The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Anatomy of a Fastlane Startup...Watch, Real Time

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Do it! :p What if you were to mentor someone with the process? You've already became successful so people think you know the ropes. Showing the process works with everyone might be great.

-I volunteer :p

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Ok, i thought the idea was to show the process.... i figured most likely it wouldn't succeed because the point is not to work 60+ hours a week, its just to see the strategy. I was thinking pick something you wanted nothing to do with, show how you would research the market, where you would get traffic or customers from, where you would get the product or service from... then start pushing it slightly. I guess either way your putting in the work so you might as well go all out. Again, i would still see tremendous value in the STEPS not the Success. At some point if we see any traction at all i think we would get it but you would be revealing your overall business tactics.

Just as a side not: Time lines would be great, once you hear someone did something in 5 days that takes you 30 it really makes you feel stupid, and rightfully so.... so that is a great lesson as well. Again with the JackEdwards thread i think most people are realizing you need to move faster and money isnt necessarily needed to do so just action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thomashoi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Great, I will be watching from the inside.

Perhaps, you may want to show us how you determine market need and angle of attack.

In the internet marketing world, it's always about choosing keywords with low competition and reasonable search volume,
but very few talk about angle of attack. For example, the weight loss industry is huge but if you focus on a
group of "hungry crowd", let's says girls who got 6 months left to put on their wedding dress, they will be
very motivated to buy a product that helps them to get the result.....

I think most of us have problems in the market research phase, once this is cleared, we have
much better chances of succeeding.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I am all for it, but I'd like you to go "all in Chuma style" as you put it.

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
"all in Chuma style"

As a side note - I've been meaning to ask, because I've seen MJ use this word a few times as well - whats the origin of "Chuma"? I can gather the meaning/intent of the phrase, but just curious where it came from. I searched online and didn't find any explanation....

vladsoriano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 5, 2012
London, UK
MJ the idea is rock solid and something I would pay for as well.

In addition, since it would be a process... I would be willing to pay a license fee to you as way for me to use your "process" and terminology in my own products/services... whilst legitimately calling it a "Fastlane" product.

For example, if I come up with a "fastlane" solution and I was interested in creating an educational product, eg. website with offline course materials... I would LLLOOVVE to label it as being "inspired by TMF " or based on the TMF .... I would love it even more if I was to state quite categorically that it was a Fastlane licenses process. Much the same way as Internet Marketers produce private label rights... etc.

I have a market that would be very interested in "fastlane" based courses, and I'd be more than happy to pay a license to use your:
images, brand, book, video, website etc in my own materials.

Regards

Vlad

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
Thiis should definitely limit the excuse of "I don't know how".

ErrandRunnerUSA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 16, 2012
Los Alamitos
However, my objective is NOT to create another startup as I don't really want to go "all in" Chuma style, so my actual results may be stunted as I don't believe you can create a great company working a few hours a week.

After going through the processes of its creation (if it gets that far) I'd probably sell the property or shut it down if market validation is not there.

What do you think?

I may misunderstand what you have said--fyi. Please correct me if I misinterpreted.

I think this is an awesome idea, but one thing keeps nagging me. Your actual results may be stunted since you don't want to go "all in." To be completely honest, I want to follow a process that is all in. I don't want to pay money for a half-*ss process. I apologize for sounding harsh, but this is my true feeling.

However, 1%'s idea intrigued me. I would pay money to watch you mentor another person, or even be an investor.

Sorry for sounding harsh MJ!

I really do think this is a good idea.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So MJ, are you going to do it?

I'm exploring it now ... and documenting everything.

I want to follow a process that is all in.

I understand your concern, however, when I said all in, I mean 18 hour days. I know what kind of commitment is required to build something out of nothing and while it might be possible to do something with lesser hours, I'm not sure. The process is a significant lifestyle change and frankly I'm not sure I want to endure that again, and put some of my relationships in jeopardy. When I start something, I'm usually consumed by it, 24/7! I'm exploring options now to determine if there is some type of middle ground, while the most important item being, value provided by the experience. I also own a publishing company and my book is still selling at a pace which hasn't slowed since release so that will always have a priority preference.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Brilliant. I would look forward to installments of this more so than any TV show I have ever watched compulsively. Taking this into a real world application would be compelling, and great material for the sequel to TMF . Killing multiple birds with one huge (increasing value to INSIDERS Forum, generating content for the next book, and hopefully generating a winning business along the way.) The commitment of this would be Herculean, and if you decide to do it I think it would be epic.

If there is anything that I can do to assist you (and in doing so get a footnote in what I think might be a historic event) let me know. I will lend any value that I can to the success of your idea.

If I thought you would even entertain it, I would try and get an option for resale rights for the podcast.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
If you personally do not want to go through the process but know it, what about mentoring someone on here that would seem capable of handing it? I am not personally speaking about myself even though I'd be interested but to go full "Chuma style" is not something you need/should do again.
There is a saying my Abuelita used to always say, "What does it cost?" . The risks of losing valuable relationships/friendships is not worth it anymore for you, right? Find someone that has nothing to lose.

Any thoughts on this?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you personally do not want to go through the process but know it, what about mentoring someone on here that would seem capable of handing it? I am not personally speaking about myself even though I'd be interested but to go full "Chuma style" is not something you need/should do again.
There is a saying my Abuelita used to always say, "What does it cost?" . The risks of losing valuable relationships/friendships is not worth it anymore for you, right? Find someone that has nothing to lose.

Any thoughts on this?

Actually that's a pretty solid idea as an alternative.

D

DeletedUser2

I want to follow a process that is all in.
I understand your concern, however, when I said all in, I mean 18 hour days. I know what kind of commitment is required to build something out of nothing and while it might be possible to do something with lesser hours, I'm not sure. The process is a significant lifestyle change and frankly I'm not sure I want to endure that again, and put some of my relationships in jeopardy. When I start something, I'm usually consumed by it, 24/7! I'm exploring options now to determine if there is some type of middle ground, while the most important item being, value provided by the experience. I also own a publishing company and my book is still selling at a pace which hasn't slowed since release so that will always have a priority preference.

you could enlist a couple other people in it. and spread the work a bit.
that may or may not work for you, but the right people might make it a less of a relationship destroyer.

Z

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Well if you decide to spread the work or need some help... Pick me, pick me!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just to update...

I'm still really interested in doing this but after my surgery I kinda checked out on life.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Just to update...

I'm still really interested in doing this but after my surgery I kinda checked out on life.

Get well soon and get back to rocking in business :)

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
I don't believe you can create a great company working a few hours a week.

Why I've been drawn to this forum is that you avoid the "4 hour mantra" that has swept the entrepreneurial space. Building something to scale takes an incredible investment of time and often money.

I think the concept of what you're doing is similar to Pat Flynn's niche site duel and if done correctly could generate a ton of attention to the Fast Lane brand for a long time. That said, I believe that your goal is to provide value to the members here and not really advertise or promote what's existing.

I'm close to launching my SaaS app with the MVP... design and legal all done for under 2k. Would love to be a case study in two or three months :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.