The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some wise words from Martin Shkreli

Anything related to matters of the mind

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Oh yes, the infamous bad boy makes his way onto The Fastlane Forum!

Well, believe it or not, the guy has some really good pointers on starting a business, the pharmaceutical industry, and lots more!

So before this turns into a 'you're right - he's wrong' discussion, I just wanted to share some advice from this multi-millioniare hedge fund manager/pharmaceutical mogul...

Recent grads: focus on skills, not investing:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvmSTyLeC4o

Shkreli on starting a company from scratch:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abgt3-wOc4I&t=857s

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm curious to watch the video, but Im not this guys biggest fan. He started a witch hunt in my industry, the direct result of which almost destroyed my current company and caused a lot of layoffs.

The problem is, he's a hedge fund manager who tried running a pharma company. Pharma companies need a connection to the patients, this guy just didn't get that.

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Oct 29, 2016
UK
The second one is quite interesting, if you can put up with the echo, there's some good actionable advice in there.

I'm not sure about the first video though - he just comes across as a bit of a cock. OK, he's very successful but success doesn't mean you have to act like an a**hole. I don't think I'd be in too much of a rush to watch/listen to much more of his material.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
A couple weeks back, he gave a speech at my brother's school. Very down to earth; even approachable.

Martin Shkreli is victimized by the majority of media outlets. People without knowledge of the pharma industry are quick to point the finger and label Martin a villain. But he's come to revel in his newfound label. It's a persona he's willingly taken on.

Whether he's "right" or "wrong" is irrelevant. He's disrupting an industry almost singlehandely.

I can't speak on behalf of the pharma industry (I have no experience whatsoever), but the man knows finances. He knows business. And for the most part, I find he provides decent insight into entrepreneurship.

Why?

Because I love no BS, no excuses, non-victim views on entrepreneurship. And because a guy who co-founded a hedge fund, co-founded a biotechnology firm, founded a Pharmaceutical company, and is self-made (his parents were immigrant janitors), might be worth listening to.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
A couple weeks back, he gave a speech at my brother's school. Very down to earth; even approachable.

Martin Shkreli is victimized by the majority of media outlets. People without knowledge of the pharma industry are quick to point the finger and label Martin a villain. But he's come to revel in his newfound label. It's a persona he's willingly taken on.

Whether he's "right" or "wrong" is irrelevant. He's disrupting an industry almost singlehandely.

I can't speak on behalf of the pharma industry (I have no experience whatsoever), but the man knows finances. He knows business. And for the most part, I find he provides decent insight into entrepreneurship.

Why?

Because I love no BS, no excuses, non-victim views on entrepreneurship. And because a guy who co-founded a hedge fund, co-founded a biotechnology firm, founded a Pharmaceutical company, and is self-made (his parents were immigrant janitors), might be worth listening to.

As someone who's in pharma, he's very much hated by our entire industry.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
he is a cock, but also very smart.

It is what it is.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I wouldn't hold the general publics opinion in high court.
You're completely missing the point. It's really not a matter of public opinion. He is responsible for his current situation. Not the Feds. I'm out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.