for the members of this group. So I'm just going to continue being a peer in this group and eventually help the people who are having problems with Email marketing. I also finished sending out all of my cold emails.

Plans for tomorrow
- collect more Eccomerce leads
- spend more time interacting in the Kajabi community
- Check for answers to cold emails and follow up
I was going to say earlier that you'll likely kiss a lot of frogs before you find a group or handful of groups that you enjoy being in. If this is the standout one then ignore all others and be helpful in this one.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
I was going to say earlier that you'll likely kiss a lot of frogs before you find a group or handful of groups that you enjoy being in. If this is the standout one then ignore all others and be helpful in this one.
That's exactly what I was planning on doing this group is just right.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 31

So no answers to the cold emails sadly. But that's not going to stop me, I found 5 more Eccomerce companies that I can help so I'm going to cold email them tomorrow. I of course interacted with the Kajabi group chat today. Today I just liked most posts I came across and congratulated some people on their achievements with Kajabi.

My problem today was finding e-commerce leads to cold email. I don't exactly have a system to find these companies. It's mostly me typing in a well-known e-commerce company on Instagram and hitting the button to show profiles like it. So I'm also trying to see if there is a better way to find eccomerce clients to contact and help.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 32

So today I sent some cold emails out today, spent time in the Facebook Kajabi group, and searched for more eccomerce leads. I think I may have found a better way to find leads but It's still pretty time-consuming.

Plans for tomorrow

- check if any one responded to cold email
- spend more time in Kajabi group
- Find more eccomerce leads if I haven't gotten an answer.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 33

Did everything I had to do for the day again no responses to cold emails. I actually had a bit of a conversation with some people in the Kajabi group today. I'm also starting to notice the people who are @ed quite often because of the value they provide to the group about certain problems.

tomorrow I'm a bit busy but my plan is to spend even more time in the Facebook group.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 33

Did everything I had to do for the day again no responses to cold emails. I actually had a bit of a conversation with some people in the Kajabi group today. I'm also starting to notice the people who are @ed quite often because of the value they provide to the group about certain problems.

tomorrow I'm a bit busy but my plan is to spend even more time in the Facebook group.
Are you using Kajabi? Could you also join groups for tools you could sign up for? Maybe ConvertKit or other ESPs? Or Beehiiv, Substack, or other newsletter tools?

Can you start your own newsletter so you're learning from people in the groups, and you're a *peer*?

Or maybe open your own Shopify store or use some other eCommerce tool?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Are tou using Kajabi? Could you also join groups for tools you could sign up for? Maybe ConvertKit or other ESPs?
I'm not using Kajabi but I signed up for a free trial to get access to the group chat. So I have to cancel the subscription pretty soon. I can join the Convertkit and other ESPs I just need to make an account and be a registered user to join. But, Convertkit's official Facebook group doesn't seem very active, with only six posts per week. So I'll try to join ActiveCampaign's group because it seems a lot more active, with 3 posts per day.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm not using Kajabi but I signed up for a free trial to get access to the group chat. So I have to cancel the subscription pretty soon. I can join the Convertkit and other ESPs I just need to make an account and be a registered user to join. But, Convertkit's official Facebook group doesn't seem very active, with only six posts per week. So I'll try to join ActiveCampaign's group because it seems a lot more active, with 3 posts per day.
Maybe you can help make the ConvertKit group more active? I've done that in groups before. Think about what the group owner's goals are. Can you help them achieve it?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Maybe you can help make the ConvertKit group more active? I've done that in groups before. Think about what the group owner's goals are. Can you help them achieve it?
Yeah, I could help the group be more active. I sent a request to join Convertkit and ActiveCampaign Facebook groups today.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 34

My assignments got the best of me and I didn't interact with the Kajabi group much today. But I squeezed in the time to request to join the Convertkit and ActiveCampaign Facebook group. So I'll be finding out if I got accepted when I wake up later.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 35

So today I spent a good chunk of time in the Kajabi and ActiveCampaign Facebook groups. Convertkit still hasn't accepted my request so I will have to wait a bit longer. But today I mostly liked people's posts and congratulated them on any achievement they reached. I also set up a new campaign to cold email more eccomerce companies.

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
You're sending 5 a day? I email ecommerce brands too and the volume you need to be hitting is more like 300 a day. See below 2K sent in the last week. I get 2-3 positive replies a day and that's because of the volume. Get instantly.ai and set up automated sending/follow-ups. You can personalize the 1st email in each sequence, either do it yourself or have AI do it.

For leads I use storeleads.app there are 11M brands on there.

For script, keep it simple.

Hey Name

Personalized Compliment

Case Study / Big Promise

CTA

My reply rate is 8.2% but positive reply rate is more like 2%. So sending 5-10 a day (which I used to do btw) will never lead to results even if your scripts are awesome.

@Wizza134 DM me if you want to talk this more, I've been doing client acquisiton in ecom since June and I'm pretty clear on what works and what doesn't at this point.

Also 300 a day might sound intimidating but I spend like, 0 time on this other than responding to the positive replies and putting a new list every Sunday. It's fully automated.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 12.02.36 AM.png

Last edited:

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
You're sending 5 a day? I email ecommerce brands too and the volume you need to be hitting is more like 300 a day. See below 2K sent in the last week. I get 2-3 positive replies a day and that's because of the volume. Get instantly.ai and set up automated sending/follow-ups. You can personalize the 1st email in each sequence, either do it yourself or have AI do it.

For leads I use storeleads.app there are 11M brands on there.

For script, keep it simple.

Hey Name

Personalized Compliment

Case Study / Big Promise

CTA

My reply rate is 8.2% but positive reply rate is more like 2%. So sending 5-10 a day (which I used to do btw) will never lead to results even if your scripts are awesome.

@Wizza134 DM me if you want to talk this more, I've been doing client acquisiton in ecom since June and I'm pretty clear on what works and what doesn't at this point.

Also 300 a day might sound intimidating but I spend like, 0 time on this other than responding to the positive replies and putting a new list every Sunday. It's fully automated.

View attachment 47290
I would say at the highest yeah usually five a day.

I had no idea how to actually do more volume thank you for this. I'll send you a DM I want to talk about this a bit more.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 36

Today I did the same as usual interacted with the Kajabi Group and Active Campaign group. Thanks to @Chx I also signed up for Instantly.ai and now have a more reliable way to Cold email and find leads. Sadly I didn't get too much done today because classes and schoolwork took up a lot of time. But hopefully, I can get more done tomorrow before and after class.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 37

So what I did today was spend a lot of time in the Kajabi Facebook group. I'm starting to get more likes and more people responding to me so that's good. Tomorrow I'm going to try to spend more time in both the Kajabi and ActiveCampaign group.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 38

Spent time in Kajabi and ActiveCampaign group today. Besides that no other updates.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 38

Spent time in Kajabi and ActiveCampaign group today. Besides that no other updates.
Have any conversations ensued? Not as potential clients but just to get to know more people.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Have any conversations ensued? Not as potential clients but just to get to know more people.
So far no conversations have ensued to get to know more people. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I try to like a lot of posts and congratulate people in the comments.

I've only had one person who I had a mini conversation with but nothing too big.

Most posts in these groups are usually just issues, questions, or small accomplishments.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Most posts in these groups are usually just issues, questions, or small accomplishments.
That's normal. Observe the posts in this forum. Have you ended up chatting to anyone in the forum even?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
That's normal. Observe the posts in this forum. Have you ended up chatting to anyone in the forum even?
I'll start observing more posts in the forum. I've chatted to a couple of people on the forum but not many I'll change that.

I've always been very closed off and never really active with any social media platform. So it's a bit of an adjustment that I need to make to interact with people more everywhere.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 39

I didn't get anything done today. I was swamped with assignments that took the entire day to do. But I am ready to send out more cold emails tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 39

I didn't get anything done today. I was swamped with assignments that took the entire day to do. But I am ready to send out more cold emails tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that.
Check out newsletters too. They need content, and regularly.

Check out Find newsletters who want to do cross promotions - Lettergrowth and the accompanying Discord group. Even today there's people asking about ghostwriters for their newsletters.

Maybe signup to ConvertKit, Substack, Beehiiv, etc and have a wee play with them. Maybe start your own newsletter?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Check out newsletters too. They need content, and regularly.

Check out Find newsletters who want to do cross promotions - Lettergrowth and the accompanying Discord group. Even today there's people asking about ghostwriters for their newsletters.

Maybe signup to ConvertKit, Substack, Beehiiv, etc and have a wee play with them. Maybe start your own newsletter?
Woah I didn't know about letter growth that's pretty cool. I never thought that I could ghostwrite for Newsletters.

I did think about making my own newsletter at some point but I was still unsure. I do have a Convertkit account so I guess I'll just start one.

I'll join their discord group and see if I can ghostwrite for anyone.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Woah I didn't know about letter growth that's pretty cool. I never thought that I could ghostwrite for Newsletters.

I did think about making my own newsletter at some point but I was still unsure. I do have a Convertkit account so I guess I'll just start one.

I'll join their discord group and see if I can ghostwrite for anyone.
Consider NOT joining with a goal of finding clients to ghostwrite for. Maybe start your own newsletter and go in as a peer. Figure out how to grow a newsletter, monetise a newsletter, get sponsors, publish consistently, choose a format, etc. Bounce around as a peer and see what happens. Maybe you go down the newsletter rabbithole and end up not even being a copywriter? It seems counterintuitive but I think that approach would help you get to know newsletter owners better and end up bringing more copywriting clients if you do go that route.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.