The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

the DO thread.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
For some reason I like to work when everyone else is out partying and I like to have my fun when everyone else is at work.

awesome quote. speed+++

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Oh New Years resolutions, i do not have those. I have year round resolutions to be better than i was last month!

2010 Was such and incredible year for me, my main goal is to try to top it in 2011. Which since i set the bar very high, is going to be quite the challenge.

I completed 2 of 3 major goals i had for 2010 on top of getting married, living my life and running some successful business. For the new year I have been working on selling off almost everything web wise, including the 2nd business i have built. (2 built and sold business' by 25, pretty good) That one is in process, This year I will be starting a new company, the "big" one. Thanks to constant help from a few fellow fastlaners keeping my head on track over the past month and resetting my way of thinking.

As far as what i did today, well I woke up.... that was a good start!

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Well, I got an unexpected resolution this morning I that I've taken action on. Was helping my mom set up the Wii Balance board, thing and during that it happened to weigh me. Happened to find out I gained 25 unwanted pounds. :S

Seriously in less than 3 minutes after finding that out, I was out the door, and went for a 6 mile run. Followed by 30 minutes of soccer skill training, and 15 minute stretching session. More to come tonight, but this is about what we have done, not what we will do, right? ;)

Maybe it's denial, but I really don't look like I gained that (even asked a few others..), but the scale doesn't lie, eh?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm with you man. 15 unwanted pounds. Seems like I put it on overnight and it will take a few months to get off and stay off.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For some reason I like to work when everyone else is out partying and I like to have my fun when everyone else is at work.

I find this is true for me too ... I have maximum efficiency on the weekends when technically everyone "checks out" -- for me, Monday thru Friday seems like the weekend when I know everyone is at work or fully engaged in the rat race.

I'm with you man. 15 unwanted pounds. Seems like I put it on overnight and it will take a few months to get off and stay off.

Fastlane success has side effects -- frequent dining, binge "happiness" eating, high cholesterol -- as I say, the road of good living runs parallel to cliff of gluttony.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
As a guy who once had a scruffy beard and hair down my back, you will be *shocked* at how differently people see you.

I probably was, the first time changes caused people to see me different :p But yeah, people project expectations on you based on how you look, and so far it seems like more people expect greater things of shorter, or more styled hair.

But anyway... Yesterday I sat down to do work, and was having trouble getting started. So I decided to try a mindmap... Which turned out to be a tangent and a half. I made a document that elaborates on each section, for some things offering actions, for others indicating where I need to find what actions to take. It turned out to be more focused on how I can become a better worker, to achieve the overall goal, than what I need to do on the project (which is what I intended to focus on when I began.) Must be all that new years resolution hype.

Directly related to the project: I practiced my friendly smile. It kind of creeps me out... As a normally stoic introvert, probably the only time I naturally smile is while laughing. I can't even tell if it's truly creepy, or if it's just creepy to see myself smiling, to be honest.

Oh. And I did some common, mundane, run of the mill chores. Fear my productivity.

Anyway, that's what I did new years day. Today I did a lot of reading, made some notes on things I may like to improve, read something about how being 'credible' is a powerful way to persuade people, thought & wrote down "I love how we respect the credible, yet what impresses us most is the incredible." and jotted down new ideas to look into.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
I am so excited about the potential for 2011!! :)

So far I have.....

1. Scheduled a meeting with my husband for later today to define our goals for 2011 (we do this on a large white board in our office)
  2. Contacted a girlfriend, with whom I often run, and set a running schedule for 2011 (Mondays and Wednesday @ 6pm)
  3. Purchased 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' on my Ipad
  4. Started reaching out to other 'Women in Real Estate' about networking/synergy ideas

May 2011 be the greatest year yet!!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Purchased 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' on my Ipad

Thank you, I appreciate your support -- can you tell me if there are any issues reading/viewing it on your iPad? The conversion for iBooks/iPad was a holy-terror to do!! Sorry for the thread hijack Russ!

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
can you tell me if there are any issues reading/viewing it on your iPad? The conversion for iBooks/iPad was a holy-terror to do!!

Hey MJ - Happy New Year!

I made it through the first 30-40 pages before my battery died and forced me to go to sleep. It looked fine to me. I may have seen one typo and it was very minor. I will let you know if I see anything as I progress.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I am working on compiling tax stuff for the year.

I also realized the need to re-organize the office space so I am on my way out to the store to buy a wireless VGA adapter and a new monitor for the desktop PC. This after we donated the old desk just before the end of 2010.

I will talk about more stuff as soon as I am done with it.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Let's see, the last few days were pretty slow, but so far today:

-first workout of the new year- 16mi bike ride
-finalized logo for Jefferson Franklin Tax Services
-added logo to all Social Media pages as well as website favicon and header
-put up and promoted first blog post on JFTS.com

Adi did the following:
-came up with short, effective catch-phrase for site and all promo materials
-designed and ordered business cards
-designed company letterhead
-shipped out Bon Jovi calendars that we sold on eBay

And it's only 1pm, but for the rest of the day, the plan is:

-LUNCH
-Consultation with Global Wealth :)
-Research and decide whether to buy "Right Signature" forms package OR Gravity Forms for site
-Research and decide whether to buy BackupBuddy for site

Time Permitting:
-Script intro video for site
-Create directory listings for biz
-Setup merchant account for biz
-Setup Paypal account for biz?

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
I'm cheating a little because this is Day 3 of 2011, but here's what I've done so far.

1) had brunch w/my biz partner to review our plan and prepare for broker & financier meetings
2) met #1 broker in our city to discuss finding apartment deals
3) met with financier to discuss acquisition criteria & investment criteria
4) met with my mentor to discuss his ideas for a kitchen rehab I'm doing
5) exchanged emails w/personal mortgage broker regarding a home I'm trying to buy
6) phone call w/the broker who holds my license regarding a deal he wanted me to look at with him
7) spent 1 hour refining my 2011 goals
8) spent 30 minutes reviewing personal finances/budget
9) watched a movie with my wife
10) got my hair cut

**But I'm not really cheating as I've had bronchitis for the past week and I actually did all of the above today.**

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Sid23 said:
I'm cheating a little because this is Day 3 of 2011, but here's what I've done so far.

1) had brunch w/my biz partner to review our plan and prepare for broker & financier meetings
2) met #1 broker in our city to discuss finding apartment deals
3) met with financier to discuss acquisition criteria & investment criteria
4) met with my mentor to discuss his ideas for a kitchen rehab I'm doing
5) exchanged emails w/personal mortgage broker regarding a home I'm trying to buy
6) phone call w/the broker who holds my license regarding a deal he wanted me to look at with him
7) spent 1 hour refining my 2011 goals
8) spent 30 minutes reviewing personal finances/budget
9) watched a movie with my wife
10) got my hair cut

**But I'm not really cheating as I've had bronchitis for the past week and I actually did all of the above today.**

Great to see you on the boards, Sid!

And no, it's not too late. This is going to transmogrify into the "DO" thread for 2011.

It will be around all year (hopefully).
So daily or weekly updates on what you DID, are welcome! :banana:

-Russ H.

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
One of my plans is to get back on the Fastlane forum more often! I've been pretty absent since receiving a promotion at the JOB several months ago. Am still investing in real estate, doing a bit of internet marketing, and studying the heck out of technical stock analysis...and I think I'm on to a few things. Hopefully there is still room at B&P (will check that thread next) so I can come and present my findings!!

Best of luck in 2011, let's get $$$$.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Did my first of many runs for 2011 today.

Put up my first Facebook Demographic Ad. EDIT- Just took a quick look and it turns out I used up ALL of the $50 budget for the day- 59 clicks at 0.85 CPC and not one call, email or Skype request... very unsettling since the ad directs straight to our CONTACT page, thus I scaled it back to $20/day for now.

Ordered Business Cards and Created Custom Forms on our company letterhead.

Did a practice 2010 tax return for myself and my wife(still waiting on our W2s to come to do it for real).

Drafted a blog post for JFTS.com that I will post 1st thing in the morning.

Other than that, feels like a lot of wasted time :p

Aside from scoring my first 100% on Medium for "Beat It" on Guitar Hero World Tour for Wii ;)(On that note, I bought a spare guitar for a prototype of a custom guitar I want to invent and patent)

skyhigh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 28, 2009
1-Bought a Macbook Pro to study objective-c for building iPhone Apps
2-Create a daily plan for exercise, brain storm, etc.
3-Bought two domain names to test out my ideas
4-Started wake up everyday in the morning or before going to bed saying things that I'm grateful for
5-Writing down my goals everyday
6-building my current blog

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
1-Bought a Macbook Pro to study objective-c for building iPhone Apps
2-Create a daily plan for exercise, brain storm, etc.
3-Bought two domain names to test out my ideas
4-Started wake up everyday in the morning or before going to bed saying things that I'm grateful for
5-Writing down my goals everyday
6-building my current blog

#4 is huge. Such a simple thing, such a dramatic difference in overall outlook.

Those who do it every day (myself included) can see a dramatic difference in their lives.

-Russ H.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
-Ran 5K today
-Bought 4 comfy office chairs from Craigslist AND got a tax client out of the deal ;)
-Posted ads and "clipped" competitors ads/websites(including DK's sites thanks to mtnman) for research/design purposes

Much more to do, but that's all for now.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Russ asked if I'd post this here...

"Matt Justice built 36 aff sites in the last 48 hours... what's up now bank account!"

Not really a news years thing, I just finally made it a priority to work on my affiliate sites.

Hmm, not much to tell really, trying to think of some extracts that are actually useful for somebody...
  • whatever eandeavor you're embarking on, find a tiny bit of success and work it to death
  • refinements will come if you continue the process...doesn't happen overnight
  • hard work feels good -- when it's done

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
MtnMan-

The threat title will change shortly, and this will become the "DO" thread for 2011.

Building 36 AFF sites in 48 hours?

Holy crap, that is DOING, mon! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Wow, way to steal my thunder :p

Guess I need to get 36 new tax clients in the next 48 hrs, I'm definitely trying ;)

Hey, we each do our own.

Just 'cause Matt's a wordpress jedi doesn't mean you have to measure up to him.

You've got a LOT on your plate, Clint-- and you're DOING.

Stick w/that. It will keep your head in a better place. :)

-Russ H.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
That groupon ad, for 'all you can eat in Montreal $7' makes me wonder if they targeted the word 'plate'...

Well, I suggested on the old time thread to track what you're doing hour by hour so you can remain both aware of how you're spending your time, and easily pick out the most painless ways to optimize it. I got my computer to remind me every hour to do just that.

The "Are you proud of yourself?" paper taped to my closet has inspired me to make daily lists of what I'm proud of, neutral about, and anti-proud of.

I've been doing some fast, but very short exercise these last days... I have no weight to lose, and no desire to gain. It's just to stave off that feeling of weak muscles (not to be confused with being weak.) and lethargy.

Today I've been mixing action with productive procrastination... With more emphasis towards the latter. I started reading "The art of public speaking", as well as practicing against some follies I've already identified.

True, but wordpress ninja or not, I couldn't even pick out 36 programs in 48 hours!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ

Yea it's why I have a love-hate relationship when it comes to talking web design with Matt, Chris(lighthouse) or Kerry(WildAmbitions) b/c I want to be at their level, but realize that taxes are my thing and web design is just a small part of my business, while it IS their business ;)

Either way, our goal is 5 new clients/day starting 1/15 and we've only gotten 1 since Jan 1st. However, the IRS is delaying the filing season for anyone who is filing a Schedule A(Itemized Deductions) until atleast mid Feb as well as several other credits including a few common Education Credits. Thus, the only filers now are your simple W2 employees, using a standard deduction. Most of these "early season filers" depend on RAC/RAL bank product loans to get their refund ASAP. This is something we don't yet offer(we're in the process of getting approved), but the IRS is trying to do away with anyways due to the high level of fraud.

John Rogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 29, 2010
Washington State, USA
I have 40% of the grunt work done that I set out to accomplish by the end of this month. If I'm able to maintain the pace, which I believe I will, it looks like I might actually complete the technical stuff I scheduled for the first half of next month before the end of this month as well. My fastlane project is progressing well.

alainn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Sep 6, 2010
Russ, great thread!

I read this whole thread and reread the guidelines set out by Russ. I paid special attention to the suggestion to create your fastlane PLAN. I opened the thread on how to develop your PLAN.

This is what I did just now... next I will...(not telling until I do it haha)

I'll be back.

I think we should all make our fastlane plans!

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Met with one investor yesterday who also builds custom software. He committed another relatively large investment and we discussed another business venture.

Also received 2 commitments from European investors yesterday. They are wiring money and emailing contacts over this weekend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.