The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit - Official Event Thread!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
You know, honestly, my dream is first class.
I fly first or business class for three reasons. First, I'm more likely to meet potential business partners/opportunities in first class than coach. Second, just like cleaning our offices - we are what we do. Every time I do this, I am reinforcing that I am successful and have the potential to be even more successful. Finally, my fat arse just doesn't seem to fit in those coach seats anymore ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
So @NateKruse what action are you taking on what we discussed Sat evening? Happy to assist, encourage and help with accountability if desired.
@Ernman It was awesome to meet you. It was a perfect example of networking in action. @leop sent me a picture of your Summit name tag and said I needed to talk to you but didn't know where to find you. I showed @Rabby your name and he immediately found you and made an introduction.

Stand by for new INSIDERS's progress thread.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I didn't even get offered a snack this time, but at least I paid for extra leg room for the return trip. Whew!
You know, honestly, my dream is first class. I don't even need or want my own plane.
If you don’t travel a lot you can always charter.

First class is maybe 10 percent better. I used to fly it about 70 percent of the time. Today? I am not airline loyal anymore and just pick the one that works best time wise. I have no benefits. I am always the last group to board. I honestly don’t miss it. I hate commercial flying any way I slice it.

Why are you talking yourself out of it?

Last edited:

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
@Ernman It was awesome to meet you. It was a perfect example of networking in action. @leop sent me a picture of your Summit name tag and said I needed to talk to you but didn't know where to find you. I showed @Rabby your name and he immediately found you and made an introduction.

Stand by for new INSIDERS's progress thread.
awesome

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hey all - I really enjoyed speaking this weekend. Definitely out of my comfort zone (in case you couldn't tell from the shaky start ;))

Remember that this weekend is pointless if you don't implement the things you learned. If you go back and fall into the same routines, you may have well just stayed home for the weekend.

Don't be afraid to tag me in a thread if you want my eyes on something. If it's sensitive, PM me, but the more we can do out in the open to help everyone, the better.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
What a whirlwind of an event guys. So so much stimulus over these past few days.

In the meantime while mentally processing everything this past weekend, let me just say...

I am so. impressed. with. everyone.

People from all walks of life coming together under the single business philosophy of Fastlane Entrepreneurship is an incredible thing to witness, folks. This place is special, and so are the events. Take good care of it. It's taken good care of you.

Speaking was an incredible honor, and making the countless connections with everyone is something that not many people can manage to shake off and forget.

That's all I can manage to say at the moment. Will compile my thoughts and return.

In summary, incredible event.

EDIT: If we talked, PLEASE feel free to send me a DM with your contact info. There were just too many conversations to keep track of. Yes, I want to know how you're doing and would love to visit everyone once in a while.
You were an inspiration to a lot of people in the room.
Respect.
It will be fun to see what you do next.

Plonka

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,000%
Feb 8, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi all,
It was fantastic to meet so many great people during the summit.
In case anyone is wondering who I am well I’m that good looking bald headed guy from Australia :)
My main take away from the summit was:
•Stop making excuses
•Stop time wasting
•Stop living in the past
•Start executing

Cheers

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

A lot of people were curious about the tax incentives available in Puerto Rico.

The primary ones are...
-Act 20 (Low corporate tax for exporting services)
-Act 22 (ZERO capital gains tax)

This was a pretty good summary of what's available. See if it applies to you:

There's also some more exotic tax incentives that only exist for limited cases.

My knowledge of the incentives are limited as I'm not a decree holder myself, but you can hit up @RayAndré or @Tom.V for more info.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
This weekend was so surreal I can’t believe i just lived it. Having gone through a ruff last year. This event is what i need. It got me going and excited for whats to come. I got so much value and information that its taking me time to process it all. Im already starting to take action on my 1-5-10 plan though.

The best thing of this event was meeting and talking to all this badass people. People i look up too and that are inspiring me to do more. I never realized how many locals were part of the forum. I hope we can all connect and have a master group here in the valley.

And lastly thank you so much MJ for making this thing happen. For helping us and guiding in the right direction. You have seriously changed my life and i will always be grateful!

Ps....I hope the tequila didn’t mess you up.

Attachments

• CB42F755-CBC0-4177-BE03-DEF573096687.jpeg
    CB42F755-CBC0-4177-BE03-DEF573096687.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 76

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A lot of people were curious about the tax incentives available in Puerto Rico.

The primary ones are...
-Act 20 (Low corporate tax for exporting services)
-Act 22 (ZERO capital gains tax)

This was a pretty good summary of what's available. See if it applies to you:

There's also some more exotic tax incentives that only exist for limited cases.

My knowledge of the incentives are limited as I'm not a decree holder myself, but you can hit up @RayAndré or @Tom.V for more info.

I want to single you guys out! Thank you @UnrealCreative @Tom.V and @RayAndré. I am FASCINATED by the tax laws down there and I am definitely bringing my wife down this summer to vacation and look at some homes.

Thanks for chatting with me about it guys! Super cool what y'all did. Moving for business is a big step!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If you don’t travel a lot you can always charter.

First class is maybe 10 percent better. I used to fly it about 70 percent of the time. Today? I am not airline loyal anymore and just pick the one that works best time wise. I have no benefits. I am always the last group to board. I honestly don’t miss it. I hate commercial flying any way I slice it.

I would have to be able to compare since I haven't been able to afford my first biz class flight yet, but I'm sure I would appreciate the extra reclining on my 8-9 hr overnight flight when I head to Buenos Aires to sleep better on my way there. For a shorter trip some extra leg room like the emergency exit row it's already enough of an upgrade, even in normal economy I get to stretch, I'm smallish enough. My Amex pays for my in flight wi-fi and snacks if I want them.

Last edited:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm setting up a monthly meetup for all the locals here in Arizona, and I met a few new faces over the weekend that I didn't even know lived here!

If you're local to the Phoenix / valley metro area and interested in getting together - please send me a pm.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Everyone get pissed off on your plane rides home by the way.

Cherish that half a can of soda! :rofl:

Damn I feel like a peasant sitting here, despite the WiFi.

They make these for a reason. Because people buy them.
I don't have a desire to buy something like that. My plan is to have a team that designs, manufactures, and sells eco-friendly aircraft.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@MJ DeMarco Thank you for creating this incredible community of people and for putting together the summit, it was an amazing and invaluable experience.

It was great to meet so many of you! Everyone is so friendly and awesome, it's unlike any other group of people I've ever encountered.

@Hyrum @Kak @Greg R @Rabby @GuitarManDan @PapaGang @inputchip @BizyDad I'm grateful to have been able to connect with each of you and look forward to what comes next! Sorry to those I forgot the usernames of, I will be more vigilant next year! :innocent: :halo:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@Eskil Great advice! Now if only reading my notes didn't take three times as long because of my handwriting :rofl:

I already made changes to my website thanks to @AllenCrawley's amazing tips. I'll be implementing more throughout the week.

It was cool to meet both of you, however brief it was!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
What a great time.

For anyone planning to visit AZ, be wary of the sun. I got a nice tan from 2 lunches outside, and I live in Florida.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Beyond any practical business knowledge acquired (and there was plenty of that), there were a lot of interesting people at the summit. I was lucky enough to chat with people about culture, religion, philosophy, history, psychology, travel, and a slew of other interesting topics. It was a great experience all around.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Amazing weekend. Pictures of our electric bike ride through the back trails of Scottsdale and Tempe. 20200209_102828.jpgIMG-20200209-WA0013.jpgIMG-20200209-WA0012.jpg20200209_115401.jpg20200209_102921.jpgIMG-20200209-WA0007.jpg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I want to single you guys out! Thank you @UnrealCreative @Tom.V and @RayAndré. I am FASCINATED by the tax laws down there and I am definitely bringing my wife down this summer to vacation and look at some homes.

Thanks for chatting with me about it guys! Super cool what y'all did. Moving for business is a big step!

Here's an interesting business model - private jet timeshares:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Can we create something like a close place/may be a google doc with limited access to the attendees only (you are the only one to know the list of attendees), where they can put at least their personal picture with their first name, forum name and areas of involvements/ interests. It was embarrassing not to remember people's names from last time, so that would help as well next year

Please post your pics and names in this thread:

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
@Kak, I am talking myself out of first class because of the ticket price difference - that's why I want to use it as a reward. I quit my job in June so I could become a real estate agent, and I want to focus my money and time on my business ventures (being an agent and developing a business). I was so grateful to be able to attend the conference, and how I got there, as long as I got there, was not important. Your speech really was a great motivator to think bigger, and to have something to look forward to when I get there.

Hey all - I really enjoyed speaking this weekend. Definitely out of my comfort zone (in case you couldn't tell from the shaky start ;))

Remember that this weekend is pointless if you don't implement the things you learned. If you go back and fall into the same routines, you may have well just stayed home for the weekend.

Don't be afraid to tag me in a thread if you want my eyes on something. If it's sensitive, PM me, but the more we can do out in the open to help everyone, the better.
@CareCPA , you still have me thinking about accounting. I don't know how you managed to do that. It is interesting that your sense of humor can transfer over into what I previously considered a dry subject.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
I don't have a desire to buy something like that. My plan is to have a team that designs, manufactures, and sells eco-friendly aircraft.
@NateKruse , if you want to be a seller, you will need buyers. Maybe you can talk @Kak into buying one of your planes, and you can make sure it's stocked with entire cans of soda, just for him. ;)

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
Glad I attended the best one yet! The talks were all worth it.
I'm glad to have talked to all the people I did, if only briefly.

Oh, and I want my summit attendee badge :) lol

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
@Kak I have already shared your “half can of soda” bit. Universal gold I’ll be chewing on for a while. Thanks brother. And to think I owe you a stick even without that. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.