The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The dream of owning a house that is (un)realizable

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Now, you can continue being miserable for an indefinite amount of time (likely forever)
Forever, or until you jump off a F*cking bridge. Because that's the expected outcome when you have this pathological way of thinking.

As you've said, the knowledge that can be learned from this forum and from MJ's work can (and in many cases is) lifechanging. So quitting the forum because someone was mean to you might have not been the best move.

But if you want to learn, you need some degree of humility: accept the fact that you've made some mistakes and now it's time to change who you are.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Dude, deleting your account in this forum because some random dude was blunt with you about your issues will probably end up being the biggest mistake you'll ever make.

Nobody here really cares about your feelings. They might be empathetic towards your situation, but if you want people to sugarcoat their words and throw you a pity party, you are free to experience that in the corporate world and Reddit.

You only get the cold hard truth here. And the truth often hurts.

Change hurts too. And you'll have to go through a LOT of change if you are to turn your life around.

And don't think for a second that everyone here just randomly became successful and pleased with their lifestyle. Practically everyone here has gone through many, many hurdles - whether that's financial, health, or otherwise, and they're being hard on you because they know your mentality is causing a negative chain reaction to everything you've done, are doing and will ever do.

Now, you can continue being miserable for an indefinite amount of time (likely forever) and externalize blame for every single thing that doesn't go well...

OR you can stick around, read the GOLD threads (a LOT of answers lie there!), and interact with the members of one of the best communities on the Internet. And when things suddenly begin to "click", you're likely to find yourself in a much better place both mentally and financially.

I know he probably won't, but imagine how bad a$$ it would be for him to say

"I was wrong, I'm mediocre right now and that's on me, I'm going to man up and become responsible for my lack of skills and my limiting beliefs and do what I can from now to live an extraordinary life."

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Hope you stick around - the comeback story from this shitty start would be epic and inspiring.

Take the L, recognize you're at the driving wheel of your life and that if you want life to be better, you've got to be better. You've had dozens of successful entrepreneurs nudge you in terms of what you're doing wrong and what you can do right.

How you act on that advice is what will determine your path. Do you cower, delete your account, and go back to mediocrity, begging for a house? Or do you man up, take your ego behind the shed and shoot the IQ and intelligence out of it, and start bettering yourself?

The answer seems obvious
1659721550433.png

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Oh no.. I was hoping this would be a future Gold Threads of all Gold Threads. OP has no idea that most of us here in the forum including the lurkers are wishing and rooting for his success.

I guess entrepreneurship is not for everyone.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I told my girlfriend what this guy said and she said

“What kind of 33 year old man makes that little money”
“He suffers from retardation not depression”
“Why would you post something like that you’re just going to get a lot of dudes telling you the truth and it’s going to hurt his feelings”
“Babe it’s midnight can we go to bed soon?”
I told my girlfriend what this guy said and she said

"He's a lazy bitch idiot who wants a shortcut"
"He wont take risks"
"His aspiration of owning a house is stupid if he makes 1500 euros a month"
"I think he needs a long term goal"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I hope the guy sorts his depression and takes some of the advice in here to heart.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

"I was wrong, I'm mediocre right now and that's on me, I'm going to man up and become responsible for my lack of skills and my limiting beliefs and do what I can from now to live an extraordinary life."
If he does, I will personally do a video call with him to help identify his first three steps.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016

We've all had to cross this mental barrier at some point in time.

I remember my first time visiting here and really feeling the disconnect from the status quo.

People kept raving on about providing value and changing your mindset and I just didn't want to hear any of it. All I wanted was to make a lot of money and give everyone the middle finger. I had zero patience for what I, at the time, perceived to be mindless philosophical ramblings regarding simple concepts.

To quote Alex Delarge from A Clockwork Orange: "I viddied that thinking is for the gloopy ones and that the oomny ones use like, inspiration and what Bog sends."

I'm truly happy I stuck around and that nobody pitied me for my own tragedies. After all, this isn't a support group where we hug each other and commiserate as a way to cope with - or enable - our mediocrity, but a place of knowledge and empowerment that, if you are to stick around long enough, has a gargantuan impact on your very existence.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If he does, I will personally do a video call with him to help identify his first three steps.

Too late, he’s gone -- but I appreciate your willingness and kindheartedness. You're much more tolerant than I in dealing with these types of "lost causes"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
I read the op post and felt the urge to respond, but I didn’t. Next thing I know was that the account was deleted. I felt sad for him to missing out on tremendous helps offering form the most famous & successful people here.

Like @ZCP said, this post will benefit the “others” who read it! That including me! And so, thanks heaps everyone!!!!!

I don’t have much to offer, but these two quotes jumped out of my journal this morning:
“The sense of Must or Obligations, the unending stretch of things ahead, that simply have to be done”
“Men do not die from overwork. They die from dissipation and worry”

whitworldwide

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 6, 2015
I read the op post and felt the urge to respond, but I didn’t. Next thing I know was that the account was deleted. I felt sad for him to missing out on tremendous helps offering form the most famous & successful people here.

You never know, he might come back again after licking his wounds, and create another account.

The fact that he discovered this forum (and maybe read one of the books?) and asking questions means there is a thread of hope he'll pull through and turn his life around.

maplexxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 10, 2021
Change your language.

Remove "I can't" from your vocabulary.

Instead of saying, "I can't," start saying, "How can I?"

Your subconscious will start working on the problem and start finding solutions.

If your self-identity is "I'm helpless and everything I want is impossible to get," then yeah - that's going to be demoralizing. Of course that's going to affect your mental health.

This forum is about finding better solutions than working a slowlane or sidewalk job. In a slowlane job, of COURSE you're going to be limited.

How can you increase your income? Be creative.

How can you reduce your expenses? Be creative.

You can do more than you think you can.
Good point!

maplexxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 10, 2021
“I can’t make any money
“I just want a bunny and a yard”
“I am depressed”

If I was in a room that was the temperature of your iq plus your testosterone levels, I would be slightly warm. Lmao

In the spirit of being helpful you should go get your blood work done, and then change probably about 500 other things about your life since your attitude is very very messed up.
Man, maybe you are very successful, but I think you are too mean this time.

maplexxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 10, 2021
He's too mean everyone. His points are valid. You will require some level of dealing with this type of information to be in business.
Ok, I think I reply to him too fast, but after I read all the posts, I think I learn something.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.