The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Some wise words from Martin Shkreli

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Oh yes, the infamous bad boy makes his way onto The Fastlane Forum!

Well, believe it or not, the guy has some really good pointers on starting a business, the pharmaceutical industry, and lots more!

So before this turns into a 'you're right - he's wrong' discussion, I just wanted to share some advice from this multi-millioniare hedge fund manager/pharmaceutical mogul...

Recent grads: focus on skills, not investing:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvmSTyLeC4o

Shkreli on starting a company from scratch:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abgt3-wOc4I&t=857s

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm curious to watch the video, but Im not this guys biggest fan. He started a witch hunt in my industry, the direct result of which almost destroyed my current company and caused a lot of layoffs.

The problem is, he's a hedge fund manager who tried running a pharma company. Pharma companies need a connection to the patients, this guy just didn't get that.

B V Marlon

Connecting Dots
Speedway Pass
Oct 29, 2016
UK
The second one is quite interesting, if you can put up with the echo, there's some good actionable advice in there.

I'm not sure about the first video though - he just comes across as a bit of a cock. OK, he's very successful but success doesn't mean you have to act like an a**hole. I don't think I'd be in too much of a rush to watch/listen to much more of his material.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Speedway Pass
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
A couple weeks back, he gave a speech at my brother's school. Very down to earth; even approachable.

Martin Shkreli is victimized by the majority of media outlets. People without knowledge of the pharma industry are quick to point the finger and label Martin a villain. But he's come to revel in his newfound label. It's a persona he's willingly taken on.

Whether he's "right" or "wrong" is irrelevant. He's disrupting an industry almost singlehandely.

I can't speak on behalf of the pharma industry (I have no experience whatsoever), but the man knows finances. He knows business. And for the most part, I find he provides decent insight into entrepreneurship.

Why?

Because I love no BS, no excuses, non-victim views on entrepreneurship. And because a guy who co-founded a hedge fund, co-founded a biotechnology firm, founded a Pharmaceutical company, and is self-made (his parents were immigrant janitors), might be worth listening to.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
A couple weeks back, he gave a speech at my brother's school. Very down to earth; even approachable.

Martin Shkreli is victimized by the majority of media outlets. People without knowledge of the pharma industry are quick to point the finger and label Martin a villain. But he's come to revel in his newfound label. It's a persona he's willingly taken on.

Whether he's "right" or "wrong" is irrelevant. He's disrupting an industry almost singlehandely.

I can't speak on behalf of the pharma industry (I have no experience whatsoever), but the man knows finances. He knows business. And for the most part, I find he provides decent insight into entrepreneurship.

Why?

Because I love no BS, no excuses, non-victim views on entrepreneurship. And because a guy who co-founded a hedge fund, co-founded a biotechnology firm, founded a Pharmaceutical company, and is self-made (his parents were immigrant janitors), might be worth listening to.

As someone who's in pharma, he's very much hated by our entire industry.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I wouldn't hold the general publics opinion in high court.
You're completely missing the point. It's really not a matter of public opinion. He is responsible for his current situation. Not the Feds. I'm out.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom