The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 75 Hard Challenge + Live Hard by Andy Frisella (2020 version)

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I failed at day #10 yesterday. I had about 0.7 liter of water to drink to hit a gallon and fell asleep.

Day #1 today. My feet almost fully healed up, I began running more and more every morning. Slowly making progress and going further.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
@Fox or anyone else, any thoughts on workouts with no equipment? Not sure if anyone found a program that fits with this.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox or anyone else, any thoughts on workouts with no equipment? Not sure if anyone found a program that fits with this.

I tried my best but nothing really matches the gym.

What my a decent option was the "thenx" bodyweight workout app.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Well I failed spectacularly second time around because I didn't even make day 1! Starting again (100%) tomorrow...!

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Where did you mess up?

I basically didn't even attempt the first exercise. It was a dismal attempt but keen to fix my mistakes this time around. Day 2 today.

Dogstar

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 10, 2019
Cleveland, OH USA
Well everyone, this is it. Day 75! I can't believe I've reached the end of the challenge; leaner, meaner, and mentally stronger. Victory feels so sweet...

Only- I failed the challenge.

On Day 64, after exhausting myself doing manual labor in the heat all day, I came home, showered, grabbed my book and laid down (big mistake). I crashed out before reading my 10 pages.

I woke up the next morning, and saw the book laying on the bed next to me. My heart sunk.

After wallowing for a moment, I got up, weighed myself, took my selfie, and went out for a run. I decided I would continue to see the challenge through to the finish, even though I had disqualified myself from finishing successfully. I failed, but sure as hell wasn't gonna quit.

75 Hard is a no-bullshit type of deal. I could have swept my one F*ck-up under the rug and proceeded like it never happened. No one else would have ever known. But I knew. I had failed.

Of all of the facets of the challenge, the 10-pages-a day-requirement was the one I was least worried about coming in to this thing. I already had a daily reading habit pretty well established. And yet, that was the one that sunk me. I got a little too cocky, I guess.

Yep. I failed 75 Hard. I'm gonna slam a few beers this weekend. Maybe I'll do the challenge again sometime soon. To all of you in this fight, stay strong, stay alert. Much love.

Attachments

• 490869F5-2F4B-4DBE-B31F-E82A48486588_1_201_a.jpeg
    490869F5-2F4B-4DBE-B31F-E82A48486588_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Day 24/75

Today I will quit the challenge. I feel like it's too much of a distraction. I was already eating a pretty healthy diet, exercising often, reading regularly and stopped drinking as my NYR. But this challenge just made it more complex and less enjoyable. On some days it took the focus from more important things. If I had a busy afternoon or evening with friends and family, I couldn't work on the business in the morning. I was cramming in all my 75 hard items. Doing the reading, working out twice and chugging water.

This challenge did help me to keep a steady morning routine (waking up early to do cardio each morning) and to stick to my daily yoga sessions. But overall, it was not worth it. I will continue with some of the habits I aquired, but without the challenge.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Day 24/75

Today I will quit the challenge. I feel like it's too much of a distraction. I was already eating a pretty healthy diet, exercising often, reading regularly and stopped drinking as my NYR. But this challenge just made it more complex and less enjoyable. On some days it took the focus from more important things. If I had a busy afternoon or evening with friends and family, I couldn't work on the business in the morning. I was cramming in all my 75 hard items. Doing the reading, working out twice and chugging water.

This challenge did help me to keep a steady morning routine (waking up early to do cardio each morning) and to stick to my daily yoga sessions. But overall, it was not worth it. I will continue with some of the habits I aquired, but without the challenge.

It can definitely interfere with other things. In the first 75 Hard podcast Andy says he is flying his Dad out for a vacation but Andy wasn’t going because he made a commitment to himself.

I’m probably extreme but I now wake up 0330 every day, take a picture, walk the dog for 45 minutes, meditate, eat my breakfast, read 10 pages, do a second workout and drink 90 ounces of water by 0715. Then all I have to do for the rest of the day stick with the diet, drink a little more water, and avoid alcohol to meet the requirements.

I agree that I could be accomplishing more if I wasn’t spending so much time and energy on the challenge, but for now my primary focus is on my health so I am okay with that. This plan has been working great for me, especially with the physical results.

My biggest downside has been how many times I get up to pee at night. Even if I finish all the water in the afternoon I still get up probably 3-4 times a night when before it was usually 0 or maybe 1

I am on day 109 now. I will continue until I go on a train trip for vacation in July. As soon as I get back home I will start over with the habits until I hit my goal weight. After that I will make a few changes that are more sustainable. I’ll ease up on the dietary restrictions, drink alcohol socially, only drink 90 ounces of water in the morning and then only drink when thirsty, shorten the workouts, and allow rest days.

It sounds like you were in better physical shape than I was at the start. Andy emphasizes that this is not a physical challenge but a mental toughness program. It’s not supposed to be enjoyable. It’s about proving to yourself that you can commit to something you don’t want to do and you have the mental fortitude to see it through.

Player

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 14, 2017
Gold Coast
Finished the 75 days yesterday. Biggest challenge was the amount of water. I wasn't counting black coffee or tea in the mix. Biggest awareness was that sugar is in so many things......even savoury items where it has no place except to addict us. I will continue abstaining from alcohol for another month. Looking forward to some ice cream tonight. :smile2:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
PHASE ONE

It was a hell of a grind. Failed on Day 15 and made it through the 30 days on my second go. Felt so damn good to cross off that last day and go to sleep victorious.

I feel like I learned a lot more about myself during Phase One than I did through 75 Hard.

I've been able to push myself pretty far in the past, but usually had at least a few days off. Getting all of those tasks done AND working was difficult. Looking at the time and realizing I was about to get 2 hours of sleep before getting up to do it all again, but I refused to give up and got that damn list ticked off before I passed out.

There's no one looking over your shoulder making sure that you're following up with this.

It's just you. Full self accountability.

Discipline is a massive part of this journey we are all on here. I knew back in January that I had a lot of work to do in that regard, and I feel like I've come a lightyears since then.

If you've been following this thread and maybe have failed 75 Hard, I urge you to pick it back up and run with it.

If you've finished 75 Hard and haven't moved onto Phase One, you should go for it. To be honest, the thought of the cold showers at first made me not want to do it, but eventually I started to look forward to them. David Goggins likes to say that you've gotta do one thing a day that sucks. That's how you callous your mind.

I'm going to keep most of these habits going (don't see much point in taking a picture of myself everyday) and go ahead with Phase 2 once Andy announces what it's all about.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
go ahead with Phase 2 once Andy announces what it's all about.
All phases have been defined. Phase 2 is a duplicate of 75 hard but only 30 days and you must wait 30 days after Phase 1 to start. Phase 3 must be completed in the last 30 days of your Live Hard year ending on the day before you started 75 hard the previous year.Screenshot_20200617-092229_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20200617-092651_Instagram.jpg

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
I feel like I learned a lot more about myself during Phase One than I did through 75 Hard.
Congrats on finishing both 75 Hard and Phase 1, respect! Why do you feel you learned more from Phase 1 than 75 Hard?

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
All phases have been defined. Phase 2 is a duplicate of 75 hard but only 30 days and you must wait 30 days after Phase 1 to start. Phase 3 must be completed in the last 30 days of your Live Hard year ending on the day before you started 75 hard the previous year.View attachment 33557View attachment 33558
Thanks for posting that! Somehow I missed it.

Congrats on finishing both 75 Hard and Phase 1, respect! Why do you feel you learned more from Phase 1 than 75 Hard?
Thanks, it was definitely worth the struggle.

I guess because I made it through 75 Hard without failing. I just had to stretch myself to my limits during Phase 1 and it's left me wondering how much further can I push myself.

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Today im starting the 75 challenge, im doing this because my discipline has gone completely down the drain with the lock down.

- So yesterday i got a swimmingpool membership for my morning workouts
- running/bootcamp/stairs for my everning workouts
- reading 12 rules of life for my non fiction (yesterday i read fiction instead of non-fiction oeps)
- 4L of water ( i allready drink tons of water yesterday i drunk 4 L without even trying, but to keep track ill use my 2l bottle)
- for my diet im doing the Ketogenic diet.:devil:

Day 1...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
if you are reading through this and can't 'just get F*cking started' .... hit up @Sheens for the '28 Easy' that she started with a few of the girls........ build a success. end goal is a completed 75 hard! .... build that mental strength muscle!!

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
The Body Weight Fitness Recommended Routine on reddit is pretty solid. You have body weight exercises where you can have evolutions for each exercise. Does require some equipment though. Pullup bar and maybe some bands

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
if you are reading through this and can't 'just get F*cking started' .... hit up @Sheens for the '28 Easy' that she started with a few of the girls........ build a success. end goal is a completed 75 hard! .... build that mental strength muscle!!
I have started 75 hard but still want to know what is this 28 Easy thing is. Is it only for women?

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
On day 27/75 (2d time around).

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
Day 9/75.
Probably the hardest two days so far, I'm not used to so much activity and I've been feeling very tired.
It's usually okay at the moment I'm at the gym or taking a walk, but I might not be eating enough.
The daily 2 workouts have been to hardest for me,
water is pretty easy, even if it's more than I'm used to, and reading I've been doing anyways (but I did have some days of reading those pages right before sleep).

Printing the checklist someone here made (maybe on the 2019 thread) really helped, I think physically ticking something stuck up in my room is the easiest way to not forget anything.
I hope that in a week or two my body gets used to this because I'm really tired.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
I hope that in a week or two my body gets used to this because I'm really tired.

You're past the first week and your mind and body will be changing weekly as you go. Way to go @Jonathan Hart!

There are many reasons that you may be feeling more tired than usual.

The change from not being that active to two 45 minute separate workouts.

Do you track your food, macros, calories, anything of that sort?

Being short on vitamins, minerals, and having your body adjusting to eating differently (likely a lot less sugar) can also play a part.

How has your sleeping been?

Any underlying or unknown medical conditions could play a role and you'd definitely want to check in with your healthcare provider.

Mental exhaustion from taking on a new challenge.

I'll stop listing them out as just want you to know that sometimes it is completely normal and sometimes you need to err on the side of caution of diving deeper into why it is. (this isn't medical advice and not to diagnose or treat)

hit up @Sheens for the '28 Easy' that she started with a few of the girls........ build a success. end goal is a completed 75 hard! .... build that mental strength muscle!!

Yes! Just get started!!! : )

This 28 day challenge came up spontaneously! (And no, not just for ladies and not connected with the original 75Hard) Friends have reached out as they know I've already completed 75hard and are not ready to commit to that program for themselves. Feel free to message me for more info as not going to hijack this thread or step on toes of 75H as it's seriously one of the best things I've ever had the chance to be a part of and completely love the challenge!!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Finishing day 14 today.

It has been tough hitting the gym and seeing such a massive drop off from my previous progress. Weight is still down quite a lot also. But on the flip side I have already made a lot of progress since I restarted so it is heading in the right direction.

Really want to finish out the year back around the 77kg mark (73/74 right now).

George Costanza

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 18, 2019
Israel
You're past the first week and your mind and body will be changing weekly as you go. Way to go @Jonathan Hart!

There are many reasons that you may be feeling more tired than usual.

The change from not being that active to two 45 minute separate workouts.

Do you track your food, macros, calories, anything of that sort?

Being short on vitamins, minerals, and having your body adjusting to eating differently (likely a lot less sugar) can also play a part.

How has your sleeping been?

Any underlying or unknown medical conditions could play a role and you'd definitely want to check in with your healthcare provider.

Mental exhaustion from taking on a new challenge.

I'll stop listing them out as just want you to know that sometimes it is completely normal and sometimes you need to err on the side of caution of diving deeper into why it is. (this isn't medical advice and not to diagnose or treat)

I only track protein really, but I've been on a specific diet in the past which I pretty much remember by heart, so my macros should be okay.
I did kind of ignore the 200-300 calories from the 45 minute walk.

Sleep has been way better since starting the challenge, I can actually fall fairly early and feel tired enough to sleep.
I'm also not used to doing a 6 day PPL lifting program.

Anyways those are probably the reasons but I wondered if anyone had something similar on early days

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Been considering this for a couple months and finally last week decided I would do it.
I started 75 Hard this monday so I am on Day 3 right now. I haven't consistently worked out in quite a few months so the 2 workouts a day will be tough. I am doing the Keto diet and love sweet tea so that's going to be tough as well.
I had a headache pretty much all of yesterday, going to add some himalayan salt to my water hopefully that fixes that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.