The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit "Social" Thread

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I saw the main summit thread had a lot of hiking/social questions so I figured to start a specific thread.

Myself, @JordanK, @GoodluckChuck and @Creed are all in town for a full week (Creed for more time) starting on the 4th.

If anyone can recommend any good things to see or do please let us know.

@SteveO posted this on the other thread:

Camelback mountain is real close. It is a very intense hike. Incredible views though. It is in the middle of the city.

The superstitions are filled with beauty. Many different trails and hike options. It is about 30-40 minutes away.

There are many other choices. Phoenix mountain preserve, south mountain, and McDowell's are all close by.

I'm happy to go on any of these. There's usually more than one group going out. Thursday would be the best day.

We are definitely in for this if you want to meet up with us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Looking forward to this!

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
I saw the main summit thread had a lot of hiking/social questions so I figured to start a specific thread.

Myself, @JordanK, @GoodluckChuck and @Creed are all in town for a full week (Creed for more time) starting on the 4th.

If anyone can recommend any good things to see or do please let us know.

@SteveO posted this on the other thread:

If you guys will be renting a car I suggest to drive up to Sedona.(1-2hr drive depending of traffic) Theres some off road jeep tours you can do. There’s plenty of mountains to hike. Theres a another town called Prescott that you can go too a lot of outdoor activities. Payson is a good place to hit up. If you want something closer You can hike A mountain in Tempe and then go to the town lake. You can hike camel back mountain as well. For food and dinner options you can go to Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley , downtown PHX and of course Scottsdale. Theres a small suburb called Arcaida thats has alot of good places. And old town Scottsdale is the spot to party. Just depends what your into

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I'll land in San Fransisco on January 31th, will rent a car and will go to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon before the Summit.

Afterwards I drive back to Santa Monica and LA.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I second the suggestion of Camelback Mountain. I went there with a member at a previous summit and it was a fun climb (although, a few questionable parts despite picking the 'safe' way up out of the two).

Great way to get out and do something physical in the sun (which, in February, was unheard of for me, being a Bostonian) before settling into those conference seats.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
What would you guys suggest would be nice for a couple to see that they can fit in and around the conference?

Wouter

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I second the suggestion of Camelback Mountain. I went there with a member at a previous summit and it was a fun climb (although, a few questionable parts despite picking the 'safe' way up out of the two).

Great way to get out and do something physical in the sun (which, in February, was unheard of for me, being a Bostonian) before settling into those conference seats.

How long was the climb? I want to do this but my flight doesn’t get in until 4:30pm on Thursday and sunset is at 6:05pm.

I need to be outside to process stuff.. it might actually be a great use of my time to schedule this Sunday morning.. hm.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

The safe or less intense way up Camelback is not anywhere near as pleasing to the senses.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
How long was the climb? I want to do this but my flight doesn’t get in until 4:30pm on Thursday and sunset is at 6:05pm.

I need to be outside to process stuff.. it might actually be a great use of my time to schedule this Sunday morning.. hm.

I'm sure you could get a group for Sunday morning. It is rugged terrain, you don't want to be there in the dark. I used to live at the base of the mountain. There were rescue helicopters at least twice a week during tourist season.

Last edited:

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
It would be cool to have a WhatsApp or Facebook messenger group for everyone that wants to meet up outside of the main event so it's easy to link up. Any ideas?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I'm sure you could get a group for Sunday morning. It is rugged terrain, you don't want to be there in the dark. I used to live at the base of the mountain. There were rescue helicopters at least twice a week during tourist season.

Thank you, I wasn’t sure how strenuous of a hike it was. Sunday morning sounds like a definite possibility!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Thank you, I wasn’t sure how strenuous of a hike it was. Sunday morning sounds like a definite possibility!
Camelback is by far the most popular hiking spot in the valley. Not the longest, but it is the toughest.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
If you guys will be renting a car I suggest to drive up to Sedona.(1-2hr drive depending of traffic) Theres some off road jeep tours you can do. There’s plenty of mountains to hike. Theres a another town called Prescott that you can go too a lot of outdoor activities. Payson is a good place to hit up. If you want something closer You can hike A mountain in Tempe and then go to the town lake. You can hike camel back mountain as well. For food and dinner options you can go to Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley , downtown PHX and of course Scottsdale. Theres a small suburb called Arcaida thats has alot of good places. And old town Scottsdale is the spot to party. Just depends what your into
Sedona and Prescott are beautiful places. I lived in Prescott for a few years.

They are both in the mountains and can be cold compared to the valley. There will likely be snow in Prescott.

Prescott is about history and bars. Look up "whiskey row" to get a sense of what it is about. One hike that I really enjoy is called cowboy prayer. Beautiful hike with a poem scratched into a rock. It is about a cowboy that is giving up and succumbing to death. Amazing Places: Hike offers Cowboy Prayer, intrigue

The jeep tours or hiking in Sedona are second to none. Very touristy area though.

Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth

I'm in for Sunday. I'll be around Scottsdale Thursday-Sunday. Monday I'll be up at the Grand Canyon

Wouter

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Besides meeting up with some friends, nothing planned so far.
Cool. I fly back to Europe on the 16th from LAX. Will be in Phoenix at least till the 11th and I'm considering going to the LA area for a few days before I fly back

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

@Fox Which day would you plan to do the Camelback Mountain hike? That looks fun. As of right now I'd be interesting in doing this early Sunday morning (leave between 7-8).

And which days will the rest of you be there? I'll be there from Thursday - Sunday, but I was considering rescheduling my flights to stay a little longer depending on what was going on.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@Fox Which day would you plan to do the Camelback Mountain hike? That looks fun. As of right now I'd be interesting in doing this early Sunday morning (leave between 7-8)
Is this timing based on your flight? I would prefer to wait until it is a bit warmer. Don't want to start up the mountain wearing a jacket. 10:00 would be better.

I'm guessing we will have enough people for 2 different groups though.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Downtown Scottsdale is loaded with bars and nightlife. The ONLY reason I would go is to be in on the stories from the animals in the group. I have little interest in the drinking but enjoy watching the antics.

Octane raceway is a blast. Octane Raceway | High Speed Go Kart Racing in Scottsdale, AZ It is real close to the event.

Hiking is an obvious choice. Lots of it in the area.

Anybody here a runner? Lots of great running along the canals. I know a spot that is very scenic, not many hills, no traffic, and ends at the tempe town lake. It cuts along a canal that goes behind the zoo. Although it is in the middle of the city, it does not feel like it. There are underpasses so very little street crossing. I would be up for a 4-8 miler on Thursday.

Lots of food around the area.

I have a jeep and am always up for a 4-wheeling adventure. Would need another vehicle or two for this to be viable.

There is a beautiful drive up through the Apache Trail with incredible spots to hike along the way. There are three lakes along the road. The road is dirt. I have gone up it in a passenger car but doubt people would want to take their car on it. Kind of rough. It would pretty much be a day long event.

Sedona and Prescott have been discussed. I like them both. There is a route that would take you through Prescott, over the mountains to Jerome (awesome mountain-side, artsy, tourist stop), and on to Sedona. There may be an option for a train ride through a canyon in Clarksdale. Prescott is really known for Whiskey Row. You can google any of these.

I enjoy the great outdoors so that is where my focus is at. There are many other options in the city.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Is this timing based on your flight? I would prefer to wait until it is a bit warmer. Don't want to start up the mountain wearing a jacket. 10:00 would be better.

I'm guessing we will have enough people for 2 different groups though.

Yes, though the flight isn't until 4:30. And that is if I don't reschedule.

Have you trekked that mountain before?

I have little interest in the drinking but enjoy watching the antics.

We're in the same boat. I'll have a drink or 2 but I like feeling good in the morning.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Yes, though the flight isn't until 4:30. And that is if I don't reschedule.

Have you trekked that mountain before?
Yes, a number of times. @MTF hiked it barefoot. Seemed like every female that went past us either tried to engage in conversation or watched him hike on by. :) It is all rock!

Challenging but doable by most people.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Yes, a number of times. @MTF hiked it barefoot. Seemed like every female that went past us either tried to engage in conversation or watched him hike on by. :) It is all rock!

Challenging but doable by most people.

"Get out of my way you casuals."

How long does it take from start to finish?

The last time that I hiked was to the Fortress of Klis in July 2016. I'd like to do something like that again.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm going to guess 3 hours round trip. Probably less but could be more.

10 am - 1 pm on Sunday would work for me. That's enough time to catch a 4:30 flight at Sky Harbor.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I have a jeep and am always up for a 4-wheeling adventure. Would need another vehicle or two for this to be viable.

I'm interested in a 4-wheeling adventure. I would happily buy you a case of beer, liquor, food, or some other creative idea if you have one (at the bare minimum throw in for gas / tolls!).

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm interested in a 4-wheeling adventure. I would happily buy you a case of beer, liquor, food, or some other creative idea if you have one (at the bare minimum throw in for gas / tolls!).
Let's see if anyone else chimes in with a vehicle. It is not safe to go out into the wilderness with one vehicle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.